Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A Sticky Situation [Lion]  (Read 456 times)

Offline GoblinFae

A Sticky Situation [Lion]
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:05:46 pm »
Celeste giggled as she saw the request for her shop address before quickly obliging. A few quick voice commands and her com sent it off for her. She continued to tug and knead the honey and flour mixture in front of her like taffy, completely unfazed by the bits that stuck to her skin in a gloopy mess. There was no time to stop and clean herself off even with company on the way. This was already her fourth attempt at making these candies. But, no matter how hard she tried it still wasn't coming out right.

She was no where near ready to give up though. If anything the previous failures only challenged her to think outside of the box and change tactics. Celeste threw her shoulder more into the kneading as the mixture began to cool and harden too fast for her to keep up. She shook her head, her body swaying as it keeled slightly to the left before she was able to correct her balance. It was so easy for her to forget about the heavy antlers that constantly would get tangled in all manner of things.

Nervously, Celeste paused and leaned away from her baking counter to catch her reflection in the mirror over the sink. Her bangs were a frizzy mess with some of them sticking to her forehead in odd angles thanks to sweat and honey and her high ponytail had certainly seen better days. Working all morning in a hot kitchen was doing her no favors. She smiled all the same though and shrugged. Hopefully she wouldn't scare "Maximov" off too badly with her appearance. She was a working girl after all.

The chime of her door jingled signaling a potential customer. "Welcome to Confectionately Yours!" she called out, hurrying to free her hands of honey and wipe them on a towel. "Just give me a moment and I'll be right with you!"

Offline Lion

Re: A Sticky Situation [Lion]
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:41:37 pm »
Meeting folks off the internet could be well...in a word, iffy.

Proteus thankfully didn't make a habit of it, but nothing really fazed the limited edition combat droid. Meeting strangers off the internet wasn't going to be even the worse thing he's ever done. And he'd done plenty of that for a few folks that'd been curious and had been looking for a good time. Yet there were so few good times that could be had that didn't involve ye olde slap n tickle that it almost became boring. Proteus liked to mix it up. He was a robot with a lot of time on his hands.

Fuck all, he needed something to do between jobs.

Proteus was in the area, though, with nothing to do. And his phone line had been light enough for the day that he had all day to kill. So when the invitation to come down and make some honeyed candies, he sure as shit wasn't about to pass up that opportunity.

"Confectionately Yours?" he mused, looking at the name of the ship, his blue retinas flicked and glowed as he furrowed his cubic brow and his grin twitched wider. "Okay that's pretty cute. Maybe a little too cute."  He chuckled and opened the door to the sweets shop.

He almost didn't fit through the door way, having to duck as he made his way to the front counter and rested an arm up on the glass, looking at all there was beneath the glass. If he had a rumbling stomach all of it would be absolutely delicious, no doubt.  Well, shit that was too bad.  Maybe later, when they were done.

"Hello, Bumble? You back there?" he murmured and looked out to what he assumed was the door to the kitchen. "Your knight in shining...plate metal has come to your service," he chuckled. Humans liked humor like that.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 03:20:15 pm »
"Max!" she called back excitedly, recognising his nickname for her. "I'm in the kitchen, come on back! Mind the latch on the counter door. It sticks a bit."

The confectionary was a lost cause, so she abandoned it in favour of picking her way around the long steel table coated in flour to greet her guest. Her kitchen was generally neat despite the organised chaos of flour and sugar scattered about the surface. The dusty, white powder also clung to her cheeks and the fabric of her floral apron making it look like she'd fought and lost a fight with a ghost.

The doe-eyed woman beamed with delight at being able to meet her new friend. The thought that this stranger could have unsavory intentions never even crossed her mind. As far as she was concerned, her door was always open and all were welcome who entered it. Her copper skin flushed though to take in the goliath figure in front of her that easily dwarfed her tiny frame. Even her antlers, decorated with bells and ribbon as they were didn't even come close to matching his height.

Celeste blinked and held out a hand invitingly to the droid. "Good to finally put a face to the name. I'm Celsete, but you can still call me Bumble if you want. Whatever makes you happy. Are you sure you're interested in helping? I'm afraid the honey candies are still proving to be as impossible as ever," she giggled warmly.

Offline Lion

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 01:05:14 pm »
She acted as if nothing was amiss. Nothing at all. There was something totally normal about the fact that a giant robot was standing in her doorway that she probably had this sort of company over every day. Proteus couldn't believe his very eyes. She welcomed him inside and that was that.

Well, shit he did offer to help her bake, didn't he?

And she, well, she clearly wasn't human at all. He went as far as to say that she was even cute.  Which she absolutely was. The little bells on her antlers and all. He was computer programming and little glowy cube bits, so of course, he absolutely wasn't hitting on her. But something about her welcoming demeanor and total trust was just adorable.

"I'm happiest with a RAD405 Rifle in hand, but we can't have everything, now can we," he mused as he stomped inside. He was lightfooted for a robot of his stature. He had to be in order to move silently, delicately. He was the first MDK model, specializing in killing of all kinds.

"Do you have some dough I can strangle or something? How does this baking thing work? Oh and I'm Proteus, dear. Forgive me for not introducing myself. But Max also works."  And he smiled at her.

And for once it was genuine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal