Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Wheel Turns.  (Read 340 times)

Anonymous

The Wheel Turns.
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:31:55 pm »
Blah....Couldn't get my thoughts together on this...please forgive random hopping around. ;.;

Now, on with the important stuff.

Some of you may know this, others may not.

Yesterday, at approximately 2:45 EST, James Oliver Rigney Jr., known to many as Robert Jordan, passed away from complications from primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (cardiac amyloidosis).

When I first picked up The Eye of the World a scant few years ago, I flew through the series as only an avid fantasy reader with too much time on his hands can, reveling in the adventures of Rand, Perrin, Mat and all the rest. No book, let alone series, had captivated my imagination like the world Jordan had created, and I mourn the loss of his creative mind and talent. Yet I cannot help thinking, what better legacy could he have left behind?

According to his blog,  Jordan had told the rest of Memory of Light to his family and put all he could into a word processor and audio tapes. So, to those awaiting the release of MoT, do not worry. Jordan's epic legacy will not go unfinished.

"May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home."[/b]
-The Wheel of Time Series, by Robert Jordan (October 17, 1948 - September 16, 2007)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal