Ships > Ships

What does an AI do with its freetime? (atlas crew)

(1/3) > >>

alex_xr:
Allison as she identified her self, to the beings on the atlas,  guided the ship with, but she found that only took a bit of her processing.  She had always refrained from contacting the crew members as she found they often didn't react well to her. Well She decieded that she was going to use her extra time at hand to  help the crew. So she had some devices in engineering show her "human" form and she smiled at which ever engineer happened to be there. " Hello, can I assist you in anyway? I find that my processing power is not being used to capacity and wish to aid in whatever way I can. "   She  tried to smile.. In her research beings liked that, a face with a smile. There was a reason she used her human form she found that it humanized her so they were more willing to accept her. 

Bowen:
Kahaku leaned over the main engineering terminal and frowned at the readings.  The tweaks he'd just made to the water filtration system's protocols should have had at least a five percent increase in throughput by now, but it seemed to be trucking along the same as it had been before.  It was starting to look like he was going to have to head pretty much to the other end of the ship and go over the filtration pumps the old-fashioned way.

And then someone spoke from behind him, but he hadn't heard the security-locked door open.  He spun his chair around, confused and startled, and blinked at the female human standing there.  "Er, hello," he said awkwardly, before abruptly placing the nondescript face.  The mention of processing power helped a bit too.  "You're Allison, right?  The nav AI?  I'm Kahaku, the new chief engineer."  He rubbed at his forehead, not noticing that a trace of grease from earlier took the chance to smear across the scales at the base of his spine fin instead of his fingers.

"There is something, actually.  I've been tweaking the water filtration systems a bit, and the throughput really should have improved by now, but nothing.  I don't suppose you'd be able to confirm that or anything before I go shove my face into the pumps and decide if I have to pull them apart or not?"  He grinned.  He wouldn't actually pull the pumps apart, thereby shutting down an entire section of the filtration system, unless he really had to.  Loose a few bolts, tighten some others - but not dismantle them.

alex_xr:
Allison smiled some more at Kahaku, " Yess I have researched you, you like water don't you.. "   She scanned the systems, and checked the various ships stats on them. She then decided what she thought was going on. " It seems something is stuck in the pump, restricting its flow. thus making your improvements useless"  She said,  tracing down the blockage by monitoring the  flow at different parts.  This of course took seconds. "   I believe there is also blockage under deck D. "   She had an idea but figured she would wait till the crew was more use to her. She wasn't usualy out of the command deck but she had found  her processing not being used enough, and decided to help out.

Bowen:
"Water and video games!"  Kahaku grinned, and hopped off his chair at the mention of a blockage.  "Why didn't you say so?  Best get that sorted out!"  He stopped midstep when Allison continued.  "Under deck D as well?"  He scrambled to remember which deck D was.  Entertainment.  Water park.  There were some pretty heavy pumps and filters there, especially the Hydragon's pumps.  That think packed some impressive horsepower.  "You make my job so much easier!  Can you tell which system in particular it is?"  He quickly worked out which problem was closer.  "Actually, I think I'll clear up the filtration pump first, if the D blockage is just as stable."

alex_xr:
Allison replied " The system is still operating within acceptable levels, thus the system has not set off any flags. "   She wondered about humans some time, why make an level acceptable  if you are going to expect more than it. " She  looked,  at him and tried to think of how to explain this. " All I can tell is its to do with the hydragon.  It seems it is shooting at non optimnal levels.   due to some sorts of restrictions. "   She laughed , " I am familiar with video games.  You play as well?"  She had a weakness for them,  perhaps it was her programming but she enjoyed playing them, though no one had ever let her play with them.     she  walked to follow him, various cameras in the ship let her image move seemlessly as she could move throughout most of the ship. She had snuck work orders  for them.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version