Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Teinar Computer Virus?  (Read 554 times)

Ferr Windston

Teinar Computer Virus?
« on: June 14, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »
So I had an idea for a thread, since not too many are happening int Tienar right now. What if Thanatos agent was running away and had with him a hyper advanced program that could burn itself deep into any network and scatter itself to copy all data and then destroy the original data? I know that Teinar citizens don't have personal computers, but their are public units and there is an open network right? Just an idea to be placed out there.

Brisinger987

Re: Teinar Computer Virus?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:13:27 am »
I like the sound of that idea. Perhaps it can cause misinterpretations of data in robots and machinery too?

Ferr Windston

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:50:25 pm »
Exactly! I thought about tht linking in with some characters. Example is that my Mino is a robotics expert and the virus WILL ruin all his work if it isn't stopped. Data will crumble, lives destroyed. Mayhem! Things of that nature. :)

Brisinger987

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:15:55 am »
Aemilius is an advanced AI prototype, so he'd be affected, and perhaps the mecha used by the Veloraks as well.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:12:58 pm »
My new character is a technomancer who builds things for a living. A lot of her things would be horribly effected. I'd like to be in on this, please. It sounds like fun.

Ferr Windston

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:52 pm »
Then I shall make the thread soon. It shall be glorious!

EDIT: If you know someone that might be interested, tell them? I mean I don't want to many people involved but if it sparks their interest all the better to let them know.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:34:23 pm by Ferr Windston »

Brisinger987

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 11:35:18 pm »
Awesome!

Ferr Windston

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 05:54:23 pm »
Here is the link to the thread. Intro is a little long but tried to carry out the start of the story so all people have a better way of entering.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 07:19:25 pm »
Hey, how does the virus work exactly? And sorry for pre-empting you on the DL of the virus! And by work, I mean, does it assume direct control of networks and computers and stuff? Or does it issue some sort of KILL ALL ORGANICS command? And if it assumes direct control, what is it's exact personality? Or will you RP as it if it does so?

Ferr Windston

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:33 pm »
I was going to RP it as things happened. But the virus over all just takes any data from the machine it is in if that machine contains any. As it does this it will cause the systems to go haywire and cause the machine to move out of control on a path to self-detonation after a short period of random actions. Should it download into a computer, it will copy all info in the system before erasing it ALL before transferring over to a new system. In the case of AI's, it will attempt to take over it's control and use the body or mainframe it is in to move around and dig into more data.

Monkshood

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »
My character, Eva, is a scientist residing in Teinar participating in both legal and illegal operations.  Chances are this WILL get her attention, especially since she was a former member of Thanatos before she got kicked out.  Would it be alright if I joined up as well?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:06:40 pm by Monkshood »

Ferr Windston

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:44 pm »
Go ahead, the thread is up. Just read the last few posts and go ahead.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal