Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Guess Who Game!  (Read 1497 times)

Offline GoblinFae

Guess Who Game!
« on: October 03, 2018, 12:00:28 pm »
Welcome!

WHAT IS THIS?
This is a new game we are trying out called Guess Who! How it works is a prompt will be given below and then members who are part of the game will log into an identical account aptly named "GuessWho" and post their own versions of it in this thread. After everyone has submitted, the round is closed and in an offline spreadsheet members will guess who posted what on their own tab. At the end everyone will reveal which post was theirs and a new round with a new prompt can begin.

COOL! HOW DO I PLAY?
Please only post using the GuessWho account and only write for the current round in play. Posts should be between 500-1500 words and adhere to original site rules. Participants have two weeks after a prompt has been posted to complete it before the round closes. But, don't worry if you missed this one, you can always join us for another round later. Also at the beginning of each post please also note both the round number and post number for that round your post is.

For example if I was the second person to post my submission for Round 1 I would post the following:
Round 1, Post 2

ALRIGHT, BUT HOW DO I GET INTO THE ACCOUNT?
Message me, GoblinFae, your interest in participating in a round and I will give you the password as well as the link for the excel sheet. Please do NOT change the name of the account or password so that everyone has a chance to play.

GREAT! HOW DO I WIN AND WHAT DO I GET?
The member with the most correct guesses wins the round (no cheating, no telling each other your answers!) The prize for winning is a drawing done by either the fabulous Draco or Neph!

FANTASTIC! NOW IT'S TIME TO SHARE MY ANSWERS WHERE DO I PUT THEM?
A member who has been pre-selected and is not participating in the games will collect all the answers and will help compile them to ensure a fair and fun game for all members. Once everyone has submitted then the key will be posted and the winners announced in the thread below.

I WANT TO GET STARTED, WHICH ROUND ARE WE ON?
You can find the current round as well as previous rounds listed below:
Round 1

Offline GoblinFae

Re: Guess Who Game!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:02:22 pm »
ROUND ONE PROMPT

Since your sister died you’ve heard her voice in your head, then other people begin to mistake you for her.

Deadline to Post By: Wednesday October 10th

GuessWho

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:16:42 pm »
Round 1 Post 1

Dear Diary,       
        I snapped awake, other students snickering at me for sleeping in the middle of lecture again. Mopping up the drool with the sleeve of my sweater, I could only think about what felt like it happened yesterday. Gabby's gone, the little ball of sunshine, the one that woke me up every day with by pouring water on my face, the one that sat with me at breakfast until I was done eating. I can still hear her voice shouting my name. Everyday is a haunting nightmare with her gone now.
        The bell rang, I lazily gathered my belongings and trudged my way to calculus. My sister's voice rang in my head, she called my name a thousand times. I arrived to class 5 minutes early, as usual, somehow a tear managed to escape my eye.

"Hey, you alright?" -my best friend, Reid, attempted to comfort me.

"Yeah, it's just been a bit hard lately."

"I know," he wrapped his giant wrestler arms around me, unknowingly bear hugging me until i nearly fainted. He doesn't know how strong he is, he's been working very hard for his title too, but the thought is all that matters.
        School finished, thankfully the bus ride home was short and sweet. I combed around the house looking for mom. She was in her room again, mourning alongside all of the pictures of Gabby. I couldn't help but go and help comfort her. We wound up reminiscing on old memories for a couple of hours whilst dad was drinking again as a means to cope. I followed suit soon after mom fell asleep, but neither of us could hold back from tears.

For once I didn't want to be the only child.

After passing out on the couch I lazily got up and went through my morning routine. Then mom pops up out of nowhere and starts to comb my hair? She only used to do this for Gabby, but I guess it was just a coping mechanism so I just rolled with it. When I left for school, Dad kissed me on the forehead before heading I got on the bus. I was so confused, but the day only kept getting weirder from then on.
        Arriving at school, I was put into all of Gabby's classes, her friends started talking to me and wondering why I was ignoring them. Reid was even hitting on me and that's when it came full stop.

"Bro what in the world are you doing? Do I look different to you or something? What the hell is going on?"

"Bro? Uhhh, Gabby are you alright there?"

"Gabby? What in the fuck are you talking about?"

"I'm just gonna leave you be Gab, catch ya later!"

What in the world is going on?

I kept asking around for information but no results other than: "Gabby you're being really weird" kept coming up. I decided to wait until I got home to look for more answers. Later that night I walked into the bathroom and couldn't comprehend what I was looking at.

I-I-I-I turned into my sister?

The shock only lasted for so long until a stabbing feeling dug deep into my back. I woke up to see my sister beside me.

Twas all a dream.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:26:20 am by GuessWho »

GuessWho

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:14 am »
Round 1
Post 2

I lifted my hand, much like a marionette might when the puppeteer pulled on its string, and rested my palm against the fogged bathroom mirror. The glass was both warm and cool on my skin, the moisture beading under my hand and dripping down, creating tiny snail trails in the condensation directly beneath my wrist. Yet I didn’t move my hand, didn’t slide it one way or another, didn’t remove it. It was just there, as if it were stuck on the glass, as if it had a mind of its own.

You’re so silly. If you don’t look, you’ll never know, now will you?

My sister’s voice echoed in my mind, along with her gay laughter that trilled like the call of a songbird. I knew the sound intimately, because that was how she always laughed. Whether she’d laughed for real or laughed out of meanness or laughed out of spite or laughed out of fake mirth, she’d always laughed like a songbird, just a high-pitched hee-hee-hee-hee.

I closed my eyes and squeezed them until all I could see were bright spots and blackness. I felt my fingers curl against the glass of the mirror, and under my other hand, the soft material of the towel I was wrapped up in bunching in my fist. I inhaled through my nose and let the breath out through my mouth. It was a calming tactic I’d forced myself to learn the day I woke up and discovered that my sister had died. Every time I began to feel anxious or overwhelmed, I would just breathe, and a sense of utter calm would come over me, as if my sister’s ghost was trying to tell me everything was going to be just fine.

But everything wasn’t “fine”.

Since she was gone, nothing seemed to be “fine” anymore, no matter how hard I tried to live my life with some sense of normalcy.

You were never normal, you know that. Ever since we were kids, things were never normal with you. Things were never normal with us.

She was right, in a fashion. When my sister and I were growing up, I could hardly sleep because I kept having nightmares. Nightmares that I couldn’t remember, but somehow were important all the same. All I knew was that they were scary and, for a kid my age, traumatic. I remembered bits and pieces - pools of blood, shards of bone, the sound of screams and crying - but I couldn’t remember anything else. I hadn’t had them in a long time once I got older and got my own place away from my sister, but, lately, it seemed as if with the advent of my sister’s death, those nightmares seemed to be coming back with a vengeance.

A vengeance borne of your own guilty mind, maybe? My sister asked, her voice now no longer mirthful but serious. I mean, that’s why you keep talking to me, right? Feeling guilty?

“Feeling guilty?” I replied, my own voice rough with disuse. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d spoken, and it felt as if my mouth and tongue were being manipulated by someone else’s hands. “What do I have to feel guilty for? You were the one who put us in that situation.”

Was I? The mirth returned, but this time it had a bite to it. Are you sure?

I ignored her and squeezed my eyes shut even more until I was sure I would pop my own eyeballs under the pressure I was putting on them.

Oh, come on now. Don’t ignore me! I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to make you upset. Come on, why don’t we finish up in here and go put on something nice and go out?

“I don’t want to go out.” I whispered. “I can’t go out.”

Sure you can!

I clenched my teeth then, tight enough that my jaw was beginning to hurt. How could I tell her I couldn’t go out? It had been a few weeks after she’d died that it had started, that one of our mutual friends had come up to me and threw her arms around me in a tight hug. It startled me because I didn’t like to be touched by other people - that had been my sister’s thing. She loved hugs and touching, and hugged strangers like she couldn’t get enough of physical touch. I, on the other hand, fist-bumped because I didn’t want to touch others’ hands, and I didn’t like hugs, and I didn’t like people touching me. But here she was, hugging me tight. Like she would my sister.

And that wasn’t the only incident.

I’d run into my sister’s fiancee - well, ex-fiancee - on my way out to work, and his face had lit up so bright and happy. He’d run right over to me, grabbed me, and kissed me so deep and so hard that my lips had bruises on them when he pulled away. I could barely remember what he’d said, but he’d pushed my sister’s ring onto my finger. I’d escaped and avoided him since then, but he was still blowing up my phone and leaving presents at my door.

Our parents looked at me with absolute rapture on their faces, as if God really did exist, and had begun asking me where I was, as if they couldn’t see me standing right in front of them.

People whom my sister had known, but that I didn’t, had begun talking to me as if I was her, and I no longer existed.

I’d quit my job. I’d quit answering my phone. I’d quit social media. I could escape them, but I couldn’t escape her.

Oh, my darling, my sister said, her voice sad and contrite. You knew what you were getting into when you did it. Don’t you remember? She laughed again, her bird-call laugh trilling through my head. Besides, it isn’t that bad. You’re still you, aren’t you?

“Shut up and leave me alone.” I growled.

She laughed harder.

My eyes opened against their will, no longer seeing pitch blackness and colored spots, but the bathroom mirror covered in condensation, the vanity, the marble of the sink and the silver of the faucet, the little cup that held my toothbrushes, and the other little knick-knacks and doodads I’d left on the countertop.

...Why did I have a second toothbrush?

...Where did that make-up come from? I didn’t wear that brand.

...What wasn’t I seeing?

Come on. My sister said, still giggling. Nothing’s changed. Nothing’s any different from before. Except that before, I could do as I wanted and you’d just clean up after me, because you loved me and wanted to protect me. Because, before, you knew what caused of the blood and the tears and your nightmares, right? And now...

My hand, which had been on the mirror the entire time, moved of its own accord, smearing away the condensation and leaving a streak of water superimposed over the reflection in the mirror. It distorted the image, made it seem unreal and impossible, and I knew I couldn’t be seeing what I was seeing.

“Can’t you now?” My sister’s voice was loud to my own ears, and the cadence and lilt made my heart pick up and beat rapidly. I tried to start my calming breathing routine, but I found I couldn’t even draw breath into my own lungs. “Do you see what I see, said the night wind to the little lamb? Do you see what I see?”

I stared, unable to speak or move. No. No. NO!

My left eye winked against my will, and my lips twisted up into a smile so evil and so cruel that even I couldn’t have possibly done even if I tried. My hand left the mirror and touched my face, as if it were a stranger’s hand touching a stranger’s face.

“They see. They all see.” My sister crooned in a sing-song tone. “You’re the only one who was blind.” She patted my cheek - her cheek - like she used to when we were kids, then blew the reflection in the mirror a narcissistic kiss. The sound of it in my ears was like a blow to the head and I felt myself falling away.

Her bird-trill laugh chased me all the way into darkness.

GuessWho

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 02:22:47 pm »
Round 1, Post 3

It started on a Tuesday. You'd have thought it would have happened on a Monday or a Friday, maybe even a Sunday. But no, it started on a regular, boring Tuesday. So let me set the scene for you: I was at work in an absolutely mind-numbing meeting about the new ad campaign. Everyone was patting themselves on the back, congratulating Ted on generating the most revenue with his sales pitch, and getting hyped up on another otherwise mundane life experience while my skull was pulsing harder than the 4th of July.

I'm sitting there thinking, yeah okay Karen, no one gives a shit about your brand new baby and how wonderful your husband is. We all know you're fucking Paul from accounting. And Todd your "business expense" allowance really doesn't need to be upped. You just need to not be so much of a lush. Yes, Jillian, your new zero calorie diet really is the shit. And it will probably kill you not that you'll last long before you're onto the next health fad.

My thoughts would have probably continued in such a tirade. I really do hate this job and my coworkers. But then, Hannah giggled. For a moment, I think I might have actually smiled even. God I miss her. It's hard to believe sometimes that she's dead. I mean as much as I hate the damn phrase I just always assumed "from womb to tomb" and she just beat me to it I guess.

Ever since she died that little voice in my head became hers. "Jonah pick up your shoes. Jonah lock the door. Jonah...Jonah...Jon ah.” She used to rag on me something fierce when we were kids. Now, I regret hating her for it. The whisper of her memory was a comfort to me. That giggle sounded so real in my head too. The knee jerk reaction to suddenly look up and around had long since been buried but it had not stopped the memory from seeming so real.

My headache only seemed to be getting worse too. I remember closing my eyes for a moment. But, when I opened them again I was laying on the floor with everyone leaning over me, looking extremely concerned. For a moment I even thought I heard them calling for Hannah, but it was just Karen trying to get my attention. My chest hurt and my nose had started to bleed; I was a mess! It was no wonder they had all insisted that I got to the hospital.

I opted out and instead went straight home. The whole walk to the train, Hannah was in my head with her moanings and groanings. I did my best to drown her out, too tired to deal with her in light of my more pressing exhaustion and ailments. I was lucky that it was the middle of the day on a Tuesday to be heading home from the big city. Most people were still too busy coming in in droves to fill the outbound cars yet.

I had grabbed the first available seat and was just settling in for the long ride home when someone sat next to me. “Hey!” I heard her say in that tone of shock and familiarity that comes from running into that high school friend you thought you'd never see again or that buddy who fell off the face of the Earth. "It's Cally!” she declared, pressing a manicured hand to her chest as if that would suddenly make me recognize her. I could only smile and nod enthusiastically without having any idea who the bubbly blonde was.

How are you? Oh my god I can't believe this! After all this time too! Oh god it's so good to see you! Mark and I are celebrating our third anniversary! Can you believe it? You were totally right like seriously I can't believe it. He was so cheating but we are so over that now and we're going to have a baby!”

He's still cheating on her and she's too dumb to realize. The baby is a last ditch effort to make him stay. Give it a year and she'll be knocked up and alone.

It was hard not to snort at Hannah’s voice finally drowning out the bubbly blonde's chirping. She always had a way of cutting to the wick and knowing things others failed to see. Sometimes even now I wonder how she couldn't foresee the outcomes of the event that would eventually take her own life. I guess it's a lot easier to be on the outside looking in on the chaotic snowglobe than to be caught up in the storm yourself.

“...anyway this is my stop! It's been so great to see you, Hannah! We have to have you over for dinner some time. Give me a call, yeah?”

She had taken off in such a whirlwind that the fact she had called me Hannah hadn't even registered until I got home. By then though the pain was excruciating. It felt like having a jackhammer drilled through my ribcage and all the bones were bending and rattling without shattering. Last thing I remember was missing the couch and passing flat-out on the floor, the ceiling melting overhead until blissful darkness overtook me.

When I next came to, I could only describe it as feeling like I was waking from the dead. My body felt hollow as if made of wood and my thoughts were fuzzier than a fleece blanket. I couldn't say for certain how long it took to peel myself off the floor but, it certainly wasn't easy. I felt worse than any college hangover had ever made me feel. I remember my tongue feeling heavy and thick in my mouth and tasting like dirty socks. Hannah was quiet for once and I was grateful to not have her nattering in my head for once.

I stumbled in a dazed stupor to the bathroom, stubbing my toes twice along the way and cussing up a storm before finally making it to my destination. A cold sweat had coated my brow and ran down my back in sticky trickles as my hands clutched the cool porcelain of the sink in earnest. I had grown feverish in those moments and when my head lolled to the side and caught sight of a figure in the corner of my vision, my grip on the sink suddenly faltered and I went sprawling in shock.

A woman's voice, shrill and absolutely terrified broke the silence. The sound grated on my nerves and hurt my ears so much that I just wanted to yell at her to shut the fuck up already. I clapped my hands over my ears in hopes of drowning it out but it was if the sound was coming from inside my head instead. My throat felt raw, yet still the woman would not stop screaming and I could not manage to work my mouth to tell her to stop.

Movement caught my attention and I was faced once more with the figure from the corner of my eye. This time she was crouched just as I was, hands clasped over her ears, and maw open in a scream. I reached for her, unsure if it was to help her or smother her only to freeze in cold disbelief as my reflection reached back for me. That's when I realized the truth.

For you see, it started on a Tuesday. You'd have thought it would have happened on a Monday or a Friday, maybe even a Sunday. But no, it started on a regular, boring Tuesday. My name is Hannah, and my brother Jonah is dead.

GuessWho

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:40 am »
round 1 post 4

“—just that we need to sign on for housing by then, or we’re screwed. Gina, did you apply yet?”

The name hit like a shot from a BB gun, small and nonfatal, but packed full of a harsh sting right to center mass.

“Gina?”

“That’s not my name,” I said, not for the first time in my life.

It came with the territory of being twins, I guess. It came even more with the territory of being twins with rhyming names, because of course our parents would be that kind of sadistic.

“Oh. Right. Sorry,” Jill said, worrying at her bottom lip, her pale cheeks sprouting into flames as she firmly avoided eye contact. “It was just, you know, and I never got to learn who was who, so it was just really confusing and I’m really sorry. Please don’t be mad.”

“I’m not mad,” I said, like it wasn’t a lie, “I’m just not Gina.”

“Right. Sorry. Sorry. Um, so, did you remember to apply for the suite?”

“Yeah, I did that a couple days ago,” I said, already turning back to my phone and flicking up, running through my Instagram feed and liking each one in a manic flurry. I’d only just gotten my own account, and the quicker I could switch over from our shared “sheeshgina” the better.

It wasn’t even as if Gina had done anything for the account. She’d pose and debate filters and yell about her nose looking too wide. A nose that we both shared. But her name was there, in full, and mine was just a ‘cute, quirky’ word that was almost my name. Gina’d said it was no big deal, no matter how much I’d said it WAS.

Maybe that was why Jill could remember her name instead of mine. Either way, she left the living room as quick as she could, either because she thought I was still mad at her (I really wasn’t, but try telling that to someone who thought everyone was always mad at her) or because it was just that awkward. It had been awkward ever since it happened. None of my four other roommates could just accept the fact I was fine and didn’t want to talk about it.

After so many interviews, after so many questionings, after so many times of being pulled aside by professors, by friends and classmates, all of them going through the same words like they’d all been reading off a script.

”I know this is hard, and I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s okay if you need to take time off. I’m here if you ever want to talk.”

But I didn’t. I didn’t want to talk, and because I didn’t want to talk, Jill went to the others in her quiet ‘I’m being supportive’ whispery way, which resulted in decidedly forced “heyyy, how are you, we were just going to go to the dining hall…”s. Which, let me tell you, makes for one hell of a lack of an appetite.

Still. It was better than sticking around in the living room all day, and getting an endless parade of roommates tiptoeing back and forth and forcing themselves to wave at the girl whose twin sister had been murdered.

And you’d know all about that, wouldn’t you?

I bit down hard on my lip to keep from reacting. To keep from jerking and looking around the room like some kind of crazy person, to keep from saying anything out loud. She’d go away soon enough, this ‘telltale heart’ bullshit buried under more important things. Like getting this Instagram account in order. And maybe a cheeseburger.

Grabbing my keys and ID, I left for the dining hall. It wasn’t far off, but in the brisk chill of October it was just far away enough to really regret not having a jacket on. Other students were going back and forth, some heading for the bus stop to wait the half an hour for the weekend loop. I never understood why people did it.

The one thing you and I have in common, Gina piped up, snide and passive as ever.

“Anymore.” I muttered, quiet enough to where none of the other students passing by could hear through their earbuds. The dining hall was blessedly warm compared to outside, and also blessedly empty. Most people drove home for the weekends to avoid having to pay five dollars in quarters just to do their laundry, so I had my pick of tables. And no line for the cheeseburgers like there was on any other given day.

“Gina!”

Well, there went my appetite. Trying not to look as pissed as I felt, I turned to see none other than Ryan Shook waving from a few tables over. Normally, I’d be excited to see him, and even more excited that he was getting all his stuff to move over to share my table.

But he doesn’t want to share the table with you, does he?

“Shut up,” I mumbled, before fixing my best smile in place and tucking my hair behind my ear. “Hey. Ryan.”

“Stuck studying for midterms, too, huh?”

“Nah. All my classes are more essays and papers.”

For a second, Ryan looked confused, “Orgo is next week though, isn’t it?”

HAH!

I swallowed around the ball in my throat and pushed my smile a little brighter, looking down at the tray on the table and the cheeseburger I’d most likely end up just throwing in the trash.

“No, that was… Gina was pre-med.”

“Oh. Oh. Oh, shit, I’m sorry, I thought...”

He thought it was the other way around. You dead and me alive. All that work, and you’re still invisible, aren’t you?

“It’s fine.” I said, a little too loudly. Ryan looked a little like he regretted coming over in the first place, and that just made my stomach feel worse. “I know it’s... identical twins. You know.”

“I thought maybe you weren’t in class because of the whole... shit. Sorry.”

“I said it’s fine, really.”

“Okay. Well, uh, I should get back to studying. This thing’s gonna kick my ass otherwise,” he gave an exaggerated grimace, and before I could so much as protest off he went again, leaving me alone at the table with a cold cheeseburger and the considerable desire to scream.

Look on the bright side, Gina said in her usual perky, bubbly way, at least no one has to kill you to make you disappear.

Her laughter followed me all the way out the dining hall doors.

GuessWho

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:18 pm »
round 1
post 5

"Clair."   

I frowned at my reflection, eyes bright with a healthy glow to my face. I was dressed up enough to look like I was going to some sort of official function but all I was doing was going to dinner with my parents. Tonight was just the usual fanfare, going to a fancy restaurant for a celebration, though this one was a little unusual I suppose. Celebrating birthdays was a relatively normal thing, but to help with coping with my sisters death we had a sort of death day celebration. Not that we were celebrating it, just that we celebrated her life or something. I never thought too much about it.

Thirteen years ago today, my sister died.

We got along like normal siblings did. We fought about stupid shit and had our individual temper tantrums about 'not actually touching her, so I can't get into trouble for touching her.' I remember crying because Risa would hover her hand over my arm and I'd yell at her to stop touching me but, alas, she wasn't touching me. Risa would also steal my socks when we were in Freshmen in High School and throw her dirty ones in my laundry basket. Well, jokes on her, isn't it? She'll never get to wear socks again except the ones she was buried in.

"Clair."

I glanced at my reflection on the way outside of my house, making sure to examine my face. I'd never gone to a doctor about it but after Risa died I started to hear her voice say my name. Sometimes I'd see a white room too with people in white gowns, but only flashes of it. I guess that was heaven and my sister was trying to communicate with me or something? Either way it looked pretty boring and I just was not interested in communicating with her.

Who wanted to talk to dead people? If I went to a doctor now and said 'My dead sister is talking to me,' no doubt I'd get thrown into a loony bin or medicated to the point of drooling. I was going to get married soon, I had an amazing career and I only had to think about my stupid sister once a year. To add insult to injury - surely Risa was watching the world through my eyes - I winked at my reflection and made sure to fix my hair before I heard the honk of the car and I made my way out to it. I climbed in gracefully, tossing my hair over my shoulder before sitting back and sighing, excited for the meal tonight with my parents.

"Risa, we've been waiting a half-hour," My father said impatiently dressed in a suit, his hair impeccable, sitting in the drivers seat of the car.  My mother sat motionlessly in the front seat, only glancing back slightly before looking forward again. She'd never been the same after Risa died.

"I'm Clair, Dad." I replied, my heart started to pick up and I couldn't quite close my mouth because I know if I did I wouldn't be able to breathe.

"Risa!" he shouted at me in the car, "Clair's been dead for thirteen years!" He looked frustrated, at wits end. Like he had had enough of this crap and it was just a bother.  "Why can't you ever just be... Normal when we come to visit you?" Voice so tired. Face so tired. He aged in front of my eyes just like the world did and I gasped as the interior of the car turned into a dark room with a guard in the corner. My hands were in cuffs and I was stuck to the table.

"What's going on?" I gasped, hot tears in my eyes.

"We're trying to visit you, Risa," My father said impatiently like I was supposed to know that. "I'm Clair," I cried, frustrated. I was Clair. I was Clair. I was Clair.  He sighed heavily and pressed his hands to his face before sitting back, glancing towards my mother who... Oh god. She was hideous. Her face looked... Melted. Like there had been a fire and... I looked down at my hands and they were scarred too.

I was Clair. "Risa, we're trying to talk to you."

I was Clair. "Risa! I am trying to talk to you."

I was beautiful and successful and I had a handsome boyfriend and Risa was short and fat and ugly and had no friends and no prospects and didn't deserve to live I was clair i was clair iwasclair.

"I'm Clair! I'm Clair! Why won't you believe me" I screamed, jerking my hands at the table, desperately trying to go back to my house and my reflection. Behind my parents was a mirror. One of those interrogation mirrors that was one sided or... Double sided or something and... Oh god, I was hideous, too. My face was scarred and... I remembered.

I murdered Clair. And then I burned the house down with my mom home and my dad was at work and... Oh god. My breath was coming out in pants and I knew I was hyperventilating and... I did it. I remembered. I cut that bitches face up beyond recognition and then I did the same to mine and... I was Clair.

"Risa!" It was my father again. My mom just sitting there because I was her daughter and she still loved me but she'd always loved Clair more.

"Clair."    

I frowned at my reflection, eyes bright with a healthy glow to my face. I was dressed up enough to look like I was going to some sort of official function but all I was doing was going to dinner with my parents.

GuessWho

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 11:46:19 pm »
Round 1, Post 6

Dearest Beloved,

I missed you today. You didn’t greet me in the morning like you usually do. I didn’t think anything of it because I know you probably have a lot on your mind. I remember when you used to jump on me when I was sleeping, woke me right up and tried to tickle me. My favorite was how you laughed when I blew raspberries back against your cheek. Giggled like a little imp. You were gone for a while, and I wondered where you went, how long you’d be away. I wasn’t scared though, because I knew you’d be back. You’d never leave me by my lonesome, Beloved.

The first time you came back to me, Papa didn’t believe me. He didn’t like it when I told him, and smacked me on my face. He said that talking crazy-like was bad, and bad girls were taken away and punished. No one likes a bad girl. I cried in my room until you helped me feel better. Just like you used to. Mummy wasn’t very happy when I mentioned it either and I felt bad when I saw her cry into her hands and curl up on the bed.

Was I a bad girl? I still don’t know. Maybe they’re just not ready to know yet. That’s okay, I can give them time. And that will give me a chance to keep you to myself a little longer, Beloved. I knew you wouldn’t be gone for long anyways. Not even when the policemen came and told Papa of the car accident. It was on the news too, but I don’t like to watch those since it’s all the same stuff. You told me it wasn’t real, and I know you wouldn’t lie to me.

Still, I miss you though. You didn’t talk to me this morning. I guess I can’t be too disappointed, you probably still have a lot on your mind. That’s okay though because I’m always here. And you know where to find me even if I’m not at home. School is just a few blocks away too, so I don’t mind so much. You’re always there for me when I need you, so it’s okay if you need some time to yourself too. Mummy and Papa don’t talk much though, and it makes me sad.

If they believed me when I told them you weren’t really gone, they wouldn’t be sad anymore. But they’re not ready. I can’t lie to you though. Because for a while I got real scared. Not like when I told you about the monsters under my bed. I thought you couldn’t live without you and there were so many things I wanted to tell you that I thought I never could. Don’t ever leave me again. Please? I want you to promise me that one thing. Please, it would mean so much to me.

Anyway, I remember what you said last night and thought about it. I think it’s ok. I want to make sure of it without jumping to conclusions. You were always so careful about stuff and I get so excited about things. “That tempers with age,” you always used to say. And that we don’t always get second chances, so maybe taking your time with stuff is better, in case you mess up, so you don’t regret it later. Well, some of us don’t get second chances. Some of use deserve them. I always thought that was balogna anyway that people don’t get them. (<— Haha, I spelled it right).

So it’s okay Beloved, I love you. I know you wouldn’t lie to me. I stood in front of the mirror like you said, for a long long time, shut my eyes real tight like you said and I felt as light as air. I think I’m going to miss our conversations the most, but Mummy and Papa will be happy to have you back, Beloved. They need you more than they need me right now. You were right all along, you’re so smart. You can get your second chance now.

I gave Papa and Mummy hugs and kisses last night. I told them I loved them before night time prayers too. And when I go to sleep, you’ll be back.  I love you, Beloved.

Love,
Your Honey Bee

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 05:16:40 pm »
ROUND 1 KEY

Post Number
Participant
Number Correct
Xcavus
1/6
Paladienne
6/6
GoblinFae
6/6
Nephero
2/6
Draconian
4/6
Lion
3/6

WINNERS: GoblinFae and Paladienne!

Stay tuned for a new prompt with Round 2!!!

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 03:34:30 pm »
ROUND TWO PROMPT

"It all began the day I found myself on my knees cleaning out a dead man’s fridge."
~Thank You Last Round's Winner, Paladienne, For This Prompt~

Deadline to Post By: Saturday November 3rd

This Round's Participants:
Draconian
Gir
GoblinFae
Lion
nephero
Paladienne
Viscount Rhi-Rhi
Xcavus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal