Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Big Words and Long Lives (Shinigami!)  (Read 635 times)

Anonymous

Big Words and Long Lives (Shinigami!)
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:36:27 pm »
Roland, it seems we have a winner here.

Ah, Candidate Sterling. She does look promising. Roland rumbled in Danica's mind as she moved her finger in front of her holographic screen. The files of the candidates followed, responding to how quickly she flicked her fingers. They were flying passed and she'd delete some out of her pool. She was trying to decide who looked good for her candidate. She had to find someone who was willing to work hard, otherwise it would be a severe waste of her time.

Callista Sterling, this file looked the most promising out of the bunch, to Danica anyway. The candidate looked liked she might be able to handle Danica's teaching methods. There was always the added bonus of Danica finding someone "immortal" like herself, or at least as she viewed herself. Someone who was older than most of the other candidates, it made it easier to understand them, and for them to understand her.

She selected the file double clicking the holograph. She brought up an e-mail client and sent word off to the Director of Candidate Affairs that she would be claiming the candidate. They had recommended Danica for the job, she had an idea that Roland had been involved but he was pretending to be deaf when she asked him. She sent off the letter and shortly after wrote one out to Callista.

"Candidate Sterling,

I am Pilot Royal Danica Blake. I have chosen you as one of my Candidates. I am proud to see you already excelling in your classes. I would like to meet this week as early on as possible so we can talk about the workload you will be getting and I can answer any questions you might have. I can meet you at your room on Monday around 7:00. I obviously do not want to interfere with your classes until I know you are beyond them.

I've attached a list of books in a file. If you need assistance getting a hold of these titles I will help you at our meeting on Monday.

-Pilot Royal Blake-"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

shinigamikitsune

Re: Big Words and Long Lives (Shinigami!)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:54:08 pm »
Callista arrived in her room close to curfew, like usual. She had spent her free time after dinner in one of the training rooms, going through her own routines and exorcises. It was true that the training given to the candidates was meant to push all the candidates, at times it just didn't seem enough to Callista. These were things she was working through when she was first beginning to condition herself for battle and war.

She had yet to be assigned a roommate, so for the time being she had the room to herself. Which meant that it didn't matter if she used all the hot water for her shower. Thinking about it, considering the average age that the candidates were, it didn't matter of the roommate ended up being male or female, they would probably end up being nothing more then an annoyance. At least that's the feeling she got from the vibe the other candidates were giving her.

Freshly cleaned and dried, Callista moved to check her e-mail account, in case there was anything waiting for her. One never knew when there might be a change of plans for the next day's classes, or who might decide to contact her.

While she waited for her account to come up, she started to braid her hair for the night. She honestly didn't expect to have anything, though was pleasantly surprised when she saw there was one. It was from a pilot, and a Royal rank at that. Somebody must have taken interest in her. Callista read through the e-mail and smiled by the time she got to the end. It seems as though they had really taken an interest in her. Not every candidate was lucky enough to have a mentor. To have a Pilot claiming her this early on, meant that they saw potential in her. She'd have to work even harder now to prove that their decision was not misplaced.

She quickly fired back an e-mail, thanking Pilot Danica for selecting her, and that she looked forward to meeting her monday morning. She made sure to write down the list of reading material that had been recommended for her before she logged off and shut everything down. It seemed as though she'd be making a trip to the library the next day, perhaps first thing in the morning.

Smiling to herself, she settled down on the bed, pleased that the day had gone so well.

(sorry for taking so long to reply!)

Anonymous

Re: Big Words and Long Lives (Shinigami!)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:09:13 am »
Danica was sitting on her balcony a pillow underneath her while she sat indian style. Her hands were placed lightly on her knees and her eyes were closed. She was meditating, clearing her mind. It was sometimes the only way she could relax and get all the memories and thoughts in order that were relevant to her current life. The old memories occasionally pushed their way to the front of her mind, fighting to bring her back. She tried to ignore them until times like this.

When she was meditating she could let those memories give her knowledge. She could escape in them. It was the easiest way to keep her mind sharp, her body working efficiently. She tried to impart this technique onto her candidates but many didn't have the patience to really try it. Perhaps this new candidate would be different.

It's time to get ready Dani, your candidate will be waiting.

The Pilot's eyes fluttered open and she licked her lips. Rising out of her meditation sometimes felt like waking up. She always felt groggy at first, her mind moving slowly and then wakening. She opened her eyes to let the light in. She remembered when the light wasn't fake. She looked up at the sky for a minute and shook her head. Time to go, no point in wasting time.

Even though she had plenty of it.

She got ready putting on a black sweater and a dark orange skirt that came down to her knees and seemed to tighten as it went down. She always seemed constrained in some way or another. She slipped into a pair of black and orange high heeled shoes and put her hair up with two chopsticks. She always tried to look her best. She normally looked professional and beautiful. Some might say it was obvious how much of a stick was up her butt though...even just from her clothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal