Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Seekers and the Gospels  (Read 1031 times)

Anonymous

Seekers and the Gospels
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:09:07 pm »
Stuff is starting to get kind of exciting with the Gospels and the Seekers. Which is all awesomesuace for the people involved. It adds some fun spice to the game.

But I, and a few other peeps, think it might be a good idea to try and figure out a way to have some OOC communication between the groups so that Gospel events can be planned. Because it doesn't work very well to try and have the Gospels attempting to mess with the Pilots and the government and the Seekers trying to set them up when the Players can't discuss what is going on and some feasible limits and reactions. Just because the characters are Seekers and Gospels doesn't mean that Player's limits have suddenly gone out the window.

But, yeah. In a nut shell, we should all try brainstorming some ways we can make that happen without having to reveal who our Gospel babies are. Keep the chase going and all that loveliness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Seekers and the Gospels
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:27:30 pm »
Agreed!

I think there should be dialogue set up between both groups. The point here isn't winning or losing, it's about the thrill of the chase and creating a fun story. :3 For instance, I like how Gospels are PMing players asking them to participate in things--not only is it exciting, but it also gives the player a chance to say no.

Stay anonymous, folks, but also try and discuss plotty stuff with each other, yeah? :3 Of course, don't use that OOC stuff ICly--remember, this isn't about winning or losing. Always keep what you know separate from what your character has figured out for themselves.

In a nutshell, if you're thinking about outing someone's character...xD make sure to talk to the players about it first.

Especially in the case of Gospel characters, because if they are caught, really there are only two options: execution, or the player will have to find a creative way to get them the heck out of there, which would be hard. Either way, once a character is outed as a Gospel, the player won't really be able to play them with the other Pilots (I mean, depending on the evidence and the results of the hearing--just because a character is charged doesn't necessarily mean they'll be convicted), so it may disrupt plots they have going or things they still want to do in Aedolis.

At the same time, if you're playing a Gospel character, don't take advantage of this and use it to claim immunity. P:

Basically, just be considerate. ^_^ And I encourage discussion! Mystery is fun, but if it's going to directly affect a particular character, a heads up is a good idea.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:31:42 pm »
As a note.

If we who play Seekers are expected to react, as I assume we are, it would be nice to have some sort of OOC dialogue with the gospels. I like how it's spontaneous and unexpected, and I don't know about everyone else, but I can barely keep up.

With the thing with Alaina I got a nice dialogue going about what Marshal would know and such which was really useful and I'd like to see happen more often.

I think that the gospels should, when they think it's appropriate, talk to us who would be involved in the plot just like their players would if planning a plot with any other characters in it, ie informing players who will be affected.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:33:55 pm »
We'd have to find a way to set up the dialogue without knowing who some of the people were who are talking about it. That presents an interesting problem because if we know who plays the Gospel it'll be much easier to narrow down who the Pilot would be. I suppose they could use the accounts they had set up for the Gospel board, but I'm not sure how well that would work or not.

I agree on the point of the dialogue between the groups for sure. It'll make the game a little more fluid and we won't have to dance around each other quite as much with how things work, and who's where ect.

Plus it will be MUCH easier to plan out plots.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 11:35:23 pm »
That is exactly the idea behind this. To help facilitate plotting between the two. Because otherwise there is the awkward risk of power playing other characters, both Gospels and Seekers.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:56:22 pm »
Codekitsune, I think the point is the Gospels can contact Seekers via their Gospel accounts.  Thus there won't be a breach of secrecy.

And I agree with everything that has been said.

Are we saying that the Gospel players should tell the Seeker players everything they are planning?

I think that might be going a bit too far. I think the surprise is a lot of fun.

Here is something I thought of: I think the Seekers should take some more initiative with Gospel catching and compromising.  Why don't we lay out some plots, rather than simply reacting, sometime in the future?  Probably not now XD too much going on.

As is it's mostly the Seekers playing catch-up, I agree.  And I also think we'll have time for this as Gospel activity slows down--which it will, I am sure.

After all, if Gospels are thinking ICly, it wouldn't be realistic for there to be constant activity--the risk of getting caught would go way up.  Thus I think it will slow down, Choco, if they are keeping to realistic standards.

EDIT:  Another idea.  Why not have periodic MSN chats between Seekers and Gospels?  I know some Gospels have accounts (well, Keeper did XD).

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:59:39 pm »
That would make sense for them to slow down. Oh I see Sam! I thought they meant discussing on a board or something. *face palm*

I agree on not telling everything for sure, that would really ruin part of the fun. Hopefully we can catch the Seekers up to where they need to be and the Gospels can start plotting with the people who play Seekers.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:05:07 am »
Oooh, or maybe there could be a group etherpad for Seekers and Gospels? Since it may be hard to coordinate MSN times. :3

And no, no need to tell everything! Secrets ARE fun! The only thing I think should be told is where it involves a specific character.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 12:07:58 am »
Etherpads show IP addresses when people are logged on... that may not work for everyone.

I know another program, though, that may work.  

https://buzzword.acrobat.com/#o

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 05:17:39 am »
Good point about the etherpad, but keep in mind that email registration, especially on an Adobe site like Buzzword, may not work for everyone either.

Anyone tried this out?

Gobby Text Editor (Download Page)

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:37:10 am »
Does that exist for Macs?  I can't seem to make head or tail of the thing.

As for Adobe, can't you just register with a new email?

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:51 pm »
Sorry for the OOC post.

I just wanted to make a brief comment on the 'memory upload' thread I just posted (click).  I'd found myself wanting to play out a Gospel mission somehow, and I figured a 'memory upload,' with identifying information wiped clean, was a good idea.  I think other Gospels have been wanting to play out missions, too, so, well, here's one method of getting it done.

If a Seeker, the Imperial, or some other sharp-eyed Pilot sees something on it that might get noticed IC (more posts in the thread are forthcoming), get to me and I'll be totaly willing to work with you.

There is just one thing to bear in mind: no one can read the file IC without my permission, even if you have a Gospel account.

Thanks for your patience with the OOC interruption.

-C

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal