Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)  (Read 8521 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Re: Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 03:00:26 pm »
''Now with Chronos out...'' the pilot grabbed the egg and a sledgehammer

''Damnit Ellis..''Laerda said as she got on her feet.

''Screw the boss I want my cut, now'' he grunted as he placed it on the ground and raised the hammer in the air. ''Broken or not it will still be worth a fortune.''
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 01:01:38 am »
Outside the ship door now, the Flameling was about to head on her own way when she heard what the other intended to do. Rushing back in as fast as she could, Evadne halted then just as the pilot raised the sledgehammer in the air. "Stop!" she called out, again in Star-Speak.

Once she was sure they were looking at her, she continued. "I would not do that if I were you."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 01:12:53 am »
''Make me'' Ellis said and lowered the hammer. His greed was strong. His fear for the boss too as he just wanted a piece of the prize and bail out with it.

When the hammer hit the egg however it released a fierce red light which deflected the hammer against one of the wallpanels. There was a small crack on the surface but certainly no major damage. Laerda slapped Ellis in the face. ''You greedy bunch of asstard. The boss will have all our necks for that!''

Being to busy with Ellis now though she failed to notice the egg pulsated weakly red
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 01:47:30 am »
While Laerda and Ellis were busy clawing at each others' throats, the Star noticed the red glow from the egg. It was faint now, but it seemed that it might quickly get stronger. Evadne had witnessed enough phoenix eggs hatching many times before and the results were always disastrous to those who did not possess fire immunity or were not comprised of fire themselves. No doubt an explosion of fire and flame would occur soon, and while the Flameling would not be harmed by it, the others most certainly would.

"Look out!" she yelled, as the egg grew steadily brighter almost in a blinding glow of light.

((OOC: I hope you don't mind me dictating what the egg was doing. If you do, I'll edit my post.))

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 01:59:19 am »
((No worries ;)  ))

The two thiefs looked at the egg and the crack increased. ''Nice job Ellis.'' Laerda spoke scolding the man.

As the crack proceeded however the egg glowed more intensely and released a warm but none hostile aura before lighting the whole room with red. Something seemed to be inside and moved. But before any of the two thiefs could see what it was the shell broke scattering the pieces all over the place. But there was no fire engulfing the room like it perhaps was supposed to be. The light dimmed and revealed a strange young bird with three long tail feathers. The feathers were red with orange and yellow. One of the wings seemed damaged or even broken however, probably by the shock the hammer provided.

It let out a weak cry before falling over on the floor shivering.

''What the heck is that..'' Laerda said and approached it with caution.
''An egg? It was a frikkin egg? You're joking right? This can't be what we risked our damn lives for.'' Ellis growled angrily. ''They must have switched the real gem for something worthless as that thing to prevent it from being stolen.''

Stardancer

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 03:17:10 am »
Witnessing the bird's dilemma, Evadne rushed over to the baby phoenix and gently picked it up, cradling it in her arms. The soft fiery warmth of her body would be enough to get the phoenix's temperature back up, although it wouldn't be immediate. It would explain why there was no eruption of fire.

Holding the red, orange, and yellow bird in her arms, Evadne cooed softly to it like a mother would to her own baby, mindful of its broken, battered wing. "There, there now. Everything will be alright."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 06:53:20 am »
The shivering became less and less and painfull cries turned into some soft contend noise..

''Again... what the hell is that thing.'' Laerda asked. From the bunch she seemed the one with at the least the most understanding while Ellis grabbed his machine pistol. ''Whatever it is, it is not what we were supposed to bring to our boss. 'Bring me the egg shaped fire opal, nothing else;'' he mimiced. ''And now we have a bloody rat. How am I supposed to pay for my son's surgery now huh?'' he swore.

''What the hell is all that ruckus. Laerda can we fly yet?'' Chronos asked.

''Almost Sir. If you can manually reboot we could give it a go.'' Laerda replied. Chronos may be the 'leader' of their little team but he did not know a rats ass about the ship he commanded.

Stardancer

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 05:07:07 pm »
Evadne continued to comfort the baby phoenix, and smiled when the fire bird began making sounds of contentment.

To Laerda's question, she replied. "This here is a phoenix bird. The poor thing is injured." Evadne did not say any more, as no doubt they would realize on their own that the blow to the egg from the sledgehammer was what had caused it.

When Ellis grabbed a machine pistol, Evadne's eyes became serious then. "There is no need to get hostile here. The bird has done nothing to you. Please, put your weapon away." The Star made as if to protect the bird, shielding it with her body.

When Chronos came back in, Evadne paid him no mind, doing her best to calm down the bird she held. She still kept a watchful eye and ear out for any retaliation or anger from the gang.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 10:44:55 pm »
''Can not say I ever heard of a phoenix before...'' Laerda muttered. Just like most just born birds it did not really look appealing shape wise but the feathers looked nice.

''Ellis. Put your gun away. Survival of the fittest mate. Even if your kid gets those meds he will what. Live one more year? Two if confined to a wheelchair. Just let it go dude.'' she said ''With you dead the kid will be alone for the rest of his life. At the least the reunion will then not take to long.''

''What is this mess.'' Chronos asked as he got in. The thick fire opal coloured egg shells were still scattered aroung.

''Ellis got impatient sir... and used a hammer to break the thing.'' Laerda said cooly.

''What?!'' the man hissed.

''It was a frikkin egg! We were played with.'' Ellis replied. ''Just look to what she holds.'' he pointed to Evadne

Chronos looked at the star before remarkably politely asking if she could reveal what was in it.

Stardancer

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 03:29:45 am »
Satisfied the baby phoenix had calmed enough, Evadne continued to cradle it protectively. Even when Chronos had kindly asked if he could see what she was holding, the Star only revealed part of the fire bird, a firm but gentle hold she did not relinquish.

"I can take the bird off your hands, since it is not what you were expecting."

Then to Ellis, she told him kindly, "And I am sorry about your son. I understand how difficult this must be for you." Evadne genuinely meant every word spoken, she would never lie about such. "But getting angry will solve nothing."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 01:35:59 pm »
After looking at the bird briefly, Chronos laughed. ''Ahh Razul... clever man.'' he said with a broad smile. ''We were only permitted to take that jewel because he knew it was an egg. Any idea how rare phoenixes are? He wants it as a pet I'm sure. It just hatched to early. Or maybe hatched because it had been moved after so long.'' he laughed loudly, something that seemed to frighten the hatchling.

''Remember you were supposed to come with us though. Two pets for the prize of one who would've guessed.''

Stardancer

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »
"I am plenty well aware of the rarity of phoenixes." Evadne said carefully, unnerved a little by his uproarious laughter. The only reason she had mentioned what the bird was, was because there was really no point in keeping it secret any longer seeing as the egg had already hatched.

Examining its broken wing though, she frowned. Her Star-Song ability could help begin the healing process, but it was no substitute for an actual healer or doctor. While Evadne had seen plenty of doctors, soothsayers and healers set bones and apply poultices and the like to help with this very thing, she herself was no medic. At least in terms of much experience and not simply just witnessing it. Using what knowledge she did have, she could attempt to do so herself while at the same time use her spiritual song to help ease the pain and discomfort. It was the best she had to any kind of pain-killer. Evadne had only done so a mere handful of times before in her long existence, but she supposed it would have to be enough as she very much doubted the crew even cared about it.

And Chronos still insisted on Evadne coming with them. This time though, Evadne would not protest as she wanted to act as a protector to the young magical bird and she couldn't do that if she weren't there. "The fire bird is injured." she stated again, concern for the young hatchling shining in her dark blue-black eyes. "Her wing is broken."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 12:26:09 am »
''I'll reboot the ship and then we can go. Injured or not I'm sure our boss will be happy with it. We are not going to a place to get medication. We have a med kit somewhere here.'' Chronos spoke and headed outside. The little phoenix made some weak sounds glad that the loud man had left and cuddled against her protector.

''Question...'' Laerda said as she looked at Ellis who lowered his weapon. There was perhaps hope if their boss was happy right?
''What does that thing... phoenix... eat'' she asked. ''No milk obviously...''

Stardancer

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 09:03:06 am »
The baby phoenix cuddled up against Evadne who consoled it as best she could. Letting it get whatever warmth it needed from her. At the mention of the med kit, the Star was relieved. "May I be led to whatever medical supplies you have here?"

To Laerda's question, Evadne smiled. "I can answer that. This type of phoenix eats red meats and sweet fruits. More specifically, the pulp of such." And she hoped they had some of that on hand here for it was important for the fire bird to get some nutrition in her belly and soon.

As far as getting out of this whole situation, Evadne would take it a step at a time and see what opportunities presented themselves. She did not wish to act rashly, and without good reason to. And if she could avoid needless deaths, that would be even better.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 09:11:00 am »
''Ellis, take your position.'' she ordered. The man still casted a dirty look at the star and his co thief. With her head Laerda gestured to Evadne to follow her. ''We do not have anything fresh. Most what we have is beer and dried food and water. No idea how long the thing can last without food now it is hatched though.''

Laerda lead Evadne a little deeper into the ship to what seemed to be in the end a bedroom where she pulled out a medicine kit from underneath the bed. ''Here... better then the common one. Men never understand what being a woman is like sometimes.'' she muttered and lit a cigarette. ''You know what Chronos is going to do with you when he is back right? Why on earth did you come back.''

Stardancer

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2015, 02:46:03 pm »
"Any food you have should be fine then." Evadne followed Laerda to where the medical kit was stored underneath a bed. "But no water as that is harmful to phoenixes." Not to mention that water would likely have a negative effect on the Star as well but she chose not to voice that.

"As for why I came back... It is simple really. For myself, that is. I am worried about the phoenix. And I couldn't let that man, your co-pilot harm her with that hammer. But what's done is done, and I cannot change things any more than any of the rest of my kin are able to. Regarding Chronos, I can handle anything he tries. I am not what I seem to be. I do not want to hurt him, but I will defend myself if needed."

Evadne gazed sadly off into space, as though recalling something from her past. "But sometimes certain things are unavoidable in life, no matter who or what one is." Gazing back at Laerda, she continued. "Chronos may think what he will, but I will not yield to him. I am stronger than I look."

Taking a look inside the med kit, she examined the contents inside, noting some gauze, pain ointment and several bandages. There was also a bottle of antiseptic, but there was one thing she still required. "Mayhap you have something to use for a splint?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 01:00:14 am »
''Do not have a splint I'm afraid.'' she gave a pen instead. Chronos wont stop unless he is knocked out cold. Our boss Razul though... no idea what he will do with that thing. He collects rare things. Pets too. He trains them to become merciless fighters, or sells them for a great sum of money. Regardless I think that phoenix will not have a very pleasant life ending up with Razul. But sympathy will not pay me money.''

Stardancer

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:59 pm »
Evadne accepted the pen with a thanks and set about her task then, positioning it as best she could on the fire bird's wing. Then she carefully wrapped it up tight with the gauze but not too tight though. Just so the appendage would be set properly and be able to heal.

She said nothing as she worked, but she did listen as Laerda spoke. The Star wasn't sure what she could do to save the phoenix bird from this fate. Evadne would do what she was able to though, and stay by its side as long as possible. Regarding Chronos, she supposed she would just have to maneuver carefully with that one. But the Flameling may very well have to temporarily blind him if it came to that with her powers.

"The phoenix will require some food soon." Evadne looked down at the flame-red bird, it seemed to have fallen asleep. Picking it up carefully in her arms, she gently ran a hand over its feathers then, to further soothe it. Sparkles of light followed in her wake as she did that. Evadne started to sing softly in Star-Song, to lull the bird further into peaceful dreams, her voice both haunting and beautiful at the same time.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 11:15:53 pm »
''Just stay in my room. I'm no big fan of Chronos or his way of doing. All he knows is frustration intercourse. My second assignment and I get paired up with him. An all ladies team was a lot better. Not that there were no raging hormones I mind you. But at the least it was all concentual...''

Laerda left the room with a sign and got back several minutes later with a tray of food. It was all indeed, dried and there was a glass of water. ''If we put the food in the water it may rehydrate a little. I do not think a phoenix survives on dried food alone.'' She put a few pieces of meat and fruit in the glass and let it set while cutting up another into very tiny pieces.

''We will depart in a few minutes. It is an old ship though so we might have some turbulance.''

Stardancer

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 01:00:08 am »
Evadne sat down as she waited patiently for the woman to return. When she did, the Star watched as she put the pieces of food into the glass of water to soak. And Laerda was right there, a little water would be alright as long as it was mixed into the food.

"Allow me to help you with that." she told the woman as Laerda cut up the dried meat.

While Evadne was not pleased to be on this ship, she also didn't feel it right to leave the phoenix behind. The whole matter of what to do when meeting their boss when they got to where they were going was something Evadne would need to think about more in order to formulate a preferred response without anyone getting hurt. There were many possibilities to consider after all.

"Tell me about this Razul then. Can he be reasoned with?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal