Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Crocnado! Pizza! What else!?(Candidate Movie Night) (OPEN)  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Blink

Crocnado! Pizza! What else!?(Candidate Movie Night) (OPEN)
« on: July 26, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »
(OOC: No posting order I assume, just keep track of your charries conversations ^.^)

Staring at her own reflection Aspen took in a deep breath, closing her eyes as she tried to muster the courage to meet everyone in the rec room they established for movie night. Her fingers curled around the edges of the sink as she leaned in closer, furthering the study of her own reflection one more time. "You can do this Aspen..." a mantra she repeated while tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear that wasn't quite long enough to be pulled back with the rest. "You talk to them on the blog all the time... this is no different."

Flicking off the light she stepped out of the bathroom and looked at the empty bed next to hers. It used to belong to another girl, but she didn't make it to Stage 3 and Aspen had yet to be assigned a new room mate. It could have been the reason she decided to reach out and plan this entire party, being alone all the time... it's not great for your mental health, or so she was told. Another reason is that she was supposed to be focussing on team work and so distancing herself and hiding in her room all the time wasn't going to cut it anymore.

It would still take a few minutes for Aspen to finally gather the courage to exit her room and when she finally did the moment her door clicked shut behind her she could already feel the anxiety building. With each step down the hall, she held her hands straight at her sides, fists clenched in balls of nervousness. "Come on Aspen! Get it together!"

If wasn't intentional at first, the lack of luster about her. Aspen had grown so used to making herself as dull as possible that by now it was almost like second nature to do it every time she left her room. Taking a mental note she uncloaked herself, causing her anxiety to multiply at least tenfold.

And then.... as if it couldn't get any worse Aspen discovered she was the first to arrive. Immediately she regretted leaving so early and debated turning back around. "You're the only one here! Oh no!". Stepping further into the room Aspen's breaths drew heavier as she began to panic. "What if no one comes! Great job Aspen! You are a joke!"

Placing one hand on her hip while the other rested on her forehead Aspen tried to calm herself down to no avail. "Just go back to your room and forget this ever happened. I can make friends another time... clearly, I'm not ready for this." Yet despite how much she wanted to leave Aspen stayed put, blankly staring at the wall with her back facing the doorway. "If I leave now I could run into someone which would be worse."

Offline Lion

Re: Crocnado! Pizza! What else!?(Candidate Movie Night) (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 10:21:27 pm »
Truth be told, Soleas couldn't have been more excited. This proved to be a golden opportunity to actually do something that wasn't training. He'd wanted to do something social for some time and constantly nagging Quirin wasn't going to fill that void the lack of real company had made in his life. Funny, ten years ago he wouldn't have said this, thought this, or felt this way.

The Soleas from ten years prior was living a shadowed life. And that was a thought he wanted to push from his mind in every way he could.

And right now it was gonna be while watching Crocnado and stuffing his face with as much pizza as he possibly could.  They somehow managed to get a rec room, and get actual real pizza delivered to them. He didn't know how, and maybe it was better that he didn't. He'd spent too long over thinking those minor details instead of just enjoying the moment.

It was a good idea that Aspen didn't leave. Because then there would be two people staring blankly at a wall than just the one. The more the merrier as the saying went, after all. Soleas stumbled on through the door and brushed his hair back.

"Oh hey, it's you, Aspirin! In the flesh! Hiiii," he said, extending a hand out to her. "I'm Soleas, in case my name strip wasn't a dead give away. I hope you don't mind I'm still in training gear. I don't have a lot of inbetween time." Soleas forced a cackle and grinned stupidly at her.

Offline Blink

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:18:57 pm »
"Aspirin" A lovely nickname bestowed on her by Soleas in the candidate blog. She knew who he was before she even turned around based on that alone. It was nice to put a name to a face however. She had seen him a few times here and there but never really had a conversation with him up until now.

With an outstretched hand, Aspen stared at it for a second, almost as if she didn't know what the gesture meant. Slowly she extended her own to shake it, her body stiff and motions nonfluid like a robot. "H-hi.." And then she was ripping her hand back to her side in a nervous fist.

"I-I uh don't know where everyone is." Eyes shifted nervously behind him, looking at the doorway that no one else had entered yet. "I don't know when the Pizza will get here or anything, Landis arranged all that."

With her other hand Aspen grabbed at her elbow, a nervous gesture she had picked up far before she ever came to the ATC. "Stop acting like an idiot..." she told herself, knowing she was far more anxious than she should have been. "It's not like he is gonna bite your head off or anything." Yet despite how true that statement was she just couldn't shake the feeling.

Realizing he apologized for his attire Aspen then gripped at the sleeve of her jacket thinking maybe she should have shown up in her own training gear, then at least it would look like she was busy instead of a hermit. "I can't wait for everyone to get here so that we can get started." She was fully aware she was the worst kind of conversationalist, but then a glimmer of hope crossed her mind.

"Pizza... if you stay you get pizza." A new found determination swept over her at the thought and she smiled. "I think it will be fun."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »
Everything was too damned small. His bed was too small, his desk was too small, his chair was too small...what he wouldn't do for a big, overstuffed couch that could almost serve as all three.

A grunt that sounded vaguely like shifting stone was uttered forth as Garza drug himself from his lying position, his feet already touching the floor.

You'd think they'd provide bigger furnishings for a guy my size...

But, no. He was expected to take it all in stride. Like he'd always done, since he was drafted into the Candidate ranks.

With a heavy sigh, he pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time. He'd seen before that there was a movie/pizza night going on, and he'd planned on going later. He hated being early to anything, but....what else was he supposed to do? It's not like he had anyone to hang out with, seeing as how most avoided him as if he were some kind of monster...

Which, he supposed he was, but that was besides the point. He shrugged.

"Eh, whatever..." he mumbled, his voice sounding like he'd spent the past hour gargling gravel.

He slipped his phone back into his pocket and headed toward the door, grabbing his jacket and slinging it over his shoulder.

---

From outside the rec room, one (or two) might be able to hear the sound of heavy, rumbling breathing as Garza scanned the doors to find the correct numbered room. After a moment, he came across an opened doorway and a quick inspection told him he was where he was supposed to be. He stooped slightly to avoid tearing up the doorway with his single jutting horn, and then leaned against the wall just inside.

A couple raps of his knuckles against the wall announced his presence, if his massive frame blotting out the light wasn't enough.

"Knock, knock. I see I'm not the only early one. Thanks for that..." again, with that gravelly voice. He cleared his throat, the sound reminiscent of an avalanche.

"So, uh...where's everyone else at? Anyone decide to blow up the blog to see who was coming?"

Offline nephero

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 07:33:39 pm »
There were probably a lot of things that Viktor could be doing with his time that didn't involve cinematic garbage fires and being in close proximity to other people. Stage 3 was already a hell in its own right: Viktor did not in any sense of the word appreciate any kind of “teamwork”. He tolerated it because it was a means to an end; put up with it now, do what was necessary, get to the next stage as soon as possible.

It didn't mean he wanted to spend his free time surrounded by other people, too.

But Landis did have a point; there was pizza, and being around other people was… often insightful. The other Candidate was pretty clever, in his own way. Clever enough to have Viktor leave his studies behind and make his way down to the designated rec room.

He knew he was early-- but that was kind of the point. Arrive early, establish where he'd be for the evening, feign sleepiness and get the hell out as soon as possible: ‘oh, wow, it's been three hours already, I really should go get some rest. Thank you for the scintillating evening.’

Auntie would be proud.

Viktor paused, however, blinking pale green eyes at what appeared to be an anthropomorphic mountain just inside the doorway. Ho...ly… shit…

Holy shit, holy shit. What had they been FEEDING this guy? Was this another Candidate? Or a freaking security guard?

Schooling his features into a perfect neutral as only a Blackmourne could provide (and absolutely not blushing, shut the hell up), Viktor cleared his throat, arms folded tight over his chest.

“Pardon me. This is where the… movie night… is taking place, correct?”

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 05:07:57 am »
A cheesy movie with some delicious cheesy pizza, it sounded like a good time to him! Food was probably pretty high on the list of things Matt missed most about living in Pilot family housing. The cafeteria gave totally nutritionally sound food (still gross and boring most the time), but at home he could eat almost whatever he wanted. He couldn't wait until he was a Pilot and could eat unhealthy junk food at all hours of the day or night if he felt like it.

He wouldn't, but having the choice to do it would be nice!

Matt had changed out of his uniform into a simple pair of blue jeans, his white and green sneakers, a dark green t-shirt, and a white and green plaid short-sleeved button up that he left unbuttoned. A quick run of his fingers through his hair with a touch of mousse had it looking presentable, the upside of being forced to keep his hair short for Candidacy is it made styling super easy and quick.

After that he was out the door, heading down the halls to the designated rec room. Rounding a corner he encountered a little bit of a traffic jam, with a super huge guy standing in the door way, and a much less huge guy standing behind him. Matt had arrived just in time to hear Viktor's question, so he figured this was probably the right place. Not that he had ever doubted it.

"Yeah, this is it." Matt said cheerily as he came up behind Viktor and clapped him lightly on the shoulder with a smile and thumbs up. He turned to Garza with a chuckle. "Hey there big guy, don't block traffic, let's all get in before the good seats are taken. Early birds get the most comfy spots." Solid logic there!

Marakai2.0

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 06:01:09 am »
Suddenly there were not one, but two people behind him. Garza blinked, and turned to look at them with a rather sheepish smile, doing his best not to show his pointed teeth.

"Of course," he rumbled, and stepped lightly to the side to let them through. "Sorry, I didn't hear you two coming up behind me. And I guess thats true, but I think I'm probably gonna be stuck in the back. 'Down in front' isn't something that works for me." He let out a deep throaty chuckle at that.

That said, he glanced around at the arranged seating, scouting out a spot for him to sit at. He'd stand, if necessary, and likely would have to anyway if he wanted even a modicum of comfort. Damn tiny chairs...

Offline nephero

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 05:35:34 pm »
Viktor’s eyes widened, his pulse quickened. For a hot minute, Viktor considered breaking off that thumb and using it to permanently blind whoever the hell thought it was okay to touch him in such a familiar manner.

No. No, that would be inappropriate. He was here to be social, not to engage in physical violence. But ohh, the clap to his back had just set the entire mood, and Viktor dropped his expression to a very careful neutral. Just get through it and be done.

Viktor glanced up at the much taller Candidate, dark brow raised as he finally had the presence of mind to start putting names to faces. Okay, Viktor recalled something about Garza complaining/boasting (boastplaining?) about size, so this giant must be him.

Handsy McGee was still a bit of a mystery, but cadence suggested most likely Matt. Or so Viktor assumed.

“I take it the others are still on their way?” he asked without really expecting an answer, moving to find himself a seat on the edge of the gathered chairs so he'd at least have one open side. He pulled out his com, then, hoping to at least see an “omw” from his roommate.

If everyone was going to get touchy this was going to be a long night.

Offline Lion

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 08:29:51 pm »
Okay now that was an awkward shake. Ookay, so she wasn't a shaker. That was fair enough. And even more awkward in person than she was online. All of these little facts were gently stored and put away for another time. This was Aspen Brookes. She liked pizza and Pilot McConway. And yet for someone as strangely awkward as she was, it was her idea to arrange this little play date.

And just as he opened his mouth, more people showed up. "Hiiiii there!" Soleas beamed. And waved to the lot of them. "Come on, Aspirin! We can't let them just sit all by themselves now can we!" Soleas meandered on over and plopped right next to the one that looked real uppity. Yuuup that had to be Viktor Blackmourne all right.

And the big boy, that had to be....Gurney, that's right! And there was that skitterer Matt. Nice. The whole gang was here. Or almost the whole gang. Really he didn't know who else was coming, and frankly Soleas was just super hungry after his run.  "So when's this pizza supposed to get here. Do you know? Ehh, Vik?" he asked, quirking a brow and leaning in.

He didn't want to say anything but the guy had a shit load of blackheads in his nose. Very decorative. How nice to dress up for a shitty movie and pizza.

---
Which rec room was it again? Was it the one where that giant monster man went into? Did they even make candidates like that? Where the hell did he come from? Banning didn't know how many pizzas they would need or just how many of the little critters would show up for their movie night, but he decided it was better to be on the safe side.

A dozen pizzas. Plenty for someone that gargantuan and then some for the rest of the Candidates. Banning was almost regretting promising to deliver the pizzas personally. But, he was if anything a man of his word and he would deliver. Because it was one thing to put a Candidate through rigorous training, to beat them into a Pilot, the very spine of Aedolis.

It was quite enough to promise pizza, and then abruptly decide to back out because misery amused you. Banning had enough of that shit during his own Candidacy.

"Did someone order 12 large pizza's!?" Banning announced holding six boxes in each hand and raising them high. "This is the movie night rec room right?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 08:49:25 pm »
It would be fiiiine.

Vaughan looked at the guitar his mentor - that was his mentor right? - had given him. Lent him? Provided him with conditions applied. He looked his lips, fluffed his hair - recently cut so the red was gone again - and looked into his mirror. Looked fine. Looked great. Looked like... Himself. So, throwing back his shoulders, he took a deep breath and made his way to the designated spot. His pace was leisurely and he double checked everything was the right door and right location.

Yup.

It had taken a lot of personal practice but the 'wave's-o-calm' were hopefully not as bad today. An unprovoked side effect of his abilities. Growing up he'd willed it into being and now he was hard pressed to keep it from happening. Upside, most people enjoyed the fact he was a walking placebo.

Aaaah. There it was.

Vaughan followed the giant of a man down the hallway. Must be the Pilot bringing down the Pizza - which was an absolute fucktonne - and snuck in behind him, guitar in hand. Vaughan wasn't the biggest people person but he'd never been a victim of stage fright.

After the Pilot announced the question of being in the right place, Vaughan strummed a chord and cleared his throat. It was quite obvious that it was one of his previous songs if anyone had been familiar with it though the lyrics had obviously changed. His voice was a little unused but it was good enough. Nothing concert worthy but good for rec room entertainment.

"Aspen.

Pizza lovin' Aspen
How do you get to love it so much
when it's just crust and tomatos and cheese
Ooooh, Aspen
Secretly, deep down, we know pizza loves you too
because you had to make this date
to get some inside you.
Pizzaaaaa, Pizza lovin' Aspen
"

And he held the guitar neck in one hand, spotted Aspen - because he'd gone through their profiles to at least learn how to recognize them- and curled his arm around her middle in a hug and planted a big wet kiss on her cheek.

"Hi. I'm Vaughan. Nice to meet you," Another bright grin and he pulled away and took a few steps back, looking to the Pilot sheepishly, before ducking his head down "Sorry Sir. Timing was too perfect."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:52:46 pm by Draconian »

Offline Blink

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »
One by one everyone slowly began trailing in. First, it was Garza after Soleas, then Viktor. She could tell their names well enough based on the profiles she had researched before coming. Aspen always seemed to have a lot of time on her hands after drills and class, so what better way to spend it than researching your peers? The little keyboard she kept under her bed only offered so much entertainment anyway.

Before she knew it Soleas was already gone, running to sit beside Viktor Blackmourne leaving her standing there all alone. Her eyes scanned the room leaving her to choose between them or the tall and oh so intimidating Garza.

"Dammit Aspen, do something... move your feet... smile... DO SOMETHING" Pizza was no longer a priority, even as it arrived in the hands of the pilot walking in now. She could feel her chest tightening as everyone else grew more comfortable, almost like drowning in a room with no air. "So many people.... and everyone isn't even here yet."

Aspen gulped, the grip on her sleeve tightening as her muscles tensed even further. By now the cloak had already appeared, any shine about her gone. It acted more like a defensive than anything else and right now her mind was telling her she was under attack.

And then the music started.... Vaughan was here.

She was frozen, truly frozen in place as he walked towards her singing, her flesh most likely the same color as the sauce on the very pizzas being brought in. "He didn't... he really didn't... Yet the pizza song coming from his lips was just enough proof that he did.

That wasn't even the worst part either. He not only sang a song about her IN FRONT OF EVERYONE but then wrapped his arm around her ( an act that alone would cause her to die of heart attack) and then...

"He just kissed me... his lips just touched me."

After that she found herself fighting the urge of falling over. "Do not fucking faint Aspen... DO NOT FAINT!" Instead she managed to choke out some words.... completely ridiculous words.

"Song... great... umm...."

Taking a moment Aspen paused... breathing in trying to clear her head. "Thank you, Vaughan, your voice is lovely"

Offline nephero

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 09:43:37 pm »
Oh.

Oh no.

Viktor turned to regard the other Candidate, and it took some sincere effort to keep his lip from curling right over his teeth like a poorly trained dog. But oh, he wanted to, because of course Soleas would jump on the chance to invade his personal space. Why wouldn't he?

He leaned back as Soleas leaned in, head tilted to look over Soleas’ shoulder and eye the door. Which was, perhaps a mistake, as the doorway was suddenly filled with stacks of pizza boxes and a Pilot. A very specific Pilot. Viktor snapped back around in his chair, back straight and face blank, though a telltale twitch caught at the corner of his eye at the sudden addition of guitar strumming.

It was a suitable distraction, and even the worst of Viktor’s scowl had ebbed, dark brow arched in amusement as the one and only Aspen Brookes was brought front and center into everyone's attention.

She looked very nearly about to pop, too, clearly not used to anything close to the limelight. When she graduated, if she graduated, Viktor hoped for a small kindness and that she would have a suitably behind the scenes job.

Because at the rate she was presently going? Viktor genuinely believed she was two steps away from a heart attack.

Okay, she was saying something, then. It as impossible to hear, between how quiet Aspen was being and… well, no one was presently talking so it really was all just down to her quietness. But, the point was that she was speaking, which meant she wasn't about to keel right over.

That'd just make a mess of things. Might end the night earlier than expected though. Viktor weighed the pros and cons, decided it was best she didn't faint, and shot the poor girl a small, reassuring sort of smile.

“Encore, bravo.” Viktor said, loudly enough to carry from where he still sat, regarding Vaughan-- because who else could that be?-- with a nod. Aaand then right back to Soleas, who Viktor finally addressed with a soft sigh.

“Yes, hello, the pizza is over there.”

Offline Lion

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:08 pm »
Soleas decided he liked messing with Viktor. The reactions were always so hilarious and even if curbed and curt - just practically seething venom, they ticked Soleas. He didn't know what crawled up Viktor's ass and died, but it made this particularly Candidate just this side of charming. The guy could keep popsicles frozen with that icy demeanor of his.

Oh this was going to be soooo much fun. So even as Blackmourne properly ignored him, SOleas turned his attention to the doors. Because people just kept pouring in!

Aaaaand, then there was Aspirin, in the middle of all of that, being serenaded and trying keep it together on the spot. Soleas whooped and applauded, and whistled aloud over the dead silence that ensued. As much as Soleas enjoyed watching her squirm, the poor thing had been through a real wringer putting this whole shindig together. The last thing anyone needed was for someone to pass out in the middle of all of it.

"Oh yeah. Mr. Pepperoni! Nice for him to finally make his appearance!" Soleas nodded and promptly flipped the chair around so that his front was facing the back and propped head on his hand, cradling his elbow on the chair's lip and gazed half-liddedly at Viktor, grinning gently. "Viktor, why are you so beautiful?"

---
Did that Candidate just swoop in and start singing?! That...that was Vaughan Liik. Yup, had to be. Songbird, colorful hair, made people mellow out. That was nice. Banning didn't mind having the attention stolen from him. All the better because that meant he could make a sneaky exit.

Or better yet, maybe he'd just stick around and watch the movie with these little critters. And the one big critter. The one that was just....well, odd, looking like he could eat that really pretty one being gawked at lovingly.   Blackmourne, that was the one.

Banning shrugged to Liik. "Don't even sweat it, son. Let's get this party started. Can't let this pizza get cold! I'm sure at least some of you are hungry," he snorted and set the pizza down on a rec-room table that he pulled closer toward the center.  "Pilot Royal Banning Lockhart. You're Vaughan Liik. And that's Garza Oskai, Matthew Wright, Viktor Blackmourne, and Aspen Brookes. At your service, Candidates."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 04:55:30 am »
"Don't even sweat it, Garza!" Because who else could that be? Putting everyone together in the flesh was super easy, really. Viktor was the one that looked like he wanted to kill him, for all of a split second. The guy was pretty good about keeping his face all...unreadable. A little unnerving, but at least he knew better than to touch him if that was how frosty he was gonna get.

Notes, he should be taking notes!

Matt slipped into the room, skirting the majority of all the excitement and plopping himself into a reasonably comfortable seat for the moment. Gave him a great view of the show as first the pizza arrived, followed immediately by Vaughan with his pizza song for Aspen.

Oh poor, poor Aspen! Poor kid looked like she was about to drop to the floor dead. He couldn't not clap for that performance though.

"That was beautiful." He laughed softly, before turning his attention back to the Pilot who'd delivered their pizza for him. Matt hopped up from his seat and headed for the stacked boxes with enthusiasm. "Thanks for bringing us pizza Pilot Royal Lockhart, I'm definitely hungry!"

Offline nephero

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 12:37:40 pm »
Viktor should have known. Why else would Soleas have played so coy about “Mr. Pepperoni’s” identity if he were going to be anyone else? Viktor should have taken Soleas’ bullshit as the first omen and figured out some excuse to keep from coming to this whole gathering.

Just keep looking ahead Viktor. Just keep looking ahead and pretend nothing is wrong. Because nothing was wrong. This didn't bother him in the slightest, nothing bothered him. Being bothered meant he couldn't withstand it, and like hell was he going to admit he couldn't withstand being in the same room as someone like Pilot Lockhart.

Creeping heat rose against the back of his neck, and it was not at all helped by Soleas’ terribly close proximity. Seriously, Viktor could feel every last breath, and it had every last one of his hairs standing on end.

“...Good breeding,” he said, finally deigning to glance to the side, fixing Soleas with a cool green stare, “and some actual pride in my appearance. But, of course, you make do with what you have.”

Pilot Lockhart was saying something, and Viktor couldn't help a little twitch of his fingers as the man listed off their names, finishing off with an ‘at your service’ that absolutely did not make the back of his neck burn hotter. What was going on with this room, had someone adjusted the air conditioning.

Viktor looked over at Soleas again, lips pressed into a thin line. Maybe if he focused on the other Candidate's stupid face it would help keep him level. But those mock moon-eyes were rapidly making him regret his decision.

It was like Soleas existed to piss him off. He was certainly fulfilling his purpose, of that there was no doubt. Viktor’s overheated neck, however, refused to abate.

“I think I will partake in the pizza, now.” Viktor rose to his feet, if a bit stiffly, almost aggressively aware of himself and his gait all the way to the table. Gods all, but he was on edge, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to hide that fact.

Stop it, you're a Blackmourne, act like it.

He sighed, looked over to Aspen, and then gestured at the pizza, the universal signal of asking if she'd like a slice.

Offline Bunbun

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 06:49:55 pm »
Bzzt.

A sudden alert coming from her phone tore Vanessa's attention away from the massive textbook in front of her, interrupting what she had intended to be a rather intense studying session. It was strange- she'd set her status to "do not disturb" temporarily so she wouldn't get millions of alerts from the Candidate chat while she was trying to work- and for a second she wondered if she'd done something to get herself in trouble. Panicking slightly, she went for her phone and checked her messages... only to find a reminder she'd set for herself a while earlier.

Oh, crap. The party! She must've let it slip her mind while she was busy studying. That didn't exactly leave her very much time to get ready. Or any time, really. She didn't bother spending any time trying to make herself look pretty, just kinda shoved her books to the corner of her desk and bolted out of her room. She couldn't afford to be late!

When she arrived at the entrance to the room a few minutes later, the first thing she noticed was the emotions radiating from a few of the other candidates. Aspen appeared to be on the verge of a panic attack, and Viktor was practically boiling over with rage. Then, of course, there was Vaughan; Vanessa was familiar with the effect he tended to have on others, and even if it was completely unintentional, she appreciated it nonetheless. It was probably going to make this party a whole lot easier for her. She made sure to give him a shy little wave as she stepped into the room.

The second thing she noticed was how, well, big everyone seemed to be. She knew she was a little on the shorter size, but a good majority of the people present dwarfed her in comparison. It almost felt as if she could sneak off now and nobody would notice, but there was hardly any reason to do that... not at the moment, at least.

Okay... what to do first? Well, she could go grab a slice of pizza, but Aspen looked like she could faint at any second if she didn't get some help. Taking a moment to steel herself for the sea of emotion she was about to walk into, she made her way over to the other girl and put on her best smile.

"Aspen! What did I miss? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Offline Blink

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »
Everything that happened for the next few moments did not even register in Aspen's mind. She was still too stuck on the fact that Vaughan just embarrassed her in front of everyone.

Eventually, though she did snap out of it, almost like her mind had to do a system reboot before it could function properly again. That is what happened after all when the attacks set in, her entire body just shut down after a bit. Thankfully it always passed quickly.

Vanessa's voice was the first thing to reach her as she heard her say her name. Apparently, she looked like she had just seen a ghost, what a shock.

"I-I think I'm okay Vanessa." Man was this hard. So many people that she barely knew. "Thanks for asking."

Her eyes then darted over to Soleas and Viktor doing what they do best. Viktor looking like Soleas was the most annoying thing on the planet while Soleas batted his eyes at him.

Aspen picked up on Viktor's signal and nodded, taking in a deep breath as she mustered the courage to move her feet again. She even managed to smile a bit, almost completely normal for all of two seconds.

"Pizza...." she thought. The prize for such a gruesome experience thus far. Okay, maybe not gruesome. The song was nice and everyone was being friendly. A better word would be emotionally exhausting.

"Want some pizza, Vanessa?" Girl code for 'We must stick together to protect ourselves from the ravenous pack of wolves.'

Marakai2.0

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 04:35:50 am »
After Matt and Viktor stepped around him to properly enter the room, Garza contented himself to move towards the seats. Pizza was coming. Pizza and a movie, with his fellow candidates. Finally, something other than the hum-drum of constant drills and psionics training, and idly poking at the chat those few hours before he would attempt sleep.

Oh, those tiny changes, how they affected life! He chuckled at the thought, attempting to keep it low-key to avoid looking insane.

But then, Vaughan arrived, and promptly began serenading Aspen, and suddenly that chuckle became much louder once Garza saw Aspens reaction. The poor girl looked as if she were about to fall to the ground right then and there.

And then, Garza could smell something truly heavenly - grease, cheese, pepperoni. Oh, ye Gods and all your Holy Glory, the pizza was finally here. Garza nodded respectfully when he was addressed, rumbling out a quite "thank you, sir" before dragging himself to feet.

He made his way in the girls' direction, where they seemed to have extricated themselves from the attention of the more extroverted of the group.

"Excuse me," he said, in an attempt to squeeze his large frame in and not bump into either one of them.

"The pizza is calling my name. 'Eat me, Garza,' it says. I must answer the call." He grinned down at them, one red eye winking.

Offline Lion

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 01:56:41 am »
Soleas just couldn't help himself. That vague satisfaction of watching Viktor squirm came in part because the stage 3 Candidate made it so easy to get underneath his skin. Good breeding he said, and if those eyes were any indication, Soleas could tell he was hoping to melt the skin right off his face. The amount of giddy along that brought him made Soleas hold back a snort.

This kid just didn't know how to take a joke did he? He was all sixes and sevens before the sun even came up over the dome. Now here they were in a pizza party, ready to watch awesome movies and he couldn't get over his need to treat everyone with pretentious contempt. Hmm, well, if it meant taking the brunt of the abuse over everyone else, Soleas was more than happy to put himself neck deep into the fray.

"I know you like me all rough and tumble. It's the least I can do for you," he hummed in response, meeting those cold green eyes, haughty grin spreading even more.

Soleas was even content to let Blackmourne move away and gravitate toward the pizza. Who, after all, was the star of the show. Crocnado would start soon enough. "Oh please, sate your appetite. I'll be here, for your eyes to feast on when you get back," Soleas grinned, watching Viktor step away and he snickered.

Oh, oh holy shit that was a big one. Candidate Garza was even bigger up close and Banning had to step back to keep from being physically rundown by the Candidate. That and well everyone else was closing in around the succulent pizza pies Banning had purchased with his own credits from Todie's. A dozen pizzas. It was a good thing he thought ahead enough to get that many. Garza alone looked like he could eat one half of that accumulated amount.

Furthermore, he was just happy to see that they were smiling, something to look forward to amidst the humdrum dull drone of physical training, psionics, and academics. This was the future of Aeodolis, the Pilots of tomorrow. Ah, with the best assumptions in mind and all that.

"So you guys ready to watch awesomely terrible movies?" Banning beamed, addressing the group. "Because I have...the DIRECTOR'S CUT EDITION! HELL YES! I'll go set it up guys. You enjoy that pizza."  He winked at the lot of them, ran his hands through his hair and moved to the media room off to the side. A screen had already dropped down to display the film and the reflective display shone silver as Banning set the movie up.

Soleas felt his stomach growl, and if he didn't get up, he was going to miss out on all that deliciousness. So he swooped out of that chair and joined Aspen's side, sliding an arm around her shoulders and slipping in between her and Viktor, slinking his arm in and ever so slightly grazing his elbow against Blackmourne's, because why not?

"Oooh, that one with the nice sausage is the one for me, yessironi," he hummed, and plopped the end of the pizza in his mouth, and grinned widely to Viktor with his teeth full of cheese and marinara sauce.  "Shall we take our seats for the movie, dearest ones? It's about to begin."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 04:32:44 pm »
The pizza table got crowded insanely fast. Everyone seemed to be trying to get a share of that greasy, cheesy goodness while it was still as hot and fresh as it could possibly be. Not that Matt could blame any of them. The smells wafting from those stacked boxes was a thousand times better than anything produced by the cafeteria food.

Ducking to grab a couple slices of whatever, because Matt could eat anything on his pizza, he performed a bit of a hit and run on the table. With everyone closing in on the table it almost felt like he might get trapped if he didn’t get in and out quickly. With his prizes firmly in hand, he skirted around the throng and snorted a soft laugh at Soleas using the word yessironi for any reason whatsoever. The guy was not acting in the chat, he really was a character!

Matt plopped himself back in a back middle seat, getting himself the perfect viewing location for the dumpster fire that was this movie. It was going to be amazing. From the rear he could watch not only the movie, but everyone else. Plus he was tall enough, and he didn’t want to take up a front seat and maybe block someone’s view.

Everyone was already talking and interacting with everyone else, and Matt had barely spoken to anyone at all. He stuffed his mouth with pizza just in case anyone thought to try to change that. Talking in chat was one thing, talking to them all here and now was a little different. Cliques seemed to have already begun forming, if he was honest with himself. Viktor, Soleas, and Aspen in particular seemed to be in a league of their own. Well, he supposed they did talk a lot in the chat. He was usually busier and had less time to goof around with them.

He wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing. On the one hand, he should be very busy – studying, drills, anything to help him along towards becoming a Pilot. The other hand just made him feel kind of lonely. Matt wanted to leave the program with friends that would be Pilots with him.

Pilots he would already know well and trust.

Ah well, he should just enjoy the pizza and the movie. He could worry about it later. Even if the movie was terrible, watching Soleas annoy the fuck out of Viktor would be a hoot and a half.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal