Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Thoughts of the Moment (TM)  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Thoughts of the Moment (TM)
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:54:26 pm »
Dearest Fellow Gospels,

_______I have been thinking.  (I know, that is amazing.  Hold the applause until the end, please.)

_______"Whatever have you been thinking, Indigo?" you might ask, gentle Gospel, but there is no need to ask for I shall illumine you posthaste. I have been thinking that in battling our brothers, justified though we are, we may be missing out on some golden opportunities. Do not get me wrong - we live in a Pilot eat Pilot world - but remember: not every Pilot is a Pilot because he wanted to be one. Many are Pilots because they had no other choice.

_______That sounds obvious, considering who we are and why were are doing what we are doing. However, I think that in fighting our fight, it can be easy to lose sight of that fact. There are plenty of Pilots who are not Gospels but who may still agree with our mission. They are just too afraid to act - and their fear is valid. Death is nothing to laugh about. I know, we cannot afford to suffer cowards, but I will come back to this point later.

_______With others, it is not only fear that holds them back. In a sense, we Gospels are gifted. We have capitalized upon tricks and skills that the others lack, found loopholes that others are blind to. Not everyone can be a Gospel, even if they agree with us. They simply do not have the capacity. They would be caught in an instant.

_______"But Indigo, why are you telling me all this? What is the point?"

_______The point, gentle Gospel, is that there is no point. No, I tease. The point is that I believe we should focus our efforts on not only educating the masses and bringing them to our side, but that we should attempt to do that with Pilots as well. Some do not fight because they do not believe they can, or they know not how. If they cannot be a Gospel, how else can they resist? An even better question is how can they effectively resist? So instead they throw their hands up in surrender and go with the system.

_______Many Pilots are genuinely lost and genuinely love what they have. I am not talking about them. I am interested in finding a way to include the Pilots who are not Gospels, but would have been had circumstances been different, or the fence-sitters that might be swayed to our side with the right incentives. Thus far we have been focusing on candidates and citizens. That is not quite good enough for me. How many of you are close to other Pilots? There is no way to know if your friend or lover is a Gospel or not, and chances are they are not. On a less sentimental vein, the more Pilots on our side, the better.

_______There has to be a way to save them, too. We have a lot of brilliant minds here among us. I am certain if anyone can figure out something, we can, because while I realize and have long accepted that being a Gospel means I may one day have to face my friends - I want to try and save them first.

[right:6ano7948]With All My Heart,
Indigo[/right:6ano7948]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Thoughts of the Moment (TM)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:17:23 pm »
Wow, like totally awesome Indy. I might, like, actually somewhat agree with you. I'm just gonna like, totally add in the fact, that like remember that there is totally mental conditioning when we like, go through the program.

So, while, like some of the Pilots might be like, all nice and stuff, they like, can totally not have shaken that brainwashing. I mean, like, there are some totally loyal Pilots there. And, like, it’s not, the totally obvious ones. Like our favorite incompetent seeker and his, like, little follower.

And, like, it might be better then sitting around, like doing nothing, which, by the way, is like, totally boring and lame. That stupid little radio program is doing more, like, good then, like we are. But, like, lets all, like, totally keep in mind, they might, like, totally dig us and stuff, but like, they have had too much of that propaganda stuff beaten into their heads to, like, really be able to do anything.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 07:28:55 pm »
Precisely. Good point on the brainwashing bit.

We agreed on something, Sera. I shall have to input this into my calendar. ~_^

- Indigo

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 07:34:42 pm »
Like, totally omg. We are like, totally 1337 now.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 07:36:23 pm »
Quote from: "Indigo"
being a Gospel means I may one day have to face my friends - I want to try and save them first.

we agree try to save them

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 07:41:21 pm »
Quote from: "Seraphim"
Like, totally omg. We are like, totally 1337 now.
1337 P1L075 FTW

Quote from: "GodsAbove"
we agree try to save them

We?

- Indigo

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 07:47:26 pm »
you will one day be happy when you know just how powerful some of the gospels can be
words do many things
those in power have been corrupt with it and words are meaningless to them
try using those first
old things are not always forgotten

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:54:09 pm »
I hate to break up the feel-good party, but do any of you have any concrete suggestions at all?

The way I see it, if we try to involve them now, we'll only compromise either ourselves or these supposedly sympathetic Pilots.  Or both.  Hey, thought experiment time: it's the end of the line for us.  We run out into the Citadel halls, blasters blazing.  Who'd stand aside, who'd join us and who'd try to kill us?

The fact is, until we've got a significant advantage (in number?  In position?), they'd be stupid to do anything but the latter (and we'd be stupid to make a serious move, so there's no point in discussing it).  Best I can think of is set your blasters to stun, folks, treat your friends real good, and hope.  If and when it's safe to make a real move, let's hope we can make it safe for our friends to join us.  And if we can't, it's our own damn fault.  Oh, and no more killing Candidates.

-C

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 08:09:39 pm »
you are all brilliant psychics surely you realize that the problem is the dragons and those unwisely addicted to them

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 08:10:31 pm »
Oh Chimmy, your problem is you are thinking now and I am not. I am thinking the future - perhaps years down the road. I am thinking something gradual. You cannot move mountains over night, nor can you change minds.

Like you said, first we need something that can inspire confidence in the fence-sitters. Incentives! When we get the resources and the numbers, when we get more tools, we can perhaps more easily sway others. But I think that part of swaying them involves getting them to trust us.

Look, thus far we have been doing a lot of targeting Pilots. We killed a candidate. We framed two completely innocent Pilots. And why? I have not seen any results of those missions, so I sure cannot say why we did that. That is awfully uncool.

After that, they are not going to trust us! I wouldn't trust us after that! We are terrorists to them right now, not freedom fighters! Pilots that very well could be Gospels and have the means of doing so... are they going to want to trust us after that?

Trust. it goes both ways.

For now, I say less targeting our own, and more focusing on the citizens. We need to empower them, and prove to the Pilots that we are more than just terrorists.

- Indigo

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 08:11:21 pm »
Like, Chimera, no one like, said that, we should run around and like, pass out fliers. Just that, like, it is something to think about. That not just candidates can be taken, like, into the ranks and stuff.

Test the waters and stuff. See what happens. You, like, don't have to start with telling them like, how awesome gospels are.

And yeah, killing candidates is totally lame and kinnda, like, makes us into the bad guys.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 08:17:54 pm »
Quote from: "Indigo"
We framed two completely innocent Pilots.

I wouldn't say completely innocent, but sorry.  My bad.

For now, I say less targeting our own, and more focusing on the citizens. We need to empower them, and prove to the Pilots that we are more than just terrorists.

We should target the citizens?  JK.  I agree.  I'm... well, I'm trying to set up more of a link with an underground citizens' group called the Initiative.  They're a little (haha, juuust a little) wary of the Gospels, but a friend of mine (yeah, that radio guy) is a major contact.  The rest are skittish as hell, but I've had a little luck this far; they're helping me monitor that Godsforsaken TRIM deal.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 06:14:51 pm »
Quote from: "Chimera"
We should target the citizens?  JK.  I agree.  I'm... well, I'm trying to set up more of a link with an underground citizens' group called the Initiative.  They're a little (haha, juuust a little) wary of the Gospels, but a friend of mine (yeah, that radio guy) is a major contact.  The rest are skittish as hell, but I've had a little luck this far; they're helping me monitor that Godsforsaken TRIM deal.

Chimera, my friend, you choose terrible company.

Don't let Poet find out you jabbed his most promising new psychic... Satro, was it? ...with the magic needle. I realize it was her decision, but we have only you to blame if that mindwipe didn't take and your friend does something irrational with his newfound knowledge.

It may be your operation, but realize that if the Initiative finds out about the cure, it's out of your hands. We might lose Poet, or the drug, or any one of our number. Do not let it happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal