Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend (closed)  (Read 3716 times)

Anonymous

Re: Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 10:12:36 am »
Tetroneaque looked so happy at what she said it was almost comical.  His tails immediately went to wagging at hyper speed, and had he been a few years younger he may have very well pounced upon her and licked her on the face.  He did manage to restrain himself though, simply hugging her again.

"Oh thank you!  You won't regret this, I promise!  But how do you intend to get my Fury back?  It's not really a ship, more of an all-terrain exploratory vehicle with self defense systems.  Plus, when I last saw it the technicians of Edanith were trying, and failing, to get inside it.  If they have any brains at all they'll have surrounded the area with armed guards to prevent anyone else from getting near it and accidentally hurting themselves."  Tetroneaque stated.

"But I'll trust in your judgment on this matter.  If you say you can reacquire my vehicle then I believe you.  You did rescue me from those awful TRIM people... how did you manage that anyway?"  He asked, not curious on that subject.  It was possible this ship had some impressive weapons on it or something, but since it was so much smaller than the TRIM vessel he wondered why they hadn't had the weapons to disable her ship first.  Of course he was still thinking in terms of his own race's ships and it hadn't even occurred to him that she may have simply blasted the ship with her magic.

Tetroneaque suddenly realized that he was hugging her... and he was still technically nude.  He back off a step and looked down at his feet.
"S-sorry about that."  He said apologetically.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 10:27:04 am »
“It’s alright,” Nastusia said laughing when he let go.

He certainly was an excitable fellow but rather sweet as well.

“As for how I took down the TRIM ship, I just used my magic, it wasn’t that hard really,” she explained, “That’s how I’ll get the Fury back for you, I’ll probably be a little less violent about this time.”

She rose from her seat and stuck her head into the control room, “Auto pilot, new course, Planet Mars, Location Tynova.”

There, all sorted. She’d stop it just before they reached it however. Letting the auto-pilot take them straight into danger was a bad idea she’d pilot it herself to avoid all of their ships in the atmosphere. Her ship only had a very weak cannon as weapon but it didn’t matter when she was one herself.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 10:45:04 am »
Tetroneaque was even more in awe of her when she stated that she had simply disabled the enemy ship with her magic.  Only the Council of Nine were that powerful back where he had come from, surely someone like that must be some great leader here!  He followed her toward the cockpit when she left the kitchen and then listened to her speak some more.  He didn't understand what she told the ship's computer, as she switched back to the language the human's used, but he kind of got the gist that she was going to get his Fury back.

"It occurs to me that I'll need to learn the language used in this galaxy."  Tetroneaque stated rather bluntly.  He knew it would probably take some time, but maybe if Nastusia was as powerful as she claimed to be (which he believed) and willing to, she could probably teach him easily.

"Since the Fury is more of a ground only vehicle,"  Tetroneaque began, though this wasn't really the case as the Fury was capable of traveling underground oversea and beneath the waves just as easily, "I might be able to cannibalize many of the parts on it for your ship.  I really won't have need of the vehicle itself except for parts anyway, as the data crystal is the only thing of real value in it to me, thus I could modify the weapons a bit... maybe convert the generator and sheilding..."  Tetroneaque seemed to be lost in his own little world now figuring how he would upgrade Nastusia's ship for her with his own tech.  It was a very fun idea to the little Kitsune, now he simply couldn't wait for the chance to do so.

"Oh, I'll soup this thing up for you and make it one of, if not THE greatest ship in this galaxy!  With your permission of course Captain Nastusia."  He added a bit sheepishly.  He knew if he was going to be her mechanic that she was the captain, he might as well start calling her captain.  Unless she didn't want him to.  Well, he'd do it till she said otherwise.  He let out a barking laugh then.

"I just realized this, but I think I just became your ships first mate as well as mechanic."  He said laughing.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 10:56:53 am »
“Captain?” she laughed, “I must say I like the sound of that. You don’t have to call me it if you don’t want to though.”

She liked the sound of him upgrading the ship, sure she had enough magic to be the weapons and create shields herself but if the ship could do it anyway it would save some hassle.

“Very well then, you can make the ship the best if the galaxy is you so desire, it will certainly give me a lot bragging rights, First Mate Tetro!...Oh sorry you don’t mind if I call you Tetro do you, it’s just Tetroneaque is a bit of a mouthful especially in human speech.”

It sounded as though he wanted her to teach him some common but she’d never taught another language to someone before. She could pick them up easily enough but teaching them was another matter. Perhaps she could use her psychic abilities to help a little though.

“Do you know any human words yet?” she asked, “My name sounds like ‘Nastusia’ in human speech.”

She doubted it could be said as it actually sounded by a kitsune ‘Nastusia’ didn’t really lend itself to barks and growls.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 11:08:07 am »
"Tetro is fine!"  Tetroneaque said, not minding it at all.  He was smiling still, even wider now that she had pretty much given him free reign to tinker with the ship.  He was already toying with the various ways he might integrate his own technology with that of this ship.  It would be a totally new experience, and probably a lot of fun as long as he didn't blow himself up.  He snapped out of his little daydream when Nastusia started to talk again.

"Well I learned two people's names back at Edanith.  Neve and Eve... though I don't think I pronounce them quite right in their language."  He admitted his ignorance about the human tongue, but it seemed Captain Nastusia was willing to help him learn.

When she said her own name in the human tongue he listened closely, watching her mouth form the word and judging the pitch and tone.  He gave it a try but it came out sounding more like a sneeze than anything else.  His mouth was just too differently shaped to properly form the word correctly.

"I don't know if my kind can master this language..."  He said with a little frustrated frown but was willing to keep trying at it.  He repeated her name over and over, each time improving just a little bit.  He looked hilarious the way he was screwing up his face in an attempt to form the word properly, almost like a dog with peanut butter stuck on it's gums.  After about the fiftieth try though the managed to say something that sounded like her name.

"Nastusiar."  It had a little growling 'r' sound at the end but other than that it was nearly perfect.  His face lit up with a grin at his small accomplishment.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 11:43:58 am »
“Neve and Eve,” she laughed, “Oh my, that is awesome. That would be even funnier if it was a mage and mordecai duo.”

Neve and Eve, it sounded like an unfortunate pair of twins. She found it funny that he made the effort to pronounce her name, she hadn’t intended him to, she would have probably got him to say ‘Nas’ or ‘Naz’ or something like that. But if he wanted to try she wasn’t going to stop him, and he actually got quite close.

“I imagine human language is quite difficult to learn for Kitsunes, you just can’t produce the right sounds. It’s the same the other round though; I imagine my kitsune has a very strong accent to it.”

[OOC For reference Nastusia is pronounced 'nas-stu-zha' my brother tried to pronounce it and said 'nas-stu-see-ah' which is wrong >.<]

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 11:53:16 am »
"They were a mage and mordecai pair though..."  Tetroneaque said, not really finding the humor behind it.  It was kind of hard to laugh at something like slavery of another sentient being, and to have someone forcing another to use their magic against their will seemed close to rape in his opinion.

"Eve was the one being used, the mage of the pair.  She seemed nice enough... Neve was rather mean though.  How can any society prosper under such barbaric customs?  Why punish someone for being different?  It's the differences that make beings special in their own way."  Tetroneaque stated.  He shook his head, he just didn't understand why a civilization would do such a thing but there had to be some reason they would.  People didn't usually just do evil for the sake of evil, in fact people rarely did things they considered to be evil themselves.  Yet those that did evil in the name of good were the most dangerous of all, and that's what Tetroneaque thought of the people of Edanith.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 12:03:14 pm »
“Ah, I see,” Nastusia replied.

She felt a little bad at laughing at their names but what were the chances of a mage and their mordecai’s name rhyming?

“People are afraid of what is different. Edanith doesn’t have slavery in its military like it does because it hates the mages, but because the people fear them.”

She sat back down at the table, “Edanith was once a country called Connlaoth, and they feared mages as well. The Mordecai then were slightly different, instead of controlling magic they just blocked it. There wasn’t government endorsed slavery of mages then. Instead they were just killed. Make your own judgement as to which is worse.”

Sighing, she continued, “On Earth, in Aedolis specifically, psychics are forced into the military, they are enslaved as well. It’s just the way of things. I have lived a long time and things rarely change as much as they appear to…I’m sorry if I seem a little insensitive towards it all, I have seen a lot after all. I’m just a grumbling old woman at times complaining about the ‘youth of today’.”

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:40 pm »
Tetroneaque cocked his head to one side for a moment and thought about what Nastusia had said.  Back where he came from every Kitsune had psychic and mage like powers, and they only got stronger with age.  Yet since everyone had those powers, no one thought about them that much because there was really no way one might abuse them.

"It kind of makes sense in a morbid sort of way.  I guess that means I can't go to either side for help.  On one hand I have magic, thus Edanith will hate and fear me as I've already witnessed first hand... even though I didn't do anything to them...  Then on the other hand these Aedolis people would want me because of my pyschic abilities, even if they're not particularly strong abilities."  Tetroneaque let out a sigh at that thought.  It seemed this galaxy was utterly insane, with a few glimmers of hope floating about like Nastusia.

"I guess I'm even more fortunate than I thought that I met you then.  You seem like the only person that won't turn me over to be dissected and studied."  He said, managing a small shy smile at that.

"All the more reason to do anything I can to help you then."  He said perking back up.

"I don't know if this matters to you or anything, but one such as you would be highly respected among my kind."  He stated and meant every word of it.  Not just because she had lots of experience and knowledge she might share, but also because she was compassionate toward others in need and could see the injustice of what Edanith and Aedolis were doing.  They may have tried to justify their enslavement of those with magical or psychic gifts, but in the end he was sure they were wrong no matter the reason why.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 12:44:47 pm »
Nastusia sighed, “I have some psychic ability and magic as well. And on top of that I caused a lot of trouble for TRIM. I am wanted by the world’s three major powers. They haven’t caught me yet though and I don’t intend them to.”

“I’m not the only good person in the galaxy, in this area of the universe we have a saying ‘The stars shine brightest when the night is darkest’. Yes there is evil but there is also good, there are many who fight against the injustices. In Aedolis some of its psychics are spies working within the government to stop the oppression of its people. And there are many groups in Edanith that are fighting for the mages’ freedom.”

She had ties to all the major countries and settlements in the galaxy and she often saw people who would certainly count as stars shining amongst the darkness. There was Keir for one as well as her Gospel contact and Dier who had once worked for TRIM but realised the wrong they were doing.

“If you stay in this galaxy long enough I’m sure you will find more people like me.”

Tetro had suggested amongst his kind that she would be respected. When she had been an information dealer, she traded to pirates but they did respect her for her knowledge and experience. With governments and law abiding people in general however she wasn’t often taken seriously.

“In human terms I look physically age 12, still a child. Not many people take me seriously because of that. And immortals tend to have a bad reputation, they’re generally considered eccentric…”

[OOC Yay I used RotE's motto!]

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 12:57:33 pm »
"I see how that might be a problem.  Among my kind we sprout new tails as we grow older so we are always quite sure around how old one of our own is.  I guess I just took that for granted..."  He said musing over what she said.  Of course he didn't care how old she looked or if she was immortal.

"Anyway, you're probably right.  I've only been in this galaxy a few days.  I suppose I just let my terrible experiences with Edanith and TRIM sour my outlook a bit, though what she told me certainly doesn't make this area seem like a great place to live if you excuse me saying so."  He added with a wry chuckle.  It was good that she knew others who weren't helping to enslave the magical and physic population.

"So after we reacquire the Fury, what are our plans Captain?"  He really wanted to know, as the way things sounded they may have to spend quite some time on the little ship.  Earth and Mars both certainly sounded dangerous to him, but he had a feeling the Captain had many tricks up her sleeve to help them.  After all, one didn't live for eternity without learning a thing or two, right?

Tetroneaque's ears perked as he heard a little ringing sound near the bathroom.  He quickly padded over to investigate the sound, after all a mechanic needed to know a ship inside and out if they wanted to be any good at their job.  He discovered his garments cleaned and neatly folded on a shelf near the shoot he had placed them in earlier.  He quickly dressed, putting his shirt, lab coat, and pants back on.  They smelled nice now, like a warm summer day.  He also took the time to go into the bathroom and grab his exo-suit control glove and put it on his left hand once again.

That done he went back to the cockpit to speak some more with the Captain.

"So Captain,"  he liked saying it to be truthful, "what's the plan?  I don't really want to hurt anyone if we can avoid it."

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 01:07:30 pm »
“After we get the Fury back? Hmm…don’t know,” she said shrugging, “I tend to work on the spur of the moment. As for plans in regard to getting the Fury back, well you can come with me I suppose, and won’t have to hurt anyone. I was just going to stun people anyway. I think I’ve caused enough destruction for today.”

After they retrieved it, then it would be get the hell away and then probably sleep, it would be late by then. But plans for the next day, she’d think about later.

“We’ve probably got a couple of hours before we enter Mars’ atmosphere so until then, you’re free to do whatever you wish. I need to work out a landing area for the ship and a route to take to get to your vehicle.”

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 01:22:14 pm »
"Well the vehicle should be easy enough to find.  I doubt they've managed to find a way to move it without triggering it's defense mechanisms, so it should be right where I parked it... at the main entrance of Edanith's capital city.  I think they called it Tynova?"  He started feeling a bit nervous about heading back to the place that had arrested him for simply being a Kitsune.  Though he would have loved to see the look on Neve's face when they came and took back the Fury.

"I guess I'll leave you to your work and explore the ship a bit if that's all right."  She didn't say no so he left the cockpit and started to explore a bit.  He'd already seen the kitchen and the bathroom so he skipped those.  He found a door that didn't seem to have any warning on it so he opened it.  Inside was a small room that was mostly empty except for some bare furnishings which seemed like a bed of sorts and a few other pieces.  Nothing of real interest there so he went to the next door.

Inside was another room much the same as the first.  He guessed these were where the ship's crew would sleep... if it had a larger crew.  There seemed to be five such doors.  He entered one and it was actually rather nicely furnished.

This must be the Captain's room.  He quickly closed the door without disturbing anything in there.

I guess I should pick myself out a room since I'm part of the crew now...right?  He mentally questioned himself.  It seemed a logical thing to do.  With a shrug he opened the door next to the Captain's.  It was much the same as the earlier barely furnished rooms.  He closed the door behind him then.

"I hereby claim this room in the name of first-mate Tetroneaque, chief mechanic of the... the...  wait a sec.  Does this ship even have a name?  I better ask the Captain."  He left his newly claimed room and padded back toward the cockpit.

"Excuse me Captain.  What is the name of this ship?"  It seemed like a stupid question, but he really wanted to know.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 01:42:53 pm »
When Tetro went off to explore the rest of the ship, Nastusia brought up a map of Edanith on the ship’s computer than zoomed in to the Tynova area. And low and behold an unusual looking craft, which she could only assume to be the Fury, was parked as Tetro had said not far from the entrance to the city. The map she was using was updated regularly by hacking into Edanith’s satellites. The map she was looking at was only a couple of hours old.

Hmm…there was a cliff off sorts not too far away, they could park a ways back from its edge, float down then it was a straight run to the craft. Getting back would be the tricky part but that was what the auto-pilot and the remote controls were for. She could call the ship to them when they were ready.

Alternatively she could park the ship right next to the Fury and use her magic to block it. That would be bolder…Well she always liked bold.

“Excuse me Captain. What is the name of this ship?”

“Huh?” Nastusia said, broken from her musings, “Oh it’s…”

A ship needed a name…but what to call it? Maybe she should name it something meaningful to her and her new first mate…Wait! She had the perfect name!

“It’s called the Vulpecula.”

[OOC Wiki 'Vulpecula' to discover my genius ^^]

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »
Tetroneaque's smile dominated his face at the mention of the ship's name.  He found it oddly reassuring somehow, and it had a really nice ring to it even in his language.

"I love it!"  He declared with a happy yip and much wagging of tails.  If he had any doubts about how well he'd get along with the Captain, they pretty much vanished at that point...not that he had any doubts to begin with.

"By the way, I'll be sleeping in the room next to yours if that's okay with you Captain."  He stated and went to take a little nap before they arrived.  He had been in and out of consiousness the whole time with TRIM's scientists, but he had not had anything near what one might call 'a good night's sleep'.

"Just wake me when we get there.  I want to make sure the sonic disruptors or gravity cannons don't accidentally go off while we load the Fury.  While you might be immortal I don't have such luck."  He added with a chuckle which turned into a yawn.  He padded down the hall and toward his room and went inside.

This room could really use a few homey touches...  oh well, at least it has a bed.  He thought and plopped down on the bed.  He disrobed and placed his garments on the one chair in the room, placing the chair next to his bed.  His glove he set on top of the little side table by the bed.  It seemed an odd sleeping arrangement with the way the bed was shaped, but it would do for now.

He made the covers into a sort of nest and curled up in the middle, propping his chin on the pillow.  His tails curled around him like an over sized cat, and in no time at all he was snoring quite contentedly.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 02:26:04 pm »
Nastusia was glad Tetro liked the name, it just seemed fitting what with their talk of stars earlier and Tetro being a fox. No-one really cared for constellations any more but the medieval world certainly had.

Nastusia went to the room Tetro had chosen and knocked, “I’m going to turn off the auto-pilot in a minute because we’re almost there.”

If he didn’t hear, she’d have to use the intercom but hopefully he would. She headed into the control room and sat in the pilots chair before turning the auto-pilot off. Space travel had been around a while now and being immortal she had had plenty of practice and was a pretty good pilot. There had been space travel around when she was a lot younger but they didn’t let children into space then.

She headed straight towards Mars, through an area she knew didn’t have any ships to stop her. They’d fly across the surface to the Tynova area.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 02:40:36 pm »
Tetroneaque's ears shot up to attention as he heard the knock on his door and the Captain informing him they were near their destination.  He let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes a little as he sat up.

"A nice nap, I just wish it could have been a bit longer."  He said to himself as he stretched a little and hopped out of bed.  He dressed quickly, placing his very special glove on last.  Within the minute he was awake and ready, and already going toward the control room to find the Captain.

"I'm ready for whatever you're planning Captain."  He stated happily.  Though he really wasn't one for action most of the time it was going to feel good to be able to get his property back from those that would use it for evil.  He watched in fascination as Nastusia expertly piloted the Vulpecula toward Mars.  For some reason the planet reminded him of nothing so much as a giant mote of rust.

"How long have they been on Mars?  It seems like they have a lot of terraforming left to do.  Odd... we usually have the planet totally terraformed before we move any significant population to a planet."  He mentioned, just thinking out loud.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 05:33:29 am »
“There have been people on Mars a few hundred years now, but as you said they’re still terra forming. Humans originate from Earth but it started dying, some remained but most chose to leave. They didn’t have time to wait till it was completely habitable.  

She piloted the ship over the barren surface until Tynova was on the horizon.

“Since you’re my first mate Tetro, what do you want to do? I could land the ship on the nearby cliff and we climb or float down or I could just park it next to the Fury and place a barrier on it. What do you think?”

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 08:46:13 am »
"They've been there a few hundred years and that's all they've done???  It usually only takes three or four standard Kitsune years to totally turn a barren chunk of rock into a lush hospitable planet... why does it take them so long?"  He wondered out loud and then turned his attention toward the Captain's question.

Tetroneaque thought about the choices for a moment, looking at the display of the area that the Captain was showing him.  He took the lay of the terrain into account, his average running speed, and several other factors added to the equation.  After pondering on it for a few moments the best plan easily presented itself.

"Well, if you're sure you can create a barrier large enough to cover the Vulpecula and the Fury simultaneously then I would suggest we get in as close as possible so I can simply board the Fury and take it into the Vulpecula's cargo hold.  Even if they have soldiers near the Fury my exo-suit will protect me quite well until I can board it.  Don't worry about the size of the Fury, it's legs are capable of retracting into themselves a bit to help it fit into tight spaces."  Tetroneaque paused a moment considering the plan.

"Once I'm inside the Fury you won't need to worry about it as I can then activate all of it's shielding.  From what I've seen the Edanith weapons and mages will have little effect on it once the shields are up and running.  Once it's secure in the cargo hold we simply take off as fast as we can and no one need take even a bruise."  It was a sound plan but it all hinged on the Captain being as powerful a magic user as she claimed to be.  He didn't have any doubts about that though.  After all, he had no reason to doubt her.

"This plan is the most likely to succeed even though it brings us into direct confrontation with the enemy as we are exposed the least amount of time.  If we landed and went on foot we might run across unsuspected patrols, sensor arrays, or accidentally trip an alarm allowing them time to muster a larger force to confront us or perhaps even destroy the Fury.  Needless to say this would most likely cause us, well you, to harm them in some way to keep us safe.  I currently have no weapons and my magic is not really something I could use for combat."  While Tetroneaque may have had difficulty in social situations and with knowing when people were telling him the truth or not, he was however an excellent strategist when given the opportunity.  As back on his home world he had spent a lot of time studying history and battles so he could create better weapons and defenses for the different tasks.  Not to mention all the war games he'd played over the years.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 09:05:55 am »
“I think you’re being a little unfair on them,” Nastusia replied in regard to the years that Mars had been terra-forming, “Kitsune years probably differ from humans years and it seems as if you race has much more advanced technology. Humanity has a tendency of destroying itself and ending back at square one.”

“Creating a big enough barrier should be easy though; I could create one to cover the entire planet if I wanted. That sound’s like a good plan though. Let’s go.”

She accelerated and began descending so they roughly land a few feet away from the Fury. As she expected they were spotted and immediately the Edanithis began firing at them. That was easily taken care of, she put a barrier up and the bullets and spells simply turned to dust on impact.

Then she began the descent causing many of the scientists around the Fury to flee in terror. As the ship hit the ground she turned it, placing it exactly 2 metres away from the Fury. Then she expanded the barrier.

“Okay then, Tetro,” she laughed, “Ready?

[OOC Suckage and Fail >.<]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal