Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))  (Read 3418 times)

Anonymous

Re: The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 08:11:21 pm »
Satori was very pleased that Lamb liked the impression, they should all be able to mimic their teachers! They saw them enough.

"Ah well see, when I read...I like easy exciting stories. Stuff like this..." She flipped through the pages of the book to give an example. "...I just...it doesn't stick. Of course the motivations here make it much easier to focus." She coughed and opened her notebook flicking through pages of scribbled notes and scribbled doodles to find where she had left off. Pilot Royal Blake, Satori wished she would burst into flames, had assigned a page of questions related to the text. Annoying, vague-ish questions. Of course.

"Did you start on these questions yet? I finished the reading...I looked at these questions though and took a nap." She pointed at the paper turning it towards Lamb. It had about twenty questions on it that were just for the chapter they were working on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 12:31:55 am »
Lamb nodded, "Y-yeah. T-this stuff can be hard to g-get through. B-but it's interesting." She kept her head down, feeling shy. She liked Satori and the other girl seemed to like her, but Lamb still felt so nervous.

Her ears twitched slightly as she took the paper, "Oh, y-yes. I s-started them." Lamb liked to get her work done soon. She was terrified of the Pilots and failing and as she wasn't doing very well on her physical work, she worked extra hard on her studies.

But the questions were killer. Lamb hadn't been able to get through all of them. Blake was a hard teacher and Lamb wanted to do a good job, "I-it's like w-wading through q-quicksand. H-how did you w-want to tackle them?"

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 05:31:04 am »
"Well, I think the one that just made me put the questions back in my notebook and give up was the one about..." Satori's eyes scanned the sheet of paper. She was aware of the other girl's nervousness. What candidate wouldn't be? Their emotions were all over the damn place, constantly. She just wasn't going to point it out. She knew that always made her feel more awkward which probably wouldn't be any different for Lamb.

"Oh!" Satori's eyes lit up as she found it. "This one." She turned the sheet around again pointing it out rather superfluously as she said the number. "Question four. The strategy the Pilots used in this battle I can't quite pronounce." Satori laughed  afterwards. "The author lists the different kinds earlier...but I couldn't quite wrap my head around which one it would be."

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 10:50:29 pm »
Lamb nodded, leaning closer. She was still nervous and tense, but it was getting easier. Satori was so nice, so friendly. It made Lamb happy being around her and she hadn't had much luck making friends at the ATC.

"Yeah. That one was a hard one. It's a trick. I almost got it wrong." Lamb flipped open her book to a highlighted page, "See. Right here it explains it." She slipped into study mode, going over all the various points, showing Satori the places she marked in the book to back up her explanation.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2009, 12:02:27 pm »
"What a jerk! Assigning trick questions." Satori leaned in to listen, happy Lamb had had trouble with same question she did. Lamb however had found the answer, and pretty expertly. Lamb also seemed a little bit more comfortable as she explained it. For a second Satori got distracted and looked at Lamb instead of the book then quickly looked back. Book work must have been a comfort zone for her.

"Well, looks like I picked the right smart person to study with." Satori grabbed her highlighter and started to read through and highlight some of the things Lamb had pointed out and explained. This was so much better than futilely trying to find the answers she kept missing. Grabbing her notebook she started to write down her answer. While she wrote she spoke to Lamb and still tried to stay focused enough so she didn't put the words in the wrong order.

"That makes so much more sense. Ugh. Were there any you had problems with?"

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2009, 08:32:47 pm »
Lamb flushed happily and gave Satori a shy smile, looking pleased at the praise, "I like this stuff. It's a challenge. A-and it's easier t-then the other stuff." Lamb hated all the physical stuff. She was decent at running, dodging things. But she wasn't very strong and was rather uncoordinated to do well at much.

Leaning over the notebook, Lamb scanned her notes, "N-no. Most were pretty straight forward. Oh!" She pointed to one of the questions, "Number 17. B-be careful when you read it. S-she worded it o-oddly."

Pushing her paper closer to Satori, the bunny smiled, "H-here. You can u-use my notes if y-you want."

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2009, 10:56:28 am »
Satori turned Lamb's paper around. Number seventeen was worded strangely. She put a finger down on Lamb's paper and moved her finger as she read along the page.

"I know this is supposed to help my cognitive skills or whatever ya call em, but this was just mean." She finished reading through and sat back for a moment looking at Lamb, a blank look on her face, then a smile crossing it as she grabbed her own notes and highlighter again.

"You're like a certified genius, totally." She shook her head at herself as she started highlighting and making some notes and folding down pages in the book. "How did I miss that one?"

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 01:05:09 am »
The praise had Lamb glowing with pleasure, ducking her head shyly, "I-I just p-pay close attention..." And she didn't really do much, to intimidated by the other candidates to interact with them. And the fear of failing made Lamb driven. She had some of the highest test scores in her stage.

"I-it's the only thin-thing I am good at..."

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:54 am »
Satori shook her head at Lamb.

"I bet there are lots of other things you're good at, but hey the skill you have is a good one to have here. A hell of a good one." Satori smiled and went back to making a couple notes, changing them into her...less intelligent wording that Blake would be used to so she wouldn't get a lecture, then added a few ideas of her own.

Satori wasn't unintelligent she wasn't the most book smart person in The ATC, she was almost positive this person next to her was, aside from maybe some of the teachers. Maybe Lamb could teach her what she looked for so she could see it to, then perhaps she might have a chance at passing this thing.

"How do you study? Do you mind me asking?"

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »
That was a topic the bunny girl was comfortable with. Her stammer got less and less the more she talked, going over her study techniques with the other candidate. It wasn't until much later when Lamb finally glanced over at a clock that she even realized how long she had been talking.

Blushing, Lamb sat back in her chair, tucking a strand of curly brown hair back from her face, "Oh...I-I'm sorry....I s-sometimes t-talk to mu-much." Her nervousness was coming back, ears twitching in agitation.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:55 am »
Satori waved her hand at Lamb dismissively. She had been listening with rapt attention. The blonde candidate was never someone who liked studying, she liked the exercising, the running, and of course the punching. She was amazed by Lamb's dedication to the text. She wished she could feel that pull.

"No, no! You don't talk enough. You're really smart under all that blushing. If you ever need help with anything I owe you big time girl!"

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 07:40:24 pm »
The mention of her blushing had Lamb's face going a dark red, ears twitching spasticly. She shook her head, hunching down into her chair, "N-no, no, Not r-rreally. I just p-pay attention. That's all."

She did give Satori a bright smile in return before her ducking her head, "I-it was f-fun. I d-don't need anything, r-really."

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 07:18:05 am »
Satori grinned while the girl got nervous. It wasn't that the scorpion liked making the girl nervous...well maybe a little. Perhaps Satori could help her loosen up some while Lamb helped Satori buckle down and make it as a Pilot. Marshal would be more pleased to have a candidate that passes all her classes. It would make it much easier on him as well.

"So, maybe I can teach you how to relax some! That would be proper payback right?" She wanted to pinch the brunette's cheeks she was so cute with all the blushing but she remembered the horror of that she sometimes endured with relatives when she was younger so she restrained herself from doing that.

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 12:04:09 am »
"Oh? W-what? R-really?" Lamb was pretty sure if it was possible to go redder, she would have. But the idea of getting to hang out with Satori thrilled her. Maybe some of her cool would rub off on Lamb!

"I-I would really l-like that. P-please. I-I m-m-mean if y-you don't mind...yes!"

Anonymous

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 12:05:08 pm »
Satori reached over shutting Lamb's book when Lamb agreed. The first step was to get her cute little nose out of a book once in awhile. Satori however would let that little part go slightly because of the situation they were in. They all had to have their noses in a book at least some of the time.

"Now, do you listen to any music? I find that music helps me relax or puts me in a good mood in the morning." She was going to enjoy this. Despite her happy nature it was hard for her to make friends if she was being honest. Most candidates were nervous already and if you added in a scorpion tail? Well she was just out of luck.

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 12:03:18 pm »
The girl jumped slightly when Satori shut the book. She had to resist the urge to open the book again. She felt almost naked. What was she supposed to say now that the homework was done?

Then Satori was talking again and Lamb felt a bit better. Satori seemed good at talking to people. All she had to do was follow her lead. Lamb nodded her head, smiling shyly at the blond, "Y-yes. I like p-pop music mostly." She rattled off a few popular artists, then slowly went quite. That was probably really lame. People always teased her because she liked bubble gum pop music. It wasn't very cool.

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:43 am »
Satori smiled, she could work with this. Satori liked all kinds of music, pop music wasn't far and away her favorite. There were a couple good things about it though.

"Do you have your collection handy?" Satori knew she had a few songs from people she had mentioned but her wrist organizer wasn't going to be very loud, and she had good plans for Lamb. Part of it involved music the other part involved getting her to relax some.

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2010, 04:09:31 pm »
"S-some. I didn't g-get all of it. W-when I came." Lamb flushed and pulled out a music player, holding it out to the other girl. The girl was twitching again, nervous and shy about showing off her music to Satori. She probably had a much cooler collection of music.

"It's n-not that cool or anything.."

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2010, 10:29:31 am »
The blonde took it from Lamb slowly. She was trying to be mindful not to move too suddenly Lamb was so skittish and the last thing she wanted to do was scare her away. Satori started scrolling through the iMusic not disappointed by Lamb's taste. Satori wasn't much of a music snob, any type of music could have a good beat.

She stopped on a song she had danced too before. She remembered the night fondly she had snuck out of the house through a window and took off to a club. She had gotten in easily because of her family connections. She remembered dancing with a boy. She let the memory fade away and looked up at Lamb.

"This is one of my favorite songs!" She grinned at Lamb wide. "Not that cool, p'shaw." She stood up and wondered over to the computer connecting the speakers to the iMusic. She turned it up, but not too loud. The music came through the speakers instantly and Satori closed her eyes for a moment letting the memory of dancing come over her.

She started to move slowly at first. She wasn't the most graceful dancer, but she was alright. It was hard to dance with a giant tale sometimes. After dancing for a few seconds she turned to Lamb.

"Whenever I feel stressed I put music on and dance. Have you ever danced before?"

Anonymous

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 12:17:10 pm »
Lamb felt a rush of relief when Satori found a song she liked, beaming shyly, flushed with pleasure. She had stuff in common with someone as awesome as Satori!

A little startled when Satori started dancing, Lamb had to admit she could move pretty well. Lamb always felt like a spastic klutz when she tried to dance. Giving a small laugh, Lamb nodded, "S-sure I h-have danced. I-I'm just not g-g-good at it."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal