Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Coffee, anyone? I make it the way you like it n_~!  (Read 604 times)

Anonymous

Coffee, anyone? I make it the way you like it n_~!
« on: July 01, 2008, 05:36:27 pm »
Alrighty.  I’ve got a character idea but I need some help placing her before I get started.   To explain her briefly her role is a part of Thanatos Inc. as a coffee/cafeteria sort of worker.  She makes the coffee, she brings the coffee (possibly snacks and other things as well).   What I need to decide is if she should be aboard TRIM and work in the main (possibly going to the other areas to serve what one would assume to be the scientists, I’m not sure how they would feel about a character like this serving the patients and if even such a thing would happen as it would be a security risk), or if she should be at the HQ.

Now TRIM could be interesting, but she wouldn’t really be able to explore or do much outside the facility I’m assuming.  I’d have to form some sort of relationship with the staff in order to achieve some sort of posting potency.  

In the case of HQ, she could go out into the city and involve herself with the general populace but I have no idea who she’d be serving there since there hasn’t been a single post in that area.  It could still be interesting if anyone has any plot ideas and potentially could find a place for the girl whose single skill is that of mixing and making drinks (and possibly those tasty tiny little sandwiches).  

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I hope it is okay to be posting here before posting a profile as I’m not going to be able to choose a location until –after- a bit of discussion with people working at Thanatos Inc. as those will be the people she works for/with.  Any additional information I can provide for better placement would be more than happily given, as well any extra info thought to be useful that could be given to me would also be good (I’ve given all the information sections on the site a look but clarification is always good.)

Thanks again people n-n.  And since this is the plotting board feel free to toss in some suggestions as to how she might get involved in some action –booyah!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

Re: Coffee, anyone? I make it the way you like it n_~!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:57:21 pm »
You could potentially get the best of both worlds. Zachary (the president of the company) just left HQ to visit TRIM. He could have heard what great coffee she makes and dragged her along with him to TRIM (It's just the type of thing he'd do). This would let you interact with everyone there, and when Zachary returns to HQ she would go back with him and mebbe by then there would be more characters there.

Or we could always come up with characters for her to interact with in the HQ if you'd rather get her started there right off. That place has been left pretty much untouched so it's open for development.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 07:20:28 pm »
Hmm.  That first option sounds like a good idea.  I haven't written how she got to work at Thanatos Inc.  Since you play Noel would it be arlight it maybe we made an arrangement.  I was thinking perhaps he once went out for coffee in the city and was served by Lola (a person who is both very pleasant and capable of making orgasmic coffee, sometimes literally) and was impressed enough to hire her on staff.  Just tossing this out there as an idea.  They don't need to be great friends but if Noel is the sort of guy he sounds to be and likes his coffee perfect it might work well to arrange this thing beforehand which would also help explain why she was brought up to TRIM (a place she would be eager to go out of curiosity).

I look forward to role-playing her reactions to such a place, although that might be a weird way to describe it since reaction might not be the proper term in this case (it might make more sense eventually when it is made apparent how Lola handles most problems).   If you've got any suggestions, questions so far suggest/ask away.  Otherwise, just let me know what you think of the idea and maybe I can get started soon n-n.

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:26:33 pm »
That sounds good to me. Zachary would be the type to be very particular about his coffee. x3

His thread in TRIM is open so you can toss her in there if you like.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:44:53 pm »
Really? SWEET!  I wasn't really sure where I was going to start.  It's pretty late where I am now so I'm not sure if I'll post tonight (likely read it at least), but I'll for sure post tomorrow n-n *is excited*.

edit - for purposes of play how does he like his coffee XD?

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:34 pm »
hmmmm....Zachary's favorite are double-shot Irish cream white chocolate lattes, 2% milk only, half an inch of foam, with whipped cream....when drinking drip brew he takes it black with two sugars.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:12:22 pm »
Pfft, childs play.  But still, very good taste XD.  So the thread you are speaking of is the one in the main where the last post was awhile ago if I'm correct c-c?  If it's still okay to reply and still good to go I'll be able to pull something together for tomorrow.  I'm off for tonight though.  So late @_@.  So tired.  God, I'm going to need to make myself some coffee tomorrow morning XD.

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:41:18 pm »
yup, the inspection thread P:

I've been neglecting it since that general area's kind slow atm.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:31 pm »
I dunno Tally, Trim has kinda perked up lately! Gotten kinda busy in there! With people doing things! Scientific things! Amazing!

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 10:07:59 pm »
Alrighty.  So read through everything.  I'm guessing Lola would ride in on that mango coloured spacecraft XD.   I also figure she'll be wearing bunny ears (she'll actually likely take it to the next step being as bubbly as she is.  Acting a bit like a bunny, perhaps a dab of pink on her nose and a little bunny tail, hoping about the main.).  As for getting her in there, I figure she has a beverage trolly with everything she needs to make various beverages.   She'll likely come up behind the two (I believe they're exploring Zachary's quaters, would it be alright for Lola to pop in from behind or perhaps play out some sort of odd interaction between her and the guards which may or may not be outside?).  

Also, I was wondering if she could have a nick name for Zachary.  Not Zach, but something else.  She's the sort of person that gives everyone a nick name (I was thinking in Zachary's case maybe Mr. Charming, I know, I know, sounds a bit bad but I actually thought of it after reading the 'char' part of his name).   Also, Shizzy, you're using Gwen right?  I was wondering if maybe you could tell me what kind of beverage she likes.  I want Lola to have a sort of 'sixth sense' in the way that she can somehow magically predict exactly what and how people like their drinks.   If she simply doesn't like drinks or you've got something better in mind just toss it out there n-n.  Just trying to come up with a good idea.  (Gwen will also be aquiring a nick name by the way, haven't decided yet, likely it will become something based upon an observation Lola makes at a random point).

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 10:35:53 pm »
Yesh, I play tha Gwen! Hm, well, the guards are both inside and outside so if she wants to interact with them she can. As for her favourite drink, she likes what can only be described as Hot Chocolate with mint, nutmeg, peppermint, cinnamon, a generous dollop of hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. *Sage nod* A very ancient and delicious drink.

Though be warned! She can tell if it's been created through a Synthesizer! She likes it old school, with real milk chocolate ingredients. Unless they don't make old school ingredients anymore, which I've never really been sure of. Have to ask Tally on that.

TALLY! Do they have farms and such or is it all artificially created food now?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal