Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Information File: Radio Broadcast: Switcher  (Read 413 times)

Anonymous

Information File: Radio Broadcast: Switcher
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:39:40 pm »
<Posted over The Seeker Channel, Information File: Radio Broadcast:Switcher. This file can only be view by those with Seeker Classification.>

<Sound File Here:>
[center:2b62m3ia] Welcome, Seekers and sundries. My public announcement for today, in the waning minutes before your directional trace begins to close in on me... [crackle] Terrifying. Today I want to speak about the history of freedom. History... or freedom... has always been written by poets, hm, or so you could say.

"Freedom, or... what... we... are... fighting... for. What you overlook when you say that prosperity is freedom, or that pleasure is freedom, oh... no... to create a desire and to feed it is the most grotesque of slaveries... we think for ourselves. Our own desires, the desires of a free people, need no Network and have no need--no need! No need of anything. And you are trapped in your towers and your Eyries, your Network, it is a trap, and it is. A death.

"History, more to the point... Ipollius, the abandoned city. Without the Network, what do we have? Oh, we have so much more than anyone might presume. Ipollius failed, but not all of its citizens died, whether you put them in prison camps or left them to wander the wastelands. These are not the worst punishments you can inflict on us. We do not fear Ipollius. We do not need the Network and we do not need the Dragons.

"Human beings, fragile and powerful. But you Dragons, you Pilots... you are the Network, and it will die with you, and you fear death because it is all you know, but we fear nothing, because we know [crackle] that freedom is worth more than the deathly life...

"Now, then, what about Urazria? I imagine you did not hear about our neighbor on the news. Rioters in one of their Lower Caste districts succeeded in shutting down ten kilometers of the power grid. They disabled fifteen percent of the stationed police force and held out for two weeks behind barricades. Most of them are [crackle] now in.. ah... 'containment facilities,' isn't that right? I wonder, Pilots, how long it will take you to realize that you are creating soldiers more dangerous than your own behind those walls. Prison riots... I hear you had another three months ago... Oh, I have [kssh] ears in your walls. Someday you will find that everyone you keep imprisoned, and that is all of us, all of us, in the Lower City or on an island or behind a wall or in a dome--everyone is ready to break out.

"We have the tools. People, Xico... people. It is a person's world and not a Dragon's we live and die in, and we do not like walls... Freedom. What is freedom? You wonder why we are willing to kill or die for our freedom, but that is freedom [kssh] for you. Freedom is the thing that life is made of. Freedom, the impulse to freedom, is the impulse not to live in a system that destroys choice. Freedom... to do things and say things for reasons that are beyond any system. You do not have it? You do not have a life I should regret taking. You, in thrall to Dragons. You, imprisoned in the [crackle] deep, deep and deathly complacency of your position. You, who are not willing to look life in the face and say that you are a being and you are free. None of you are people... to me. It is only those who choose to choose... who deserve... choice.

"And I ask you... when those of us who do have our freedom act... when we act--will you choose to join us?"
[/center:2b62m3ia]

This broadcast hasn't been able to be traced as of yet. This broadcast seems to be pretty regular, but they move around on the frequencies to avoid tracing. The broadcaster seems to have information coming from inside The Citadel, could be Gospels supplying the information or maybe lower ranked officers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal