Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: AOC's Character Limits  (Read 390 times)

Anonymous

AOC's Character Limits
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:13:49 am »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
[For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?]

Will do: I hate godmoding and powerplaying!

Won't do: I won't accept any powerplaying or godmoding. It's just not right.

Ask me first: Don't ask me, cuz you know I'll say no.

How far can character injuries go?
[How much can another character injure yours? For instance, are you okay with someone stabbing your character before your character can react ("He lunged at him and stabbed him in the shoulder."), or do you prefer to be able to react first ("He slashed the knife at him.")? Should injuries be superficial (flesh wounds), or do you mind more debilitating injuries (like, say, broken bones or lost limbs)?]

Will do: If the situation calls for it, sneak-attacking (like assassination) is allowed to some degree. Otherwise, allow my character(s) time to react. The wounds should be superficial.

Won't do: Uncalled shots that may kill any of my characters (for instance, a headshot from behind.) Also, sneak attacks that kill are unacceptable unless I say so.

Ask me first: whether an attack could leave a serious wound. Also, ask me if your "assassin" is attempting to kill.

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

Will do: Whipping, Shocking, Restraints.

Won't do: Cutting off of limbs, parasites that intend to kill

Ask me first: about psychological games and sexual torture. I want to know to what specific degree said torture is being taken to.

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Will do: You should know.

Won't do: Uncalled character deaths without my consent.

Ask me first: Whether I want a character to die (which will always be no)

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
[Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?]

Will do: See ask

Won't do: See ask

Ask me first: the degree of said transformation

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Will do: n/a

Won't do: Skah's amnesia is incurable. And my three cyborg warriors can't be reverted back to the humans they once were.

Ask me first: if you are attempting a heal of superficial or serious wounds.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]

Will do: A fade to black. We all know what happens behind the curtain.

Won't do: Playing it out. Let's try and keep it T-rated, as the stupid filter my dad put up will close me out if it's M.

Ask me first: About abuse/rape, and innuendo, because I'd like to keep it T-rated.

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC
Go ahead and use this section to talk about specific characters. Sometimes you may be okay with certain things happening to one character but not another, so this is the place to get specific whereas the previous section was a more general overview.

(under revision)

Jonah Azrael: He's pretty much a powerhouse who can't die unless a character knows how to kill him. Also, his "psychic barrier" is penetrable by only the strongest psychics, so let me know just how strong, say, a Pilot's psychic ability is. Even if it can be penetrated, doing so is no easy task. He's a seasoned warrior with over five thousand years of experience.

Skah: Don't try and cure him of his amnesia, because it won't work on him. He heals quite rapidly from superficial wounds, but serious and critical wounds take a bit more time.

Kyoubou, Gaidoku, and Yuuku: These three are organic cyborgs, so it takes a lot for them to go down. However, they are each vulnerable to their own element from different sources, as well as light magic. They can kill quite easily.

Kyra: She's pretty straightforward. She bruises quite easily if hit. Also, her senses are quite keen.

Lyuba: Though she still needs to get used to it, her strength and speed are immense, and her senses are very highly advanced. As with Jonah, her psychic barrier is something you must ask about if you attempt to psychic her. She can be very hard to kill. Oh, and don't try to take away her newfound powers; they're stuck with her forever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal