Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Whats the worst that could happen(Open)  (Read 966 times)

Anonymous

Whats the worst that could happen(Open)
« on: September 04, 2008, 10:31:51 am »
It had been a few days since Seth was forced into the pilot program. He stayed mostly to himself. Thus he became somwhat of a enigma to the other young candidates. Seth was the quiet guy always away from everyone. Always silent and observing. Seth was pleased with the training setting he was in. He not only did well, but excelled in the military training he was already familiar with. The classroom setting proved to be his worst enemy. Seth was struggling to even get passible grades.

Not long ago Seth recieved a mysterious package from a unknown sender. The only clues to its sender was a strange note saying. "I think this will do better then the outdated prosthetic you have. Use it well little one" In the package was a updated cybernetic arm. But its hand looked very much like a dragons claw. Confused to the generous and obviously expensive gift Seth was a little sceptical of using it. But free things were hard to come by. So Granby wore it.

Last night he snuck out to go drinking with his friends from his old unit. Seth found there company far more enjoyable then that of the young pups he now found himself surrounded by. Unfortunatly for him today was a science test and he failed in studying for it.

Seth sat on a stool in his classroom staring at all the vials of chemicals in front of him. The instructor had explained the conditions and standards. But it all sounded like a foreign language to him. Seth put on his safety glasses and reached over with his good hand to pick up a vial with red fluid in it. With his new cybernetic arm he picked up another vial in his claw with green liquid in it. Seth looked at the vials back and forth like it was the toughest choice in the world.

The older instructor walked from student to student looking over there shoulders. At last he came to Seth. "Is there a problem candidate Granby?" Seth gave a confident smile though he was far from confident at the moment. "No sir" The teacher raised a eyebrow scheptically. "Carry on then, you have 25 more minutes"

With that the teacher walked over to the next student. At last Seth shrugged and said. "Aw screw it. Whats the worst that could happen?" He poured both of the vials contents into a large glass container. As soon as the two chemicals mixed together there was a loud explosion that knocked Seth off his stool onto his back. His hair emited a little bit of smoke and was clearly singed. Seth just stared at the ceiling unmoving.

The teacher sighed to walk over and stand over Seth looking down at him with his hands glasped behind his back. "Congradulations candidate, Not only did you embarrase yourself you failed todays test. What do you have to say for youself?" Seth just said sofly. Science blows...." He sat up and slammed his cybernetic claw into the floor making a nice sized crater.

"I dont see the point in all these classes. What does any of it have to do with being a pilot anyway. Its just a waste of time"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Whats the worst that could happen(Open)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:15:47 am »
Demya glared at her concoction and scowled; it was the wrong colour. It was meant to be green but hers was a snotty shade of khaki. The colour was worse than that of the stupid jacket she had to wear. Puke grey, why did the military have to choose the most disgusting colours for it's uniform.

The reason she had made a mistake this time was because while the teacher had been yabberring on about some stupid mixture, she had been thinking about that stupid jerk of a pathetic pilot: Mara. Who did he think he was, leaving her feather on a door like that? He was a coward, that's what. The worse thing is that he would forget her in 300 years and she'd be stuck rememberring the jerk and how he'd claimed she hated her sister. At the thought of when they last spoke, vines started curling about her claws and dugs into her skin. It didn't hurt or break the skin, she was used to it by now.

When the teacher came over she woke from her broodings. She looked at the teacher's back while he spoke to one of the other students next to her then turned back to her own beaker. Ugly colour, it's worse than Mara's hair! In truth she liked his hair but she wouldn't admit that, especially in the middle of a class full of untrained psychics. They could probably hear her thoughts anyway, nosey teenagers.

Demya jumped and fluffed out her wings at the sound of an explosion. Luckily, it had missed her and she snickered loudly. 'What are you colourblind or something? You were meant to pour the red one in to turn it green.'

The teacher turned his attention to her, 'your own work is far from exemplory; you're barely even passing. And what have I told you about growing plants in my classroom?'

Demya scowled and resisted the urge to call him rude words in old languages. She was trying to be good, she wouldn't let anyone stop her from getting through her candidacy, even if they were rude, cowardly and possibly a whole lot more stuff that she couldn't think of right now. Stupid jerk. How dare he just leave the feather on her door? Did he think so little of her that he couldn't even bother to tell her to her face what he thought of her? He was worse than any human.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:58:44 am »
Seth was so frustrated with what was going on he did not hear what the inhuman candidate next to him said. Mostly because he was not fond of none humans. Seth just tended to ignore them.

He stood up to set his stool right and sat down again to tap his cybernetic claws against the tabletop. "There is no point to all this crap" He muttered. "All you fools just keep on mixing your stupid chemicals. Just see how that helps you in a firefight" The teacher sighed to dump a pile of books in front of Seth. "Stop talking under your breath and do what you neglected to do last night cadet. Study"

Seth scowled to just give in and open up a book to start reading it lazily. Boredom quickly took hold and Seth resorted to looking around at all the other cadets. The one next to him that he had been ignoring caught his interest. "it" as he thought of the creature was of a race he had never seen or even heard of. He assumed it was a she as she definitely held female attributes. Now having grown bored of the creature. Seth went back to reading his science book.

The teacher went up to his desk to pick up a PDA and type into it. "Candidate Granby, since you are struggling so much in this class I'm assigning you a study partner. Candidate Demya." Seth raised a eyebrow. "And who the hells is that?" Seth followed his teachers view to the strange creature next to him. He was not thrilled to say the least. But he had dealt with worse.

Seth in turn pulled out his PDA to put the name down in his schedule list. Checking out what class was next Seth was pleased to see he had a class in the holographic simulation room. He wondered what scenario they would have him go through this time.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:57:26 pm »
[OOC If you don't want me posting here PM me and I'll delete the post o.O]

School work and tests were tricky, especially for Vyomini since the last time she had been in a classroom was 5 years ago when she was only 9 and she barely remembered anything she had learnt. She might have been able to handle the classes better if she didn’t have the whole experience of scary pilots and being forced into military training as well.

However she was a fast learner unlike some of the candidates. One particular one, an older male candidate apparently named Seth Granby seemed to be faring worse. Maybe it was true you couldn’t teach an old dog new tricks, still he wasn’t as old as some of the pilots.

Demya on the other hand was a lot older and still wasn’t managing to mix the chemicals right. This was most likely due to the very audible rant going on in the harpy’s mind. Not only was she not masking her thoughts she was actually projecting them, probably unintentionally but still, a room full of people could have her anger at Mara and the silver haired girl was sat right beside her. Normally Vyomini would have mentioned something to Demya but it seemed Mara reading her mind had been the cause of her rage and was then exacerbated by Mara returning the harpy’s feather. So telling the harpy she knew what she was thinking seemed to be a bad idea.

Vyomini turned to her own concoction and frowned at it. It seemed a little bright. It was green like it was supposed to be, but a bright emerald green when it should be more grass coloured. Well at least it hadn’t exploded…

Because of their lack of talent for mixing chemicals the teacher then assigned Demya to Seth as a study partner. That sounded like a disaster waiting to happen especially with Seth’s apparent stubbornness and Demya’s lack of concentration. Maybe she could help or at least act a mediator. Though Seth might not want to be helped by a fourteen year old girl. Still, there was no harm in asking.

“Um…I could help you if you’d prefer. Demya can be a little…short tempered…I completely understand if you don’t though…I’m Vyomini by the way.”

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 02:35:15 pm »
"God I need a smoke" Seth thought. True to what that pilot Kat said to him in the past. Getting them was proving hard. But he had his ways. There was a supplier. But the cost for a smuggled pack cost a pretty penny. Seth turned his head lazily when he heard a soft timid voice. It came from Silver haired little girl with blue eyes. The first thing he wondered was how this Vyomini was going to pass training. She looked about a buck ten. And that would probably be sopping wet.

Seth nodded his head to her in courtesy. "Nice to meet ya kid. The names Granby." He had to swallow his pride for the next answer he gave. "Well considering how horrible I'm doing. I could use the help." He could already see random cadets he did not know shooting off there mouths later for him being tutored by a kid. The dilema he faced now was wether to not give a crap what they say and ignore it. Or slap the taste out there mouths.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:26:59 pm »
Demya grumbled again and fluffed her feathers slightly. She looked up from the ugly mixture and saw the explosion-guy looking at her. 'What are you staring at? Never seen a harpy? she snapped. She frowned and thought about what she said, 'I suppose you haven't and if you had it would have been my sister.'

If he had seen her sister, that would be exciting. She wouldn't leave the program for her but she would definitely try to make contact. It was dubious that her sister would ever want to make contact though. Some scars never healed.

Demya flipped through her book to the mixture they were meant to be making. It looked simple enough and she was sure she'd done it right. Why wasn't it the right colour? Perhaps she needed a little more of the red stuff. She added a couple of drops but nothing happened. This was frustrating! She could understand why she needed to do most of the other subjects, but not science.

I need to pass this stupid subject, she thought crankily. She was almost temped to ask the teacher for help but she bit her lip and held it back. Vyomini seemed to be doing better in this class and they were in the same dorm anyway. Perhaps there was something Demya could do in return, like help with history. She brushed very lightly against the outside of the girl's mind, only enough to alert Vyomini to her presence but not enough to read anything.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 10:22:23 am »
Vyomini was a little unnerved by the way the older candidate was looking at her. Like he was appraising her. However he nodded and spoke politely to her. By the fact he was talking to her rather than telepathy suggested to her that either he couldn’t communicate via thought like Phenyo couldn’t or he simply hadn’t realised she wasn’t speaking vocally. If that was the case it meant he was very bad at detecting psychic activity or her telepathy had gotten better. Maybe she’d be lucky and it was the latter.

“Nice to meet you Granby….I dorm with Demya so it shouldn’t be too out of your way.”

Vyomini found it kind of strange that he preferred to be addressed by his surname. The other candidates favoured their first name, maybe because they were teenagers. Demya was the exception but she didn’t seem to have a surname anyway.

As he had been speaking, Vyomini had picked up some of his thoughts which were mostly about beating people up if they mocked him for being taught by a kid. Maybe it would be a good idea if she didn’t piss him off. Not that she would.

Then feeling Demya’s presence brush across her mind she turned to the harpy who was currently flipping through her text book obviously trying to correct her mixture. Maybe she wanted Vyomini’s help as well. The silver haired girl wasn’t sure about correcting mistakes, though. She had gotten it to a green with only one attempt….Well maybe she might be able to do something…

“Um…try adding a little more red and a couple drops more of green.”

Hopefully it would work and if it didn’t hopefully it wouldn’t explode like Granby’s had.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:27:29 pm »
Seth kept reading his study guide and replied verbally again to what the little girl said. "That sounds convenient. Oh, and in case your wondering why I speak with you verbally instead of mentally I don't like doing it unless absolutely necessary. Its... unnatural" His mind started to wander off as he read. But this time Seth remembered to keep his thoughts to himself and created a mental wall.

The teacher in the lab coat sat down at his desk to announce mentally. "Five more minutes"  Granby looked around to see half the class was not even finished yet. Man they were sucking. Not so bad as he had. But sucking still. Seth closed the book and grumbled to reopen it after the teacher said he still had five more minutes of reading.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 08:31:38 pm »
OOC: oh shoot, I didn't realise it was my turn. Sorry.

Demya sighed. She wasn't going to take her frustration at Mara out on Vyomini. The girl was trying to help. Out loud she said, 'I don't want the answers. That's not why I touched you but fine. Don't worry about it.' Her moment of wanting help was gone. She'd figure this out by herself.

She added a dash more red and chirped loudly when she got the right colour, or at least a lot closer. The vines about her echoed her happiness; large ornamental passionflowers burst forth from her wings and she flapped them slightly. With that, all thoughts of Mara disappeared and she went back to her normal, talkative self. All she needed was someone other than herself to talk to.

Demya snorted, 'Unnatural? Sorry for butting in but how can you have any idea of what natural is? Have you seen the state of this world? There's barely anything left that's natural about it. Then again, you're probably so sheltered as to think a giant skyscraper that houses most of a country is natural.' She expanded her wings for dramatic effect, knocking over a chair on the bench behind her. It made a large clatter as it hit the ground and Demya's face turned bright red, matching her wings and legs well.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 06:08:36 am »
Seth turned his eyes to the winged creature next to him. He grinned as she knocked over a chair with her wings in abvious agitation. "Okey, you got me there. But earth will be green and fertile again one day. Mankind may of destroyed earth a long time ago. But that was just a mistake made by my ancestors. We are good at one thing. Trial by error. We learn from our mistakes and I know man will rebuild earth like it use to be. Sadly I will not live long enough to see it."  

His eyes went away from here eyes to the buetiful purple flowers around her wings. "Wow, what are those?" Seth asked and pointed a claw from his cybernetic hand. "Are those real? Ive never seen a flower outside of a book before"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 09:33:32 am »
“…Telepathy doesn’t seem unnatural to me…It’s as natural as talking…just with your mind instead…”

Vyomini was a little taken back when Demya said she didn’t want the answers, what had she wanted? It seemed she wasn’t willingly to divulge it now but Vyomini couldn’t help being a little curious…Then again it was probably something to do with Mara since that’s what the harpy’s mind had been on all day.

Demya didn’t take Vyomini’s advice but did get somewhat closer to right colour, instantly changing her thoughts from annoyance at the pink haired pilot and she visibly brightened, mostly due to the flowers on her vine-clothing suddenly blooming. She then began debating with Granby about what was natural very animatedly and even knocked over a chair in the process.

Granby did seem to agree with her but Vyomini wasn’t so sure about his theory that the world would be ‘green and fertile again one day’. From the little she knew about history things tended to get worse then people adapted to it, only to worsen it some more. Still, both Granby and to some extent Demya did seem hopeful about the future, even if Granby said he’d be dead before it happened. Demya was different in that she was trying to make a reality and probably would live long enough to see it, if she passed the pilot program.

Vyomini wasn’t going to puncture their hope with her cynical attitude. She just preferred to see the present and the near future rather than looking too far into the future and definitely preferred it to looking back into the past.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 06:15:50 am »
Demya scowled, 'your ancestors never learnt by trial and error. They tried to deny their mistakes and killed anyone who disagreed.'

Granby was naive but he didn't seem bad, he was probably one of the good humans. He even liked plantlife. Demya beamed as he admired her vines and grew them bigger, spilling her batch onto the desk but she didn't may much attention. At least it didn't corrode the bench.

'These are passionflowers, and these,' she wiggled her fingers for effect and the passionflowers died, giving way to large, green globes. The globes changed to a yellow-amber colour. 'These are passionfruit. Have you eaten them before. You break them open and suck out the innards. Take some back to your dorm with you. Let me know if you ever want anything either, Vyomini.' She shook her wings and the orbs fell to the floor.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 08:09:46 am »
"Hmph. I disagree" Seth said flatly. He did not want to believe what Demya told him. He watched with facination as the flowers died away to turn into fruit. When she shook her wings one of the orbs hit the ground to roll over and stop near his foot.

Granby leaned down to pick up the fruit in his claw and smell it sceptically. "Call me old fasioned.... But I kinda don't like the idea of sucking on something that grows from somebodys body. Hmm, Well. Ill take one along in case I change my mind"  Seth tryed to put the fruit in his pocket. But his cybernetic dragon claw was not exactly suited for the task.

Seth frowned to switch hands and finally put it away. He missed his old hand. This new one may of been better. But it was limited in the tasks his human hand could do. The teacher looked up from his PDA and snapped at the harpy. 'Demya! What have I told you about doing that in my classroom!" This is not a horticulture class!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 09:09:18 am »
Maybe Demya was right about humans and as friendly as Demya could be, her constant racism towards humans tended to get old. The harpy didn’t include Vyomini in her rants even though she was human too but being a human meant Demya’s dislike of humanity was also directed at her. As cruel as ‘humans’ had been to Vyomini, she was still one of them.  

At least Granby seemed to be standing up for the human race at least, Vyomini didn’t like to argue with people generally so always stuck to letting Demya knew she was listening but not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with what the harpy was saying. But there was still a few more years of sharing a room with Demya unless one of them failed. And it was getting harder to suppress the urge to tell Demya to just shut up.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 07:34:15 am »
'Okay, just so long as you don't kill me for it. I can show you proof if you really want though,' Demya offered. The reason her and her sister had fought was partially because Demya believed that humans just needed to realise their mistakes and change their behaviour. That had failed but Demya still had hope that something would change.

'What? Ew, these aren't a part of me! I control them but they aren't a part of my body.' Another vine grew off Granby's claw. 'See, I can even have them grow in mid-air if I really wanted. They tend to fall to the ground once I stop controlling them though.'

Demya! What have I told you about doing that in my classroom! This is not a horticulture class!

Demya startled and flapped her wings in alarm, hitting Granby and Vyomini by accident. She grumbled and muttered an apology, forcing herself to resist the urge to snap at the teacher. She'd already snapped at her Pilot and now he didn't even go near her. She didn't need any other hiccups. The vines pulled back so that they were only covering her uniform. Surely he wouldn't get stroppy over that.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 06:21:52 am »
Seth shook his head quicky to Demya's offer to show him. Ignorance was bliss. No matter what the harpy told him. Granby had no intention of tasting the so called fruit. No matter what she said. He just took the damn thing out of politness. Granby moved his claws a little to watch the vine curve and turn around them. He did not get to think to much on the matter as Demya got startled over something and smacked him in the face with a wing.

His head turned hard from the impact and a nice trail of drool went flying out his mouth. Ironic to think just moments before he was thinking about hitting someone. Now it was he who had the taste smacked out his mouth.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Seth yelled standing up to flip the table with all the chemicals on it. The teacher was not amused. "Oh that is wonderful candidate" The older man said with sarcasm. "Just go on ahead and flip the table. That will solve your problems"

Seth pointed his good hand at the teacher. "SHUTUP OLD MAN" It was not the best thing to say Seth found out as his hand was grabbed by some invisible force and forced into a painful bend behind him. Seths eyes shutted quickly from the pain. His forearm felt on the verge of breaking.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 10:27:29 am »
Vyomini was broken from her musings when a huge wing hit her in the face. She responded with only a soft ‘ow’ but Granby’s reaction was a little more violent. He stood up rapidly, flipping his table over in the process. And he paid for it when the instructor forced the man’s arm behind his back using telekinesis.

His outburst had been rather unnecessary but it wasn’t Granby’s fault that Demya had hit him in the face. And ever wanting to be helpful Vyomini decided she would help Granby out. She couldn’t free his arm, since it was a trained pilot holding it but she could pick up the chemicals using her magic. She was a water and ice mage so she could create water and ice but she could also manipulate liquids.

She concentrated on the spilt chemicals gradually pulling them back into their containers and at the same time used her psychic abilities to right the table and place the refilled test tubes back on it.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 07:38:26 am »
Demya managed not to flap about when the table was knocked over but she blinked for a couple of seconds to realise what had happened. Silly human. If she had been paying more attention to the teacher at this point instead of Granby and the table, she would have noticed the argument.

'What on Earth would you want to do that for?' she snapped. She glared at Granby but then something else happened, his arm was twisting in a way that did not look fun at all. She scanned the room and looked up at the teacher. Demya's eyes narrowed dangerously and it took a great deal of self control to stop vines from covering the classroom. As it was vines spiralled down her legs and nasty looking carnivorous mouths opened where flowers would normally be. One wing stretched out between Granby and that teacher, as though it would protect him from attack.

'Foul,' she hissed. 'Why must your species always resort to violence to force people into submission? Is knocking over a table really worth it?'

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 11:11:21 am »
"Your going to break my arm!" Seth called out. "I give!" The teacher did not like the fact Demya was interfering. 'Stand down Candidate Demya. Granby needs to learn his place' The older man gave Seth one more good bend in the arm and finally released him to sit back down.

Seth let his arm hang limply at his side to reduce the pain he felt. To avoid doing anything he might regret Granby walked out.

OCC: Blah! No muse tonight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal