Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Astaire's wants and limits  (Read 433 times)

Offline Astaire

Astaire's wants and limits
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:45 am »
PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
Varied; plot-driven, challenging ones that bring out the facets of the characters involved. Action, drama. Psychological horror. Some romance is good, too. Some humor and bits of everyday life thrown into the mix. I like tormenting and challenging my characters, don't make it easy on them, and I prefer to lean towards the darker side of things with in-depth psychological matters, ambiguous morality, difficult decisions and plots with emotional weight.
Go dark and gritty. Fuck me up buddy.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
Pure fluff, pure crack, insubstantial things. Plots that don't go anywhere, absurdities and plots that don't really challenge me or my characters, insubstantial or absurdities.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
About weekly, daily at best.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
2-3 months save for special cases, I will let you know if I'm dropping a thread. I prefer weekly responses, though.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
Yes, I am open for RPing over Skype and Discord. It's preferable for one-liners, brief smut and generally plotless pure character interaction, I actually like it a lot though. I'm always available. HMU through Discord to set it up.

Are you open to post volleying?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other. If so, what's the best way to set that up?)
Yes, MSG me on Discord, and I'll let you know if I'm free or when we can set it up.

Anything else?
I'm always easy to reach over Discord.
I prefer detailed plotting and particular goals to improvisation. If you want one-liners or pure interaction with less plot, Skype is the way to go. OOC is very important for threads. I'm not interested in threads with replies once a month, pace is important.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Minor details to speed the plot up instead of needing to wait for my reaction are ok if plausible. (Ie, your character punches mine if mine's not expecting it, your character grabs and kisses mine at short notice). Larger or implausible instances of godmodding will earn you a request to edit, if repeated I will drop the thread.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I prefer to plot things out, organic development is good when it comes to creating pairs in the first place though. I'm comfortable with anything; m/f, m/m, f/f, age/species differences, unrequited love, rejection, love triangles, cheating etc. No limits.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
(Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)
I won't write graphic descriptions of characters' genitals. Mentions are ok. I like to play out a tasteful sex scene, if needed will fade to black. Otherwise, no limits in regards to content involved (kinky, dubcon/noncon etc) - just no detailed descriptions of reproductive organs, the rest of humanoid biology (breasts etc) is fine.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
No limits. They're all natural occurrences and I'm a realist. Miscarriage/loss/still birth etc is all ok.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
(Are you comfortable with violent scenes? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)
No limits. Play it out, I love gore. There is nothing in regards to combat, violence, torture, body horror etc that I would particularly mind or that I am averse to writing. Again, I'm a realist.

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
(Are you comfortable with such themes? Do you prefer to avoid them? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out?)
No limits. I don't avoid them. Play it out, fade to black if needed to according to my partner's preference. See sex and violence questions above.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)
Yes. Ask me before, don't go ahead without my permission.

What about healing?
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)
Same as above, includes removing scars etc.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Set the limits if you have any, I have no particular taboo/sensitive subjects. If you want to write messed up things, go ahead as long as you do it with taste; I like gore and nsfw and have no issues with it.
I can be picky in regards to writing partners depending on whether I'm comfortable with their writing & plotting styles and them personally.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:01:46 am by Astaire »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal