Ships > Vermillion Grief

Living the Dream [Nix!][M]

(1/27) > >>

Tally:
(Trigger warnings:  rape and abuse
Isaac knew it was over when then sound of gunshots became more infrequent, then died entirely, and he knew they'd lost when the alarm kept sounding, blaring its warning out to a crew that was all either dead or captured.

All of them except for Isaac, who had barricaded himself inside the medical bay while he waited for the fighting to end.  He wouldn't do any good out there—would only get in the way of those who actually knew how to handle a gun, and in here he could at least let in any of their people who needed medical attention.  He'd expected someone to come to him, with the amount of gunfire he heard through the walls, but no one had even paged him.

He was alone, holding his breath, until the pirates started banging on the door of the medical bay.

Isaac backed up until his back hit the wall.  Finally they got tired of trying to force the door and shot the lock out.  Isaac jumped and whipped his hands in the air, showed he wasn't armed.  That was his only chance, that they'd let him live because he was a doctor, and not offering them any trouble.  The patch on his jacket indicating his profession was his best defense here.  He'd read the statistics, knew that medical professionals were the most likely to survive pirate occupation of a vessel.

Surviving was the least of his worries.  What might come after was what concerned him.

Nix:
Darvish personally went through the crew of this ship to decide which of the survivors they had rounded up were worth taking for the slave market. They had a bit of time before any distress signal the ship might have sent out would be answered. He had gone through them carefully, his crew had lined them up and unfortunately there were a few that just wouldn't sell and weren't worth keeping alive. His gun swiftly took care of them, bullets to the head execution style without so much as blinking.

The others were ordered to the Vermilion's brig, even two with minor gunshot wounds. They were worth trying to salvage but it would be a bit of a hack job trying to patch them up since Darvish had recently... fired their last medic. Well they might end up being put down tomorrow but for today they would live. With a wave of his hand he sent the rest of his crew to pillage what could be used or of worth from the ship. It was then that he had been alerted by some of his muscle that what seemed to be the med bay on the ship was locked.

Well maybe they were in luck~

His guys had gotten through by the time he had reached it and inside was a delightful little gem, and so obediently putting his hands up without even being told to do so. Darvish's men had his guns trained on the man so Darvish put his own in his holster for the moment. "Are you a doctor?" He asked striding toward the lone occupant of the room. He did make a visual scan of the area to make sure there was no one hiding, he wasn't stupid.

Tally:
No.  I wear this patch on my jacket for fashion.

He wanted to say that, but he was staring into the barrels of an awful lot of guns.  Talk about overkill.  What did they think he was going to do?  Kill them all and retake this ship with his invisible, nonexistent gun?

Isaac tried to speak, found his throat tight with fear, and cleared it before attempting speech again.  "Yes."

This guy was obviously their leader, or some kind of leader if he wasn't the captain.

Nix:
Well at least this one was smart enough to be scared. He reached for his gun and just put a hand on it, so that the doc wouldn't try and be brave and go for it himself, and then he drew closer to inspect the other some. "Well it's your lucky day Doc, just so happens I have a job opening so at least for the time being you get to keep breathing and you don't have to be sold either, though I can't say you won't be a slave in some sense... It's not like I intend to pay you for your services, but if you do a good job you get to live."

A smirk crossed Darvish's face and he reached out to touch a lock of the other's hair, ready to pull his gun in a split second if need be. "I think it sounds like a great deal myself, I suggest you consider it but I am only prepared to give you five seconds to decide."

Tally:
Isaac's stomach sank, and it was such an odd reaction.  He'd get to live.  He'd be forced to serve on a pirate vessel, but he'd provide a vital function, probably be provided for decently.  It was more than anyone else on his crew could hope for, those that were still alive.  His insides clenched at the thought of it anyway, even knowing that the other two options were death or the slave block.

He held his breath as the pirate reached out for him, and didn't relax one bit when he only touched his hair.  This man radiated danger like heat, like a scent.  Isaac was nodding enthusiastically before he'd even finished speaking.

"I'll do it."  Gods.  Did his voice really sound that small?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version