Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: On To The Next Job [Lilith]  (Read 1128 times)

WarhawkZ

On To The Next Job [Lilith]
« on: October 02, 2016, 01:11:38 pm »
Once his Raider was docked and secured, Warhawk finally lets himself droop ing the command couch. "Better frelling pay me for my trouble Mr. Zkullion." he softly snarled. Closing his eyes as the last fifteen days replayed like an unwanted movie. Racing from planet to planet, horse trading the whole way to complete his current job. 'To damn long.' he thought, roughly rubbing his face.

Standing, he entered his quarters and took a quick shower. Changing, he grabbed his sleeveless duster from the hook and went to the cargo bay. Entering Warhawk checked his manifest to be sure he was at the correct destination. Nodding after reassuring himself he's where he needs to be, he felt the station's cargo hauler dock. Glancing Warhawk watched the light flash green before opening the hatch. Meeting the station's loadmaster, he reviewed and signed the necessary paperwork.

An hour later Warhawk found himself in the station's bar with Mr. Zkullion's representative. Listening quietly to the man, he held his gaze just off to the side. "My employer wants to thanks for service and has given permission to pay the agreed amount plus a twelve thousand credit for your speed." Focusing on the man, he swiped his credit chit over the pad and saw the confirmation. "Thank you." Warhawk said as the man departed. Once alone, he settled in for a long needed break. "When I get back to ship, line up more jobs." he added softly, drinking from him drink.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:27:04 am by WarhawkZ »

ARAD V1.0

Re: On To The Next Job [Lilith]
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 01:42:16 am »
"And here I am, two pirate cruisers behind me," Lillith went on, telling a tale to some fellow smugglers, colleagues of her. People who looked up to her since she was one of the fastest pilots around.

"These fuckers are persistent, following me from the Echelon system already. They spool up their weapons and get ready to gann the Constantine," she smirked. "But my ol' faithful doesn't get shot so easily. I charge my hyperdrive, which they can see, but the energy spike hides the activation of my stealth system aswell. So they got no idea what happened, because apparently, their navigators are blind sloths with sticks up their asses," at that, the pilots surrounding her table burst into laughter.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
Having left his booth, Warhawk paused at the burst of laughter from a distant table. Curiosity overriding his usually dormant loner tendencies, he silently appoarched the souce of the sound. Nearing it he slowed as he saw light haired female pilot speaking. What interested him most was her pastel eyes. 'I miss you Ratari.' Warhawk mused as memories of his dead third cousin flickered. Taking an empty seat after an older pilot offer him a space.

He continued to listen the story while instantly disappearing in the group's raucous excitement. Inwardly sighly Warhawk tilted his head slightly when wondered if being alone is his lot. Which he knew he might deserve given his past and what he's done. 'I am broken after all.' he thought.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 04:56:44 pm »
She glanced at Warhawk as he sat by, well, it wasn't too unusual. Most of the rookies, how she judged him, came to listen to her for advice they might find in her numerous stories. She grinned, holding out a hand. "Icarus," she called, "next beer equals next story!" And soon, an opened bottle of beer was handed to her.

When Warhawk had sat down, he would've noticed the large, canine machination resting it's head on her lap, blue eyes indicating it's docile state of mind.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:26:23 pm »
"What do you fly youngin?" In response to the question Warhawk placed a pad on the table and pressed a button. The holographic display of his Raider materialized. "Got her from a mothballed fleet several light years outside of Aedolis. Took a few weeks to get her spaceworthy again." he states, slugging back his drink. "Thought they were," "Notoriously hard to fly? Maybe for an unaccustomed pilot, but not so much for me. My former home world had ships more temperamental and finicky. So I'm used to worse." Warhawk added, seeing subtle grasp from the man. Turning his gaze to Lilith, he stared into her pastel eyes and says more to himself while looking away, "Wish that I didn't survive a civil war. No sensible girl would want to be close to me. To much blood on my hands. But i can still hope."

Slipping his pad back in it's pocket he shook his head to clear it. "Continue with your story ma'am, it would be more cheerful than any of mine."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:27:26 pm by WarhawkZ »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 08:44:39 am »
Lillith took a solid swig from her drink, before glancing at the newcomer, frowninh at the remark. She put the bottle down on the table womith a soft sigh. "Way to kill the mood here," she answered with a soft sigh, slumping back in her seat. The machination sat up and rapsed it's metallic tongue against her face.

She shook her head and patted Seventhreer's head before glancing around the group that had gathered, before smirking softly. "Regardless. Who wants to hear just how you cheese through the Argon Hyperlanes? I garantuee you that it's nothing but Lady Luck is stacking her deck in my favour."

WarhawkZ

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »
"Sure!" Warhawk turned his gaze to the mecha hound and slightly tilted his head. 'A question for later.' he thought. Mentally wading back into the background, he found himself checking Lilith out. 'She's very pretty.' he added. "I usually use old rarely used hyperlanes for my jobs. Little to no government annoyances to deal with. Plus less taxes." Warhawk threw out.

Shutting his eyes, he tighten his shields against his past memories. 'Wish they were leave alone.' he mused.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »
Lillith smirked at that. "You see. A typical, tax-paying amateur," she stuck her tongue out, before bowing her head. "Sorry, she added, but giggling. "You see, the trick is going fast enough so they can't even try to get you to pay taxes," she concluded, sitting up straight again with a soft smirk.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 01:47:45 am »
"Maybe, but my experiences with governments have left a bad taste in my mouth. Sure they are doing their jobs, but some are just hired bullies. That makes want bash their face into any conveniently hard surface repeatedly." he states with half smirk. Turning his gaze away, Warhawk subconsciously glanced about. 'Old habits die hard.' he mused. As an emotion from his past flickered across his face, Warhawk sighed inwardly.

"Don't have anyone in the universe to lean on. They're all dead and buried, thank idiots and a long standing war." The thought slipped through his mouth before he could stop it. 'Damn it. Why did that throw itself out there? No one would understand where I coming from. I'm not from this part of the universe.' he mused while palming his face in annoyance.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 01:58:50 pm »
"And that's extactly the reason I don't pay!" Lillith answered with a chuckle, downing her beer, keeping silent for a moment as she heard the man talking to himself, before sighing softly. "Alright, look here," she answered, sitting back. "I met a man, very nice person, years I've known him. We loved eachother and decided to marry," she added with a soft smile.

"Then, he tied me up, drugged me and slowly started to torture me. He was a psychopath and a serial killer," she chuckled softly, patting Seventhreer's head. "If it wasn't for his self destruct, I'd have died there. I had.. To rebuild him," she sighed softly, closing her eyes momentarily.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 01:02:16 am »
Warhawk, acting on an impulse that probably should have been stomped bead, stood and held out a hand. "Want to sway and pretend we're other people?" he inquired. Excepting to get shoot down for his trouble. 'Foolish Megido, what the hell are you thinking?'  'Shut up.' he silently snarled at the mental voice. Shoving that voice back to the hole it came from, found himself hoping that would she say yes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:37:36 am by WarhawkZ »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 05:16:27 am »
She frowned slowly. "Look, I'm sure you're a nice guy," she answered with a soft sigh. "And so was the guy that almost tortured me to death. I don't know you, so I don't trust you," she answered, perhaps a tad more blunt than she had liked. "No offense," she added with a soft murmur.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »
"Figured as much. Thought I'd ask anyway since anyone I might lean on are dead and on the opposite side the universe." he said more to himself than anything. Sitting back down,  Warhawk failed to see the others back up slightly. His gaze stopped on a cracked mirrored surface. 'My dead eyed stare.' he thought dropping his gaze to the table. Choosing not to reiterate things I thought was true about him, he rests his head on his closed fist. "Everyone is broken to a point, guess I'm more broken than anyone here. But I'm not making excuses, did what I had to survive. Just want discrat myself from the loneliness that hound every step I take." he whispers softly. Falling silent Warhawk drew figure eights on the table.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 11:13:21 pm »
She shook her head, folding her arms. "You see dude, you're bulming everyone out," she sighed softly. "I'm sure everything that happened to you is tragic 'n all, but do you really need to around repeating it constantly?" She took another swig of her beer. "You won't make new friends through trying to get pity from them, it doesn't work that way. So stop that bummed out attitude, stop constantly pitying yourself, you'll meet new people that way."

She glanced at the people who were backing away now. "Because you're only scaring them off like this."

WarhawkZ

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 01:58:51 am »
Warhawk, knowing she had point, chose to keep his mouth shut. 'I'm damn idiot.' he thought pulling his hood over his face. Hearing the others return, he moved closer to the outer edge. Preparing to bolt at moment notice, he pulled the pad again and started to look for jobs. Blanking and stomping any thoughts that caused him to dig the hole he dug himself into, Warhawk just retreated mentally. A habit that wasn't any better than his constant rehashing the past, but it was the only one that usually kept him from making a fool out of himself.

Taking a last look at Lilith, he focused on the screen in front of him. 'Need to get a hold of myself and stop rehashing old shit.' he added, rubbing his face. It was several minutes before a job popped. Reading the details, he silently cursed. 'More than double what my Raider can haul in one trip.' he mused. Continuing on Warhawk was tempted to not accept it, but something reminded him that he's could split the cargo in half. Then he saw the deadline. "Fuck." left his lips before he could stop it. 'Finally found a dual ship job to Edanith, but I don't have a partner to run it with. Just my luck.' he thought.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:29:09 am by WarhawkZ »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:26 am »
Lillith sat back in her seat, silent now, pondering. The people that had surrounded her again started to chatter amongst themselves.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 07:00:20 pm »
"Screw it. Figure out how to deliever the cargo with only one ship, while doing on time." he murmured. Pulling up his Raider's cargo bay diagram Warhawk started to work on how he could make this work, hopefully in one trip.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 03:47:48 pm »
Lillith shook her head and petted Seventhreer. "Let's get back to the Constantine boy, see if we got any contracts incoming," she said to the metal canine, before it hopped down from her lap, stretching and waiting for her.

As soon as she got up, the creature made it's way out, closely followed by Lillith herself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal