Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nitrogen-Based Discipline (mdu)  (Read 3964 times)

Anonymous

Re: Nitrogen-Based Discipline (mdu)
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:48 am »
((OOC: I meant in terms of skipping time, and how much of the recuperation period we should do before the fun stuff starts again.))

Later in the evening, Tetra came back into the surgery room to check on the mage. He was fast asleep, and Tetra didn't want to interrupt his recuperation, so he just sat in the room until the mage woke up, nearly falling asleep a few times himself. Some weeks, I really wish I had more to do. Clearing my schedule for the week was right up there with "start testing early" on the list of Things Tetra Shouldn't Have Done. At length, he did awaken, and Tetra stood up and rubbed his eyes. "So, how are you feeling? You should be halfway healed, by now."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 04:19:05 am »
OOC: Feel free to jump whenever you think you should, you're the mistress of this thread. I'm trying something a little different in this post, more to how 102379 really thinks of himself. I'll go back to normal next post.

Mage No. 102379 opened its eyes and cringed at the sight of its master. In the inferior way that mage's felt emotion, the mage felt guilty. It realised its error and hung its head down. This position made it easier for its master to strike it across the back of the neck, if that is what its master wished. It apologised for its behaviour and listened to its master's orders.

The mage opened its mouth to say it was fine. Using its inferior thinking abilities, it then realised that it had upset its master when it had said such a thing. Its master did not call on it to be social. 'My symptoms have subsided, sir,' it said. 'Thank you, sir.'

The mage felt ashamed of its mangled body and pulled the bed linen closer around itself. It could feel its master watching it. If its will to obey had been any weaker, it would have crawled into a corner and cowered, such was its fear of this and previous masters. To the mage, its whole life was an abomination and its only purpose was to obey and be diceplined.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 11:42:56 am »
((OOC: That's actually kinda cool. I'll skip through the recuperation stage.))

"That's good, then," replied Tetra tiredly. "Hopefully that means you'll be well enough tomorrow to eat regular food." He would have brought up the fact that other people needed the surgery room, but that would have elicited another unwanted apology. He already understands that he's a burden to the world... now he just needs to lighten up about it. Not that his master would appreciate that as much as he should. He's probably one of those insecure, overbearing dominant types.

He stood up and watched the mage, who clutched at the sheet he had been given, trying to cover himself. "You're certainly a pitiful being. I've always thought mages are." He crossed his arms. "However, I haven't hit you yet, and probably won't unless you try to start a fight, or escape, or deliberately knock things over." He thought of Mae's most recent subject, a few hallways over. "I've dealt with much worse than you."

Tetra walked to the door and opened it. "Tomorrow morning, after you wake up, you will be taken back to your cell. For now, go back to sleep." He exited to his dormitory, too exhausted to work on anything.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 09:39:28 pm »
102379 apologised once for being pitiful and thanked his master for not hitting him. He then relaxed as his master left the room, again confused as to why he hadn't been beaten yet. He curled up and tried to get back to sleep. He had to sleep; it was his master's wish so he had to obey.

It took him only a short time to fall asleep. His previous master had always been paranoid and drugged him to sleep. Even if it hadn't have worked 102379 would have been too scared to not fall asleep as ordered.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 10:44:41 pm »
A few weeks later, Tetra walked down the hall from his office to the mage's cell. His health had improved over the given recuperation period, due in part to increased food portions and—dare I think it?—better living conditions, and in part to the fact that Tetra had ordered the mage to heal properly. Well-being is at least fifty percent mental, thought Tetra wryly. More so for an Edanith mage. He carried the same set of supplies as he had the first time he'd gone in, along with a pleasant smile and a better knowledge of how best to manipulate his subject's emotions. He's been such a docile subject, too. I hope this works.

He opened the door to the cell and was greeted by the mage's customary salute. "Good afternoon. I trust you've been dreading today." He set his things down on the table next to the sink. "Well, you shouldn't. It'll definitely be less intense than the first time." He was half talking to himself as he readied the syringe and hypodermic needle. "Now you're better-equipped to handle it, hopefully. Unless I'm a complete failure, which is possible. At least you've been fed today." Tetra turned around. "Ar you ready, or would you prefer to wait a bit?"

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 11:09:59 pm »
102379 got to his feet and saluted as his master entered. He was indeed healthier than when he had entered but he was still overly scarred and thin. After saluting he dropped his hand and looked at the floor. He was still servantile and fearful of his master but he nolonger cringed or cowered when his master came close.

He listened to his master speak and waited patiently for his master to give an order. 'I will do whatever you wish, sir,' he said, still not looking up. By now he had learnt that his master did not like for him to have to be ordered to do everything; he had to guess what his master wanted of him. He came over to the table and sat where he had sat the first time his master injected him.

102379 lifted his sleeve and stretched out his arm so that it would be easier for his master to inject him. His forced himself to look calm but inside he was beginning to get sick with fear. He closed his eyes and focused on his breathing.

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2008, 03:46:36 pm »
If the mage was at all fearful, he was careful not to show it. that's good, thought Tetra. Far better than constant cowering. The mage came over and sat next to the table, extending his arm to be injected. Tetra could sense his fear, though; he hadn't listened. "Trust me, it won't be as bad as last time. It will be more gradual, and the headaches that knocked you out last time will only happen at the end of the virus's cycle through your system." He waved his hand dismissively. "Worrying will only make it worse.."

Tetra held on to the mage's arm, careful not to cut the skin with his claws, and stuck the needle in quickly but precisely. He injected the fluid into the mage's bloodstream, and removed the needle. setting it back on the table. He swabbed the area with the antiseptic solution, and covered it with a bandage. "There, done."

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 04:19:15 pm »
102379 nodded and tried harder to hide the fact that he was scared. He had listened but some habits and fears are hard to dissuade. It wasn't so much the pain he was afraid of, he was used to a lot worse. He was scared of how last time he had thought his mind had been pulled apart again. He did deserve it though so he should not be worrying, especially after his master had ordered him not to on many occasions.

He tried to stop worrying but began to feel guilty for worrying. He closed his eyes as the antiseptic was rubbed in. It hurt as much as last time but he had learnt since then not to show any fear. Fear upset his master. 'Thank you sir,' he muttered before trying to let his mind go blank.

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2008, 05:03:36 pm »
Tetra shook his head. I don't care how straight you sit, or whether you grit your teeth until they crack. I can tell. "If you're worried about losing your mind or something, it's a necessary risk. Mind you, I hope that doesn't happen, if only for the fact that I'd be punished roundly if I rendered you unfit for service, and probably have to pay to replace you. Also, you're not such a bad guy, as TRIM rats go. You'll be pleased to know your mind was perfectly alright last time; the antivirus set you straight. I trust it will again."

He gathered his instruments, then thought about it again. "Would you prefer that I stay, or leave? I have nothing pressing to work on today." He stood far enough from the mage that he wouldn't be agitated by the scientist's presence.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 06:38:30 pm »
102379 listened to his master and nodded. He must not let himself get broken, he must not let his master be punished for a mage's failure to survive. 'Thankyou, sir,' he said again. The fact that people could care for him beyond being fit for service was still beyond 102379's comprehension. After all the conditioning he had been through to get to this point, it seemed he was not allowed to be thought kindly of.

The nurses had given 102379 clothes earlier that week, to which he had bent to the floor and burst out into sobbing "thankyou"s. One of the nurses had gone over to him and rubbed his back until he stopped crying. He was now wearing the clothes and looked less like a wraith and more like a human. When his master went to gather his instruments, 102379 pulled down his sleeve and moved to the floor so that he could sit.

'I'm sorry, sir. I don't know,' he said when offered the choice of company. He felt very guilty about the offer and even more so for not being able to answer or obey. He wanted to say that he had no right to choose but that would upset his master. Either way felt too much like disobedience.

102379 thought of his abilities and shifted awkwardly. He bit his lip before finally speaking up, 'Sir? I-I'm sorry, sir, but I have a skill. I can..' His bravery faltered and his voice dropped back to the level it was earlier that week, 'I can enhance people's abilities.'

He hung his head and curled up tight. He felt guilty for not telling his master sooner, talking out of turn and having the ability in the first place. He rubbed at his arm in an anxious manner and stared at the brand that his previous master had claimed him with. It had been the first time one of his masters had harmed him intentionally.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 06:51:45 pm »
Tetra shrugged and went back to cleaning up after the mage gave his nonanswer, disconnecting the needle from the syringe and placing it in an airtight bag, along with the used cotton ball and the wrapper from the bandage. He was about ready to leave when the mage spoke again. "Sir? I-I'm sorry, sir, but I have a skill. I can..." his voice trailed off at the end, which was certainly a feat considering how quietly he had already been speaking. "I can enhance people's abilities."

The scientist's ears perked up visibly. "Really, now?" He set his things down and leaned against the wall, genuinely intrigued. "There's one I haven't heard before. You mean by magic?" He ran through procedures in his head. Mae still has that imprinter, doesn't she? Unless she's killed him already... which is unlikely. This could be a useful skill indeed. I almost don't want to send this one back. "That really is interesting... tell me more."

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »
102379's heart started racing again but he physically relaxed. His master wasn't angry at him. He uncurled himself and lifted his head from how it was hanging, not do much that he would seem proud or that he would see into his master's eyes though.

There's one I haven't heard before. You mean by magic?
'Yes, sir.

That is really is interesting... tell me more.
'I'm classed as an elemental but, but I can enhance people. I can make their skills better. My previous master used to have me enhance his physical strength.' He had to keep going, he had to. It must not have been put on his chart so he would have to explain it himself. The thought of speaking for such a long time frightened him but he would do it.

'I can make people better at whatever they order me to: magical, physical or mental,' he shifted again as he spoke and clenched his hands around the edge of the sleeve. 'I can also negatively enhance people. The Mordacai didn't go through with the testing because my master forbid it. He forbid me from using it unless he ordered so I only used it in battle.'

He started to panick as memories of his last day of service flowed through his conscious mind. That was as far as he could push himself to speak. 'I'm sorry, sir. I'm sorry.'

OOC: yet another longer one.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 11:59:49 am »
Tetra listened intently to his explanation, at length sitting down on the floor with his back against the wall. "That is rare." He smiled. "We should run you through some minor tests, at least, once this is done. As it is, however," he said brightly, "we may not have to do the major testing on you."

The mage was apologizing again, as usual. "You have nothing to apologize to me for; rather, giving me more work to do is a good thing." He lapsed into soliloquy for a few seconds. "If I don't have work, I get fired, and then I work as a professional sociopath until I die..." He brightened up quickly. "You're a far more interesting specimen than I originally assumed!"

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:23 pm »
102379 started shaking and cowered closer into the corner as he tried to get away from the memories flooding into his mind. It took a few minutes for the thoughts to abate and for him to raise his head. 'I'm sorry, sir. Thankyou for - for the... Thankyou.'

Slowly he was able to relax again so that his master wouldn't be angry at him. He wanted very much to obey his master, to not stress his master. To be loyal to his master. Whatever the testing involved, he would not flinch. He would be grateful for every test he was put through.

Anonymous

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 10:32:52 pm »
Tetra smiled at the prospect of more work for him to do; rather a profitable discovery, this one. I'm not usually the marketing man, but if I can pinpoint the gene sequence that enables this enhancement ability, and successfully replicate it in other mages... every Mordecai on Edanith will want one. His expression faltered a bit. That's a bit of a scary thought, though. Naturally, if one side has it, the other side will want it as well... the large-scale implications are certainly interesting.

Of course, along with my research on implanting magical or psychic genes into normal people... let's not get ahead of myself. If everyone had enhanced abilities, no one would. Such is the fate of every ingenious technological advance, weapons especially.

He got up from the floor and collected his instruments yet again, depositing most of them in the pockets of his lab coat. "I should probably bring you some food now, instead of waiting until the symptoms set in like a complete idiot," he said, mocking his previous actions in a deadpan voice. The mage looked a bit shell-shocked. Must be a side effect of his treatment  on Edanith. Couldn't have been me. "I'll be back shortly, with food." He smiled neutrally at the mage, and left the cell.

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2008, 11:30:21 pm »
102379 remained huddled in the corner and waited for an order, anything he could obey. He shifted to a more comfortable position and started looking at his hands. They were heavily scarred and skeletal. He felt embarressed and covered them in his shirt. His master wasn't speaking so he still had no orders to obey. he pulled up his sleeves again and looked back at his hands. He turned one over and rubbed the brand on his wrist. He did not know what it said but his previous master's name. The same thing had been branded on his shoulder, only larger. He was too scared to reach back and touch it so he covered his hand and lay on the floor.

'Thankyou, master,' he said when his master offered food. He crawled onto his hands and knees and bowed to his master. 'Thankyou.' 102379 remained in a bowing position until his master left then tried to sleep. Sleeping and eating were the only things he had to do and he had not been ordered to do anything else.

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 11:44:03 am »
------

He returned about fifteen minutes later, with a plate of food almost identical to the one he had brought the first time he attempted he experiment. Hopefully he'll be able to eat it this time, and have it do him some good before the next stage of the virus. He opened the door and stepped inside the cell, closing it quickly behind him as was customary. Not like he needed to worry about this one getting away, at least not for a week.

"I've brought your food." He set it on the ground next to the mage, where it seemed he preferred to sit. "You ought to eat it before the nausea sets in," he said, his tone making at least himself feel like less of an oppressor. "Is there anything else you'd like, while you're still coherent?"

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 06:35:48 pm »
102379 had not yet fallen asleep when his master returned. He got to his feet and saluted his master. His master had brought a plate of food and set it down next to him.

You ought to eat it before the nausea sets in.

'Thankyou, sir,' he said before sitting down. He picked up the apple and took a small bite out of it. His master was being kind. 102379 still could not comprehend why anyone would be kind to him. He understood that he needed to be healthy for his master but his master was treating him like a human. He felt like he should ask for clarification but last time he had done so, it had made his master angry. He should not anger his master.

His master was offerring him more, offerring him anything he wanted. He looked towards his master without looking dirrectly at him, just in case it would be considered offensive. he felt uncomfortable: he should not get his master to do things for him but he should not turn his master down either. What was the most obedient answer? Even if he did answer, he stil had no idea what to ask for. He was not supposed to want things, other than to obey his master's wishes.

He bit his lip then put the apple down. He bent down to hands and knees again and looked at the floor. It was the only thing he knew how to reply with.

'No thankyou, sir.'

OOC: a whole lot of nothing.

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 09:13:31 pm »
Tetra watched as the mage contemplated his question. That wasn't a great idea. Now he's probably just trying not to make me angry, or whatever. The subject had been looking up at Tetra, which was a step above his normal cowering. In some societies it's considered rude not to look at the person you're talking to. Telling him that would just freak him out, though. Better that he does what comes naturally. The mage looked down again. "No thankyou, sir."

Tetra shrugged his shoulders. "If you're sure. If you need water, use the sink." He moved to the door. "Again, I'll return later this evening to check on you." He smiled in a way that was half concern, half dread at the prospect of having to try this same experiment a third time. "Good luck." He opened the door and left.

Anonymous

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2008, 10:06:20 pm »
102379 thanked his master once more and stayed on his hands and knees until his master left. He then picked up the apple and sat back against the corner. He needed to eat the food. His master had given it to him and he needed to be healthy so that he wouldn't cause the experiment to fail. When he finished the apple he put the core on the plate and went for the bread. He felt full very quickly but continued eating. He needed more nutrients if it was going to work.

Once he was finished he went to the tap and had a small drink then sat down under the sink. He felt uncomfortable there so he got up and walked around his cell. It was the most walking he had done since coming here and he was a little unstable on his feet.

He sighed and went back to the corner. He couldn't eat the chicken, he hoped that wouldn't seem disobedient. He would try to finish it later.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal