Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Friendship lives forever (PM Vixus)  (Read 5624 times)

Vixus

Friendship lives forever (PM Vixus)
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:33:06 am »
Veronica, a young elf with a green thumb, has been looking for a friend to love her for her talents, instead of shunning her.

She sits in her bed room in a tree-house that she built with her brother Mike. The tree is the only one in the area, surrounded by shrubs and flowering plants. The house is beautiful and pleasing to the eye... like Veronica.

Anyway, veronica is tired of being alone and secluded, so she decides to venture out into the country. The following story is about who she meets.

Veronica leaves her house in the secluded part of the country side, and decides to explore the frontier a little. She begins to slowly leave the house one step at a time- slowly taking her time and getting used to the environment. She tries to absorb the sights, sounds and smells of the tamed world.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:43:11 am by Vixus »

Wicked Basket

Re: Little Girlie looking for a friend (PM Vixus: open)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:33:38 am »
Damion had heard that the Frontier was a good place to make something out of nothing, but now that he was here he was beginning to reconsider. It was a rather rundown area with not much to write home about. There also seemed to be a considerable amount of crime and illegal activities along with an unsurprising lack of law enforcement officials. This seemed to be hardly the place for new beginnings. As he walked he saw a small elf girl. What was a girl like her doing wandering around alone in a place like this? Damion approached the girl.

"Hey there," he said in greeting. "Are you lost? A girl like you should not be wandering around a place like this alone."

Vixus

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 09:58:32 am »
Veronica saw a gruff looking man approaching her. She shrunk away a little bit at this first encounter, but she convinced herself that she needed to give him a chance.
He looked quite scary, but he had a gentle look on his face. He looked friendly, and when he spoke, he was gentle.

With a voice like rain, she answers. "I... I don't know." She brushes a lock of hair behind her ear. "I've lived here most of my life, but... never really left. So, I... kinda am lost. Do you know the colony better?"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:01:11 am by Vixus »

Wicked Basket

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15:19 am »
"Um....no," Damion replied scratching the back of his head. "I actually just got here not too long ago. What's your name? Do you live near here?"

This surely was strange. Here was a girl who had lived here all her life, but didn't know her way around. She was also very small, barely reaching Damion's chest. How did someone so small and fragile looking last so long in a place like this?

Vixus

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:44:51 am »
"I'm... Veronica." She hesitates only a moment, and points a small finger in the direction of the sandy baron region, and a a couple kilometers away is the tree-house. It isn't suspended within the tree, but instead it embraces the trunk of the tree, and a set of five steps lead to the front door- which doesn't look much like a door.

"my home is this way." She hesitates, but is quickly becoming comfortable with this stranger. He reminds her of her brother, a little bit. She is still afraid that he might turn her in for not having contained magic.

"What is your name?" She asks as she begins to lead Damion toward the house.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:50:20 am »
"Damion," he replied assuming that he was to follow her.

It seemed kind of odd to just lead a stranger to your home so readily, but at least it was him and not a more dangerous individual. Maybe it was a good thing that he got to her first. The second thing that he became concerned with was whether he would even fit in her house. She was quite small, so her house probably would be also. How would he even get inside?

Vixus

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 11:38:25 am »
At the top of the steps to the house- which was spacious to an Elf, was tall enough for Damion- Veronica waived a hand slowly in front of the wood, and the branches parted for her. The doorway is large enough for Damion to step through if he stoops.
"Watch your head." She says as she giggles a little bit. She may not know this man, and simply going home with a total stranger is socially abnormal, but she hasn't experienced many social encounters, so she didn't know much better.

There is meager furniture- mostly to accommodate only herself, but she quickly fixes that, growing a chair for Damion out of the wood of the floor. The entire house resembles a contained green house.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 11:49:28 am »
Damion ducked through the doorway and took a look around. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it wasn't half bad either. It was one of those 'simple but cozy' type deals. He attention was immediately pulled to Veronica growing a chair out of the floor. The wooden floor. She was a mage. That made this even more interesting.

To keep from being rude Damion sat down on the chair that was grown for him.

"Looks cozy," he commented.

Vixus

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 05:20:26 am »
Veronica was becoming comfortable with Damion, and didn't feel the least bit threatened by him- in fact, he was inviting to her. His scars didn't disturb her, because she hadn't been around enough to associate scars with crime and danger.

She smiles in thanks to Damion's comment, and remembers something that he said.
"You said that... you just got here, where did you come from? How did you get here? how was it?"

As she begins asking more questions, she begins to speak faster and faster, clearly excited and probably a little mentally stimulated by her first (or at most third) encounter with someone else besides her brother. She becomes a little dizzy, and sits down on her chair.

---------------
If Damion were to look around, he would see:
- at the center of the house, the trunk of the tree and the heart of the hut.
- There are flowers all over the trunk.Some are coming from the tree itself (which it would be impossible for such an enumeration to occur naturally) and some growing from vines snaking their way up.
- The sealing/roof of the house is a parasol developed within the branches of the tree.
- the tree is small because of it's lack of natural soil and the over-pure environment of terraformation. It is "large" but not the kind of godly oak that it could have been on earth.
- The floor and sealing are solid pieces of wood, grown strait from the base of the tree.
- the walls are branches of the tree, and the furniture is as well.
- the house is in two sections: her bedroom and the living space.
- her bedroom has a side table and a dresser, as well as a bed.
- The furniture is woven, but is actually separate from the floor. It would seem that it was naturally separated a well.
- the bed was covered with linen: a gift from her brother during a trip home from Libra
- there is a coffee table, a couch and (now) 2 chairs.
- there is a counter with a sink.
- a fire pit is found outside.
There are two windows: one in the bedroom and one above the sink.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 05:36:09 am »
"I came from Cancer," he told her. "It's a space station. I got here by hitching a ride on some random ship. How was what? Cancer or the trip to here?"

Veronica had become really excited all of a sudden. It was all Damion could do to keep up with how fast she was talking. She not only knew almost nothing of her own home, but she didn't seem to know anything about the outside either. The next thing he would probably have to explain was what exactly Cancer was besides a space station among other things. This was going to be an interesting conversation.

Vixus

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 08:44:19 am »
She relaxed a little bit, drained slightly because of her little bit of excitement.
"Ive heard of Cancer. My brother lives on Libra. I mean all of it, the world. I don't know much more than my brother tells me. Would you like to explore the colony with me?"

Wicked Basket

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 08:52:00 am »
Damion had not expected her to ask him to explore the colony with her. At first he was going to decline because there was still places for him to travel to and explore, but the more he looked at her the more difficulty he had in saying no. He couldn't just leave her to wander around alone in a place like this. There would be no way that he would be able to live with himself if something happened to this innocent little girl.

"Sure," he replied. "I guess I could do some exploring."

Vixus

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 08:59:59 am »
"Yaay" she exclaimed as she jumped out of her chair, and went over to the dresser in the room and pulled out a map (that her brother wouldn't approved of) of the colony, which seems to have been hand-drawn by someone else. She opened it up and spread it out on the coffee table.

"so where to?"

Wicked Basket

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:40 am »
"What do you need a map for," Damion asked folding it back up and handing it back to her. "If you already know where you're going then there's no need to explore. Let's just start walking."

Vixus

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 09:16:17 am »
"Um... okay. Where do we go?" she asks when she is handed the map. She had practically memorized the entire thing while fantasizing about the outside, wondering what it would really look like.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 09:27:05 am »
"We go forward," Damion said simply.

As he made his way to the door, he forgot how low the door was and hit his head off of the door frame. After letting out the first profanity that popped into his head, he ducked out of the door rubbing his head.

"I forgot how low that door was."

Vixus

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 10:10:06 am »
She giggles a bit behind her hand. "I can see that." Se follows Damion outside, brushing the sticks that are the open door, which closes at her touch.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 10:22:22 am »
True to his word, Damion just started walking. He wasn't sure where he going, but that was the beauty of exploring wasn't it? Occasionally he would glance back over his shoulder to make sure that Veronica was still in tow. He made sure to keep his on the residents as well as the scenery. There was no telling if they would get jumped by someone.

Vixus

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 11:23:55 am »
(OOC: Wild card time)
Light-hours away, something bothered Michael, he didn't know what it was. There was something in the air... no, not literally, but his mood was off. He was terribly coordinated today, and had bumped into almost three other officers, and tripped twice. He even ran into a wall. Something was wrong and he knew it! It must have been his sister. Something was happening on her end of the psychic link between them. It was the sort of link found when studding twins, it wasn't direct, but one knew the ideas of the other. "She must be in trouble." he says to himself as he walks past the well lit hanger of small and large fighter craft waiting in the bey. on the other side of the hall was a door, and on the door was a sign that said deployment on it. He went in and explained the situation, and in only 15 minutes, he was strapped into the cockpit of his light fighter. "Thank goodness for good commanders." he thinks as he is cleared automatically for launch from The Libra.

Meanwhile on the colony, Veronica is following Damian close behind, and taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of the countryside, which are becoming less and less familiar to her the farther they go. She goes into a short trance where she sees her brother launching. The vision lasts only a fraction of a second- too short for her to visualize what she saw, but she knows what it means. Pushing this to the back of her mind, she decides not to say anything about it to Damian.
"So, what do you do? I mean, you must have some way you made the money to get here. Right?"

Edit: fixed light-speed to something more practical
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:35:16 am by Vixus »

Wicked Basket

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 11:56:37 am »
"Don't tell anyone, but I cook," he said quietly. "I cook for the crew and they take me where I want to go in exchange. It works out pretty well, even though I don't look much like the cooking type."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal