Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Marketplace Browsing [Lloyd Orodelo]  (Read 827 times)

Offline Flakeblood

Marketplace Browsing [Lloyd Orodelo]
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:44:35 pm »
Thick smells of incense, fried food, sweat, and rust entwined in Lulu's nose. Vendors called out, customers argued, and the crowds jostled each other as they pushed to get to the next item of interest. Cancer's marketplaces were busy, as always.

Maneuvering through the crowd, with one eye always looking for potential pickpockets, Lulu made her way to a jewelry stall. She picked over the pieces with her eyes. She was actually pretty impressed. The craftsmanship was excellent, though the materials were colored glass or simple stones, professionally polished and bound together with various metals chains.

She wouldn't buy anything here. However, she did intend to ask the merchant a few questions on her products. Keeping up with the trends was important, but in her line of business, maintaining contacts was just as important.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:17:06 pm by Flakeblood »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

Re: Marketplace Browsing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »
"What so you mean 'I'm fired' ? Who else is going to make your ship hold in one piece you sac of ass? At least take me home or something, you know for time sakes!" Yelled Lilicka at the captain of the Cloudpiercer. "How am I supposed to go back by myself? I don't have a ship of my own!"

"I'm sorry Red but the boys... They had viscous intent toward you. At least here, the station can keep you safe. I didn't wanted to do this to you but you know..." Said the captain.

"Hey boss, we're going to be late if you keep it up! The dock manager isn't happy about it and isn't shy to let us know through com..." They herd from the inside.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming! Look Red, I'm truly sorry but..." He only turned around, never ending his sentence.

Lilicka look at the ship tacking off. Did she just saw, through a porthole, one of the crew member make a perverted and obscene gesture? She gave him a finger as a parting gift and threw the wrench she still clutched in he hand at the Cloudpiercer. It collided with the hull with a loud clonking noise. Jerks she thought.

"Well Red... There you are, stuck on Cancer. The hellhole of the Galaxy. Mom always knew you would end up there." She muttered to herself. "At least I'm far of those rapists. Geez. Well, let's not waste time and he'd towards the market, maybe I could find something to patch supper with."

Join the Hospitalier's Fleet, Protect Mankind!

New Characters brewing in my mind.

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Flakeblood

Re: Marketplace Browsing
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:56:09 pm »
"And this is the the most popular style for this month." The woman at the stall held out a necklace of pale pink stones, the cooler alloy wiring twisting around each stone in a pattern that looked like little turtle shells.

"Gorgeous." Lulu looked carefully at the small detailings in the stones. "I have to say, your skill is complimented by your artistic vision."

"Oh, you're just saying that. But thank you."

"May I come back tomorrow? I would like a demonstration of your technique, but I know you're busy."

"Of course! Darren mentioned you before; he said you enjoyed making jewelry. Come by at oh-eight-hundred."

Lulu have a brief smile of confirmation before turning towards the ports. She wasn't one to get back to the ship late, but she had visited many contacts today, and figured she deserved a drink. One of the nearby pubs had the best old-fashioneds in the red district.
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

Re: Marketplace Browsing [Lloyd Orodelo]
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 07:04:03 am »
Walking the docks, Lilicka wondered what to do about this whole situation. No money, no ship, far away from home... Wait...
     "The smudging stole my clothes! Damn perverted rats!" A facepalm quickly fallowed. "My clothes..." She whimpered. After a long sigh and a temple massage, she headed in the direction that made more sense to her: the Red district.

(Poor Lilicka, she didn't knew what was a red district.)

Walking down the streets, finally walked under the first red light. The air was charged with energy and tension. It was almost electric. Companions were gathering in the corners like flocks and male(and sometimes female or in between even) prospects were assessing the goods.
     A man whistled at her. Another yelled what he would do with her if she came with him, to which a friend acclaimed and cheered at. A women in a rather peculiar outfit came and walked a little with her, trying to engaged. "Hey pretty." She had a rather nasal, high-pitched voice. She was also chewing some gum very loudly. "I know what you need. You need this!" She said, standing in Lilicka's way and flashing her three bosoms. " I had an extra one implanted. Awesome right?"

"Leave me alone before I get sick. You're not even my type." Lilicka responded by shoving the lady aside and continuing on her way. She herd the prostitute yell a short curse to her before she turned a corner to the left. She ran her hand in her hair and walked into the most respectable looking establishment she could find around.
     She sat in a corner and waved to the tenant in sign language. A beer, one shot of the best you have and lunch. Pretty please! The tenant responded by nodding and winking and left behind the kitchen door.

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 02:10:02 pm »
Though the bar was full to the point of busting at the seams, more than usual, Lulu still managed to sidle up to the counter. A bartender with a lithe, confident walk stopped in front of her.

"The usual, please Rath?"

Having her order confirmed, she took a quick glance around. While sitting at the counter was much more interesting, as she could converse with all her favorite employees, it was definitely too crowded today. She would end up leaning on the counter, no stools available. Finding a seat took priority, then.

"Here, hon." The bartender slid a stout glass filled with amber liquid towards her. "We've also fixed up that lamb recipe. The girls have been hoping you'd come by and give it a go."

One more glance around showed a single empty seat in the corner, across from a woman with bright red hair.

"Bring it out when it's ready then." Lulu smiled and gestured to the open seat. "I'll be here."

"You got it."

Grabbing her glass, she slowly made her way through the over-crowded tables, watching as an exhausted but still perky waitress dropped off a drink for the redhead. Once she scampered away, Lulu moved up to the table, a sheepish smile on her face.

"Pardon me. Would you mind if I sit here? It's... crowded today."

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 08:10:13 am »
"No problem. I've been very lucky to get this table for myself. I don't mind sharing at all..." Lilicka paused to take a look at the newcomer. She had something that spiked some interest in the pilot. "Please take a seat."

― Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal