Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Music to ease the pain. (ZombieCzarian)  (Read 12255 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 06:25:32 am »
Ashley couldn't help but smile as she scurried off with his bundle of shoes under her arm. Giving a last sweep of the room to make sure he had everything, he followed her, looking like a walking pile of nap sacks, despite his hight. It was actually a fairly heavy load and it made walking a little difficult as they banged against his legs, but he didn't mind so much, but he figured he'd never manage to get back on the ship if he didn't keep up with Papillion, so he picked up his pace, glad anything remotely fragile was strapped securely to his back where it wouldn't be knocked around
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 08:16:18 am »
Sadly for Ashley, Papillion wasn't always the most observant of people and because her load wasn't very heavy and she could walk quickly, then of course everyone else could.

The only real thing he had going for him was Papillion's smoker lungs. And she did like to pause every so often, adjust her load to let her take a drag of her cigarette.

But eventually they managed to get to the ship and the Captain set her load down in the cargo, "You can pick any of the rooms. Except for the one with my stuff in it. You can't have that one. 'Cause its already mine."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 11:55:10 am »
Ashley was breathing hard by the time he got there. He'd spent the last rather long while in space and hadn't had to do much heavy lifting or running around while carrying heavy objects. "Okay" He said, turning to look through the rooms, not sure what he would find. Each ship had different kinds of berths, and in a ship with pinups all over the walls, there was no telling what he might encounter

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 12:41:09 pm »
And that was a pretty fair concern. Papillion didn't seem the type to do things normally. Though the ship seemed to be relatively normal other then the strange cosmetic changes the Captain made.

Down one hallway the walls were lined with four doors, each leading into the bunks. One door had a rather sultry alien woman just managing to be covered in a sheet on the door. Three guesses who had that room.

Two of the others were identical rooms. A bunk, a closet and a chest for things. There wasn't much extra space to do a whole lot in the rooms. The other one looked like it was made to hold more then one occupant. The bunk was large enough for two and there was a bit more space all around.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 08:20:32 pm »
Ashley chose one of the single rooms, mostly because he didn't much care for sharing rooms and if she ever got a full crew, that double berth was probably going to have two people in it-- and sharing a room became awkward when people realized the person they thought was a woman, was actually a man.

He dropped the majority of his bags on the bed. It was kind of nice to still be on the station now that he'd seen his room. There were a couple things he wanted to grab to allow him to modify the room slightly. He wasn't even sure he could get it on cancer, but it was something to consider.

Leaving the bags as they were, he came back out to grab the bundles Papillion had been carrying and add them to the pile before he found her again. "So what else do I need to know about this ship and my duties?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 09:46:22 pm »
The Captain was sitting in the bridge, smoking one cigarette while another dangled between her fingers. She was going over some star maps, planning a course. When Ashley entered she looked up, grinning, "Hello!"

The question made her pause, her nose wrinkling as she thought, "I don't know? Make sure she doesn't break down? And only I get to call her names. She gets upset when other people do."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 10:25:44 pm »
'I don't know' had not exactly been the answer he'd been looking for and the cautious side of him was telling him to run while he still could, but the other side of him knew this was probably his only chance to get into space again as himself.

"Okay. Do you mind if I see about getting a couple things for my room before we take off?" Now that he'd seen it, he had a better idea of what he needed to make his room comfortable and functional.

(sorry about the delay. I didn't expect to be gone from my computer all weekend)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 10:40:53 pm »
"Shopping? Papillion wants to go!" The captain jumped out of the chair, grinning, "I love shopping!"

Papillion wasn't always the most organized of people. And she had never had a crew before. But she was quite confident that she would figure out what she needed Ashley to do on the ship.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 06:04:49 am »
"Uh, sure" Ashley said, surprised but smiling. She was a lot of fun. Things were bound to stay interesting with her on board. "Alright, let's go then." Mostly, he needed several yards of fabric so he could essentually put pockets all over his walls to keep things in.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 08:57:08 am »
"Where shall we go?" Papillion put out on of her cigarette's on the ashtray resting on the counsel, but she kept the other one as she wrapped herself around Ashley's arm, grinning up at him, "What do you want to do with you room?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2008, 07:46:24 pm »
"Well, I was going to hang a big sheet covered in pouches on the walls so I'd have some extra storage and places to put my shoes and such." Ashley reasoned, heading for the exit. He wasn't exactly sure where he could go, but heading towards the shops seemed like a start. "Maybe make a little fabric shelf for the corners of the room-- kind of like a mini hammock for stuff."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2008, 09:02:42 pm »
"Ohhh. That sounds like fun. It will make everything very pretty." Papillion didn't have any more of any idea of where to go then Ashley did. But she was happy to trail after her, trying to keep up with the taller man's strides.

"You do have a lot of shoes. I likes shoes, but I can never seem to find any." Mostly because she tended to forget to look, "It must be nice being so tall. You can wear flats." Papillion didn't own any shoes with less then a two inch platform or heel on them.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2008, 06:10:46 am »
He shortened his stride to allow her to more easily keep up "yep, that's the idea. I'll have to see what colors they have." He glanced at her feet.

"I like shoes. The problem with being so tall is it's hard to find cool boots without a heel so high I run into the doorways" He grinned good naturedly "I do have a difficult time finding stockings though. They tend to make them small" He admitted.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2008, 09:11:37 am »
"I never have that problem. I just tend to have to find kid sizes." Papillion made a face, "And they really don't tend to have clothes that are child sized but room for adult breasts."

The captain grinned up at Ashley, "I don't know if I would want to be tall though. Must get cramped on ships."

Anonymous

Re: Music to ease the pain. (ZombieCzarian)
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 08:05:43 pm »
"Yep, they do certainly get cramped, especially depending on what species the ship is designed for." Ashley explained. "And no, I imagine most children's clothes wouldn't have room for breasts....do you sew at all?" That seemed a sensible solution. Sew your own clothes. It was how he largely managed to dress as well as he did. However, he had not managed to figure out how to make stockings yet and shoes were still problematic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 10:52:44 pm »
"What? Me, sew?" Papillion gave a short, barking laugh at that, "I can put a patch on well enough or fix a torn hem. Anything beyond that and yer asking for trouble."

The tiny woman grinned up at him, "Still, I bet it's nice to have such long legs. You can run fast and they must look great in heels and a short skirt." She reached over and patter Ashley lightly on the butt, "Mine just look stubby."

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2008, 01:43:12 pm »
Ashely laughed and smoothed his skirt down around his hips. "I like to think they look good, but maybe I'm vain" He teased "But maybe if we have down time and my room is finished, I can make a shirt for you or something if you want. I sew pretty well most of the time." He did like his long legs and his hight, even if it did make it a little harder to pass as a woman sometimes.

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2008, 02:03:43 pm »
The woman's eyes widened and a huge smile spread over her face, 'You can sew! This is the best day ever! I get to finally wear my hat and my mechanic can sew! Once there is shopping finished, this calls for more drinks!"

She had already had one at the bar earlier, but the awesomeness of her day demanded more worshiping of the God of Alcohol.

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2008, 07:51:20 pm »
Ashley raised a well groomed eyebrow and glanced down at her "Do you usually keep 'drinks' on your ship?" He could adapt of course, but he had to know what he was working with.

He finally caught sight of the shop he was looking for. The man could get just about anything a person needed with enough notice, but delt mainly with random items needed to repair everyday things: nuts, bolts, hinges, various engine parts, gaskets, bizzare looking do-hickies Ashley could only assume belonged in some non-humanoid's contraption. There were also buttons, zippers, suit latches, caulking, fabrics in weights from something akin to gauze all the way to something that reminded Ashley of armor. Maybe it was space armor. He had no idea, but he liked looking anyway.

He wandered over to the canvas weight. Sturdy, durable, but not too heavy to get a needle through a couple of layers by hand. "Papillion, how are your pictures attatched to your walls?"

Anonymous

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2008, 11:18:12 pm »
"I think there is a bottle of something that could strip paint on the ship. I want to get real drinks at a bar of some sort." The small woman gave Ashley that huge Cheshire cat smile again, "Don't worry. My treat. You just have to make me a pretty dress that fits my boobs."

The store easily distracted the woman. She browsed through it, poking and sifting through things. She was a scavenger by nature and liked to find odd things. And she was rather excited to go through the fabric, finally having a need too.

"Most of them are painted on. The rest are stuck up however was handy at the time. You can bolt things in if you want. As long as it wont mess the ship up."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal