Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Space / Re: Point of No Return [Crew of The Loveless]
« Last post by GoblinFae on February 22, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
Time passed and Hesperus pulled the broken pieces of himself together enough to play the role expected of him. Nothing was better. Nothing was fixed. It never was and perhaps never could be but now was not the time to worry about such trivial feelings as love and desire. Survival was key and right then the demon could not help but feel an oily pit clench within his belly at what hell Kirkley was going to drag them into this time.

Everything from then on felt mechanical. Into his suit, out into space, onto Shen's back, why it was as simple as 1, 2, 3. Right? His skin still felt like it was crawling despite how still and tall he stood. Hesperus wanted nothing more than to run. All it would take would be one jump and he could float away into the void. Only his loyalty, if it could even be called that, to Kirkley kept him firm and sure-footed.

Shen's voice was a reassurance though and so even as Kirkley broke his own rules, scooping Aesir into his arms and popping off with him, Hesperus was kneeling to gently pat his friend's feathers in thanks. The demon wasn't sure if he did it more for Shen or himself though he was sure it was little comfort to either of them.

He snorted and rolled his eyes at Vargas's exit. There was always one in every group that had that false sense of bravado. The Incubus sighed and squared his shoulders. No time like the present to face the next shitstorm life was ready to throw at you. He knew the longer he waited, the easier it would be to turn back and abandon everything. He had done it enough with others before, but never to Kirkley. No, if anything it was the old skydog who had turned his back on Hesperus. Those wounds always festered but in times like this, or Shen's earlier distress Hesperus knew where he had to stand. Like the pathetic child he always was and always would be, he would stand at Kirkley's side until the story's end had been reached.

A wordless nod to Otto as he passed him and Hesperus was stepping through the portal. He had no plucky comments to add and wanted this over with as much as the next man. His stomach flipped with the disorientation and then he was through, stepping out behind Vargas and placing a hand on the man's shoulder as he nudged them both a few steps forward and out of the way.

He tugged his void helmet it off, tucking it under his arms as his eyes slid to Aesir and Kirkley. Gold eyes took in that closeness and the strangeness of the young man's actions as if intent staring would provide all the answers to his endless questions. It didn't of course, nor did the pure earthy scent in the air that spoke of primal things his instincts understood far better than his mind did. There was something about this place that sent a singing in his veins. He could only compare it to the heady sensation of luring partners to him with his scent and this was so much more than that. There was old magic at work here, old powers, and older memories. Hesperus was glad he was not a psychic like his father. He could only imagine how much overwhelming it would be if he was.

"The Meeting Place," he replied to Vargas, though the answer meant as much to him now as it did when Kirkley first uttered it: not a damn thing. "Though perhaps The Dying Place might have been a more appropriate name. Seems we're the only ones here," he grumbled, his morbid bite coming to the forefront with his discomfort at facing the unknown.
The Rest of Aedolis / Re: The Devil's Den [Lion] [M]
« Last post by Cheesigator on February 22, 2018, 02:59:34 AM »
The way he so confidently strode across the hotel room floor, the way his eyes captured hers with not a shred of guilt or fear or remorse, the confidence that oozed off of him in thick waves made her heart beat a little faster as her smirk turned into a mischievous grin; it was rare to find a guy like him. He was so chill about it, not a single fuck to give, no strings attached, and he knew what he wanted.

So when he stepped closer and gave her an order it sent a shiver up her spine as he kissed her and she returned it, teeth scraping against his as she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and grabbed a good fistful of his hair, sucking in a sharp breath when he bit down on her, and she immediately found herself smirking again.

She slid a muscular thigh between his before suddenly grasping him and using her center of balance and strength to twist the two of them, pushing him down onto the bed as she leaned on her hands and knees above him, eyes gleaming in the dim light as she grinned down at him, the look on her face nothing short of fierce.

"Make me."

She leaned in quick to bite and lap hungrily at his throat, her hand in his hair attempting to yank his head back to give her better access as she sucked at his Adam's apple, her free hand sliding over all those hard muscles to palm him aggressively, letting out a pleased noise against him as she got an idea of what--or rather, how much--she was working with here, and boy was it a pleasant surprise.

Because in her opinion, size definitely did matter.

"Didn't know you were packing such a gift in here, Cabe, it's almost like it's Yule again.~" She purred as she slid her hand in and stroked him, eyebrows shooting up at the texture.

Now she definitely hadn't been expecting this. Bumps and ridges and a shape that definitely wasn't human. Not like it was her first time fucking somebody who wasn't a vanilla human person, but when the rest of him looked so normal you really couldn't expect it. And she sure as hell wasn't complaining. She was quick to let her fingers explore his every bump, dip and curve and give him a firm squeeze at the base, growing more and more excited the more she discovered.

Yep, good choice. This was gonna be a great night. Good job, Andy. No wonder you're so fucking amazing.
The Rest of Aedolis / Re: Decode [Lion]
« Last post by Cheesigator on February 22, 2018, 02:43:21 AM »
None of it meant a goddamn thing, huh? Sounds like something someone might say when they realized they were being a racist bastard.

Adele kept their jaw clenched; didn't say a single word as they stared daggers up at him and if looks could kill they'd have been stabbing him in the forehead with a knife. Their first thought went to poor Nishi; Addie didn't know her that well yet, but she seemed like such a sweet and precious girl, and the thought of this guy trying to bully her too made it that much harder to keep from setting themself on fire with their fury.

They could care less what he thought about them; but if they caught him once bothering her they wouldn't hesitate to punch the fucker in his smarmy face and make him eat shit. That they absolutely promised to themself.

He got off of them and headed to the locker rooms, and Adele just laid there on the track a few moments longer, realizing how hard they were breathing. And once their sharp ears couldn't pick up the sounds of him anymore, they threw themself up to their feet again, the blood still pounding in their system, simmering still from the boil it'd been earlier. They let out a low growl and made their way back to the front doors of the gym, their fist bursting into flame and singing a punching bag they threw a hit at as they passed it, the chain rattling and shaking as the material burned and stank. It only helped them feel slightly better.

They picked up their bag of regular clothes and decided to head home for a bit; they'd get changed and take a shower there, where there wasn't a possibility of running into Racist McGee.

They hoped he burned himself on the shower water.

-End-
Open Space / Re: All The Stars In Between
« Last post by Draconian on February 19, 2018, 11:45:28 PM »
There was no regret that she'd woken Mars up.

Cordelia chewed on her lip and stared down at the ground, coaxed her fingers through her hair before she felt herself being tugged forward. Was he hugging her? Cordelia sighed and closed her eyes, moving her real hand from her hair to his, carding her fingers through it and pulling his head to her stomach in a strange pseudo hug.

"I woke you up," She said, her voice soft and she let her head droop before she started to move. Cordelia sighed and crawled from his embrace, one leg on the bed before she grabbed his arm and started to drag him down with her. "And we destroyed my ship and..." Cordelia sighed and tugged Mars so she could coax him down, "You need to sleep. We need to sleep. Maybe you'll find answers in your dreams." It wasn't a big bed, but if they smooshed together it'd be fine, "You can have most of the pillow," She said, smacking the cool pillow with her hand. "I promise I'll stay right here and everything but my legs are pretty warm."
Margad / Re: One Hell of a Welcome (Margad Scorpions)
« Last post by Draconian on February 19, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »
Everyone liked muffins.

They were sweet without being too sweet, didn't have raisins in them. Ellis looked down at the container of them, pushing his lavender hair from his bright green ears and then back up. He was excited. Someone new! Which maybe this one was kind of friendly or something. He had leaned himself against the wall, bounced the container on his thighs while he waited. Right muffins didn't need to be shaken.

The first bit of voice, Ellis zero'd his attention in on Jack, licking his teeth under his lips and frowning ever so slightly. Was everyone tense? The air felt tense. Was this person terrible? Did they have to pay to get in? Ellis glanced around the room and finally he spotted the new face - he'd been staring at Jack, trying to get a read on him. The guy was always so broody.

Ellis caught the hitch, raised an eyebrow and squinted slightly. Watched the older Scorpion's faces. Tilted his head curiously before he glanced back at the woman. Keeping his own expression serious and neutral Ellis decided... Nah, he didn't really care why they looked uncomfortable.

"Hey, Jojo! Welcome to the Squad," Ellis grinned once Jack was finished with his little speech. He pried the top off the tupperware and walked over.  They weren't the healthiest muffins - chocolate, chocolate chip, but they were fresh and they smelled good. "I am Amaryllis, Ellis for short, Amy if you're nasty." A grin and he nodded to Jack, "He doesn't have a stutter, so don't worry about the hiccup-cough." Ellis didn't wait before he held out the baked goods, begging to be plucked and eaten. "They're all kinda broody and quiet so when they're like that around you - it isn't you, that's kinda just ... Like that." A grin to Joan and he wiggled the muffins again, giving his shoulders a shrug "You get used to it, nothing personal. We can be friends though!"
The Rest of Aedolis / Re: House of Heart and Cholestrol [Lion, Nephero]
« Last post by nephero on February 19, 2018, 10:52:52 PM »
   A little domestic. It seemed like that was a running theme. Not surprising, given the duties that came with the considerable honor of Pilothood. The stress, the bad dreams, the long hours, the secrecy. But even still, Yavul had… wanted it. Was that so bad of him? Grisham wasn’t slow to point out that marriage was a mistake, and several of their shared social circle seemed to be of a similar opinion. And then, here was Blu, who despite being one of the top doctors in the entire world, despite being so smart and so fun and so charming, couldn’t figure it out either.

Maybe it was stupid to want something like that. More and more, Yavul was convinced it was so; if Blu couldn’t make it work, if his parents couldn’t make it work, if Grisham couldn’t make it work, what chance did he have? The odds were already dismally against him just on principle, and as Yavul snuck a glance to the side at Grisham’s comment about trenches, he was reminded of just how dismal his odds could get.

Well, so much for shaking awful thoughts off. Yavul wanted to blame the brandy, but even with his second glass drained and the headiness hitting him, he had enough sense to know the brandy wasn’t what was wrong with this picture here.

“To th’ young an’ th’ stupid,” he agreed, unable to put much heart to the words so busy he was with just keeping his tone in place. Last thing that needed to happen here was him losing his shit before dinner was even cooked, and not for the first time Yavul swallowed the lump in his throat and came back smiling. He pulled out the box grater at Blu’s direction, and set it down against the unoccupied section of countertop, stopping only to refill his drink for the third time before setting to work on getting the cheese shredded.

It was slow, ungraceful work, the Solartan man wildly out of his element amongst two talented chefs as it were. Still, it didn’t matter that the cheese wasn’t pretty when it was just going to be mixed and melted in a bit, and Yavul was—if nothing else— good at basic duties. The ATC for him had been exactly what he needed. It was structure, it was purpose, and even when it was the most banal of tasks it made sense. Grating cheese for macaroni made sense, and even better still, allowed no room for overthinking bullshit.

It didn’t stop him from hearing conversation, though, unfortunately. He paused in his grating, almost too suddenly, and hid it under a casual swig of his drink before taking up the cheese block again.

“No, ain’t no such Luck for me, I’m afraid t’ say.” Don’t look at Dyna. Don’t look at Dyna. Don’t look at Dyn—goddammit he looked at Dyna. Another quick casual drink, and Yavul glanced Blu’s way, leaning a bit more heavily against the counter with his hips as sudden movement became less and less a viable option.

“An’ ohhh, the bachelor life. Ettin’ JJ’s breakfast, lunch an’ dinner. Squad takin’ bets when my heart gonna give out. Get t’ get piss drunk an’ make sordid deals for th’ re-purchase a’ my pants from a barman. Or step in animal shit an’ find a cat. It’s a never-endin’ red carpet affair, I tell you what.”

Yavul barked a laugh, and shook his head, the world making sense a little more with that beautiful alcohol-driven clarity he had been afforded.

“You tell me someone wants anythin’ t’ do with that there list a’ considerable qualities an’ I’ll try not t’ hold my breath none.” He shot Blu a wink to take the edge off his words, hoping against hope that he could play it off as just more good-natured ribbing. Nothing serious, right? And it was fine, even if it was getting harder to keep grating the smaller the cheese block got, until he was all but sticking his tongue out in concentration to get the block over the grater’s surface without taking his own fingertips with it.

“Pretty sure I woulda done died a’ malnutrition ain’t for Dyna takin’ pity on my ass an’ feedin’ me proper. Right good soul for a devil.” He shot Grim a crooked grin, appreciating the subtle irony of it all.
Margad / One Hell of a Welcome (Margad Scorpions)
« Last post by Nix on February 19, 2018, 09:37:29 PM »
It was a strange and rather shaking occurrence, calling the squad together early for anything at all. Making sure no one was on rotation to be off. Though he wished Jonesy were. He truly did. Jack's stomach soured the minute Pilot Joan Archer's file reached him.

Not being able to say no to her joining their ranks made it worse.

If he had worked harder on filling slots in his squadron he would have maintained the say in who was on his squadron, and yet his- indecision? Self doubts? Not wanting to bring more Pilots into the smoldering ashes of Hell... Whatever the case the power vaccuum was open and now there was nothing to be done.

The Scorpions were his squadron now. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Of course he knew that wasn't how it worked. He had no valid argument for rejecting Pilot Cardinal Archer and her dragon wanted her on a squad. There was no changing this.

Jack glanced over at his Squad leader as the rest of their team filed in for the unscheduled meet and greet. A strange reception for an introduction that would disrupt more than half the Scorpions. The training hall was mostly quiet, small chatter occurring between a few members of the team. Vijaya stood at attention at the front of the room, Guidry hung towards the back and Riss scanned the room, eyes accented by dark circles.

'This will be a good addition to your team Pilot Ladner.' The words echoed in his mind. He disagreed. For her sake and for that of his team.

His face was serious, hard and drawn but he always looked that way during training. "Alright, attention Scorpions. As I am sure you have guessed, I called you all here to introduce you to our new recruit."

He looked over to ...Archer. This all felt too much like something Ruslan would have done. Calling everyone together to make them greet the fresh meat. Bile seemed to slosh against the walls of his gut at the thought. At least some of the newer members caught wind and brought snacks it seemed. He knew welcome parties weren't uncommon in most squads but thinking of this as such was wrong. It was ripping off a band aid. That was all.

"This is Pilot Cardinal Archer. Pilot Cardinal J-" He had practiced saying it. Saying it like it was nothing. Just a name. He coughed to cover his vocal stumble. "Pilot Cardinal Joan Archer."

The winces of the old guard at the name were visible to the Scorpion's commander but he pressed on to cover it. "She is new here and I expect you all to show her the ropes. We will be learning a new formation and beginning drills in an hour. I suggest you all take this time to get acquainted, eat something and begin stretching."
The Rest of Aedolis / Re: Dreamin' Of Rainbows[Goblin!]
« Last post by GoblinFae on February 19, 2018, 02:49:02 PM »
"My apologies then, Ladybug," he said to her with a gentle nod of his head. He was oblivious to her inner turmoil though and just continued to smile gently until she spoke again. "You have a very wise outlook on our jobs then. Though I will always believe a Squadron CO far outweighs a mechanic like me. I'm a credit-a-dozen. Can find us easy but people like you are amazing." He blushed and chuckled sheepishly. "All fanboying aside of course."

Evan tapped his fingers across the glossy service of the table as he glanced to the ceiling in thought. "Me? I'm from Amristah, I am. Born and raised in my dad's repair shop. We fixed up hoverboards and radios and such. Nothing too fancy but you could say fixin's in my blood, you know? Only seemed natural that when I made it out of ATC I would jump right back into the same things I started in. Well not exactly the same but an engine is an engine and a piece of machinery is still machinery, right?"

He winked at her as he shifted in his seat again. Inside he cursed himself for her being so cute and sweet while he was such a dufus, rattling about stupid things. "Enough about me yeah, I'm just a bucket of boring bolts. What about you? What's good and wonderful in the world of, Ladybug? How is Solarta treating you? It's mighty hot here, don't you think?"
Teinar Characters / Étienne Amir, Wasteland Raider Boss
« Last post by nephero on February 19, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »

{NAME}

Étienne Amir

{ALIASES}

Ironspine, Iro, Boss, *sir*.

{AGE}

Idk somewhere closer to his 40s.

{GENDER, SEXUALITY}

Male.

Bisexual.

{SPECIES/ETHNICITY}

Human, Solartan native, now just another Waster.

{HEIGHT/BUILD}

6’1", he's a brick… HOUSE… he's mighty mighty--

{OCCUPATION}

Raider gang boss

{RESIDENCE}

Fortress where Yoreiq used to be.

IN DEPTH STUFF

{PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION}

Like many Solartans, Iro is big, big, big. Thickly muscled and well toned from years of hard living, Iro is not a man to be trifled with, seen as he looks like he could wrestle a wasteland grizzly and win.

Even beyond his intimidating stature is his general appearance: heavy brows and deep-set, vibrant hazel eyes make for an intense stare, and even when he's not actually scowling he looks like he's about two steps away from doing so.

As a Solartan, his skin is naturally tanned, more heavily bronzed from constant exposure to the sun and elements, except for a few splotches on his left brow and right jaw. He's got several scars criss-crossing his body, some new and some several years old.

His dark brown hair he keeps shaved in an undercut, and tends to grease back with oil and pin in place with a set of aviator goggles. It's patchily done at best, along with his facial hair, because you try shaving with a combat knife and no mirror and see how well you do with it.

His most defining feature, however, is the mechanical spine he's modified over the years to have sharpened iron ridges, which often results in torn shirts and a lot of sleeping on his stomach.

{PERSONALITY}

Big grumpy teddy bear. He has to be tough, and doesn't make threats idly, but when it comes down to loyalty, Iro sees it as a two way street. The loyalty of his crew is loyalty hard earned, and he returns that loyalty in kind. He doesn't take on just anyone, and to him, his crew is invaluable in their own right.

Fun Facts!:

• Is a madman for tea. He will absolutely fistfight the biggest meanest mofo out there for a good cup of tea.
  • Has absolutely taken on a nest of mutant lizards for his dog, and won.
  • Messes around with gun mods in his spare time, often resulting in some weird shit. Is also prone to naming each of his favourites, Marie, Camille, Angelique, etc..
  • Has an angry mutt named Dragonshit, who is a right pisser to anyone but Iro.

{SPECIAL ABILITIES}

None; he does his murders regular-like

{RELATIONSHIPS}

Artemisia, his 2nd in command, and as big and buff as he is.

Rest to be determined.

{HISTORY}

TBD

TIMELINE:

x

Ships and Factions / Aedolian Combat Squadrons
« Last post by GoblinFae on February 19, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
Aedolian Combat Squadrons

Interested in Joining a Squadron? Contact the Squad Commander with your character idea and they will get back to you shortly.

Adstreia Hellions - Doom and Gloom
Squad Commander: Grisham Alberich (Lion)
Squad Color: Black
Squad Headquarters: Malhame
Squad Function: Interstellar Assault and Defense

Amristah Angels - Abandon No One!
Squad Commander: Blu Moon (GoblinFae)
Squad Color: Purple
Squad Headquarters: Gan Eden
Squad Function: Combat Medic Field Surgeons

Apcintoch Alicantos - Grace Under Pressure
Squad Commander: Zeiss Pepper (Cinnabar)
Squad Color: Lavender with Silver
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function:

Aurora Cyclones -
Squad Commander: Aeron Holyfield (Lion)
Squad Color: Blue
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function:

Haviah Harpies -
Squad Commander: Isabel Kiers (nephero)
Squad Color: Red
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function: Combat Specialist Hard Corp

Havina Copperheads -
Squad Commander: Kallixtus Yandyrn (Nix)
Squad Color: Gold
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function: Reconnaissance

Margad Scorpions -
Squad Commander: Jacob Ladner (Nix)
Squad Color: Green
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function: Psychological Warfare

Ryun Ravens -
Squad Commander: Irial Ynnves (Astaire)
Squad Color: Black with Silver
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function: Stealth

Samariel Leviathans - Defend and Destroy
Squad Commander: Arane Pholcus (Cheesigator)
Squad Color: Teal
Squad Headquarters: Formosa
Squad Function: Water Resource Defense

Solarta Valkyries - Bringing the Thunder
Squad Commander: Yavul Hyakinthos (nephero)
Squad Color: Silver
Squad Headquarters: Valhalla
Squad Function:

Travica Titans - Hold the Line!
Squad Commander: Gregor Volk (Marakai2.0)
Squad Color: Maroon
Squad Headquarters:
Squad Function: Mechanized Emergency Defense
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10