Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: All The Stars In Between  (Read 7727 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: All The Stars Inbetween
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
A moment and Cordelia looked at Mars - who looked mostly fleshy - and then at herself. Her two metal legs. Her obviously fake arm. A brief glance down at herself and she supposed she had decent enough tits. Maybe that was going to be her selling point. 'Great tits,' Yeah. That sounded great.  Cordelia made do with her 'clothing' and frowned at it.

She took full advantage of the silly outfit Mars had on and eyed up his midsection with an entertained smirk.

If they were going to die or be sold, there was no use worrying about it.

So, Cordelia looked at him and keep her expression neutral before cracking a smirk, watching him fix his jaw before she folded her arms over her chest and sighed. "How are you feeling? Head sore? That was... Impressive, back there." She meant the weird eye glowey thing - which could be indicated by the way she opened and closed her hands by her eyes. "Wanna rest your head on my lap and try to nap?" She wiggled her hands at her thighs - which were indeed, still fleshy.

Offline Lion

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2017, 10:29:44 pm »
"I'm okay. In the head I mean, "he said and gestured to his skull. Mars blinked hard, shutting his eyes of the faintly flickering lights and making it so that he was listening to nothing more than Cordelia's breathing and the faint hum of the pressure valves surrounding their chambers.

"But here....I didn't think I'd end up in a cage again."  He took her up on her offer without saying anything and scooted over to where she was, reclining so that his head fell lightly on her lap.  It was cool and yet he could feel the warmth of her blood flowing through her veins. 

Still human somewhere. "I'm sorry about your ship. It's probably scrap now."  He looked up and noticed something he hadn't seen above the cell door, Led lights flashing the day and month and year....  His eyes widened and his heart leapt into his throat.  He felt them burn with growing tears. "Is that...is that date right?" he asked Cordelia.  "The sign above the door."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:14 pm »
Cordelia gave a helpless little shrug.

"Well, at least you have company this time?" It was a question because... Was that better? Maybe it was worse?  Still, when he got comfy on his lap, she pushed her fingers through his hair for something to do, the other one resting on his chest. Getting as relaxed as she could, she closed her eyes and got comfortable, ready for the long haul and being glad that she had no real legs to go numb from the weight of Mars's head.

"The date?" She questioned, voice soft before her own eyes popped open and she looked at it. Was it? "Looks right, I haven't been really keeping track." She spoke, eyes drifting closed again having answered his questions, fingers still moving through his hair, "Oh..." Golden eyes popped open and she sat up a little straight to look down at her companion.

"I never... I never said the date before, did I?" She licked her lips, hand still pressed to his chest, "I didn't even think of it. Stop..." She noticed his eyes and moved her hand to - hopefully- block out the sight of the led lights with her palm in the way. "Don't look at it, okay? Just... Close your eyes and... I'm right here, okay? Just turn your head and put your ear on my thigh and ... Listen to my heart beat? You can hear that through thighs, right? I guess my chest works too. That has built in pillows."

Offline Lion

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »
Mars tried not to look at it but the flashing LED lights reflected in his eyes even after he shut them. He turned his head, and subsequently his whole body to wrap arms around her waist.  Even with the attempted comfort, it couldn't stave off the sorrow that slowly built inside him. he buried his face against her belly, which was hard and soft in some parts, but he didn't complain.

"I'm sorry," he murmured after several long moments. "I just didn't realize how long I'd been asleep. I don't know how long my ship was like that. I don't know where the others are...if there are any,"   He squeezed his eyes shut tightly and he laid his head slightly more relaxed against her. "More than 60 years... "
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:40:51 pm by Lion »

Offline Draconian

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 10:21:38 pm »
Cordelia's chest tightened and she curled down around him, hand smoothing up and down his back while her real one carded through his hair. What was she supposed to do? There wasn't a kitchen to good humorously suggest quickies in. Still, she held him close and offered what comfort she could.

"Today is just not a good day for you, huh?" She murmured, hand giving his bicep a squeeze before she simply... Held him. "Sixty years isn't that long," Cordelia tried to reason, hand still pushing through his hair, "That's not even a whole life time, that's... I dunno. 60% of it.  That leaves 40% of a regular human length life left," She sighed and ducked her head down, not really too sure what to say about it. Or what she was trying to do. Comfort?

"We'll get out and figure out how to find some of your people, hmm? Maybe I can sleep my way out of here, I mean, my cooch isn't enhanced but I don't use it often - or like ever - so that's good, right?" Cordelia was mostly just talking to listen to herself speak at that point but her hand didn't stop it's movements through his hair and she sighed again. "Maybe you should get some rest, hmm? I'll be here when you wake up, because someone tearing your pillow from under you will probably wake you up - if that happens."

Offline Lion

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2017, 11:02:47 pm »
Even if she wasn't sure of what she was doing, it brought comforting tingles down his back and along his scalp. The length of life for a human varied greatly and even more with one such as he.  He knew sorrow could only hold him for so long lest he let the silence in his mind drive him insane.

They were farther away now. And it seemed as it it had been so much longer than that 60 years. Perhaps it didn't seem that long to her, and it was only a flickering memory in his mind's eye. Mars closed his eyes and laid his head back down on her lap, reaching up and touching her face gently with his thumb, bracing the side of her cheek.

"Thank you.  I don't know if I can ever repay you...But I'm glad you found me." he murmured and pressed his head in against her body.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 11:25:35 pm »
It was an odd moment of tenderness and Cordelia pressed her cheek against his hand. A sort of hug. Only his palm and her face. Her hand didn't stop gliding through his light hair and she looked down at him to examine his features. With his eyes closed he wouldn't know she was staring. Still, she smiled, a friendly one and she smoothed her thumb over his forehead in slow circles.

"I'm glad I found you, too," She said quietly because this probably would have happened anyway and she would have been alone here. Cordelia felt her heart thump a little faster at the idea of being alone here. Was it just the company that comforted her or who she was with?

Probably the who part. This guy seemed calm and steady. Besides, he'd seen her naked and didn't stare. Probably also into the men-folk which meant it'd be fine to keep him around. Things were less complicated that way.

"Sleep," She whispered, hand still in his hair, voice soft. "We'll be woken up when they sell us or whatever. No use worrying about it right now."

Offline Lion

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2017, 08:05:42 am »
Mars did fall asleep, although it was light and somewhat fitful. He heard screams from across the way and woke up because of them, staring at the door. He couldn't be sure if the screams were from his dreams or from the ship itself. Something in the silence was startling, and disturbed him to the bone.

"Cord," he whispered and sat up, shifting closer to her.  "Something is wrong." And it was then that the magnetic lock on their cell door clicked and the door slid open.

[Thinking either being attacked by alien creature or perhaps a mutiny, just making it up as I go.]

Offline Draconian

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2017, 10:22:30 pm »
Cordelia jerked awake at the sound of an awful nickname.

Right. Her name.

She stretched while listening, mouth open in a yawn and only half listening when the door slid open and she froze. Cordelia slowly closed her mouth, stared at the door, stared down at Mars and moved her hands down to press against him in a slight moment of panic.

"What the shit," She whispered, looking at the door and frowning at how quiet it was. How... Silent.

Never a good thing on a ship.

"How about we close the door and just stay in here," She nodded to the door, "At least we'll be safe sort of."

Offline Lion

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2017, 12:16:00 am »
She was right. He knew she was right. But after being held captive in a capsule for approximately sixty years, he was tired of sitting in one spot. Staying here would leave them vulnerable no matter what. If they could find a way off this vessel, or perhaps find out what was going on, they could survive.

"I dunno," he whispered. "Feels a lot like being bait in a cage. And I'd rather not wait to find out, you know. Besides, I'd really rather not just let myself go down so easy.  Are you with me?"

He stood up and held out his hand to her to help her from the bench. He stood by the door until they were ready, opening it only a fraction when the moment felt right. The hum of the engine told him the ship was still in motion and perhaps it was only this level that was silent. Mars stepped on through into the shadow, the floor only lit by neons beneath the grates. giving way to emptiness.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2017, 10:40:50 pm »
Cordelia sucked in a breath and let it out slowly.

"Have I mentioned I'm not brave? Or a hero?" Still, she took his hand though. Helped herself up and made sure to make herself decent. Wouldn't want to get eaten alive with her vagina hanging out. Terribly unladylike. Cordelia took metallic steps - she couldn't help it, her feet were made of metal - and waited.

"Well... Is death in the air?" Her voice was soft but her pulse was even. It was easy to be Not Scared when you - while not brave - didn't really fear dying. "I saw a movie about an alien and it had a mouth in it's mouth, Blood was acid," She wrinkled her nose, "Think we could punch one out fine?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 11:52:52 pm »
[Lol. I thought she had clothes on...y'know the rags? xD]

Mars glanced at her and her ladyparts. Nothing to be ashamed about there. Punching aliens and monsters. great.  It was a sound plan once they figured out what was going on. Moving down the corridor gave way with someone running toward them.

Mars grabbed Cordelia and pulled her into the shadows, hiding in the dark until the pirate ran around the corner. As they turned, he snatched the man by the ankle and dropped him to the ground. The gun in his hand clattered to the ground and Mars was on him in an instant.

"What the hell is going on here!?" he hissed.

"You!  You're the cargo...!  How did you get-"

Mars gripped his hand around his throat. "Answer me."

"Fffuck!  Fuck if I know!  There was screaming on the com from this level, and then the power went out. Rex sent me to investigate!"

Mars took his head firmly in hand and slammed it hard against the grate until the man was sufficiently knocked out.  He took the gun and any cartridges that were on his person and handed them to Cordelia. "I guess only more questions come from that. Let's hope it's not a monster like in that movie."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2017, 07:16:16 pm »
[Yeah! Rags! No panties! her bit's'll show if she moves too much!]

Cordelia watched, a little frightened, when Mars went all Commando soldier on the pirate-soldier-guard-guy and blinked owlishly while she watched. Trying in vain to pull her clothing down to cover her parts appropriately so. It was drafty.

Then things were pushed into her hands and she opened her mouth to protest.

"I don't..." She started, looking at the gun, her one real hand was started to get all sweaty from nerves. While she put up a good front, she was no soldier and would much prefer to hide until the danger went away. "I don't know how to use a gun," She said to Mars, licking her lips and shaking her head.

"I can just stick my legs in it's mouth or something, high quality and all that, right?" She whispered, looking down at her metal shins, "I seriously don't know how to use these though," She repeated, holding out the gun and cartridges to Mars, looking a little worried now.

Offline Lion

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2017, 08:58:05 pm »
It was Mars' turn to stare at her owlishly at her admission. But what could he expect. In truth, it was probably the wrong time to admit it. Better later when they were somewhat safe. If they could get off this fucking ship or commandeer it.  He looked between her and the gun and he carefully moved to stand behind her.

"You'll have to learn. I don't much like guns myself, but if you must survive, better to have it than not," he said and carefully wrapped his hand around hers, raising the gun to aim ahead of the corner of the door they'd come out of.  "The sights are on the front. Trust the weight of the gun, but don't let it overwhelm you. Steady, take in a deep breath now. Release, and pull the trigger. Aim at what's in front of you and you can't go wrong. Take a practice shot on the wall. Try to hit that burn mark by the cell door."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2017, 11:11:22 pm »
Cordelia found she quite liked his flesh on hers and, while not the time nor the place, she wished she had more real limbs to feel it against. Right. Quick gun lesson.

Golden eyes focussed on Mars and she gave a weak little nod. Cordelia was a talker, not a fighter and she took in a steady breath and aimed and shot aaand... it was okay. The mark was in the vacinity of where he'd told her to shoot and she hit.. the area.

Same thing, right?

"Okay, shot the gun. Let's go?" She pressed her cheek to his arm, needing a moment, however fleeting, of comfort. A careful breath and she looked around, "I'll keep you safe, I guess? Uhm... But you're scarier than me, so you go first."

Offline Lion

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2017, 11:38:47 pm »
The contact was a comfort that Mars did not voice.

"Good for the first one," he said. "We can take it from here. Whatever is going on here, we can handle it." He nodded to her and did as she bid him. Really he wasn't sure what more he could do, since she seemed resilient only in limbs more than anywhere else. He crouched low, running along the corridor to where a lift would take them up.

Yet it's lack of power was telling. "The ladder. That'll lead us up, I think. And keep us largely out of view of the halls."  He saw the ladder within the cylinder of the lift, and saw that a port door beneath was opened.  And something else was dripping.  Something green.

Mars paused.  He felt a jolt in their surroundings. "It's close.  Whatever it is... But this is the only way up."  He paused and looked across to anything that might be useful. It was too bad that pirate only had the one gun, so he instead found a loose pipe from the side of the wall and pried it, keeping it part in hand as he began to scale the ladder.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2017, 11:06:17 pm »
We can handle it.

Cordelia mocked him in her head. So confident. For what? The space monster was going to eat them and that would be that. She'd never... Cordelia swallowed her fear and nodded. It would be fine. Sort of. Sure she was totally mostly naked and should have spend the last half hour of her life banging the weird kinda hot guy who was just recently a Dudesicle.

Instead.

She let him nap.

Cordelia looked up when he started up the ladder, opened her eyes wide and then immediately looked back down. Whoops. Just saw way more of him than she'd wanted to even before she decided she'd tap that. Still she followed, making sure to keep her eyes level with the ladder because looking up was... Well. Some hard core too much information. "If I get eaten first, do you promise to remember me?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2017, 11:57:51 pm »
[Lol, wasn't he wearing pants? xD I don't remember]

Mars scaled the ladder quickly until it brought them into the base of the lift, sparks emerging from ripped wires and cords. He looked down and helped Cordelia up through the opened hatch.  What....  What a weird question.

Since he really had no memory of anything else - not without adequate time at least - he supposed it was a promise he could keep. "Truthfully," he muttered. "I don't think I could forget you."  He smiled at her and took her hand before pointing up to the shaft above them, the hatch already open.  Just one more climb.
He helped her up before following, jumping and pulling himself up.

"Well you remember me?  If I die, that is?" he asked.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2017, 11:21:34 pm »
[ you said they were rags! rags mean like, useless shitty shirts. SO THAT'S WHAT THEY GET.]

His inability to potentially forget her was pleasing and Cordelia sighed a small breath of relief she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Still, she held her breath as a nervous habit and let herself be lead along by Mars, appreciating his ability to think so clearly in a very shitty situation. Cordelia sort of wanted to just wake up in her shitty little ship and drift off into deep space and then die of starvation. Maybe find a jug of water and drown herself.

Deep breaths.

Cordelia tried to help him up after the second climb, hands on his arms and chest and hips, finally he was up and she was on her knees looking at him.

"Well, sure," She said, silly smile on her face, humour was obviously her number one ability and she deflected easily with it. "I don't think I'll ever forget the man I didn't bane within two hours of meeting," It was a tease and she easily stood up, impulsively dusting off her metal knees. Cordelia took another big breath and held it, cheeks puffed out before she let it out in a whoosh.

"So..." she looked at the gun in her hand, amazing that'd she climbed all this way up with it without shooting herself. A weary glance at the gun. Now that she'd thought it she was pretty sure the thing would just float, turn around and put a hole through her heart. "What do we kill?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »
[I did mean more like raggedy clothes, lol. But rags work too!]

It was nice to know that she didn't easily fall under stress. At least not outwardly. Nothing was worse than trying to undergo a life or death situation with someone else that was prone to panic and mania. Mars could understand stress quite well, and yet he knew any attitude more than level-headedness would get them both killed.

Standing in the elevator shaft didn't bring Mars any comfort.  And he looked up and saw more drippings around them. The walls were aglow with a neon liquid. It lit their way, but also made Mars' stomach drop at the thought they were dealing with something less human.

He climbed up to the open door just above them, leading up to the next level, grunting with effort. "Likely an alien, and from the color of that glowing substance...it's probably bleeding.  Which means someone wounded it."  The ship seemed much larger from the inside than it was, but they had been below in the brig, and were now mid-level.  They would need to get up onto the bridge to commandeer the vessel.

Which Mars had every intention of doing.

That was when another scream was heard, echoing savagely down the hallway from where they were, and there Mars saw Ratchet trying to run, coming out of an open powered door, only to be dragged back by a yellow-tipped tail, and there Mars saw a brief glance at the creature that was now tearing apart that space pirate.

Black and yellow spots dotted it's scaly form, and although it had no mouth on it's humanoid face - with black glassy bulbs for eyes - with four arms, and tendrils sticking out from it's back. Then...then Mars saw the mouth, the face splitting open vertically and attempting to eat whatever meat it found.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal