Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: All Your Base Are Belong To Us (Rhiiii!)  (Read 247 times)

Offline Nix

All Your Base Are Belong To Us (Rhiiii!)
« on: April 26, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
It had been a while since they both attended a convention in Haviah. Gwilim wasn't particularly fond of the dizzying vertical city, but Renatus despised it. He hated the glass walkways. He hated the never ending sense of vertigo. He hated how in this busy city it seemed impossible to get around between his tail and being stopped by fans.

At least once they were inside the large hotel where the convention was being held he felt less like he was going to fall off something or be stepped on. This was clearly a city designed for people with feet. Or wings. Well... It was dragon central after all. Renatus flipped his long braid over his shoulder and sighed exasperatedly once he was able to coil up on their huge hotel bed. "Remind me why we agreed to come to HGC?" He muttered grumpily as he placed one of the pillows over his face. Ooooh it was soft at least.

Gwilim was unpacking their suitcase and trying to not let the stress of his schedule for the next few days- or his over reacting partner, get to him. He lifted his rectangular glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose. The question wouldn't have been that bad if he hadn't answered it at least 15 times on the trip from Aurora to Haviah. "Well the organizers of the Haviah Gaming Convention have been trying to get you to come for years since you are such a well loved and talented voice actor. I heard they sold out as soon as they announced you would finally be attending. Also my company has two new games coming out this year so they wanted me to do a panel about them and such... you agreed because you wanted to go visit Quirin after the con."

"Quirin~" Renatus lifted the pillow and looked at his nerdy little partner. "We should have had a second child Gwilim... I miss my baby so much! Do you think he is doing ok? We should have come sooner..."

"He is a candidate. I am sure he isn't ok Ren." Gwilim muttered. "And you are the one who said it isn't good to visit until a candidate reaches stage 4."

"I read that! It said it only makes it harder if they are thinking about their family and friends. They need to focus on their training, so you should not visit till they are stage 4, even if it takes years!" Renatus pouted, his torso now dangling over the edge of the bed.

Gwilim had never told his partner that he had visited their son when on business trips to Haviah. It wasn't exactly a secret that Gwilim Cael was not a fan of the Candidate program. The game designer wasn't particularly outspoken about it but there were allusions in some of his early games that had not gone unnoticed. He had nothing but respect for Pilots and the military, but he felt it was unjust, morally wrong and a waste of potential to TRIM those who failed the program due to lack of skill as apposed to treasonous inclinations. It was heart wrenching to have his only son's fate be precarious.

Renatus slid off the bed, his long serpent tail pooling on the floor before he made his way over to his lover, coiling around him and hugging him tight. "You think I'm horrible don't you?"

"No Ren I don't. Come on. Let's go meet with the convention organizers and get the schedule, ok?" Gwilim said patting his partner before wiggling out of the coils. He didn't even have to look at the other to know he was pouting. Though he did resign to following the game designer without complaint.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal