Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Character devpad  (Read 885 times)

Satori

Character devpad
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:16:48 am »
I don't plan on necessarily using all of these (except the first, which I'm in the process of writing), but I might use any of them.  Also this is mostly for my benefit so that this is written down and somewhere that I can easily find it, but feedback and potential plotting is welcome.

Silva Talamie: She's an elf and a former spiritualist for her people, a clan of "space elves" (yeah let's go with that for now) who settled on the edges of civilization when arriving on Edanith.  I say former because an accident with a terraforming generator made the area where the clan settled uninhabitable, killing most of them and driving Silva back into space where she eventually found that her abilities were not spiritual at all.  Now she's working as a space pirate because, while she could probably be good at something else that's just as profitable, she's not qualified for it.  I could put her on a crew if anyone with a pirate ship still needs it (she can fix magitek things and use most guns, but her best field is magic involving blessings and curses), but failing that she can captain her own ship called the Priestess's Revenge.  Meet her at Cancer Station if you're interested in hiring or joining her.  This one's currently partially done, but I've still got time to change things if anyone wants her involved in something of theirs.

Aliana Ferrara: A Teinari inventor/engineer working below ground.  She's a genius and has some of the more advanced tech of the nation,  half of which was taken from the lab and half of which was built herself.  She supplies a subterranean hunting team with weapons and occasionally fights alongside them, but spends most of her time building new gadgets and trying to find new ways to defend her little section of the old lab.  Currently she's trying to get around the whole "bullets are expensive" limitation and build effective projectile weapons that don't need them.  And she's just a bit of a mad scientist,so some of her ideas on that front could get...interesting.  Could be hired and taken away from Teinari, but only if she can take her entire lab with her.  Also happens to be bi.

Yaretzi: Just a possibility here that would let me play with an alien race and possibly mess around with the whole human-looking alien thing that used to be (and sometimes still is) so common in sci-fi shows (Star Trek Original Series I'm looking at you).  Her species are colloquially known as "Charmers", and are now half-human due to interspecies relations (something that'll be explained more in the profile if I use her).  They also naturally develop psychic powers, and tend to not to stay in one place too long because of this.  The character's still pretty up in the air, since I've only thought in detail about the species so far.

an Aedolian celebrity babe, stage name "Luna": This one's a work in progress, but I've always wanted to play a celebrity with a really dark secret.  Ideas are welcome, but I've got a few possibilities worked out if I don't think of/get anything better (such as, but not limited to, secretly being a serial killer).  This would probably be a "for fun" character that suddenly drops into serious territory behind the scenes.
Updated: I've worked out that she'd probably sing whatever the RotE equivalent of Eurobeat is, and that she'd sneak in darker songs along the lines of this in between the rest of the bubbly dance pop that hint that something might be wrong.

possibly a Pilot?  I don't know, it's an idea in progress.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:37:17 pm by Satori »

Offline Flakeblood

Re: Character devpad
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:28 am »
Well, if you happen to make Aliana, I have a a character in Teiner named Jael. She's part of a hunting/gathering team, and I think it'd be awesome to have her know someone that can fix up her weapons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:12:29 am »
Drake could use some crew for the Warmonger. And I need excuses to post with Drake.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Satori

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »
@Flakeblood: Fix up?  Hah, with what she's got Aliana would try to upgrade them.  This may or may not be a good thing.

@GIR: Wow, the Warmonger is huge.  I may be able to swing that with Silva as a fighter pilot, but I think I'd prefer something smaller and closer-knit.

And I've updated the first post a little bit.  Listening to music gives me ideas.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 01:44:11 pm »
If she would make a bow along the lines of something Green Arrow or Hawkeye might have, definitely a good thing. Compressible, light weight but still strong... That'd be the best thing ever!
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Pancake

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »
Luna... wow she sounds interesting. : D

really interesting actually ~

Satori

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »
Yeah, I've been thinking about her since I put this topic up, and I'm having a lot of fun designing her.  More fun than I was with Silva actually, so I may be making her first.

@Flakeblood: Aliana would rather install a launching mechanism into the arrow rest to give shots an extra kick, but compressible and lightweight works too.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:22:05 pm »
>_____>
This must be done. I don't know how or where, but it must be.

silvermistshadow

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 06:23:08 pm »
I have a ship myself, but while it is smaller and more close-knit (there's only four decks), it's also a military vessel, so space pirates would probably not be hired by them. Normally, they don't really have aliens as crewmembers unless they come from a civilization as advanced as theirs, but they might make an exception for certain jobs (medic, pilot or gunner or something)

Satori

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 12:46:01 am »
Gonna revive and use this as a plot topic as well as a devpad.  Luna is done, so plottings is welcome once people can get through the mountain of a profile I left over there.  I tried to keep it under control, I swear!

Will probably make Aliana once Luna's settled in a bit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal