Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Back to business...  (Read 377 times)

Foxtrot

Back to business...
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:23 am »
The Spitfire Swallow, the creaky, run down old ship of Corvus Guntram, docked in the Cancer with a quiet hiss of the systems working overtime inside it. The side of the Swallow swung open with a creak, and a hiss of hydraulics, letting Corvus depart, accompanied by Pulsar, who was usually merely the A.I of the ship she had just exited, currently in the form of a small robotic swallow. She alighted gently on Corvus' shoulder, and the leopard-armed man gave her a small half-glance for her troubles. Corvus walked from the port with the air of one used to the workings of Cancer, even though he was blind as a bat, and even though he had been absent for a while, to broadcast on his pirate radio station - SwallowFM. He had found that Cancer made quite the good hiding place to evade arrest for unlicensed broadcasting, which was good, because Corvus had no intentions in getting himself arrested any time soon, besides, if he was, he'd get in a lot more trouble than just being told to get a license for his broadcasting...

After he had wandered about for a while, he had found his makeshift hole - A small room behind a shop. It had no access to the shop that he could find, and certainly, Pulsar hadn't said she'd seen anything, so he assumed it had been blocked off in some renovation of said shop. Indeed, the only way in now was a hole that had rusted out, and which was now covered with a slightly dirty sheet, to give himself and Pulsar some semblance of privacy. Corvus stretched out his furry arms, and scratched himself gently with a claw, before he slumped down against the thin wall of his home, listening to the hustle and bustle outside, before he spoke to Pulsar.
"D'ya want to go get a drink? And perhaps a bite ta eat?"
Pulsar, who had flown around their shared home a few times, before she settled on Corvus' knee, replied via telepathy, as usual:
"Why should I care? Not like I can eat or drink anything, you know,"
"That's true, guess I should have thought o' that."
"Yes, you should have."
"Oh, come on Pulsar, no need ta be so... snippy."
Pulsar made no answer to that, however, she did vacate Corvus' knee, seemingly preempting his decision to stand up, and vacate his home, pushing the cloth that hung over his door aside with a quiet swish, before he and his swallow companion made their way to the nearest bar. Today was definitely a day that Corvus needed a stiff drink...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal