Ships > Ships

Making the Rounds(Atlas Crew)

(1/4) > >>

Dreamwolf:
Fenrir rose from his bed as the alarm rang, telling him it was time to wake up. While shaving he checked the days list of tasks and trials. He needed to double check the security cameras in the loading dock, which had been acting up since a small collision with some micro meteorites. He also needed to do a systems check on the phase shields on deck E, the new software wasn't working right and a diagnostic would be needed. The only thing on the list that needed to be done soon was the Boarding Drill, to keep his little wolves in shape for pirate attacks. Not that the Atlas was a prime target for Pirates, it was far too large for most pirates to even think about trying.

Stepping out of his quarters in the command barracks, a place he preferred over the living quarter of the Colony Deck, he almost tripped on a small lad of about 10 years, the boy held a sponge in one hand and a pail of cleaner in the other.

"In trouble again Sorrel? What was it this time?" Fen was notorious for being a stern Chief but he was well liked by most of the crew and their families as he was never too had on the children.

"I pulled the boarding Alarm on Deck C." The boy mumbled it trying to hide his guilt. "I hafta clean all this hallway until it shines. The Captain said so." Fen left the boy to the cleaning and headed for engineering on Deck E. He was currently on Deck B, which was where most of the single officers stayed.

Bowen:
Kahaku rubbed his face, trying to banish the last dregs of sleep, and grimaced as a loose scale pulled free and landed on the sink with a faint tap.  "Bloody air," he muttered.  "Space is all well and good, but I really need to get the water systems running better."  He scrunched his face about and examined his reflection.  The dark spot left by the missing scale as far too obvious, a fingertip-sized shadow below his left eye.  He sighed.  It'd be a few days at least until a new one grew in well enough to lessen the effect.

He tucked the scale into one of the pockets of his shirt as he left his quarters, stretching his long neck to try to sort out the kink near its base.  Soon as he was properly familiar with the Atlas, he was definitely focusing on the water systems.

Kahaku was so caught up in his innocent plottings that he nearly walked straight into someone.  One of the many people at least half a foot taller than he was.  Great.  He caught himself quickly, flaring his back fins and hooking his tail around the still-open doorway, and came to a sharp halt clear of - oh.  Security guy.  Name was......  Fenris?  Sounded about right.  "Morning," he said amiably.  "Anything blow up that I haven't heard about yet?"

Dreamwolf:
((we don't really need a posting order if Alex_xr wants to join later it won't cause a problem.))

Fen's eye detected the incoming Chief Engineer before any collision might have occurred, however Fen took a moment to stop as his biometrics worked faster then his biological. He nodded politely as the Limnaris spoke. Chuckling he shook his head at the question.

"No but I wouldn't mind your opinion on these Phase Shields on Deck E. Seems the new software isn't compatible with the old hardware. And it Fenrir by the way, we weren't properly introduced when the captain signed you on. Just call me Fen, unless there's someone important around, the head honchos from Bluemoon prefer we stick to formal titles when they come aboard. Then it's Chief Fenrir." Pausing for a moment to let the other Chief answer he spoke again. "How are you settling in?"

Bowen:
((Fair enough - the chances of everyone running into each other all at the same moment is pretty low anyway :) ))

"Good, good," Kahaku said easily.  "I'd rather get a bit more familiar with this gal before she pitches a fit."  Once sure of his stability, he uncoiled his tail and draped it lightly across his toes.  "The shields, huh?  Well, upgrades do like to be touchy; I'll see what I can do."  He reined his thoughts in before he could get to thinking about what was most likely to be the problem, how he could find out, and what he could do about it.

"Sure, Fen.  Kahaku s'evalta, but I only ever hear the last from people who either don't have a clue who I am or think it impresses the seriousness of the situation on me."  He rolled his bright eyes and flicked his jaw fins.  "Head honchos indeed!"  With a quick shake of his head, he switched subjects.  "Oh, I'm settling in quite well.  The scales are thinking there's room for improvement with the humidity, but that's hardly new.  How long have you been on the Atlas?"

Dreamwolf:
Fen nodded and smiled, he decided he liked the new Chief Engineer, whose personality seemed to be a bit eccentric but not as bad as some of the crew.

"The Humidity on the ship is a bit touchy, according to the last Cheif Engineer it might have something to do with the hydrocoils. If you want though I can show you how to customize the humidity in your cabin, I've set mine for about 35 percent humidity." Fen stopped and looked up, tapping his left fingers on this thigh, the joints letting out tiny, almost inaudible clicks as the gears moved. "Come to think of it, the water filtration system was acting up about a week before you signed on. I'm told your race is considered semi-aquatic. Do you want to go take a look at the system?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version