Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Make peace not war  (Read 2385 times)

flybat3

Make peace not war
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:42 am »
Kai finished setting up his small room. His weed was planted, and his few belongings were scattered around. It was just enough to make the room look lived in, in his opinion.

He wandered out, a joint in his hands. He hadn't really met anyone yet and figured a joint was a good way to break the ice. His tail flicked back and forth as he head towards the cafeterria and set down.

"Anyone smoke here?" he asked.

Offline Zero Undead

Re: Make peace not war
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:56 am »
Nick was in the mess hall/dining area/kitchen/whateverthehelltheycalledithere. A cup of black coffee sat on the table in front of him his fingers moving purposefully across the screen of his datapad as he made calculations. It was quite, peaceful. No one else was there just then, and that was the way he liked it, but of course his solitude couldn't last.

A strange boy came in and sat down, and he was smoking what looked like a joint. Nick raised his eyes from his datapad and blinked at the question.

"Never smoked before, not even cigarettes." They were kind of bad for you, but then again, he wondered why it mattered. They were pirates, pirates tended to die young anyway. "Are you new?"

It was an honest question. Nick wasn't sure if the boy had been working there for a day or a year, he tended to keep to himself that much. Nice one Nicky, don't even know the names or faces of your co-workers.

flybat3

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 05:24:11 am »
His feline ears perked up at the answer. It was just like him to not notice that there was anyone at all in the room until they said something. No use berating himself over it though. Could be a chance to make a friend after all.

"Cigarettes smell weird to me..." he held out the joint, with his paws, after taking a hit. "Wanna try it? I grow my own so..."

Than noticing that he had yet to introduce himself he said "Names Kai, and yeah the ears, paws and tail are real. Some people ask that"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 05:54:51 am »
Nick had noticed all the unusual bits and pieces that the strange boy possessed. He had never seen a neko in person before. Sure, on shows, movies, books, comics, things like that, but never up close and in the flesh.

Cigarettes smelled weird? Sure, Nick hated them, they stank, but did weed smell any better? They both smelled weird to him. Cigarettes were worse though, he supposed.

He looked at the offered joint, tilting his head, then looking up at Kai as he introduced himself. "I'm Nicholas, they call me Nick or Nicky, I prefer Nick, but that's just me." He shrugged his shoulders and looked back at the joint.

"Can I ask you a question? What's the point of smoking that? I mean, what are you getting out of it? I don't like trying things if I don't know what's going to happen. I don't care for mind-altering substances."

flybat3

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:17 am »
Kai pulled a ashtray out of his  pocket and set the joint in it, still lit before considering how he would answer. Usually he didn't do very much complex thinking while he was stoned, but if it would get the other guy to partake than it might be worth it.

"Sure uh....Being high enhances everything. Sex, music, feelings, sense of touch, food...I mean sure those things are good on there own but while high everything is just more. Hmm you'll probably be a tad euphoric, maybe rather relaxed. Probably get the munchies but thats not so bad...Depends a lot on your frame of mind before really."

Finishing his explanation he took two hits and set the joint back down. The guy seemed against drugs really, which was sad but whatever. It was hard for him to believe that someone could be against something they hadn't even tried really. He purred quietly to himself while he waited for a reply.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28:08 am »
Enhanced everything, that sounded like either a really good thing or a really, really bad thing. Nick couldn’t decide which. The part about relaxing could be interesting. He was about as high strung and uptight as you could get, and he knew it. He watched the other boy take a couple ‘hits’ as they were called, he knew that much.

“I see.” He mumbled as he glanced down at the joint when it was placed back in the ashtray. Giving a momentary exam of his data pad, he shrugged and picked up the joint. “So how do I do this? Do I just puff or do I try to hold it all in or what?”

You only live once. At least it wasn’t something that was going to give him trippy hallucinations or anything. Worst case scenario he would just retreat to his room until the effects wore off.

flybat3

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:36:16 pm »
Ah yeah, the guy was going to try it! He wasn't expecting him to at all though. He seemed really uptight honestly. What's the point of life if you didn't know how to relax? Or socailize with people? Hopefully he would get to know more of this guy.

"Unlike cigarettes, where you just inhale and than exhale, it helps to hold it in. Not for a long time really, jus like 5 seconds or so. Normally you take two hits and pass it to the next person, but since your new it probably wont take much..." he paused to think up more advice, "Probably may want to get yourself a drink, cotton mouth is a bitch"

His dick started to get hard and he shifted on the bench. Damn weed, this wasn't the time man. Drew wasn't here and he would be damned if he was going to innate anything with someone he just met.

"Music is generally pretty epic to listen to as well..."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 06:47:46 am »
Yeah, any of the crew members that knew of his existance would have been surprised by his willingness to try a couple hits. Knew of his existance...that kinda summed it up nicely. No one on the Sassy Juice really knew him. Hell, no one alive really knew Nicholas. His parents were dead, a long time now. Oddly, that thought never really bothered him.

"So how fast is this gonna hit me?" He mimicked the way he has seen Kai hold the joint and brought it to his lips, dragging a bit of the drug into his lungs. As he put the blunt back into the ashtray he tried to hold the smoke in for a few seconds before exhaling with a bit of coughing. He raised his hand and waved the smoke out of his face. "Whoa, oh man. That'll take getting used to."

He smirked, that was the second time the weird neko boy had mentioned music. Hey, why not? Picking up his data pad he tapped the screen a few times and brought up one of his playlists. My Nuclear Bromance started playing. It was some emo band, but Nick kind of liked their music, and damn anyone that thought it sucked.

flybat3

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 06:14:36 am »
Kai smiled. Not only did he feel like the expert of weed but it seemed like the guy actually liked it. Score. Totally freaking epic.

"My Nuclear Bromance huh?" It was a okay band. He usually just listened to techno though. At least the guy wasn't playing country music. Tingly waves of sound ran through him from the data pad. Not cold ones like the techno music provided but warmer slower ones. Felt good, even if it wasn't the normal feeling he got from music while high.

He went to the fridge and got a energy drink. The cotton mouth was coming back on. Ugh. Sitting down he took a large gulp and grinned more. Mmm fruity.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 08:21:21 am »
Nick really hadn’t decided if he actually liked it yet or not, but at the very least, the smoke part wasn’t as bad as he had thought it might be. Still, it made his throat, nose, and lungs tickle in a kind of funny way when he had taken the hit.

“Yeah, they’re really not bad. Not my favorite, but I like ‘em. Don’t judge me.” He laughed slightly; he hated how high-pitched his voice was. It wasn’t completely girly high-pitched, but still higher than he’d have liked.

“So what music do you like?” Nick asked as he watched Kai walk to the fridge and back.

flybat3

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:12 am »
"Nah, not judging. It's an alright band" Kai stated giggling slightly at Nicks laugh before taking another drink.

"I mainly listen to techno. Daycore, Crazy punk, skrillex, ect. I dunno, may sound crazy but its like cold waves of energy just emit from it when i listen to it stoned." he shrugged and took another hit.

He wasn't even really that high yet. Not anything like smoking his pipe or a bong. That was a stronger method. Whatever though, wouldn't want the newbie to get to high on him. Things might get scary that way. It felt like entity's were watching him from the ceiling corners but he shook the feeling, it was just a weird thing that happened to him sometimes is all.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 07:21:44 am »
"Yeah, they really are. I really like death metal and stuff, punk rock is okay, but I like the hardcore stuff where you don't even know what the hell they're even screaming about. I'm weird." Nick really could tolerate any kind of music, but he did have a certain fondness for loud, perhaps even obnoxiously so, metal bands.

"Techno? You know, I've never really listened to a lot of techno. No particular reason why, was just always listening to something else I guess." He wasn't so sure about these cold waves of energy, though. He hadn't thought he would get all that trippy on weed. Then again, he'd never tried it before, so he wasn't sure. Although he did have this pleasant tingly feeling in his head and fingertips.

He poked his datapad again and the music changed to Daycore, he'd never heard of them, but if Kai liked them, he was willing to give them a shot. "So what other than music is good while high? Like movies and stuff are probably wicked, huh?"

flybat3

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 06:14:47 am »
Day core came on and Kai smiled. He hadn't heard them in awhile. It was nice. Last time he heard them he was chilling out with Drew. Which reminded him that he should probably get a hold of the guy sometime...

"People tend to get trippy on weed if they smoke past there tolerance. Some dont at all. Some do all the time. Just depends on your body man."

Speaking of that, the tingles changed with the music. Cold waves that seemed to touch him everywhere. Kai purred and took another hit. Colors were more vibrant now and he was getting a tad horny. He probably wouldn't get anything from Nick though. The guy didn't seem to be the "jump in a strangers bed while high" type.

"Yeah, comedys are extra funny. Some games are too. Eating pretty sweet. Food just becomes almost like a mini orgasm or somethin when you eat it. Playing hacky sack is cool but i just like doing that in general really. Uh.....sex is extra epic..."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 05:16:59 am »
Nick thought about what Kai said about smoking past a person's tolerance. He wondered what his tolerance was? Probably was pretty low, since he wasn't used to it, but he didn't feel too off yet. A bit tingly, and the music sounded strange, but that could just be because he'd never listened to techno before, but he couldn't be sure.

He watched Kai take another hit and blinked slowly as he talked about what was good while high. Hadn't Nick already asked him that once? He thought he might have. Yes, he was sure of it, because Kai had mentioned sex being good while high before too. Nick shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

"I'll have to try the comedies sometime. I usually prefer horror, though. Might be a bit crazy to watch a slasher flick, huh?" It probably wasn't a good idea, though. Then again, most horror movies weren't scary to him, so maybe he could actually get a good thrill for a change. "Hey, can I have another, uh, hit?"

flybat3

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 07:14:14 am »
"oh sorry man......didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or something. Pretty normal where im from to be kinda open about sex"

Usually he would have missed that entirely. The whole other person was uncomfortable thing. He wasn't very perceptive while high is all. He was really trying with this guy though. Having friends was good, just need to not stick his foot in his mouth.

"Slasher flics might be alright. Dunno though, could be trippy. Could just cause you to be paranoid and ruin your high though. Ruined highs suck. One moment you could be high and the next minute stone cold sober. Anger usually does that, yours or someone elses. "

He took another hit slowly trying to calm himself. His brain kept thinking dont fuck this up over and over. Smoking with someone who hadn't before was a tad strange. It'd be okay though, he just needed to be chill. He blinked and passed the joint.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:43 am »
“It’s okay, it’s not like the Cancer isn’t like that too. It’s just a me thing. I’m kind of weird about things like that. Hell, I don’t even like being touched.” Nick had his reasons for not getting to close to people, physically or emotionally.

He hadn’t thought about the getting paranoid while watching a slasher flick. Actually, Nick didn’t know it was possible to instantly get sober from high just by being shocked in some way, whether anger or something else. “Wow, really? Good to know. I’ll keep that in mind.”

When the joint was passed back over, Nick sucked in another lungful and offered it back, holding the smoke in for several moments before slowly letting it back out. Hey, if he was going to try something of his own free will, then he was sure as heck going to make sure he went for a full experience. “So what’d you get reeled into this circus act for? I’m a mechanic.”

flybat3

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »
"I can be like that too. If i trust the person though I can get a bit touchy feely. Only if there okay with it though. I kinda just go with the flow really."

Man this guy was making him feel like the expert on weed though. He knew some stuff here and there but Drew knew and did more. It was a good feeling though, both the high and knowing a lot of answers for once.

"You got the whole inhaling thing down though" he grinned "That's weird, I'm one too. Hopefully this ship doesn't have a lot of engine problems or something man."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:29 am »
Nick tilted his head slightly, expression a bit confused. Well, he wasn't sure if it was because Kai was high or because he was, but the kid didn't make a lot of sense. Or did he? Nick wished he could just go with the flow, but he was much too uptight/paranoid for that.

"Hmm, well inhaling is kinda the easy part, yeah? Anyone can breathe, that's like, instinctual or something.” He couldn’t help but laugh a bit though.

“Don’t you worry about the rainbow puke machine; she’s got me on board. Seriously though, this ship has more mechanics than work to do. One would probably be enough…” That was kinda true, one mechanic could keep the ship running for a long time considering she was in decent shape, but they didn’t just work on the Sassy, they were there to dismantle and strip captured ships too.

Nick just shrugged and gave another chuckle, putting the joint back in the ashtray and leaning back with a sigh. What had he been working on again? Oh yeah, routine diagnostics of the computer operating systems. His datapad would have taken care of that.

“We should do something. Just sitting around is kinda boring.”

flybat3

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:51:32 am »
"Any suggestions?" Kai asked.

He took another hit and snubbed the joint out, waiting a second for it to cool, and than putting it in his pocket. Could make stronger joints out of it if he saved up enough of them. Not that he was that desperate to get high anyway.

"I meant the whole, holding the smoke in your lungs thing..."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 08:06:54 am »
"Yeah, but inhaling still seems like a fairly basic concept. I don't see how it could be difficult to figure out." Nick was totally missing the point. Then again, he had a computer controlling part of his functions, what could you expect? At least he was talking to someone, willingly, and not being a complete smartass about every word that came out of his mouth.

"Ah, you said movies are awesome, do you have any really good ones? I usually watch horror, so I don't have a lot of comedies in my collection. I could show you around the engine room, but I dunno how good that would be while we're stoned. Am I stoned?"

Nick blinked, could he not even tell if he was high or not? Apparently he wasn't sure. Had he asked the last question out loud or had he meant to just say it to himself inside his head?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal