Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [m]  (Read 17273 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [Lion!]
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 02:06:28 pm »
"Trevan," Kit replied, gently chewing on her lip before she took his hand. While she didn't look exceedingly powerful, her handshake gave way to her physique. A poweful handshake, however unintentional it was.

"I'm Christopher." Kit paused for a moment, "Kit, if you will. The long name is a bit of a mouthful." Maybe part of her wanted him to know who she was. A mechanic in the lower levels of Haviah knowing who she was was... Hardly going to raise alarm bells. He'd already helped her with her bike.

If he looked like he was going to sell her out she could always... Mess around in his head. Green eyes looked at his face, examined his eyes for a moment while she thought. It wouldn't be too hard to look up a female Pilot with the name Christopher.

"So. What do you drink? Can't say I'm much of a drinker, maybe... Maybe had beer once."

Offline Lion

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 02:34:29 pm »
He grunted in pain at her grip.  Boy was she strong!  But then again she was a crazy ex-Pilot with no identification and her name was Christopher.  Trevan flexed his hand and smiled at her nevertheless.

"Pleased to meet you, Kit.  Definitely a unique name.  I like it," he chuckled and started down the avenue.  "I think we can start with beers.  I like a cold one myself.  Hard liquor only when I've had a really bad day."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 05:07:50 pm »
Hard liquor only on a bad day.

Kit grimaced, looking away for a moment before she tried to smile. "And today? Did I make it terrible?" Her voice was soft when she asked. Kit wasn't completely without shame. Still felt awful she couldn't pay. While they walked she kept her shoulders hunched forward, head down.

"So. Trevan. Do you enjoy doing mechanic... Stuff?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 06:25:34 pm »
"I've had worse days," Trevan said, smiling at her and sobering.  The dive wasn't far, just a few blocks up the street, and around the corner.  Trevan hated walking around this late at night, but he could deal with it for now.  He wasn't alone, even if she was a little crazy.

"Oh, yeah, sure!  I like to work with my hands, take stuff apart and see what makes it work.  I'm good at it and it pays pretty well," he said.  "What about you?  What...what do you do? I mean...I guess nothing.  You're broke as a joke.  What did you want to do, as a kid I mean?  Oh, I'm not trying to get your life story, just making conversation."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 09:13:56 pm »
"I wanted to work on computers," Kit said, smiling, looking down at her own hands, "I do. Sort of. I can reprogram like it's nobodies business. Fix electronics." Shoving her hands back into her pockets she sighed and continued walking. Such a bright future torn down by such a silly thing.

"Mechanics are beyond me though I'm good with... Pretend devices. Not so much actual phyiscal things. Like bikes." Kit looked up ahead, a neon light giving way to the dive bar. Yup. Definitely a dive. Plucking her hood a bit more to hide her face she stuck close to her new friend and remained behind him while they entered.

"So. I'm broke as a joke." She returned his saying, finding it entertaining on a few levels, "What's cheap and full of alcohol?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 10:04:32 pm »
She was interesting, to say the least. Trevan rarely welcomed company, especially when he wanted to get a drink.  Most people were terrible drunks, obnoxious, annoying, and always trying to start something with someone else.  Trevan was probably a loner by choice.  But he suppose he'd just gotten used to it.

She wasn't so bad.  She didn't seem to want to get too familiar with anybody.

When they got to the bar, Trevan laughed.  "Oh, let's look around.  At least they've got some real music playing.  Probably some whiskey then.  Beer gives you gas I know," he laughed.  The music was loud but nobody paid them any heed going in.  There were free seats at the bar.  He took a seat, giving an exhausted sigh.  "Take a load off."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »
Kit slid into the seat beside his easily, shoulders tense, alert. Listening carefully. With all her senses. The quiet nudges. Mostly she was waiting for another psychic to find her, but she didn't need to look over her shoulder for that. Looking at her body alone would have people knowing she was a pilot, the plugs, the metal bits left over from connecting to her dragon.

The one at her neck was itchy and she reached to her neck to rub at it while she watched Trevan for a moment.

"Thank you," Kit said softly, pulling her hand away.

Leaning in slightly she carefully took in his features. Trying to remember if she'd ever seen his picture going through files. He was hardly just a do-gooder, they were so rare down here.

"Whiskey. I've never had whiskey," Kit smiled, "Some wine. A beer. I was never a big drinker. Except coffee. And water." The smile faded away and was replaced with something more quiet, a far away look in her eyes before she was sucked back into reality. "Was always too busy to do more than... Drink coffee."

Licking her lips she leaned in slightly, voice as low as she could make it while still being heard.

"How long was it? For the battery to charge? I can't... I can't be in one place too long." The port was getting itchy and that was never a good sign, not around other people. Not if she didn't want to cause a scene.

Offline Lion

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 12:08:13 am »
Trevan could tell she was getting tense.  There was an anxiety in her demeanor.  He knew that feeling.  And for some reason he didn't feel threatened by it, not by her in the sense that he felt the need to bolt at the first itch of trouble.  He wasn't interested in starting fights.  Not tonight anyway.

"Wine sounds good.  I haven't had that in a while.  And frankly heavy drinking is overrated," he said, smirking just a bit, until she posed her question.  He leaned in.  The answer was unfortunate.  "A few hours at best.  Look, we can get the wine to go.  You can crash at my place at least until the bike is ready.  No worries.  Just don't rob or murder me."

He tried to give a playful grin, but he was absolutely serious on those last two point.  "Just drink for a while.  Then we go, deal?"  He gestured for the bartender for some wine, and two chilled glasses were served.  It wasn't that kind of bar, but at least the drinks were cold. 

Offline Draconian

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 12:22:32 am »
Kit let out a surprised laugh, blinking at him widely before giving a disbelieving shake of her head. What an odd person. There were worse people to find, she knew, but this guy... It was making her suspicious but she smiled all the same.

"I can't exactly keep a low profile if I leave robbery and murder in my wake," Kit said softly, examining his playful grin. The wine was a bigger surprise and she gave a confused look to her... New acquaintance. Licking her lips she took the glass of wine, brought it to her face. Carefully she kept the sleeve held over her palm by her pinky finger and her ring finger and took a sip of the wine.

While she wasn't exactly fancy now, everything about Kit spoke upper class. Her posture, the way she held her glass. Quickly enough though, her posture was consciously changed, drawn in, her head was back down and the glass was back on the bar, a mouthful missing.

"You know... Can't say I expected to enjoy that," She looked to the wine glass and then back to Trevan, "But I really did. Um..." Gently she bit her lip, looking hesitant. Already she was taking so much, "Are you serious? About crashing at your place? I was just going to... I dunno. Hide in an alley by the shop and wait for it to be done, you don't need to ... Help me out so much. I could get you into some serious trouble if you got caught."

Because it wouldn't be regular police or military after her.

It would be the people that were just as trained and lethal as she was.

Offline Lion

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 12:46:23 am »
He wasn't trying to trick her with generosity in order to sell her off to some higher paying government bureaucrat that was out for blood.  Trevan just laughed, eyeing her take her not-quite-sip-not-quite-chug sample of the wine.  It was definitely a deep taste.  He drank his own, just a few tastes, savoring it.

Wine wasn't a favorite of his, but he liked it so far.  He just didn't want his head swimming so much he couldn't make it home.

"It won't be any trouble.  And trust me, you really don't want to be sleeping in any alleys around here.  You thought this place was a dive.  Don't care who you are.  But it's just a bad idea!"  He snorted just enough and took another sip of the wine.  Oh he was getting used to it now.  "I have a couch.  It's clean.  It's fine, really.  You're really not to the mooching type are you?  I appreciate that."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:42 am »
"I've never considered myself the mooching type," Kit said softly, taking another sip of wine. A very out of place drink for a bar like this. Another glance around and she cast Trevan another gentle look. Again, all she wanted to say was thank you. Thank you for the help. Thank you for the wine. The words wouldn't come though and instead she just nodded and smiled.

"I guess I am right now though, so..." Kit nodded her head towards him, "I... I'll accept the offer." Gently she chewed on her lip and took another sip of her drink after going quiet. It wasn't long until she went to lift her glass and found it empty, a surprised little laugh and she tipped her head back slightly, her hood falling.

Quickly enough she grabbed the tip and pulled it forward.

There were familiar tingles up her spine and Kit shivered before wincing ever so slightly, moving a hand to her head, pinching the bridge of her nose before carefully lowered her hand. "I'm ready when you are, Trev," Kit said with a mock cheery tone. A decent sleep would do her wonders. Maybe even a shower.

Offline Lion

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 01:33:35 am »
One glass was good enough for him.  But because the bartender already bothered to open the bottle in the first place, Trevan paid for it and took it with him, as he nodded to Kit.  "Let's get out of here, chump," he said, grinning a little bit too much and patting Kit's shoulder.  Still that tension was there, even after a glass.  Maybe it was a good thing he'd brought the bottle afterward.

He moved them out the back, slipping across the alley, and back into the street, looking around before crossing and heading back in the direction of the shop.  He didn't live in the shops upper apartments, but about a block or so from it.

The night air was cool.  "I hadn't realized how flush that wine made my face.  I'm not red-faced am I?" he asked, opening his face for examination.  He smirked and came up to the building.  Trevan went around to the rear again, where the door was generally opened by the utility keycode that the manager had let him know only because he kept him supplied with his favorite bottle of gin once a week.

He went in, holding it open for Kit and securing the door once he was through.  "Fourth floor.  I hope you're not afraid of heights."  The steps upward went easy, even after a drink, and when he opened the door, he gave an half-embarrassed sigh.  "Home sweet home."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 01:44:08 am »
Why was he getting the whole bottle?

Kit frowned at him slightly, tilting her head, watching. Examining. Tucking the information away for later use if need be. If she was anything it was observant. Meticulous. Except when it came to trading for shitty bikes, apparently. There were worse places to be though.  The pat at her shoulder had her tense but she smiled all the same.

Touching had always been a problem for Kit. While she was a Candidate the world hadn't been kind and while it didn't break her, it left her cracked and scarred. Silently she followed Trevan, giving him a shake of her head 'no' when he asked if he was red faced. It was one glass of wine.

"You're acting like you've never had alcohol before," She said, teasing slightly.

"Home sweet home," She repeated, looking around. It definitely belonged to a man. Though it wasn't as bare as her own home had been in the citadel, it was far more lived in. More... Homey.

"Your home is lovely," Kit said, giving him a polite smile before it melted into a wince, squeezing her eyes shut and balling her hands into fists. A careful breath was let out and she took another deep one, trying to calm herself.

"Do you have a shower I can borrow? I don't have any clean clothes but... I'd probably smell a lot less... Bad if I got to wash." Embarrassed, her cheeks were warmed up and she stared down at the ground. Being homeless didn't agree with her but so far she just needed to get out. Find a way out. Out of Aedolis. Baby steps.

Offline Lion

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 01:49:03 am »
Baby steps indeed.

"Uh, sure.  Really, first time anyone's ever asked to use my shower that wasn't a total dickwad," he said and pointed down the hall.  "Second door on the right, just wait a few minutes for the hot water to turn on.  I ugh...  Yeah, you're pretty filth."

He crossed arms over his chest, observing her, having set the bottle off to the side.  "Did you need to borrow some clothes?  You don't look too small."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 02:06:31 am »
Kit couldn't help the quiet surprised laugh that burst out of her.

"A total dickwad? I try to avoid it." Though she chewed on her lip and pushed her hood back when he confirmed that she was indeed, quite Not clean. The heat was back in her cheeks and she stared down at herself, plucking at her clothing before her head snapped up to look at him.

"I... Yes please." For the first time since meeting she actually took in the strange helpful man, "I... I'll leave the door unlocked, so... No rush." Another small smile and a nod and she shoved her hands back into her pockets and quickly enough was in the room, second door on the right.

It was like a little piece of heaven and Kit looked into the mirror and wanted to cry.

The dark smudges under her eyes, her hair had grown out. It was like looking at a stranger. Soon enough she'd stripped off her clothing, gently drawing her fingers over the metal ports embedded into her skin before she went to the shower. Before long the water was warm and she stepped into it.

Perhaps the groan was a little loud but she didn't care. It was so nice. Though she didn't want to be rude and soon enough after she decided she was clean enough, or at least all the dirt was washed away and she turned off the shower.

"Can I come out yet?" Kit called, curious if he'd brought the clothing in -or something as simple as a towel, really. While she'd never been ashamed of her body, the ports that lined her spine were a little hard to cover up. While he'd guessed almost right away of what she was, it was another to confirm it.

Offline Lion

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 02:17:00 am »
Something she didn't fight him on, wonderful.  Trevan, truth be told, wasn't too keen on giving away his clothes, but he figured he had a few he didn't need.  Most of the clothes he needed were already stained with grease, creased to no rescue, or ripped beyond recognition.

He scoured his closet until he found something more suitable.  A tank and some jeans, and...well he wasn't sure about the underwear,  but she probably needed something that was clean, so he threw in a pair of those too.  He slipped them into the bathroom right when she was done.

He flushed a little.  "Uh, yeah!  Uh, the clothes are there.  Towels are in the cabinet!"  And promptly shut the door. 

"Damn, I need a sandwich."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 02:26:06 am »
Poking her head out to make sure the coast was indeed clear, she stretched, feeling... Surprisingly better. A small smile was cast towards the clothing and she helped herself to a towel for her hair once she'd gotten most of the moisture off her body. Quickly enough the clothing was tugged on and she looked at her left arm.

What a terrible idea.

The tattoo was a terrible idea. Then again, how was she to know that one day she'd be on the run? Flexing her hand and glaring at the little metal bit on the inside of her right elbow, Kit carefully threw the towel over that arm to hide it and exited the bathroom. Still hesitant. Her own clothing was held under her other arm and she looked down at herself for a moment before pushing her hair away from her face.

"I don't... I don't think you'll ever understand how much I appreciate you letting me use your shower." She stated, deadpan, completely serious. The tattoo ran down the length of her arm, simple enough lines, though it peaked out from under the tank top, stopping on top of her left breast.

This was only for tonight. Then she'd have her bike and be gone. Give him his pants and underwear and tank top back. Holding said pants up while she walked, another small smile was given to Trevan. The tension had eased out of her somewhat, her posture was more relaxed.

"Are you this giving with all the homeless bums you meet?" She teased softly, forgetting about the port at her elbow and placing the towel down on the back of a chair, not too sure where he wanted her to put it.

Offline Lion

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2015, 12:29:13 pm »
"You look smashing!" He said, holding his hands together like a picture frame.  Oh, enough of acting like a  moron.  He cleared his throat and approached only when he saw the wet towel.  "I'll take that."  He took it and took it to the laundry room, tossing it into the washer.

"That giving? Um...." He gave a nervous laugh.  "Only the ones that bring in rat bikes.  Look you hungry?  I was making a sandwich you want one?"

Of course he saw the odd port on her elbow, but said nothing of it...  She didn't seem to want to talk about it, and chances were she wouldn't want to give answers if he did ask.

"So what do ex-Pilots eat anyway?  Salami and ham? Because...that's all I have."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »
Smashing?

Sure he was just being friendly but Kit ducked her head and wrapped her arms around her middle anyway. It was easy to forget that people could still look at her. Now it was different. There was no uniform or title to hide behind. "Uh... Thanks," she finally side when he put his finger picture frame down.

A small smile was shot at Trevan when he commented on her rat bike and again she went pale at the mention of being a Pilot.

"If I keep denying it you'll keep believing i'm one anyway, huh," Kit finally said, moving closer, "most of us live off of coffee and sandwiches," she said with a small as smile, "why aren't you afraid of me if you know what I am? I can quite literally kill people with my mind."

Offline Lion

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2015, 03:56:11 pm »
Trevan went about finishing the sandwiches.  Meager meals, but he wasn't all that hungry anyway.  Although he was certain to wager that she was.  "Coffee and sandwiches.  Two of the things I got.  And coming right up."  His hands worked quickly and putting away the condiments and bread and he moved to the coffee maker.

It wasn't gourmet coffee, but it was fresh and didn't have little black things floating in it.  "Cream, sugar?  Black?" he asked.

Setting a plate before her, he fixed his own coffee.  "I'm aware.  But I guess...you don't seem...like you want any trouble.  And neither do I.  Should I be though...?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal