Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Solar System / Re: Mind in a Can [Dragonsong]
« Last post by DragonSong on November 22, 2021, 07:16:36 am »
Lynn chuckled quietly and gave her a little nod as she started back out down the hall. "That'll do, I suppose." She didn't really need help setting wards, but it would certainly go quicker with two of them, and there was always the chance a second caster--or channel, as the case may be--would strengthen the barriers.

She suddenly paused, then ducked back into her cabin. "Here," she said when she reemerged, tossing a jacket that could politely be called "vintage" around Serina's shoulders. She did feel a little bad that her own inability to judge temperature may be making her passengers uncomfortable. It wasn't that she couldn't feel how cold it was in the ship, or even the heat of the metal she'd touched earlier, it just...didn't bother her. And when you lived centuries like that, well...it started to become difficult to judge what might be "acceptable" to a properly living body.

Starting to head for the ladder to the upper deck again, she explained as she walked, "We can do a basic protection sigil at each of the cardinal points with this--" she shook the little vial she held, making the liquid in it roil slightly--"and then just have to do a fairly simple incantation to activate them. 'Course, "cardinal points" are always more of a feeling than a fact out here in the void, but that's really what ninety percent of magic is anyway, just will made manifest. Don't suppose you took any dead languages in those archeology courses? Ancient Serenian? Maybe Essyrni?"

She didn't even seem to pause for breath, which was downright impressive when she kept chattering as she climbed the ladder easily one-handed and then reached down to pull Serina up after her.
The Cancer / Re: Droplets on a Razor's Edge
« Last post by Daglobster on November 22, 2021, 03:00:11 am »
Standing with her like this, Torien did note with some curiosity that she was shorter than he'd expected. Maybe it was because the water made her look much larger than she was or if she merely had more height to her when she boasted a tail.

When it seemed she needed a little less of his support, he let his hands slip down to her elbows, supporting her forearms but otherwise allowing her to slowly acclimate to her own weight.

Seexa's gaze seemed to finally stir Crem, who seemed to come out of his almost death-like stillness.  "Clothes", he said simply, and turned away to offer Seexa some form of modesty. Torien, having just been reminded of this, simply turned his face away so Seexa wouldn't see the fire that had just lit under his cheeks at the realization. And still, he didn't exactly make an effort to distance himself.

"The cloak," he said quietly to Crem, and the old man set about looking for the discarded garment. Torien looked back to Seexa, and with an encouraging smile he took a step backwards.

"Try and walk with me."
« Last post by Daglobster on November 22, 2021, 02:46:51 am »
Serina followed close to Lynn's side, hands tucked ahead of her as she followed the captain of her refuge through the tight hallways.

"It's freezing in here," she aired, knowing that her host likely already knew and didn't care, as this seemed to be her own ship. It changed little for Serina, who shivered and crossed her arms. Any further complaints about the cold fell silent as she saw the inside of Lynn's bunk, eyes going wide as she stepped into what could have been an exhibition chamber in a museum.

"And I thought I was a nerd for this kind of stuff..." she said to herself as she peered over one of her walls, easily able to distract herself while Lynn rooted about for whatever she was looking for.

The books and more conventional knick-knacks were easily absorbed in a sweep of Serina's dark crimson eyes, wide and saucer-like in her curiosity. When Lynn would turn to face her again, she'd find the young woman looking at some of the more "indescribable" of her knick-knacks, with a look almost approaching a befuddled recognition, before she noticed the captain's eyes on her and quickly set it down with a sheepish smile and a blush.

"Sorry, I-- Oh, runes?" she asked, with a tilt of her head, and then her sheepish smile faltered with some embarrasment.

"I took a course on runes as part of my archeology major, but I don't remember much. It was a morning class and I took it for the credits," she added, but just as quickly set herself into a more confident stance.

"Never too late for a refresher, I guess."
The Cancer / Re: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)
« Last post by DragonSong on November 20, 2021, 06:11:15 am »
Pink hummed quietly when he moved to kiss her jaw, letting her head tilt to the side just a bit. She chuckled softly at his response to her apology and murmured, “Don’t let it go too much to your head…”

She shivered a bit as his hand slid over her stomach, then actually gave a quiet groan and let her head fall forward onto his shoulder again when he mentioned a bedroom. They were still locked so closely together, and she couldn’t hide the new flush that rose to her skin at the idea. But…

“You have…no idea how badly I want to say yes,” she sighed, then lifted her head and continued with obvious reluctance, “but I—I do actually have to meet Reese. Preferably sooner than later.” She bit her lip, glancing away. Then she added, a little cautiously, “Maybe…if you’re still interested in going with me, maybe after we could, ah…”

She trailed off, cheeks warm, and glanced down at their hips unconsciously. Dear gods, they really hadn’t even gotten their pants off. Her blush flared a little hotter, but she looked back up at him with a wry smile. “Maybe we could…try for something a little less…rushed?” She let her hands slide up under his shirt a bit, tracing absently along the planes of his stomach. “Not gonna lie, I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing ya with this off…”
« Last post by Daglobster on November 20, 2021, 03:40:22 am »
"I'm seein' stars, if that's what you mean," came his dreamy murmur. In the simulation, his split lip healed rather quickly, and by the time he was leaning in again to kiss her after her apology, it was already cleared up.

His hand drew down her side and across her stomach, his eyes momentarily pausing on where they were still joined before he dipped forwards to kiss at her jaw again.

"Not normally that intense? I'm very flattered," he continued, and his hands slid up to her shoulders under her jacket and finally slipped that off of her shoulders. His hands around the small of her back, he looked back up at her.

"Are we still finding that bedroom?" he finally said, and punctuated it with a slow, heated kiss.

"I haven't even seen you naked, racer girl."
« Last post by DragonSong on November 19, 2021, 04:44:32 pm »
"Oh!"

Well, that was certainly new.

Again, the strange semi-reality of the simulation turned what might have otherwise been a simply odd or even uncomfortable sensation into a lightning bolt of pleasure that arced through her body and left her all but collapsed against him, her head on his shoulder as she panted and tried to come down from the high.

Eventually, she managed to lift her head and kiss him gently, wincing a bit when she tasted blood and remembered she was still clutching at his back. She let her hands slide up to rest lightly on his shoulders and gave him a sheepish look as she pulled back from the kiss.

"I, ah...sorry," she murmured, still distinctly breathless and her eyes just a little hazy. "I'm not normally that, err...intense. I didn't hurt you, did I?"
« Last post by DragonSong on November 19, 2021, 04:34:52 pm »
"Right, come on then." Lynn gave her a distracted sort of smile and led her back out of the kitchen and down the hall to a door near the end--last one on the left-hand wall--which opened on her bunk.

Well..."cabin" might have been a better word. It was certainly the largest of the sleeping quarters on the ship. And why not? It wasn't like she had passengers often enough for it to really matter. Still, it wasn't a large space, nearly a third of the floor taken up by the bed, even where it was bolted into the wall.

But it wasn't so much the size of the room, it was what was in it. Three of the four walls were covered in a variety of positively ancient weaponry--blades and bows and even some sort of long, coiled spiked chain--none of which would have been used in centuries. Maybe longer. "Antique" didn't quite cover it, these pieces were museum-worthy. A smallish desk bolted to the wall near the foot of the bed had a collection of haphazardly stacked tomes that most would probably have assumed were collector's replicas of some sort, because surely they had to be, or they would have been as old or older than the weapons.

There was also a frankly eccentric number of odd little knick-knacks strewn about, some on the floor, some on shelves, a few even tossed carelessly onto the bed. Crystal carvings, something that looked like a more modern adaptation of a very old embroidery stitching ring, and quite a few whose purpose was simply indiscernible.

"So." Lynn crossed briskly to grab up a small vial of silvery, viscous liquid from where it lay carelessly on the edge of the desk, lifting it and squinting as she shook it slightly. "You said you've worked with magical equipment--how much experience do you have with rune work?" It was an art that had declined sadly in recent centuries, she had discovered to her chagrin.
TRIM / Re: Jailbreak, Part II: Electric Boogaloo [Daglobster]
« Last post by DragonSong on November 19, 2021, 04:24:24 pm »
Completely unused to combat of any kind--and surrounded by people who were clearly very used to it--Annabelle found she could do nothing but what she was told. It was her best chance at staying alive, as far as she could see. At least for the moment.

She had what felt like a thousand questions burning on her tongue, but she bit them back, just giving Saendyr a sharp look and a small nod when he called for her to follow.

She had no way of navigating the dust storm they were heading out into on her own, and could only hope that he did. Breathing deeply once, twice, in an effort to steady her magic, she darted after him, squinting against the wind and red earth.

"Where are we going?!" She had to raise her voice louder than she wanted just to be heard over the wind.
« Last post by Daglobster on November 19, 2021, 01:46:45 pm »
Indeed, Kayse's eyes somehow went wider when he felt her nails bite into his back and he made whimpers of his own alongside her.

She kept telling him yes and he didn't have to think twice about clapping his hands onto her ass and really slamming her down the last few times before his hips gave a sharp jerk against hers and  his peak came ripping through him in pulsing waves of rapture.

And yes, his "peak" was cold, where one would normally expect it to be hot. All he could do was bite his lip until blood welled up against his tooth and nod his head desperately as he kept Pink as close to him as he could.
« Last post by Daglobster on November 19, 2021, 01:24:50 pm »
Dawaski shook his head and crossed his arms, lips going tight as if there was something else he wanted to say but knew he shouldn't. and Dav merely looked away at the question, eyes focused on the stew. He was hungry, or at least... he felt hungry. How did he know that he wasn't just being manipulated again. His stomach turned in silence and he stayed quiet.

Serina was quiet for a few moments, brow knit with concern over Dav, before she took her hand off of Dav's shoulder to raise it briefly.

"I do. I worked with the magical equipment on the expedition. Not a formal spellcaster but I can channel, and we also used wards on the dig-site," she said, a smile teasing at the corners of her smile, seemingly pleased with the chance to be useful and not scared for once.

Furthermore, Serina stood and served Dav a bowl of the jovially bubbling stew, offering it to him with a smile. He met her eyes with a look of surprise.

"Eat, Dav. None of us have had breakfast yet," she said, and he blinked up into her eyes and nodded after a couple seconds.

"I'll go help our host with the wards and I'll be right back," she said, and approached Lynn, unsure of where to go but sure that she wanted to help.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal