Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Who You Are [Lion]  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Blink

Who You Are [Lion]
« on: August 07, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
Part of her felt like she should be nervous that Soleas was coming to her room. However, the other part of her was almost relieved she was about to get this off her chest. So far throughout her entire candidacy, Aspen hadn't made any real friends until Soleas. She wasn't quite sure why but after that night in the hallway and then again in the tank she just wasn't afraid of him anymore.

Something about him she could relate to, maybe the fact that their pasts both fucking sucked. Either way, he was just easy to talk to once you peeled back the layers and looked within. Sol wasn't at all the crazy guy everyone thought he was. No, he was actually a really good person with a huge heart.

He had been to her room before, the night she couldn't sleep and he just laid there with her. If she could go back and tell herself months ago that would have happened she would think herself crazy. The only bad thing about it really was the looks she got after... did they all really think she was like that?

No matter, Aspen had a friend now. A true real friend that she could talk to about anything and she wasn't going to let a bunch of idiot's opinions and assumptions ruin that. Taking one last look around her room she made sure everything was neatly organized. Her books were on her desk along with the My Little Donkey figurines that Matt gave her. Yeah, he wasn't so bad either. Maybe they could be good friends one day too.

Her Com was laying on the bed still open to the blog where Soleas said he was on his way. So now... she waits.

Offline Lion

Re: Who You Are [Lion]
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:07:20 pm »
She didn't have to wait long. Wherever there was somewhere to be going, he was running. Y'know until an instructor came meandering down the halls, or his mentor was summoning him to another goddamn lecture. Soleas gently knocked on her door and put his com back into his pocket. Didn't need to be losing that now did he? Or getting locked out of his room for that matter.  There was still plenty of time to head back.

"You uhhhh, gonna make me stand out here all by my lonesome?" he called through the door. "There are strangers out here? What if I get kidnapped?  ASPIRIN! OPEN THE DOOR!"  And that was immediately followed by a loud ass dramatic scream the likes of which Soleas would be doomed never to repeat again, simply because the pitch it took hurt both his throat and ears.

"But seriously, Aspen, open the door, gurl."

Offline Blink

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:39:28 pm »
The knock came first causing Aspen to take one more quick look around before heading to the door. She was just about to open it when she heard the unknown horrors going on on the other side. Reacting on pure instinct she grabbed the first thing she could reach and now with a hairbrush in hand went to open the door in haste.

Just as her hand touched the handle she heard the facade disappear and Soleas's voice on the other side telling her to open it again. Oh, she opened it alright... and just as he was in view her weapon of mass destruction was flung at him in full force.

"Don't do that!"

Turning back to go back into her room she left the door open for Soleas to follow. "Seriously Sol, you had me thinking the ATC was breached by Gospels or something...." Leave it to Aspen to jump to the worst possible conclusion first and think logically later.

"Now just think, if you ever are attacked outside of my door for real I'm not going to believe you and you're just gonna die."

It was funny how much she had warmed up to him since their first official meeting. But still, she had to remind herself that Soleas was a good person sometimes. The anxiety was always there and if she had listened to it she would have never invited him to her room to begin with.

Clearing her throat Aspen continued. "But anyways..... This thing has been driving me insane all day and I need your help."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:40:57 pm by Blink »

Offline Lion

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:04:00 am »
"Shhhhhh. Don't say that forbidden word," Soleas whispered harshly, putting his hands up from the brush assault. A close brush with death that one. An internal snort and he rushed into the room to gently place the brush back on the dresser. A simple room, and while it wasn't the first time he'd seen it, it was definitely now that he was paying attention to more details.

"You better save me, Aspen. That's the only way to know if our love is real," Soleas whispered. "Besides, if you don't save me, I'll end up a zombie, and I'll be munching on you like ooooooouuuuuugggghh hhh!" Soleas cackled and sobered quickly.

"Okay okay, so what is this big thing? Does it have anything to do with that other thing? The thing that you showed me last time that had to do with a thing that was super secret. But also super cool." He was whispering and snickering, pulling out her desk chair to sit down.

Offline Blink

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 06:57:48 pm »
All she could do was roll her eyes at the mention of ever saving Soleas should a real zombie attack ever occur. Leave it to him to think zombies when you mention the worst possible thing happening.

"Yes it does" she answered, kneeling down to pull the keyboard from under her bed. It really was the best set up, the legs on it were collapsible so all she had to do was push a button on the side and they popped right back up. Her headphones were still plugged into its side, a useful tool to play in the late hours without a soul hearing.

Sitting at the edge of her bed Aspen pulled the keyboard as close as she could to her lap, flipping the switches and powering it up. From there she held her hands out in front of her, spreading her fingers out and then wiggling them to warm them up.

"So I'm stuck on this interval and I can't decide which sounds better." Very quickly Aspen then let her fingers glide across the keys, playing a snip from her latest project. "So that one or.." she played again, the same melody but a different chord. "... or that one.?"

She would spare him the technical musical details, he wasn't quite ready for that yet. "I ask because with what I have so far I can't decide which sounds better." Aspen's fingers were at it again as she started the composition from the top of what she had worked out to be the chorus. Very quickly she got into playing the song, moving her body with the beat as her fingers grazed the keys, stopping the moment she let a hum escape her lips.

"So?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 02:15:54 am »
Oh looky-looky there.

Soleas kept quiet in that desk chair, a feat that would seem nigh impossible to anyone that had any prolonged contact with him. Lower caste, lesser bred, most people felt that he just had to make a lot of noise because he liked the attention. For now, he was quiet because he was waiting for Aspen to show what it was she truly wanted.

She'd requested his presence. Who was he to ruin her moment?

Once the keyboard was folded out - the likes of which was the first time he'd seen here on the ATC (some people got the care packages) - Soleas sat with his front to the back of the chair, spinning in it until she was all set up.

"Oh...wow," he murmured, letting the notes sink in. "The first one, definitely. Maybe I don't know all that technical jargon, but it seems more instinctive, less like you had to really think about how it sounded. More natural. And anything that requires less thought is always better in my book."

Soleas gently clapped his hands together. "What is that piece called? Does it have a name yet?"

Offline Blink

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 03:20:49 pm »
He was right, the first arrangement did sound more natural. Aspen was actually surprised he was able to offer such insight on it. Already she was happy she had invited him to her room for the help. While he talked Aspen hovered her fingers above the keys, reciting what she had just played without her fingers actually touching them. However, his question caused her to stop and glare.

"It doesn't have a name yet. I probably won't ev-" Her Com beeped, stopping her mid-sentence to look at it.

ATTN: Aspen Brookes

SUBJECT: Visitation

Candidate Brooks,
      Your attention is required in the visitation hall. Your parents have entered the ATC with the intent of seeing you. Please report immediately.

- Candidate Affairs

Aspen's building smile all but faded as she read the content. Why now? Why were they here? Usually, Havanah set up their visitations. Without looking up she immediately sent out Hav a message.

Where are you? Why didn't you tell me about visitation? Please tell me you are here!!!!

Flinging her com on the bed beside her she finally looked up to Sol. She wasn't even going to try and pretend to smile, he would see through it anyway.

"My parents are here for visitation." Something that most candidates may react differently to. Her com then beeped again.

From Havanah: I set nothing up! I will be there ASAP!

The message caused Aspen's heart to sink. Why were they here? Something had to be up...

"Do you think you could come with me? Please." Aspen was back to how she was before she and Sol had become close. The anxiety was practically radiating off of her the moment she got the first message. If it were anyone else she probably would have just gone alone. However, she hoped that having Sol there would at least deter her parents from being their usual selves.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 03:21:46 pm by Blink »

Offline Lion

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 02:02:10 am »
Soleas didn't know a damn thing about music. But he trusted his gut and went with whatever felt natural. So when she played back the tune and found that flow again, he was content to just watch her find that flow, to make the song come true and clear from her. And he found himself grinning, and bobbing his head to the imagined beat in his head and the tempo she made.

A small tilt in his gut that flipped and he felt the hackles rising on the back of his neck. Mainly because he wished he had a gift like Aspen's. That was quiet a talent she had there. The only one he seemed to have was being a smart-ass and getting into trouble. Through whatever miracle or whoever was watching out for him, somehow Soleas had made it to Stage 4.

If Soleas had been one to believe in gods designing his fate, he probably would have been long gone. Probably never would have been found. Probably would still be in the slum.  Probably be dead somewhere in a hole because he didn't do something right. Being a street rat tended to be a business with a high turn over rate.

"Sounds good. It's like..."

He paused...  Oh that didn't sound good.

"Oh...Oh yeah sure. I've got nothing else to do!" Soleas and he could practically see the nerves rattling her. If he didn't know any better he thought she was shaking.  He shifted off the seat and pushed it back under the desk. Soleas crossed that small distance and held his hand out to her. "Look, whatever happens I'll be right there by your side."

Offline Blink

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »
A soft smile, that was all Aspen could offer Soleas at first for agreeing to come with her. His words rang truer than he probably intended for them to be. Soleas was always there when she needed him to be, and today was no different.

Taking his hand she stood up, grabbing her com and sticking it in her pocket with her free hand. "Thanks Sol." Aspen truly was grateful for him being here right now. Even if she wasn't the best at showing it she always would remember this and many other instances where he had her back.

Exiting her room she walked down the hallway dreading what she was about to endure. Soleas had no idea what her parents were really like, but he sure as hell was about to find out.

"Listen, please don't tell anyone about whatever you are about to walk in to. There is a reason I don't talk about my parents Sol." Aspen kept walking, her hands in balled fists as she tried to mentally prepare herself for this.

Once they rounded the last corner and the visitation room came into view Aspen averted her eyes. Sitting at the table were two seemingly normal looking people. Her father, a tall man with the same ashy skin tone and eyes as both Havanah and Aspen sat in one chair. He had his elbows propped up on the table while his mouth was hidden behind two clasped hands. The muscle in his jaw was clearly tense, pulsating every time he bit down on his own teeth. His light brown hair a tangled mess above his ears.

In the chair next to him was a woman, small and thin just like Aspen. Her eyes were almost emerald complemented by jet black hair pulled back the same way Aspen wore hers. A true Aedolian, with roots about as thickly embedded in their nations backbone as even the highest born pilot. Both of them were clearly on edge, as if at any moment they could fly off the deep end.

Here at the ATC Aspen had educated herself on the signs of being under the unfluence of something and both of her parents embodied them perfectly. Shaky legs, twitching fingers, contantly moving eyes... marks no doubt under the long sleeves both of them wore. Aspen could see it all now as clear as day.

Taking one last deep breath Aspen looked to Sol and then pushed open the door.

"Aspen! Darling!" Her mother the first to get up and walk over to her and wrap her arms around the petrified girl. With every touch Aspen flinched, all of it feeling completely wrong. Her anxiety grew even more when her eyes shot over to the table where her father still sat. He hadn't moved an inch but was instead eyeing Sol something feirce.

She knew this look all to well. Her dad for whatever reason was seeing something that wasn't there in Sol. It was the same look he would give her when he was at the highest point of whatever binder her was on. Her father was seeing things, but what it was she did not know.

"What are you doing here? I thought we weren't scheduled another visit for a few more weeks?" Aspen was trying to smile, she really was. Even her voice was almost beleivable that her question was innocent despite the timid shake still in her vocal chords.

"We just wanted to see our beautiful daughter!" Aspens mother took a step back but kept an arm over her shouder as she practically pushed Aspen towards the table. "I take it you've already told Havanah we are here? I bet she will be here any minute sweetheart!"

Her mother was too focused on Aspen to even acknowledge Sol. Her father though was still locked on him like a heat seaking missile. From this point it wasn't hard for Aspen to peice together what was happening here. They couldn't wait two more weeks, they needed credits now and Havanah was their ticket to that. She was a Pilot Echo, she had plenty of them. Aspen was just their means to an end.

"Sit next to your father sweetheart. He has missed you so much!" Aspens mother then gave her another shove, her hand still on Aspen's shoulder as she squeezed perhaps a little too harshly to make her sit down. It had only been a few minutes and Aspen was already falling victim to her parent's games. She was their dancing monkey, their ticket to more credits by any means necessary.

"Who's your friend?" Her father finally spoke up, narrowing his eyes on Soleas as he probably tried to distinguish what parts of the boy were real and what parts were a hallucination.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:01:25 pm by Blink »

Offline Lion

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 01:47:03 am »
Soleas knew that look. If anyone knew it, it would be home, and the moment he stepped into that visitation room, he met the gaze of Aspen's father, steadily, as if he were there but not all there all at once. A subtle chill seemed to run in the air's current, despite the steady temperature conditioning in that visitation room along, never mind the entire ATC facility itself.

He could feel that tingle, the one in the blood that itched inside Aspen's father's veins. It was the itch that he wanted to scratch but couldn't, and no matter how many times his nails were dug in against his wrists, nothing could satisfy it.

Soleas swallowed hard and he felt that itch himself, as if he was back there in the lower levels, slumming it, swallowing hard on a dry throat. That desperate need to survive. He took in a deep breath, easing into the cheesy grin he gave to Mr. Brookes when the man finally spoke up. Oh man, the words he said. And the tone in which he said it, Soleas could feel his left eye twitch.

"Hello sir," Soleas nodded to the man and reached out to shake his hand. "Names Baliska. Soleas Baliska." He grinned and felt that twitch again. Oh Aspen.... was all he could think, and he projected that very thought out to her, a vague surface one.

His eyes flicked to her. "I'm Aspen's friend. One of her best friends. So it was probably gonna happen that we were gonna meet sooner or later. You guys coming down to see her is really nice. I don't have any family, so it's always nice to see when folks come down to see their youngins. Although it does make me feel kinda old..."

Offline Blink

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
She felt it, Soleas's projection to her. If anything it made things worse. Aspen was beginning to regret asking him to come with her. No one deserved to go through this and based on the look her dad was giving him she had just drug him into the epicenter of one of the worlds worst shit storms.

"Just don't...." her own thoughts projected back to him. She didn't want Sol to start anything. Not here... not now. This wasn't the time or place for this. They just had to wait for Havanah, then they could act like this never happened.

Aspen's father ignored Sol's attempt at a handshake but instead glared at his extended hand as if it were a bug that needed to be squashed.
"Mhmm," he grumbled, flicking his eyes towards Aspen when Sol mentioned being her friend. He wondered what Aspen had told this boy...

"Sol has been very helpful. He's always there when I need him." Aspen chimed in. "I even showed him my p-" Cut off by her mother Aspen couldn't finish her statement.

"That's nice dear..." Her mother didn't care, she should have known better. Instead, her mother was too busy eyeing the door clearly more excited about seeing Havanah than her own child. "I wonder what is taking Havvy so long."

The silence Aspen's father was offering was eerie. Almost like he couldn't even be bothered with anything that had to do with his child. No, instead all he cared about was Havanah getting there so he could get the hell out of the ATC and to another needle in his arm. Aspen knew this and so she mirrored his silence, still flinching every time her mother ran a hand through her hair or tapped a finger on her shoulder.

Meanwhile, Havanah was rushing down the hall. Thankfully she wasn't that far from the ATC when she got the message. She wished she were here under different circumstances like to see Alec or have a real visit with Aspen. Part of her was pissed that they would pull this stunt while another part of her was worried what this was going to do to Aspen's mind. She had already come so far and was worried this may set her back again.

"So Baliska was it? Never heard of that last name before." Aspen's mother was getting at something with this. "What caste is your family from?" And there it was... Aspen's mother clearly more interested in the wealth that lay behind the last name.

"Mom he-" Again Aspen was cut off, this time by another tug on her hair that was anything but gentle.

"Let the boy answer for himself Aspen... don't be rude." With her free hand, Aspen's mother's grip tightened on her shoulder, almost like she was squeezing as inconspicuously as possible to keep Aspen quiet.

Offline Lion

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 03:15:35 am »
No matter what Aspen felt the need to tell Soleas, he remained steady and wasn't going to make a scene. Really, it seems like her parents were really keen on doing that enough themselves. That didn't mean at all that he had to stand aside and just let something awful happen. He didn't think it was. Not when they were being here in the middle of the ATC surrounded by Pilots. Even if they were just from Candy Affairs.

Soleas kept his trap shut. Or at least that was the plan until Aspen's mother bothered to open hers. Gods she was cringey, and looked a right mess. Sad really, maybe she used to be pretty. And too many times scratching at her veins left her wanting. A shadow of her former self.

Soleas frowned and shifted awkwardly. Maybe his mother really was a drugwhore. Yeah. She was. Denying denial hadn't ever been his stride, and not when Aspen was around. For a second there he thought he was an empath. But he didn't have to be know what she was feeling. To know how things were.

"Yeah. Don't be rude, Aspen. Aspen's Mom asked me a question," he murmured, and winked at her. "You've probably never heard of it because you were busy at your vacation home in Margad, I'm sure. It's all right. I'll forgive you this time. Baliska. Write it down. It's really important. Hey. wait. You got a marker? I'll just write it down for you."

Soleas smiled widely and fumbled around in his pocket and pulled out a small red permanent marker. "I can help you spell it too."

Offline Blink

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 01:51:40 pm »
For a second Aspen's mother looked confused when Soleas mentioned them having a vacation home in Margad. Even Aspen didn't catch on right away until Soleas winked at her. What he was doing was sweet, sweet enough in fact that it caused Aspen to give him the slightest of smiles despire their current predicament.

"Oh so Aspen told you about our vacation home then!" Her mother falling right into the lie that she thought her daughter had created for them. Meanwhile Aspen's father remained quiet, his eyes locked on the door as he ignored the conversation going on right next to him. It was clear he was annoyed not only with his wife, but Soleas and Aspen as well. The entire situation seemed to annoy him to an extent that at one point he let out a long held breath that caused Aspen to peer at him from the corner of her eye.

Aspen felt like she was sitting next to a time bomb, one that was due to go off at any second. Of course they were at the ATC but in all reality how fast could a pilot honestly rush over if her dad did try something. Her mother may have always been one to tug, poke and prod at her but that was nothing compared to what her father was capable of. Especially when he was coming down off of something and itching for more like this.

Then, in an instant the atmosphere changed. Aspen's dad quickly sat up, placing his bruised and scarred hands on the table as he stared down the face now walking in the door. It was Havanah, and Aspen wasn't quite sure who looked more scary... her dad... or Havanah.

With quick strides Havanah was quickly at the other end of the table, mirroring her father's entire demeanor as she leaned in and returned his glare ten fold. She didn't even bother looking to Aspen or Soleas at first, too concerned with the more important issue at hand.

"I transferred them on my way here... you can leave any time now." Her voice was poison, dripping with disdain and disguist at every syllable. Havanah didn't budge, didn't blink, hell it didn't even seem like she drew a breath while the stare down between daughter and father ensued. Aspen's mother fell silent and quickly made her way towards her husband, draping an arm over his shoulder as she attempted to pull him away. "Let's go then honey." she whispered, shooting Havanah a meek smile as she tugged on his shirt.

"Yes, you best get going" Havanah snarled, motioning towards the door with a flick of her eyes. "Would hate for you to miss what is so important."

Her father narrowed his eyes, maintaining his silence before finally standing up, shrugging his wifes arm off of him before he began making his way towards the door... Aspen's mother following short after.

They didn't even bother saying goodbye, but instead left Aspen sitting there still feeling like it was dangerous to even breathe. She had gone and done it again, made things much more complicated just by being alive. Even worse she looked to Havanah who was still in scary Inquisitor mode with game face and all. She knew that Havanah was pissed, but worse would probably blame herself in some way for this later.

The moment the door clicked and her parents had made their exit Havanah loosened up, pushing herself off the table before placing a hand on each hip. She clearly needed a minute to calm down. Aspen shot up from her seat and moved towards Soleas, instinctively wrapping her arms around him in a comforting hug as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me that you did that." Of course she was referring to not only Soleas coming with her, but also diverting at least some of her parent's attention until Havanah had arrived.

Havanah looked over her shoulder to see her sister hugging a boy. She was speechless as her jaw dropped. Aspen was hugging someone.... and it was a boy! Clearly she needed to investigate...

Walking back over to the table she pulled out a chair and sat down, smiling wider than she ever thought possible as she stared down the boy her sister just had her arms around. "Well no sense in making this visit competely horrifying. Who is this?" Havanah motioned towards Soleas with a wink. "Boyfriend?"

Aspen yet again found herself speechless.

Offline Lion

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 01:54:38 pm »
Soleas had always been more of a go with the flow kind of guy. He was already one of the oldest candidates there. And he wasn't going to risk his position by putting himself in harm's way and pummeling this fucking junkie here in the middle of Visitation. That was a right good way to get your ass kicked out and TRIM'd for nothing more than having a fuckhead look at you funny. Nope, this guy wasn't worth it. Not in the slightest.

Soleas said nothing more, not even bothering with a sarcastic quip and when Aspen's sister showed up - which seemed to be who they were really waiting for - he just raised his hand and waved them off with a wiggle of his fingers. 

"See ...I...wh---"

And then Aspen was hugging him. Just like that. Physical contact of any kind on her part always seemed force - especially anything where her butt was concerned.  But this hug as simple as it was.  Soleas didn't think about it much longer before his own arms came around her and he hugged Aspen close, tucking her head underneath his chin.

Well, until her sister had to go and ruin the moment.

Soleas cocked an eyebrow up in the air. And he just grinned, reaching a hand out for her to shake. "I'm Solease Baliska. Yes, well...since it seems my secret's been found out, yes. Aspen, it's about time you knew. I'm a boy. And I'm also your friend. Gods...that was not as hard as I thought it would be."

Offline Blink

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 07:29:33 pm »
"Havanah!" Aspen's voice was sharp as she shot her a look. Clearly, Havanah had to go and point out something so simple and make it into something it was not. It had ruined the entire moment along with causing Aspen's normally ashy skin to redden.

Meanwhile, all Havanah did was roll her eyes at her sister. How embarrassed she was wasn't important, there was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Soleas Baliska it is a pleasure to meet you!" smiling Havanah extended her own hand and shook his. She saw the joke in his statement and honestly found it refreshing, despite how embarrassed Aspen was.

"Chill out Aspen, you're allowed to have friends that are boys." Still grinning she winked at her sister. "Even if you find yourself wrapped in their arms from time to time." After that, she turned her attention back to Soleas.

"Pilot Echo Havanah Brookes, it is a pleasure to meet you Soleas."

While Havanah seemed to be the essence of calm she was studying Soleas for everything she could see. He was good-looking, taller than both of the sisters by at least a few inches. Yes, he would make a fine husband for her baby sister one day. Matthew had made it clear he was going another route and so, Havanah had to ship Aspen with someone else. Soleas would do just fine.

"So, do you often find my little sister in the comfort of your arms?" another wink as she leaned back again.

"Are you kidding me!?" Aspen slammed her hands on the table, clearly agitated with Havanah. "Would it kill you to just come here and act normal for once!?" It was obvious that Aspen was dying on the inside right now. Havanah always had a knack for embarrassing her, it was almost like she got a thrill out of it.

Slamming her own palms on the table Havanah met her sister's glare, except with a brow raised. However, Havanah didn't address Aspen but instead tilted her head towards Soleas. "She's adorable isn't she?"

It was actually working quite nicely. By now Havanah had gotten Aspen to completely forget everything that had just transpired before she got there.

Offline Lion

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 11:53:31 pm »
Soleas didn't really have a chance to interrupt their banter. And frankly he didn't want to because just watching them go back and forth was fucking glorious. Soleas put more effort into keeping his amusement under wraps because he didn't want to just full out cackle like an ass and have Apsen punch him in the gut or have her sister get in trouble for scolding her.  He could always rib her about it later when they were out on the track.

It was actually really endearing, and the moment that the Brookes' folks were out of the room, Soleas found the calm in the room had eased considerably, with that he eased, and the tension in Aspen - the blood flow was back to normal pressure levels now - and that was always a good thing.

"Whoa whoa," he chuckled, almost giggling himself silly and looking Havanah over. "I see why you don't talk about your sister, Aspirin. Because she's fucking hot," he nodded in affirmation. And a Pilot Echo no less. Damn, that was pretty high up, wasn't it?  He just assumed so, even though they were surrounded by Pilots and all the staff of the ATC were technically Pilots, and many of these Candidates would become Pilots.

It was still pretty damn awesome to actually be in front of a real life Pilot.

"Actually, now that you mention it," Soleas replied and stepped in close to wrap an arm around Aspen. "Yes, she does. She hugs me quite a bit. She's one of my best friends."  And he beamed proudly at Havanah, puffing his chest out at her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal