Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Requiem of the Lonely [Goblin]  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Zero Undead

Re: Requiem of the Lonely [Goblin]
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 06:37:29 am »
Looking behind him at his voice, his own ears drooped a little. At attention and slightly aroused was a cute look for her – dejected was not. Once again Neeko found himself thinking she was just a poor kid swept up in shit that she shouldn’t be. It was the way of the family, though. She didn’t seem ready to break out of those traditions. If she was she wouldn’t be here hoping to ‘make it work with him’.

He tilted his head, continuing to look down at her as she crept up to his side. Most of the rolling was done. White rice with tuna, cucumber, avocado, and cream cheese on one, and the second was the same except the tuna was replaced with salmon.

It was impossible to miss the soft caress of her tail on his leg. His tails moved with a mind of their own, gently curling around her one tail in a comforting manner.

“If I really didn’t want to marry you then I wouldn’t.” Barely knowing her or preferring men had nothing to do with marriage. This was a societal and familial contract to take care of each other and her future offspring – a contract that could be expanded to include more males eventually that would also take care of her and her future offspring. Love wasn’t required in a Kitsuni union, only a willingness to form a partnership was necessary.

Love could come later, it almost always did.

“If you want to help, go ahead and cut these rolls. I made them a little thick; I wasn’t sure how hungry you were. The knives are in that draw there.” He pointed out the drawer and put the dirty utensils in the dishwasher.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 07:01:34 am »
The feel of his tails wrapping gently about her own sent a shiver racing up and down her spine as a soft purr reverberated in her throat. "I can do that," she whispered, her ears perking up slightly as she retrieved the knife and began to evenly slice both of the rolls carefully and with precision. Nishi wanted it to be perfect for him. She did not want to disappoint him when their first meeting was already off to a rocky start.

"Um did you have plans for the weekend?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 08:06:49 am »
Hearing the soft purr coming from her made Neeko’s lips twitch into a slight smile, which was another familiar sound he had not heard in a long time. He was torn between homesickness and her making him feel like home. It was a strange disharmony battling inside him. She made him uncomfortable and relaxed at the same time.

He was sure it would pass as he got used to her presence. Neeko had been fighting against himself for too long. Once he found acceptance with the situation he was sure it would be better.

“No, I don’t really make plans. Was there something you wanted to do?” Most of his weekends were just spent moping about the apartment or getting drunk. If there was something she wanted to do it might be good for them to spend time together to bond a little; probably good for him to get out of the apartment too.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 08:40:33 am »
"Mmm, no." Nishi finished slicing and then looked through cupboards until she found plates and began to help set the table. "I mean if it's alright I'll probably go for a run tomorrow and explore the city a bit. But, if you want me here or to do something for you I'll of course stay. Whatever you want," she added shyly. She was glad for her hoodie that helped hide some of her nervousness or at least in her opinion. He probably could still see the faint blush to her cheeks or the way she kept avoiding looking him in the face.

"If I'm in your way you just need to say. I don't wish to be a bother. Engaged or not this is still your home first."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 09:00:33 am »
“You can do whatever you want in your spare time.” Neeko mused, watching her set the table thoughtfully before he picked up the bamboo cutting board with their dinner and brought it to the table, setting it between the two places set for them. “You just got to the city, so don’t know your way around yet, going for a run and exploring is a great idea. Solarta gets really, really hot after the sun gets high, though, so just be aware.”

The Solarta heat was barely noticeable to Neeko, even at its hottest. His Cryokinesis kept him cool no matter how hot it got around him. He wasn’t sure if hers acted the same way, but probably pretty similar.

Neeko reached out to grab her wrist gently with one hand, using the other to tilt her chin up so that she had to look at him. He’d noticed the way she avoided raising her eyes to his face. It wasn’t that he couldn’t relate to the urge to be shy around him. They were strangers and supposed to get married.

“We can’t get married and live together if you don’t feel at home here with me. This is your home now, and you belong here. With me.” His voice was a soft purr, trying to be soothing and reassuring even when he was uncertain of his own words. Neeko let her go and stepped back, moving towards his seat at the table. “Now let’s just sit and try to have a nice first dinner together, okay?”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 09:26:44 am »
Nishi nodded as she listened to him and his approval of her tentative plans. The snowflakes were returning at the sound of his acceptance though her stomach quickly turned into a full on blizzard at his sudden and unexpected touch. His closeness, his purring, the look in his eye, it was all enough to turn her mind into mush and her tail swishing from side to side. She barely heard a word he was saying as long as they were in contact with each other.

It was only when he told her to sit that she finally snapped out of it and plopped heavily down into her chair. "Dinner...right," she said shakily before trying to clear her throat and have a sip of water. Her ears twitched happily as her tail continued to sweep behind her. "Um...it looks good!"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 12:43:57 pm »
It was hard not to notice the effect that he had on her. Neeko had been worried she’d pull away from his touch and be reluctant to have him so close to her despite the positive response in the bedroom when he’d pushed her to the wall. Instead he got her tail swishing so sweetly and he could feel the flutter of her pulse against his fingers.

Neeko took his seat, watching her raise the glass to her lips and mulling over things further. He didn’t expect to jump immediately into a physical relationship with her, but he thought Nishi seemed fairly receptive to him. That was a good sign. He had already decided that she was cute, and the attraction seemed to be mutual. Maybe this could work out after all, he’d had his doubts, but honestly as long as they had the attraction to one another everything else could fall into place over time.

“Thank you, I like making sushi, it’s one of my favorite things, since I can’t eat hot food.” He loved cold pizza too, but like with most hot foods, he couldn’t appreciate them in their intended state of consumption.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 01:25:39 pm »
"I can't either...eat hot foods that is. At ATC I just ate a lot of salads. They're actually not so bad if you soak the lettuce in ice water first. Sushi's definitely a treat though," she added, smiling softly as she glanced up at Neeko. "I can't believe you know how to make it though. If I made it everything would just fall apart. What's um...other things do you like to eat or do? Do you have any um hobbies?"

Nishi popped a few pieces onto her plate and worked at nibbling her rolls, savoring each bite as if it was a piece of heaven. "So good," she mumbled with a soft purr.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:40 pm »
Salads, one of the few things he was allowed to eat in its natural state. It wasn’t that they were awful, but when there was only so many dishes you could prepare for meals everything got bland and stale pretty fast. For Neeko salad was one of the worst offenders on the short list of easy meals.

“Oh I have this nifty little roller that does most of the work for me. I can show you how it works next time if you like?” Neeko got a couple slices from both of the rolls he had made, setting them on his plate as he smiled at Nishi. “You should look in the freezer; it’s full of ice cream, lots of flavors. Ryuu complains that it’s bad for me, but I eat ice cream pretty much all the time. I could almost live off ice cream and frappuccino.”

It was probably super childish, but again, bachelor with no one to think of but himself.

“I don’t know if you could really say I have any hobbies. I work hard all day during the week and generally come home and eat ice cream while watching trash television before passing out in my chair.” Honestly seemed like the best option if they were going to live together she’d find out how dull he really was pretty fast.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 07:34:57 pm »
Nishi's eyes snapped up to meet his expression at the mention of ice cream. "A whole freezer full," she repeated in awe. "Do you have a favorite flavor?" She was desperately trying to keep subdued in her seat when all she wanted to do was race up to check the freeze and revel in the glory of cold foods she could eat.

"Sounds like you come home to a much deserved break then. Although perhaps your chair isn't the best place to sleep?" Her voice went up in pitch at the end of her question. She was already anticipating him growling at her again with her making suggestions to a clearly set in his way and superior Pilot.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 11:40:45 am »
"Well most ice cream is good, but I would have to say either cookie dough or banana split would be my favorite." Neeko grinned at how excited she seemed to be by the fact he had a ton of ice cream in the freezer. Then again, she was fresh out of the ATC, and they didn't have great food for normal eaters, let alone ones like them that couldn't eat hot food.

An ear perked up at the suggestion his chair wasn't the best place to sleep, but he simply popped a piece of sushi into his mouth with a smirk. It wasn't like he didn't already know that, but he just sat there until he passed out.

"Maybe not." Sleeping on the chair was just the byproduct of him not wanting to go to bed most nights.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 01:04:49 pm »
It was a relief when no growl came. Perhaps she was skittish for no reason after all. She had been mouthy earlier and this was a dinner conversation. She could afford to be playful, right? Testing the waters she pressed on. "Good choices," Nishi conceded with a slight smirk. "But, Rocky Road is the best." She giggled softly, her nose crinkling up and her tail wagging with her mirth. "All that chocolatey, marshamllowey, almondey amazingness mmm." She licked her lips just thinking about it before finishing another piece of sushi.

"Is there anything you wish to know about me, Neeko...sir? I mean if we're going to get married and all, we should know things right?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 01:36:28 pm »
"Mm, another really good flavor, I know there's some of that in the freezer. We'll have to have dessert after the sushi's gone." Neeko couldn't believe how well this was actually going, if he was being honest with himself. Getting married had been something he'd avoided and dreaded for a long time, but Nishi was pretty adorable if he had to take a wife she wouldn't be so bad to be stuck with.

"Well I guess my first question would be what are you actually looking forward to with getting married? I've been alone a very long time, and I know the family talks shit about me for a lot of reasons, not least my constant rejection of their marriage candidates, but I'm very...lonely. Maybe we're strangers right now, but I'm really hoping that we can be close - truly partners. Also, kids. I'm getting kind of old to still be childless." He smirked a little at that, watching her reaction carefully.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 02:32:51 pm »
Nishi put her eating utensils down and sat up straight at his question. It was certainly very serious and she hoped to be able to express herself and her feelings properly. "The first thing that comes to mind is that it would get the family off my back about marriage and responsibility. Ever since I was small it has always been talked about who and when I would marry. Even who I would play with was monitored and adjusted to fit their expectations.

"I all but jumped at the chance to become a Candidate. I wanted my freedom. I wanted to run as far away from home and family as I could. I know I'm lucky Draconem, my dragon, was in an obliging mood and granted that wish to come here. The family though has their ways," she added with a mirthless chuckle. "I was already engaged to you before my feet hit Aurora's soil again."

Nishi glanced down to her hands where they fiddled with her napkin in her lap. "The family are wrong about you. They don't understand what we're doing, why we're needed. I've read your file," she blushed darkly and looked to the side before looking him in the eye, "and I think you're amazing. I don't feel I deserve to be marrying you, female cryo kitsuni or not. You've done so much already.

"That wasn't your question though," she stated nervously with a shake of her head. "I suppose I'm trying to say that I want things to work. I want to live with someone that understands me and all that I am. Someone who understands the family and someone who understands the Pilot. I feel you would get that at least."

'Because I'm also so tired of being alone in a crowd,' she thought miserably, unintentionally allowing her thoughts to project quietly. It had been many years since she had shield against another kitsuni.

"As for children," Nishi cleared her throat and took a sip of water to stall on that point. "I'm still young for having them and I would like to advance my career if I can. But...if we find ourselves happy together and compatible," here she could not help but think of all the women she had been with instead of men, "then I would not be opposed to children at some point."

Nishi did not think she could feel anymore flushed. She was practically dizzy with sudden heat. Downing the rest of her water was not helping her either. "Sorry...I didn't mean to ramble so much."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 11:40:23 am »
Neeko had not wanted to be taken away from the family. He had fought them when they came for him, and spent a great deal of his time as a Candidate crying when alone in his room or after his roommate had fallen asleep. It had taken years for him to give up on going home and to begin transferring his loyalty from family to the Pilots internally. Outwardly he had done his best to show loyalty from the start, but only because he had been afraid of TRIM.

At least he could understand her desire to get the family off his back. While he had always wished to remain with them, once removed he had struggled to truly break with them. Neeko was pretty sure it was the only way to ever truly become at peace with his life. Unfortunately the family still refused to let him go. Marrying Nishi would at least appease them enough to reduce their interference.

His brow arched and a smirk crossed his lips as she said she thought he was amazing. Well that was definitely a plus, wasn’t it? Marrying someone that thought so highly of him wouldn’t be so bad, but his amusement slipped quickly when he realized she didn’t think much of herself, apparently. How could Nishi not think she was worthy of him? Being female alone was reason enough for her to be worthy of taking any male she chose, but when you added that she was cryo and powerful enough to become a Pilot, well…

Nishi could have had anyone she wanted. Neeko was the one that felt like she was the one settling for something less here.

It was too bad about her reaction to children, although not really surprising. The poor girl was insanely young to be forced into a marriage at all. She should have had another thirty years before the family started pressuring her, but Neeko knew that they had reasons to make the exception. As Pilots they were beyond true family control, but that didn’t keep the family from exerting as much control as they still could.

“Ramble to your heart’s content. I understand your reluctance to have children too quickly, and I support your decision to wait. Nothing about this is typical even for Kitsuni. Hopefully we’ll both feel comfortable and compatible with each other enough to explore the option of offspring in the future.”  He wanted children, but there were hundreds of years still for it. They had time to wait a little while.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 12:21:43 pm »
"You're really okay with this? With me, and the situation, and," she motioned between them trying to express something she did not have the words for. "The compromises I suppose. Granted it seems you're the one giving up so much to be stuck with me." Nishi nudged the last roll on her plate, watching as it finally gave into her prodding and flopped over like a dead fish. She was finding it so very hard to focus now that she had seen him smile. It was like her heart had decided to go for a run of its own without her.

She reached for her glass and found it empty, sending a nervous flush through her that crawled up her neck and ended in a soft chuckle. "Um, I should uh get some more water." Nishi snatched up her glass before attempting to brush past Neeko on the way into the kitchen again.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 02:10:29 pm »
Why did she agree to the marriage if she felt like she was such a burden or inconvenience to him? Neeko really couldn’t understand how Nishi could view him so highly. It had been a very long time since any of his own kind had thought very well of him. His family made their opinions about his status quite clear, but they still included him where he had let them.

Neeko didn’t let her brush past him, his hand darted out to once again take her by the wrist, looking up at her seriously, and his one eye fixed on her face. “I don’t view this as giving up anything, Nishi, but as gaining a great deal.”

His hold on her wrist was gentle, and lingered, but he released her as he let out a sigh and turned his attention back to his plate. Neeko's voice was quiet and slightly pleading. “Please don’t sell yourself short. I am the one honored with this engagement.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 05:59:09 pm »
His touch gave her pause, bringing her to an abrupt stop. He was so surprisingly gentle with her. All of her previous companions had been with her simply for the sex. Even then it had always been about fast, groping carnal pleasure in the dark and nothing like the soft touches that sent fire and ice up and down her spine. She would be lying if she claimed that she did not feared it. But, she would also be lying if she said she did not enjoy it.

Nishi reached out, cupping his cheek within her palm and tilting his face up to hers. She marveled at how his skin was even cooler to the touch than her own. With a soft smile, Nishi leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to his brow. "Thank you," she breathed against his skin before straightening again.

"If you're nearly done I can get us some ice cream and maybe we can talk more?" Nishi continued to smile down at him softly as her tail once more reached out for his.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 08:11:07 am »
Neeko was quite the opposite in his experiences, never one to rush into bed with anyone for simple carnal pleasure. It felt empty and cold without first gaining that connection, that caring for the other person was always so precious to him. Being here with Nishi was a very odd sensation, because this little female was a total stranger, and yet he already felt that bond growing with her. She was to be his wife, and he felt the strong desire to explore and develop their connection quickly.

It was a surprise to feel that gentle hand against his cheek, Neeko hadn’t expected her to touch him like that, innocent as it was. She seemed so shy around him. His left eye was half-lidded as he gazed up at her with a mixture of confusion and pleasure at the simple touch. Next to his skin, her hand felt almost warm, and a soft purr vibrated in his throat.

His eye slid closed as her lips pressed to his forehead and he smiled softly. Those twin tails had begun swaying lightly without his notice, but they quickly wrapped themselves around the seeking white tail of their mate.

“It’s always time for ice cream around here.” Neeko informed her with a playful chuckle, eye glinting lightly.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 10:09:11 am »
She adored his purr. With the lighter atmosphere present again and their tails intertwined, Nishi found herself reluctant to pull away from Neeko. Smiling softly she moved her hand to ruffle his hair lightly before giving an ear a gentle squeeze and pulling away. "I like the sound of that," she giggled as she headed back into the kitchen.

Nishi opened the freezer to find it chock full of ice cream flavours. The Kitsuni found herself smiling giddily. Her husband-to-be really was like her and loved ice cream. Remembering their conversation, she pulled out a tub of cookie dough and serving up three generous scoops for him and two for herself.

She returned, placing the bowl and a spoon before him with a shy smile. Wordlessly, Nishi pulled her own chair right up to the corner of the table so that they were sat side by side and well within reach of each other. Her tail once more curled into the embrace of his own pair as she took her seat once more.

A dainty spoonful of ice cream was gathered up for her to savour with a gentle purr. "So good," she moaned with closed eyes. "I've missed this." Self-consciously she peeked over to him as she quickly remembered herself. "Sorry, I'll be quiet now."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal