Ships > Ships

What does an AI do with its freetime? (atlas crew)

<< < (3/3)

alex_xr:
Allison couldn't believe it, here a being was offering her a game, no one had ever done such a thing.  She would focus as much spare processing as she could into beating this young man, wanting the game,  it would not be fair but it would work.  She wanted that game, and not slack off, she laughed she could ideally have it on all the time, or instead of idling.   She would beat the beings at their own game. " you are strangely nice to me,  I like you " She knew that the game would not be worth playing but perhaps she could experiment on it and make friends..  " Why engineering? surely you could make the games if nothing else. " 

Bowen:
Strangely nice?  Perhaps to an AI, but Kahaku wasn't one to judge others, especially for being what they were or were made to be.  "Hey, what harm could it do?" he said easily.  A happier AI was more likely to behave itself, so that was hardly a bad thing.  "Oh, why engineering?  Well, I figured it was the most likely thing to get me down this end of things."  He paused to lean into the open panel, and felt into the pump's working recesses with his whiskers.  There did indeed seem to be a build up of something alternately slimy and rough.  He worked at finding a grip on it, and the lump came free.  He grunted.  "There.  That ought to help it."  He withdrew the object, a small crystal that was either blue-green or taking the colour from the variegated slime that was clinging to it.  "Oh, I'm hardly creative enough to make games," Kahaku said dismissively.  "That, and I would have had to go off-world just to learn the basics."

alex_xr:
Allison checked the sensors, " you did it, I am reading nothing else in the valve, of course I can't be sure until you close it back up and we start moving water again. "  She listened, ' I see, but surely your world knows how to make video games. " She thought about looking it up but didn't see a use.   She found the engineer interesting.  " I flagged the system so it was known you were working on this stretch of the system. I also have a problem.. They won't close the water park, for use to work, they only close it every 30 days.  "  She wondered what he would have to say about that.  She was glad to have a person who engaged her, though she had another presence in the ship for the captain, though she didn't really need to as the ship was easy to fly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version