Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Tabletops  (Read 671 times)

Anonymous

Tabletops
« on: December 13, 2007, 12:54:44 am »
After seeing the alignment quiz, I remembered a few of my tabletop charries. So, with so many avid role players on this site, I'm sure that there are a few tabletop players out there. Figured we could have a lil discussion about what's everyone's favorites and their styles, experiences, etc.

In any case, I've dabbled in four. I've dabbled in BESM, a naruto-styled one. It sadly, turned into a failure after two meetings. I've played Exalted a few times, and Sidereals are the shit as far as I'm concerned. And of course, mentioning tabletop RPG's naturally means that D&D has been played...Kill the warlock...kill the warmage...and summon their corpses...yes.... *cough* And now I'm looking at playing Vampire The Masquerade. Anyone had any good experiences with it?

Now someone say something!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:35:17 am »
I've played a Serenity style one, and that's about it o.O
Hoping to start playing a Final Fantasy one after Christmas though ^^

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 03:21:40 pm »
Did a final fantasy campaign, several DnD campaigns based on a custom world of a friend's design, Shadowrun campaign, D20 modern campaigns...and our friend made up his own tabletop game based on just using one die for each character. Played a goblin rogue thing.

Let's see...we've played...

Gnome assassins, Gnome inventors
Elf rangers, Elf wizards
Human paladins
an Ork in the shadowrun campaign
Human Smart Hero

Oh and been the DM before. Mwahahaha!

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 06:32:25 pm »
I've played Vampire: The Masquerade before. :3

It's quite fun. ^_^ Unfortunately, our storyteller kinda reeked after the first few meetings, but... :/ What can you do, right?

D&D's kinda fun, though I haven't done that in a good long while.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 04:29:07 am »
Chaaaaa...Nice to see others. The Serenity RPG is pretty fun. I got stuck with the default gear cause of the GM, but the ship kicked ass when I got done! Hehe.

D&D is always pretty good. If our Vampire campaign goes under, then my group will probably return to that. Just not sure what class to play now. Hmmm...

But if Vampire is fun, like Kurai said, then hopefully I'll be at it for a good while. Our Storyteller/DM/GM is pretty good...especially since we force him to do it cause we're lazy and like to play, but a bunch of stat-rollers don't make great free-formers...*sigh* So I'm never that hopeful about White Wolf games...

Final Fantasy? I didn't know there was one, although it makes sense that there is...Got any details? DRAGOON KNIGHTTTT!!!!(playing FFV, sorry XD)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 08:28:55 am »
The guy running it made it himself, but you can't be a moogle! *cries*
Everyone wants to be Viera but I want to be one of Red XIII's race ^^ or a genome ^^ or a black mage ^^

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 02:44:55 am »
I've played several tabletop systems.  Personally I find I like 2nd ed D&D to 3.5.  I've played in two different homebrew systems that worked extremely well, one of which my bro-in-law made.  I'm also very fond of Palladium Books and their different settings.  I've played RIFTS and dabbled in some Heros Unlimited and sadly not really played any of the other systems.

I've played a Vampire the Masquerade LARP, but I didn't care for it much...

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 10:15:26 am »
I want to play Vampire the Masquerade, I love vampire things ^^

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 05:12:25 pm »
It's fuunnn. <3

Personally, I love playing Toreadors- Assamites got boring rather quickly. :/[/size]

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 09:40:11 am »
Is there no love for the Ravnos? Sadly, vampire just fell apart. After the *%^*ing storyteller outlawed anything non-Cam, my Malkavian has no where to play. And he was so cool killing stuff with his Dao and screaming for mother after a kill...

*yelling at group* YOU DROPPED THIS TO PLAY A F'NING DIGIMON BESM :evil: ...*groan* Hand of Fate then...As soon as I kill all of you, we play Masquerade again. One damn session, ONE DAMN SESSION AND YOU QUI-

I'm back. Ehehehe.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal