Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: N00b alert!  (Read 339 times)

Anonymous

N00b alert!
« on: May 20, 2009, 12:09:54 pm »
'Allo there. <333

After doing a bit of prodding around RPG-Directory, I stumbled across RotE. And it was love at first site (cheesy pun completely intended). It's really refreshing to see a board that values writing and character development over plot pages and how 'hott' your PB is.

Anyway, I think I still have some lurking to do before I hop into the game, but I already have an Edanith Mage in mind. I'd absolutely love to find him a Mordecai to RP with on a regular basis, so if you're interested, post here or shoot me a PM. ^^

Thanks for reading through my lame introduction. Hope to RP with all of you soon!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: N00b alert!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:33:42 pm »
Hey Roisin!

Lame introduction? I think a lot of us can relate... truth told, there aren't a lot of RP boards out there anymore that attract longer posts, and the ones that do are about werewolves and foxes. At some point, people discovered that writing ceiling tea and pie into a cyberpunk apocalypse was also fun and less of a niche, and RotE was born.

I don't have a Mordecai character at the moment, but best of luck and welcome to the board!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:04:17 pm »
Hello and welcome!

Oooh well, perhaps your mage and my mage can meet up some time in the future. :) Don't be scared to throw yourself out there, I know I'm not the only one who will bite as fast as possible.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:29:13 pm »
Haha. After Twilight and every other movie coming out now being about vampires, I've had quite enough of werewolves and the like. Cyberpunk apocalypses FTW!

Thank you Black Hawk. I would love for our Mages to meet up soon. They can have an epic Mage off. =D

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 02:50:46 pm »
Welcome, Roisin!  I like you already.  It must be your taste in boards. :P  This really is one of the great ones, and the atmosphere is a sort of lovely mix of quirk and rollicking, occasionally dark, often affecting drama.  And now we have IC fanfiction.

I'm Sam.  

I've got a few Edanis, actually--man, I've been hoping we'd get more!  

Mine include: Cyra (sort of), Siraz, and Rafe (though he's entirely undeveloped).  I will say that it's historically been a little hard for two players to play a Mage/Mordecai pair; the threads that're just about the Mage and the Mordecai seem to wind up dead-ending.  The military hospital's been looking promising, though, and I have an NPC Mordecai there, too.  

Hm.  I'd give it a try if you hit me up to talk things through.  Assuming, naturally, you'd be inclined to play with me.  ^^  Anyway!  Welcome to RotE.  Enjoy your stay.  Please keep your seat in its full upright and locked position.  Pie is located in a small niche to your left; cake to your right.  In the event of an unforeseen prank (hair dye, ceiling tea, or bowl banditry), merely press the small button marked 'nuclear apocalypse' and someone will be by to assist you.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:49:55 pm »
Sam I love you more all the time. But passed my adoration for Sammy-poo...

HELLO THERE!

Welcome to RotE. I hope you enjoy yourself hugely here! I have a mage I haven't played with much. No mordecai as of yet though ^_^. But yes Welcome to RotE watch out for sledgehammers, scorpion tails, dragons, and of course: toe socks.

EDIT: I also am in love with your avy <3

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:56:12 pm »
Oooo *claps in awe* Well put everyone. Now it's time for my meager welcome...

Hi there Roisin! I certainly look forward to RPing with you, as I've got two characters in Edanith. A mage and his Mordecai. err, well, vice versa I suppose ^^;. I like having the  RotE is awesome. I've only been here a bit myself, but from what i have seen It kick major arse. I'll be seeing you around. Can't wait to see your character ^_^ See you around

btw, Love your avi XD. Even more reason to love Beauty and the Beast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal