Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
The Cancer / Re: Droplets on a Razor's Edge
« Last post by Daglobster on December 26, 2021, 03:25:11 am »
She was still the closest thing to a naked woman that he'd held in a long time. Somehow, he knew she wasn't the first, despite the shattered memories that his conversion left him with. His vision returned to her once she started to move, too worried that she could still topple over at any moment.

She had an odd sort of density her that he supposed was a side effect of her aquatic nature, and he noted that she was definitely heavier than she looked as she leaned on him for support. One of his hands went to her side to help keep her steady, his new one.

He made a startled sound as the advanced limb registered the coldness of her skin and the texture of the scaly skin along her sides. His eyes set onto that point of contact, which made it easy for them to wander along.

She was definitely not mammalian in the slightest, even if her smooth underbelly, hips, and body shape were crafted to suggest otherwise. She was piscine, cetacean, and even batrachian all at once, but still human enough that it had his color flaring anew once his eyes wandered low enough.

When she spoke, he looked back up to her with a "deer in headlights" look on his face.

"It doesn't hurt!" Torien repeated with a beaming smile, sooooooooo happy to have something to latch on.
Solar System / Re: Mind in a Can [Dragonsong]
« Last post by Daglobster on December 26, 2021, 02:44:47 am »
Serina nodded when Lynn affirmed her usefulness, and the young woman couldn't help but smile and cross her arms as she watched Lynn work. It had been a long time since she'd seen a ritual pentagram put up, and so she watched Lynn with an analyzing eye, committing the lines and words to memory.

When asked about her thesis, Serina blinked and started in place, before clearing her throat.

"I did my thesis on the genealogical fate of the Serenian people. Even in the records from that time, that was a mysterious topic," she started, eyes tracing the ritual circle as it got more and more complex. She settled on a safe place to stand, and continued.

"There's still folks with Serenian "blood" in the population today. They're rare but their hair color's always off a shade or not one of the usual colors. Anyhow, I decided to do an ancestral survey on all the Serenians I could find."

She smiled as she got to her favorite part.

"It sounds so hard to believe unless you see the data for yourself. Each and every single one has geneaology that stretches back to the Feudal Era, one-hundred percent! And a portion of their DNA isn't even human! My theory was that the Serenians are partially mixed with Fey. Sadly, with no more Fey on Aedolis, it's a trait that's destined to go extinct in the next dozen generations or so."
Solar System / Re: S.O.S. [Daglobster] [M]
« Last post by Daglobster on December 12, 2021, 08:43:33 pm »
She was trying to calm him, that much Elaros could gather. A sweet sort of numbness spread from her touch on his arm, settling in his mind like a drug. Elaros' mind was somewhat resistant to the manufactured calm, too wired up on hormones. Like an agitated animal, it served to only dull him somewhat. Yet, he was grateful for the gesture.

He briefly covered her hand with one of his and gave an assuring squeeze.

The elevator doors opened to reveal marbled corridors that looked like they'd been transported straight from a terrestrial palace. Granite sculptures of Drakkons in sensual positions, Low and High alike, filled alcoves that lined the halls, which were bathed red by intermittent emergency lights.

Elaros' guards led the way, moving out towards a junction in the passageways.
TRIM / Re: Jailbreak, Part II: Electric Boogaloo [Daglobster]
« Last post by DragonSong on December 05, 2021, 08:03:16 am »
She hated needing his hand to guide her, but the winds were so strong and the dust so thick in the air that she could sometimes hardly see him through the storm, even with him barely an arm's length away. Touch was the only guaranteed method to keep them from getting separated.

Which, unfortunately, she couldn't afford just yet.

She let him usher her behind the new rock formation and quickly crouched down out of the wind, shaking her head and rubbing at her eyes carefully with the heel of her palm. Dust covered her face, but the red earth that had coated her hair almost actually blended in with the natural color, so she looked a bit like she was shedding particles of herself when she shook her head again and bits of it came loose.

She squinted at the bullets he showed her, rubbing her twisted ankle--which had started to throb in protest of so much movement, and now that she wasn't fully panicking she'd actually noticed the dull pain.

Can you make them hurt?

Annabelle's eyes widened as they met his gaze through the visor. She swallowed convulsively, briefly worried she might be sick again, then managed to croak out, "I--maybe, but I can't--I don't know if I'll..."

Yes. Yes, she could. She could pull the electricity from the dust storm around them if she really put some effort into it, could connect a chain reaction from the bullets to their attackers and back until they were a living circuit.

The problem was, she didn't know if they'd stay living. She hadn't meant to kill those two guards, but...but clearly she was capable of some truly horrendous things.

"I don't--" She swallowed thickly. She knew she was being stupid, she was wasting time. And these people clearly didn't care if she or Saendyr survived. But still, she couldn't stop herself from choking, "I don't want to kill again."
« Last post by DragonSong on December 05, 2021, 07:53:19 am »
"That'll certainly do!" Lynn laughed lightly, honestly a little impressed. In the years since she'd woken, she could count on one hand the number of people she'd met who could even do that much.

Although that might say more about the types of people she usually met than it did about the state of historical documentation or modern interest.

"I'll write the incantation out for you, just gimme a minute," she added over her shoulder as she started pacing a pentagram over the open upper deck. She couldn't physically ward the entire ship properly--that would have required dragging Serina around the outside of the hull, and, well...she didn't usually have passengers, and honestly wasn't sure her spare suit was up for the task. Not to mention it might be off-putting for the archeologist to see her walking about without one.

Not that she'd made a habit of that. Just tried it once or twice, to see if she could.

So that meant she was really focusing on intent to get the protections in place in this single room, then sort of pushing them outward. She'd done more complicated spells in her time, but they were never easy. Hopefully Serina was a competent enough channel to make things go a little smoother.

"What was your thesis?" Lynn asked as she walked over the shape of the pentagram again, then came to a stop in the center of the invisible pattern and started rifling through her pockets for pen and paper--archaic maybe, but she couldn't help having the preference. As she did, she surreptitiously slipped on a pair of thin leather gloves; she should have been wearing them this whole time, really, but she'd been a bit...distracted. Hopefully none of her guests would think her low temperature and penchant for covering extremities anything more than poor circulation and mild eccentricity.

Starting to write out the incantation she'd had memorized since she was a girl, she glanced up at Serina and added with a small smile, "I have a...particular interest in ancient Serendipity. I'm curious."
TRIM / Re: Jailbreak, Part II: Electric Boogaloo [Daglobster]
« Last post by Daglobster on December 04, 2021, 10:35:47 pm »
Saendyr had to really crank the range back on his personal radar. Anything that went out too far was scrambled by the storm, but Saendyr was hoping that his more modern armor would outperform the enemy's surplus suits in this regard.

"Looking for cover!" Saendyr said. If they had any chance of outfoxing their attackers, they'd have to stay moving in order to keep from being surrounded. If Annabelle had not covered his back from the swordsman, things could've gotten much uglier.

The storm was thick, so Saendyr made sure to keep pace with Annabelle, ushering her along with a hand between her shoulders as he swept his rifle about in search of targets, waiting for assailants to come barreling out of the storm.

He singled out another batch of rocks, and hustled the two of them along until they could both take cover from the storm once again. He took the magazine out of his rifle and switched it with a new one, cursing when he saw he was down to his stick-and-shocks. The delicate tranq shots weren't even in the equation for this.

"These are no good against power armor, even on the highest setting." he said, showing Annabelle the bullets tipped with what looked like electrical conduits and spikes before slid it into his rifle and racked the slide back.

The barrel of his rifle crackled as the adaptive systems switched up to charge the electronically fired rounds.

"If I land the shots, can you make them hurt?" he said, looking to her through his visor.
« Last post by Daglobster on December 04, 2021, 10:17:00 pm »
Serina made a little surprised sound when the jacket came over her shoulders, and her hands rose up to stroke along the smooth leather. It was the kind of jacket one would see in artistic depictions of the pre-stellar past.

Her smile turned a little screwy and she tried to hide the color on her cheeks by pulling the coat more fully onto her shoulders. "Thanks, this is... surprisingly soft," Serina mumbled, as she was vaguely aware of the jacket's possible age.

In another context, this thing would've been sealed up and sent for dating at the lab, but here she was, wearing it!

Either way, she had no time to contemplate it further, because her host was talking a mile a minute without even stopping for breath! She did her best to nod along, eyebrows rising at the concept of having to find the cardinal points... in space, and then blinking when asked about dead languages.

At the mention of Serenian, she nodded her head.

"I did my thesis on Serendipity," she said with a proud smirk and a tilt of her head. "Honestly, I just wanted a topic nobody else picked. Glad it turned out to be the right one," she said, talking as she watched Lynn climb the ladder.

She took Lynn's offered hand, gasping a little when she touched her hand and found that Lynn basically matched the temperature of the air around them, but didn't comment on it.

"Can't hold a conversation, but I can read it aloud," she said as Lynn pulled her up, then looked up to meet the vampire's eyes.

"I suppose that's what counts when it comes to this, right?"
The Cancer / Re: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)
« Last post by DragonSong on December 03, 2021, 06:00:46 am »
Pink couldn't stop the small sound that rose up in her throat when he held her a little closer and the shift reminded her that they were still rather intimately connected--as if she'd needed the reminder.

"Mmm..." She smiled a bit and dropped a quick kiss on the corner of his mouth, part of her wishing she didn't care about the way his voice had gone a little breathless, another part entirely distracted by it. "Seriously," she laughed as she pulled away, "We've gotta go."

She glanced down, then quickly away again, clearing her throat as a flush rose up her neck and dusted her cheeks. "Which, ah, means you have to let me get up." Regaining a bit of her earlier wry humor, she added with a crooked smile, "If you can manage to keep your hands to yourself for a few minutes?"
The Cancer / Re: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)
« Last post by Daglobster on December 02, 2021, 10:50:51 pm »
Even though their frantic motions were over, every moment was still tinted with that primal affection. They'd come together so furiously, the oblivion that came after was like no other.

"Mmm, you and me, a bed covered in rose petals," he teased at her mentioning she wanted to try something more intimate later.

"Sounds like heaven on the Net," he continued. He accentuated the fact they were still very much clothed by looping his fingers through Pink's belt loop to hold her hips and ass closer as they basked with one another.

His stomach sucked in just a little at her touch, and Kayse's voice took on a breathless quality.

"Gods, do I want you, too..."
The Cancer / Re: Droplets on a Razor's Edge
« Last post by DragonSong on November 22, 2021, 07:31:13 am »
Seexa blinked at him, then repeated as though the word was entirely foreign, "Clothes."

She glanced down at herself. While her creator had drawn on Old Earth merfolk as a template to give her a distinctly, if vaguely willowy, feminine humanoid shape, she wasn't technically mammalian--or at least she didn't think she was--so the slight curve of her breasts was really more decorative than it was anything else. She knew from the data feeds in the before-place that most humanoid women used them to feed young, though without nipples she wasn't properly equipped to do that.

As for her legs, well...now that she was getting the hang of standing properly, they did look slightly more humanoid--barring the large, flipper-like feet on the ends--and the slight flare of her hips indicated that a little more thought may have gone into the functionality of this aspect of her anatomy. Aside from the filament-thin barbells on her head she was entirely hairless, which revealed that a thin, almost imperceptible slit at the fork of her legs was the only indication that her species may have been capable of live birth.

That is, if she'd properly had a species.

None of that seemed particularly dangerous to her--pretty much everything important was protected by thin-pebble scales--but if her new friends thought she needed clothes then she supposed she did. Now that she thought of it, she hadn't exactly seen any of the people who'd come to gawk at her in her tank walking about naked.

Torien's voice snapped her from the train of thought and she blinked up at him, vaguely dazed for a moment. Then she realized, "Oh!" and glanced down at their feet again. She bit her lip, glancing up at him, and took a cautious, shuffling step forward to follow him.

It was strange, and cumbersome, but she learned if she let her feet turn out slightly she was able to take proper steps, albeit tiny, careful ones. This meant she moved in something between a waddle and a walk, but she didn't seem to care as she met Torien's eyes with another breathless smile.

"It doesn't...hurt," she said, sounding both surprised and delighted. She wasn't entirely sure why she'd expected it to, but was more than happy to have been proven wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal