Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A quiet place to study (Kitesy of my heart)  (Read 1704 times)

Anonymous

Re: A quiet place to study (Kitesy of my heart)
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 09:48:01 pm »
"Yeah, no kidding!" Devi nodded her head, brushing her bangs out of her face, "At least I can walk and all that." Really no need to bring up the screaming and flailing, or the waterboarding that happened in the toilet. Didn't seem the best way to impress someone, "Awww. You are gonna make me blush and girls with pink hair really shouldn't blush."

The compliment on her backpack got a laugh, "This thing? It's so old. I can't wait to start making money so I can get a new one." Devi really only kept the thing around because she would rather spend her money on other things. And the bag still worked. For now.

When the boy went face first into the door, Devi gave a gasp, startled. Then she quickly covered her mouth, trying not to laugh to loudly. It was just too funny. And he seemed to be trying to hard to impress her. Not that that was ruined now or anything. Devi still found Craven very interesting.

"Are you alright? That looked a bit painful." Devi moved closer, lightly reaching up a hand to touch his cheek. Nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting, "Your cheek is all red. I hope it doesn't bruise."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 09:12:28 am »
The kitsune looked down and Devi and made a note to himself as her warm hand touched his cheek that maybe hurting yourself wasn't always all bad. His free hand reached up touchings hers gently. His cheeks were still red, but now it was more of a blush of closeness than embarrassment, though that was still there, for sure.

"I'll survive, I think, maybe." He grinned at her then winced just slightly not expecting the slight ache to come along with the smile. He was still looking down at her into her eyes, caught for a moment. Her hand felt warm against his cheek. Then he dropped his hand and directed her through the door with it trying not to smile too much. Though a shy one still remained there.

"Now go on or you'll make me even more embarrassed." He said in a scolding voice. He risked a glance back to the library and most of the candidates were giggling looking his way. Well that one would go down in the history books. He rolled his eyes. Like they'd never tripped and run into something!

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 07:41:37 pm »
His hand on her cheek surprised Devi a little, and she startled slightly under his hand. But she smiled, leaving her hand against Craven's cheek. Her eyes were a dark brown now, her eyelashes and eyebrows a bright blue, unlike her pink hair.

"You think? Wont make a good Pilot if a little bump to a door takes you out." She smiled, patting his cheek before dropping her hand. The intimacy made her a little nervous, so she was more then happy to let him lead her out.

"I doubt I can make you more embarrassed then walking into a wall. In front of an audience. At least you get to leave with the pretty girl." Devi shouldered her bag, adjusting it on her back as she headed down the hallway, "And look at the bright side, you'll be famous!"

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 10:59:47 am »
"Ha, I'll try not to let doors take me out..."He trailed off for a minute making a show of thinking. "You think they have Pilot training for that?" She dropped her hand and he followed her out, feeling a little sad for the loss of touch. He risked a look back as the door was falling closed. The candidates were all grinning at him, a sort of eerie look to it all those people at once.

He was slowly realizing that he really disliked being around so many people at once. Maybe it was all the time spent in space he wasn't sure. For some reason lots of people in one place made him very nervous. Maybe because he was aware of the things that could happen?  He really wondered if he could survive this candidate business when so many things all fell into the balance.

FOCUS!

Damn, he just couldn't help from getting lost in his own thoughts. They pulled him under like a current in a river. He was really hoping this whole program would give him some sort of discipline about it. Though his biggest fear was that it would get worse. He'd get even more lost after all this. He had to much to fall back into, without ever really thinking about anything. And could a candidacy really deflate years, thousands of them, of bad habits?

He pulled back to himself, back to the conversation at hand with some effort. It didn't have anything to do with that he wasn't interested. The exact opposite really.  It was just difficult to pull his mind back to the moment he was living.

"Very true! A pretty lady always makes the hurt less." He winked at her and chuckled as he walked along side of her. "Famous?" He chuckled and gave a slight blush. "That's the last thing I need!"

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 01:46:01 pm »
"If they don't have a program for it, I'm sure they can make one just for you." Devi was a little impressed with how well Craven had taken that smack to the face. She would have gotten all red faced and embarrassed. But he had just gone along with it.

"Well, if you don't want to be famous, you'll have to work on that drawing attention to yourself with loud, banging noises." The comment on pretty girls made Devi think of something, "You know, I don't think I have seen an ugly Pilot. Or, really an ugly candidate now that I think about it. Weird. I wonder if it's some weird conspiracy. Or like, the unattractive ones just get shipped off for surgery or something."

She laughed and moved a little closer to Craven, liking the closer contact, "You know. I could seriously go for some cereal. I don't know why. Just struck by a craving for sugar coated marshmallowy goodness."

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 12:53:14 pm »
He laughed and waved his hand at her as she poked fun at him. Devi was just way too much fun.

"You dear, are just too much." He gave her the smallest of pushes on the arm. "Perhaps my destiny is to be famous and I won't be able to to avoid it!" He gave another wide grin at her. He couldn't really wipe the smiles off of his face as he spent time with her. Then she made a comment that was interesting, about the pretty pilots, he arched a brow and tilted his head slightly as he thought over it.

He had never really seen anyone that ugly either, plain maybe...but ugly...not at all. He was probably giving way too much thought to all of this, but what if they did have separate facilities for the uglier group, or they just sent them straight to the lowest level...the place he had heard horror stories and rumors about for so long. He was imagining them filing the people there when she moved closer and pulled him out of his thoughts.

"I don't think I have either! Maybe it is a conspiracy." He gave wiggly fingers her direction to act an eerie effect, though really he just looked silly.

"Oooh cereal! I love the marshmallows...I never actually eat the cereal parts though. I normally grab a piece of fruit. Mmm maybe they'll have some peaches."

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 08:07:16 pm »
"I mean, seriously, it's kind of weird. I've seen some people that aren't anything special, but I have yet to see anyone that is ugly. No like, acne or splotchy faces or anything." She laughed, "Probably aren't allowed to be Pilots." She rubbed the scar across her nose, absently wondering if she would get it fixed when she actually had the money for it. She didn't like the scar much, but it had been part of her face the last few years.

"I like the marshmallowy bits with the cereal. Way to sweet just on their own. I'm not a huge fruit fan, I mean, I like it well enough, but I don't eat it a lot." Devi had no idea how she managed to stay as thin as she was on her diet. She ate like shit and she didn't really care. Greasy, fatty foods were the best. Probably just all the working out and physical activity she did, "Aw man. This makes me wish I could get a burger. Like from WacDonalds. So, so good. Their credit menu was the best!"

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 12:57:47 pm »
Haha burgers

Crevan grinned at her as the mention of burgers brought back memories of his old crew. He felt a sadness coming in, an overwhelming feeling of being trapped in it like a collar or a cage. It was almost a physical sensation of walls pushing in. He tried to push back but somehow it felt like they were still closing in. He blinked it away and tried to think of something else, anything else.

Burgers!

He tried to remember if he had ever had one. Crevan was sort of an old soul when it came to food. He was very basic with it. Meat, vegetables, fruit. A regular set of food, not these fast easy meals that Aedolis citizens enjoyed. It made him feel even more out of his element. He did distinctly remember having one once...

"I think I've had some...before...may be." He tapped his index finger to his chin wondering. "Yeah! I remember the fries...and the milkshakes. Now milkshakes, those are a gift from some force above." He nodded and smiled. He might have been making it up but he was sure he remembered milkshakes...their taste. Maybe not the rest of it, he liked routine in his food. Otherwise the memories just slipped away...like a lot of them.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 05:07:27 pm »
That got a laugh from Devi and she gave Craven a skeptical look, "Oh please. You are going to try and convince me you have only had a fast food burger once? Get real!" Devi and her friends all lived by that stuff. It was everywhere.

"Milkshakes are amazing. I like strawberry ones best." She had avoided them for a while, as they matched her hair a little too well. But eventually she got over them and used to happily suck them down. Now, not so much.

They were at the cafeteria now and Devi headed over to the line. There wasn't many people around, but there always seemed to be food here for candidates, "Well, what shall we get?"

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:20 am »
He held a hand up and put the two middle fingers down with his thumb sticking out still. He had a very solemn look on his face as he did so.

"Fox's honor. I very rarely ate out, then when I got here I don't eat out at all. I only eat what they serve of course." He put his hands back in his pocket and followed her. A slight frown was on his face thinking about the food they served. They really should have something better. Probably just another part of the torture of the candidate program. It just wasn't very good. It wasn't horrible but...

Well, he saw food like this, he had a food meter of how he ranked things. There was packaged space food that you ate to get buy between ports. That was the lowest rung on the ladder it was just horrible, there was this cafeteria food on bad days, greasy food chains, this cafeteria on good days, his cooking, then Mom's cooking and restaurants. He had managed to eat at one right before he got nabbed. He still thought about that food sometimes. It was so delicious...

Maybe they could just employ him as a Chef instead of a Pilot?

Then Devi called him back from his food meter and they were at the cafeteria. He looked down at her smiling and looking at the food laid out today.

"Do my eyes deceive me?!" One thing that he did enjoy that was horrible, greasy and just plain bad for you was pizza. He grabbed his tray and slid three slices onto his plate with a wink at the lady standing behind the buffet. She rolled her eyes at him and told him to move along.

"I'm gonna start with this." He grinned wide at Devi grabbing a bottle of white milk.

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 12:35:30 pm »
"Wow. Cool!" Devi was impressed that he could get his hand to do that. She attempted too, but her pinky finger wouldn't seem to stick up, it was always at an angle, "Man! I can't get my hand to do that. What's the trick?"

The food in the cafeteria wasn't so bad, though Devi missed her mom's cooking a bit. Not that her mom was a good cook. She wasn't. At all. But it was still familiar. It just wasn't mashed potatoes if they weren't lumpy and slightly undercooked. And over salted.

Devi grinned at the boys excitement over pizza. Not that she didn't love pizza, because really, what wasn't there to love. But she was more interested in the chicken strips and fries part. Devi liked food she could pick apart. Wasn't really sure why.

"Alright then! Let's find a seat and see if you'll have to come back for seconds." Crevan had to be joking, three pieces of pizza seemed like a pretty huge meal for anyone. And he was nice and trim, so Devi was doubtful he would pack much away.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 12:23:23 pm »
He turned to see where a proper place to sit down would be. A table that wasn't too crowded but somewhere that they could at least have a bit of privacy. He scanned the cafeteria. They came at a somewhat busy time, it wasn't the busiest. It was the round of candidates who wanted to miss the big lunch rush. He grimaced slightly until he spotted a good one. There it is! He pointed towards it making eye contact with her. He spoke over his shoulder to her as he walked.

"There's not really a trick." He chuckled. "I'll show you when we sit down." He pushed passed people making sure they gave Devi enough space, always conscious of what she was, or at least trying to be. His Ma had taught him to be a gentleman, at least as much as she could. His Dad, Pravat was somewhat different giving him more of the practical things in life and what you could get when you were a gentleman. He shook his head slightly at the memory of his father saying some very interesting things.

He stood at the end of the table he had picked out. He held his hands out towards it presenting it to her like he had made it just for her.

"How's this one?" He would wait till she sat down to sit down, it's just the way he operated it was pretty much second nature he didn't even need to think about it.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 11:43:50 am »
"Awesome." Devi smiled at Crevan before starting to scan the cafeteria for a table as well. She had less luck then her companion in finding a table, but when his find was pointed out to her she gave him a nod. It looked good and Devi wasn't picky.

Having someone try and protect her in a crowd made Devi smile a little. It was sweet if unnecessary. And it was an interesting change of pace. She was much more used to the rough and tumble kids from her gang.

The pink haired girl plopped her tray down and slid onto the bench, "Hmm? It's fine. Sit, sit." Opening her packets of condiments, Devi set out the little cups for easy dipping before she started picking the chicken into small strips to dip and eat, "Now, you were going to teach me a trick with your fingers?" Nothing wrong with a little flirting.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 11:44:59 am »
He lifted and index finger with an quick intake of breath and opened his mouth slightly. He had almost said something unpolite. The movement had come from his sister always cutting him off mid thought when she knew something crude or some sort of insult was heading her way. She always knew what he was going to say, of course they had known each other for a long time.

It was never easy to be him.

He put his hand back down and took a very large bite of pizza then wiped his hands. He took her free hand after he set his pizza down and pushed it so her hand was open. Her skin felt nice against his. He smiled inside his head, pushing the happy feeling towards her gently, since it was too difficult to do so while chewing without looking a complete slob. He pushed down her middle and ring finger and pushed her thumb out.

He swallowed down his pizza and grinned.

"Delicous. But yes see now you're hand looks like a fox. Some would say wolf but I'd disagree." He said the last bit with a little smidge of a snotty air but laughter tinted his voice.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 10:24:25 am »
Devi watched Crevan, slightly puzzled by his action. Well, that attempt at light flirting had utterly failed. Maybe it had been a little too forward? The pink haired girl hadn't thought it was that bad, but then again, she was used to her friends. They were a crude bunch.

The happy feeling the boy sent her way had Devi flushing slightly. She hated blushing. Girls with hair like her's really weren't meant to blush. She didn't really feel like she had enough control of her abilities to try and send anything back, so she settled for a smile.

Once her hand was in the shape, she studied it, "Fox, hmmm? I can see that. It's cute."

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 05:38:47 pm »
He held onto her hand a little longer than necessary while he looked at her. She was very cute, he could stare at her for a long time and not be bored. He could find something new about her face every time he thought he could look away. He blushed and coughed setting her hand down slowly and gently on her side of the table. Pulling his hands back he picked up his pizza taking another bite while he tried to think of something to say.

She was making it hard for him to keep his head. Being around her was disarming his intelligent response system he normally kept at the ready. It was like the little operators had fallen asleep...or more likely caught glimpse of a pretty girl walking by. He swallowed his pizza as he finally thought of something to say.

"Not as cute as you." He rolled his eyes at himself grinning. Humor, girls liked that right? He leaned forward not giving her time to say anything. "So, how's the chicken?"

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 01:09:52 pm »
It probably helped that Devi had one large scar across her face and a few other small ones, mostly invisible unless one looks close. Devi glanced up, her eyes a bright green color now, feeling Crevan's eyes on her face.

She tried to not feel self-conscious about her scar, and most of the time she didn't think much of it. But with Crevan staring, it had Devi ducking her head to concentrate on picking her chicken tenders apart, dunking the strips into ranch sauce.

And then he had her blushing and laughing again, "Oh start! And the chicken is alright. I've had better. I like them when they are all crispy!" She made a face, "I don't get why people like the soft ones. The crunchy crust is the best!"

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 08:02:06 am »
Crevan reached across the table snatching a small piece of the chicken tender on her tray. Her wiggled it between his fingers for a moment then tossed it in his mouth and started chewing it. That wasn't too bad at all pretty tasty.

"To me the breading is the best part!" He chewed a bit longer and swallowed. " And I agree crunchy is way better." A couple more bites and his first piece of pizza was gone. He looked up at her while picking up the second piece. "Do you want a bite? If you promise you don't have girl cooties I'll let you have one."

Why couldn't he stop grinning like an idiot? It was like his face was stuck that way. He was sure he looked...ridiculous . Just ridiculous. Damn Devi and her grin inducing ways. It seemed effortless to her. He shouldn't be all smiley over her. He just met her. Plus once she found out how old he was...she'd probably be gone. Not that he had matured very far in his life. It was hard to when memories moved like sand. New grains falling in when old ones got moved.

He could just see Inali shaking her head, like she always did.

"So what are you doing the rest of the day?" His tone was sort of sad as he held up the second piece a bit towards her.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 11:36:44 am »
"Hey!" Devi playfully tried to snatch her piece back, laughing. She didn't really mind that he had a bit, but it was the principal of the thing, "But yeah. The breading is the best. I wish we had spicy ones here. I miss those."

She peeled another hunk off, dipping it in the sauce before eating it, watching Crevan. He was nice, she liked hanging out with him. And quite good looking. Her eyes slid down his frame, the parts she could see over the table, imagining what he might look like naked. It had been a while since Devi had fooled around.

He was a nice guy though. Which was often a problem. Devi had never really done that relationship thing and the sweet ones tended to be shocked at the idea of friends with benefits. Ah well. She could always hope.

Setting her tender down, Devi reached over and took the pizza slice from him, "I promise I don't have cooties." Taking a bite, Devi made a happy sound. It was pretty good. She helped herself to a second bite before handing the pizza back, licking some sauce off her cheek, "Later today? I have no plans whatsoever. Not go to class is about as far as I have planned today."

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 01:23:02 pm »
"Well that sounds like a fantastic plan all on its own." He paused smiling at her watching her make yummy noises, her tongue sliding out quickly. That made his eye twitch just a fraction. Girls and their tongues sometimes he wondered if they understood what that did to a man. Then sometimes he knew that they knew exactly what it did to a male. Evil temptresses, which was fine with him of course.

He was trying to puzzle over whether he could ask her to do anything else. He was having a good time, she seemed to be enjoying herself. Fuck it! He was an adventurer.

"Maybe we could do something else after we eat?" He motioned to the spread laid out in front of them. He wasn't sure exactly what they would do now but there had to be something worth doing around here. Humans liked watching movies didn't they> He knew that he was a fan. Maybe they could bring one up on the computer or he had some stored somewhere. They could do it in his room, well not it. He blinked at his train of thought. Well they could. After all he was still minus a roommate.

"Maybe a movie?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal