Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What The Heck IS This?!? [Open][M]  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Nix

Re: What The Heck IS This?!? [Open][M]
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 11:28:42 pm »
Aisling rolled his eyes and looked at the drink menu idly. "Whatever you say Pilot Darchan." Start anew. Right and how would that work exactly. "So. You look we'll, how are you these days?" He supposed he could muster up some polite conversation for a fellow Pilot Royal. Even if he was obnoxiously handsome and annoying.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:11 am »
"I've been good," he answered, folding the card and putting it down when he decided on what he'd go for. "Thank you, how've you been?" He answered in kind, sitting back. "I've also heard some new Candidates coming in, you were selected mentor of one of them? Or does one perhaps catch your eye?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 06:00:14 pm »
"I am fine." He wasn't. He was stressed out and worried about being forced to retire soon. Being in front of a man who was practically immortal didn't help much. He glanced up at Sterak, envious and bitter.

He scoffed at the mention of candidates. "No. As of yet I am not mentoring any of them. I have my hands full teaching them now. Had you not heard? I was transfered to Candidate Affairs and was saddled with teaching a new trial course, Comprehensive Metal Alloys as they Pertain to Psionics. Or CMAPP for short. It is bogus busy work... They are just trying to force me to retire from active duty and join the ministry... Hah! That is the last place I want to be..." He muttered the last bit and put his menu down and looked off distantly briefly. In that moment he looked younger, like Ailill with darker longer hair, a fleeting moment of forlorn youthfulness.

Aisling looked back at Sterak. And scoffed shaking his head. "Not as if an old man like yourself would understand."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »
"And now. How are you, without lying?" Sterak immediately retorted, frowning softly. While he was adept at reading someones emotions, he didn't even need to try do that with thea foul stare Aisling gave him. He shook his head with a soft sigh. "I was aware. And while I don't imagine CMAPP being that bogus busy work you call it, the reasoning to remove you from active duty seems logical," he pondered audibly, claw rubbing his chin. "And I agree with you there. They tried to get me in. I just had to prove my patience was ill suited and me being in the field was.more adventageous." Memories momentarily captivated the Pilot Royal of the time they tried to get him as a politcian.

The first notion he had to defend was him chuckling and claiming he'd "burn this motherfucker to the ground." There were still clips out there from that.

"With age comes wisdom, Aisling, remember that." He sat up again, leaning his elbows on the table. "You may not have your youthful looks anymore, but you are smarter now," he took a deep sigh. "And with old age comes charm, that is also something you may want to consider. I'd pick an experienced partner over an impudent whelp at any time."

Offline Nix

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 04:28:13 am »
His face twitched a bit. "Logical? I am just as capable as you are Sterak. There is no reason I should have to retire!" He leaned back in his seat, arms folded against his chest.

"And all this wisdom and charm nonsense. I have always been smart and charming and I still have my looks! Perhaps my skin has aged some but I certainly do not look my age! So do not rub your own unaged face in mine Sterak. I am still the noble descendant of both demon and fae kings! Whether or not you parade around with the title 'Oberon' does not diminish my natural ancestry." He scoffed again.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 04:34:17 pm »
"Nor did I insist so," he answered calmly. "I understand their logic, doesn't mean I agree with it."

The following part, however, made him pinch the bridge of his nose in annoyance, before it completely unfolded into a full facepalm. The man really had to turn everything around to focus on him. Well, at least Sterak tried to be civillized. He tried to remain friendly and understanding. But this.

And he did just not.

No one would be stupid enough to call Sterak out on his title and on his artificial being. "I have been made for perfection, you are merely an abomination of nature, an imperfect concept that is only useful for improvement." Sterak growled as he rose to his feet, black wings slowly unfolding. "I understand now why Ailill is disgusted by your presence," he added, more calm now. Yet, the chair he was on earlier slowly burbled down into a hot and molten liquid. "Your own blood and flesh is suffering, yet you are too self centered to see the real problems of the people you should care about," he chuckled softly.

"You're nothing but a petty pipsqueak. None the wiser than a Candidate. Age hasn't made you wiser, if anything, I'd blame it on dementia now," he answered, folding his arms, before turning around with a soft sigh and walking to one of the skybridges, his heated temper slowly cooling down more now.

Offline Nix

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 10:51:21 am »
That. He did not suffer fools lightly.

His own chair shattered into thousands of ice shards. He was dumbfounded by Sterak's tactless comments and sheer rudeness but he knew how to solve this. He would not loose his own temper further. Besides, his veins ran cold as ice now.

"Sterak. Your insults are fighting words, but you do not talk about my son like that. Especially when you are completely ignorant of our situation. And need I remind you you are not his father." Aisling practically hissed at the others retreating form. "You are far from perfection by the way. You are a mistake. If you ever want an 'abomination' to show you what you really are, drop by the ATC. We'll spar."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 10:04:28 am »
Sterak glanced over his shoulder. "I am not. Nor am I unable to ever have one," he chuckled myrthlessly. "And still, I'm a more capable father figure than you ever hope to be," he snarled softly. "You don't even speak to him. It is all, about -you-, not him."

"I am far from a mistake, I was made and tailored to a very specific design. But then again, that shows both physically and mentally, doesn't it, senile fart?"

He snorted softly, taking a deep breath. "I care not for your mindless challenge. I'd let my mission reports speak for themselves. But fine, we'll have that spar you seem to itch about." He rolled his shoulder. "I'll show you what a mixed blood mutt like yourself is worth."

Offline Nix

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 03:25:11 pm »
Aisling took a deep breath and exhaled a chill into the air. He was better than this. Better than Sterak and too good to be dragged into creating a further scene because of this OLD MAN'S foolishness.

"You speak of my heritage with such contempt, how can you pretend to care for Ailill. And as I said. You do not know our situation. I do speak with him, he does not wish to speak with me. Probably because of his mother, and you."

With that Pilot Sheehy brushed past Sterak, literally giving him the cold shoulder.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 02:38:20 pm »
"I need no pretending," Sterak answered. "I care for him. Do not blame me for your strained relationship, Pilot Royal Aisling," he said, glancing at the Pilot as he brushed past, following the man with his gaze.

But he had no further words for Aisling. Rather than that, he would show up at the ATC the next day, heading over to the training area.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal