Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The fourth wall, characters who RP, etc.  (Read 497 times)

Anonymous

The fourth wall, characters who RP, etc.
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:08:46 am »
Inspired by the list of wonderfully badly-ripped-off names.

I'm trying to get a bit more active 'round here (great timing, considering my semester here just began and I'm at the end of an all-nighter aaaaand I should really be writing about Frege right now but heeeey).... so I thought I'd just toss in a funny idea I've been thinking about.  Since reading TVTropes.  Yes.  It's an addiction.

We have World of Warlocks, but do we have text-based RP?

I think it would be cool to create an alternate world of text-based RP, perhaps one in which characters play a game based in a world with no magic, a country called Australia, and... so on.  Or something.  Not fourth-wall-breaking, but you know, sly self-reference-y kind of things.  I'll try to work it into some threads.  But you know, do you think it's a good idea?  Any hints on how to do it, if we should give it a name, should there be just one alternate-world board or... you know... what?  Is it a government tool?  Is it a Gospel recruiting post?  I mean, the possibilities.

Oh, and remind me to come up with a Star Wars analogue for this universe.  Anyone?  I need it for a plot point.  As mentioned in my rather epic MSN thingy with Incen, I lack creativity.  Especially after all-nighters.

Cheers, all.  Back to Frege.  This sentence is true.  *blink*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: The fourth wall, characters who RP, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:21 am »
Well it sounds iiinteresting for sure!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:44:29 am »
Reading TV Tropes is a wonderful way to procrastinate... <3

I like the idea.  It could just be for fun - playing a character that's playing a character.  Plenty of opportunities to lampshade forum rps or just try writing something you couldn't see yourself writing.  It could also be more relevant - a way for the Aedolian government to find any potential rebels, a place for Gospels to pick up a minion or two, a way to keep mages in Edanith complacent (maybe as a reward, they get to role-play non-mages, be 'normal').

I lied at the beginning of my second paragraph.  I really love this idea.  Fascinating things could come out of it.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:16:46 am »
Oooo, the idea of mages doing that sounds very interesting. ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal