Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Golden Sunsets and Endless Seas for an Outlaw [DragonSong]  (Read 4683 times)

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

Re: Golden Sunsets and Endless Seas for an Outlaw [DragonSong]
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 07:08:33 pm »
Being obedient, Dan followed. As she reached to touch his arms, he pressed his hand on hers once she finished transmitting and said. "You don't have to worry about touching me. I know it might sounds weird but I don't mind."

Join the Hospitalier's Fleet, Protect Mankind!

New Characters brewing in my mind.

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »
Oh. Well that would actually make things easier. Giving him a nod and a small smile, she gently took his hand as she guided him into the galley.

Gesturing with her free hand to a stool pulled up to a table built into the wall of the ship, she said, Sit. I'l make something. She let go of him to moved toward her little stove, clicking a few buttons to get things running as she searched for tea leaves.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 07:22:35 pm »
Dan readjusted his heavy brown leather belt and sat where indicated. He rested his arms on the table already preparing for the next discussion and, for a reason still unknown to him, looked forward to the contact. He waited for her to come back before asking. "How long has it been since you left the Ala'ora Homeworld?"

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 07:25:08 pm »
Maya turned to him and smiled, holding up ten fingers. Setting the water to heat, she perched on a stool beside her odd guest and touched his hand.

Ten years. Just about. She sighed a bit, smiling wistfully, and before she could quite stop it a small pulse of homesickness passed through the contact.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 07:41:12 pm »
Is she missing her home? Now I kinda feel bad for asking. Don't be boy, you didn't knew... He sighed.
     Dan smiled and brushed Maya's hand. "It's ok to miss your home at times, and if you go back there from time to time, it should help. No?" He looked at her, "Don't you have folks back home?"

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »
She nodded quickly, smiling. She did miss her home, but she lived the experiences she had traveling, and she wouldn't trade it in.

Family, she said simply, projecting a memory of sitting on one large armchair  with three of her sisters while their mothers and fathers took turns reading from a book, her other siblings scattered around the floor or furniture.

Miss them,[ she admitted with a shrug, but like this. Being out here. She waved a hand to indicated "out here."

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »
The man kept brushing Maya's hand trying to formulate a proper answer. He couldn't come up with one so he kept silent. "Is your way of communicating one way or two way?" Dan had an idea, he wanted to show her his family. His friends. His crew.

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 04:38:05 am »
She frowned a bit, tilting her head as she thought. Don't know, she told him, shrugging. Never tried it before.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 09:53:34 am »
Dan rapidly dismissed the idea by shacking his head. "It was stupid anyway." He held silent but didn't let go of her hand. Dan thought about all the members, their smiling faces. The feeling of family and belonging. The families that joined him and his cause. All those people were his family.
     He smiled with again as he remembered all this. Dan tried to convey it and reach her.

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 10:52:14 am »
Maya blinked, tilting her head and looking at their joined hands curiously. Felt something, she told him, looking back up to his face. Did you try to do that?

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 04:07:12 pm »
"Yes, but I didn't thought that it would work. What did you felt?"

Dan tried again. He now focused on trying to convey his feelings and the images through his entire being.

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 05:04:32 pm »
She smiled and nodded at him. Stronger that time. Affection, family. Is that what you were trying for?

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 07:20:29 pm »
"Yes, but it seems harder to share from me to you." nodded Dan, his green eyes locking themselves into hers. He held silent, staring.
     The silence was could only be disturbed by the scream of the kettle. Surprise, the man jumped and fell from his stool. A loud metallic thud filled the air and echoed through the ship. "Ow ow ow ow ow!" He rubbed the back of his head with his left bandaged hand. "The stool was higher then expected." He said laughing and embarrassed.

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 07:26:32 pm »
Maya jumped up as well, startled, and turned between Dan and the kettle a few times. Quickly, she moved to turn the heat off and then turned back to her guest, holding her hand out.

She reached to pat his head absently, frowning and giving off a pulse of concern.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 07:40:50 pm »
After a minute or two, Dan tried to get up. He kept rubbing his head and used his stool, now upright again, to help himself. "I'm ok. I think..." He said, rising his invalid hand to show a thumbs up. He took the opportunity to inspect his bandages. Slack again.
     Climbing on his stool again, he began to unwrap the bandages. "You might want to look away for a bit, it's a horror show in there."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:57 pm »
Maya frowned and shook her head. She touched his shoulder. What happened? Can I help?

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 08:23:14 pm »
"I had to deal with a bunch of mage trying to play on my turf. I only lost a hand to the spell one of 'hem threw at me." He shook his head."Apparently you can't heal that. If you know a way to heal a spellscar, sure! But even the best medical team in this system hasn't figured anything out. They said I was lucky they didn't had to amputate it."
     He finally unwrapped enough cloth to show part of his skin. It was in a shades of bright red and blood red. It was warped in such a way that it looked more like a talons than fingers. With a little more unwrapping, the texture of the skin showed scales like those of a snake, small and smooth, almost iridescent. The nails were black, long and sharp. The skin was a little see-through, showing black veins running under it.
     The damaged skin ran under the shirt's sleeve, which he unbuttoned and rolled back. The burn ended on his forearm, right under the elbow. Dan lightly brushed the tip of his finger on the skin, causing a shiver to make the forearm contract. "The skin still dispense a searing heat, but it's not hurting anymore."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 07:23:04 am »
She frowned, biting her lip. Holding up a finger again in a gesture for him to wait, Maya turned and started rummaging through drawers and cabinets.

Apparently finding what she was looking for, she turned and held out a small, square jar to him. Taking a few steps closer, she laid her hand on his uninjured arm. Don't know if it will help, but it's supposed to soothe burns. She held the jar up higher with a smile.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 09:17:12 am »
Dan accepted the jar and opened it. He wasn't sure if it would really help but, at least he had to try. He tried not to take in to much of the smell since it usually made him sick. Dipping a finger in the mixture, he began to apply it on his forearm. It immediately felt fresh on his skin, almost cold.
     Dan clenched his hand into a fist, trying to maintain the fingers and muscles to convulse. His wrist made a loud crack and the tendons shifted. Once the shacking subsided, he closed back the jar and handed it to Maya with his right hand, the other arm against his chest and hooked to his right shoulder. He had a grateful smile on his face.

"Thanks, it feel a bit cooler. I'm not sure it will come back to a normal look ever though." He waited for her to turn around before hugging her gently.

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 09:56:10 am »
Maya paused as she moved to put the jar away, surprised by the touch. She glanced over her shoulder at him and touched his hand lightly. Okay? she asked with a pulse of concern. she'd never known a human to grow so used to her so quickly, he must have been feeling quite emotional.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal