Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: If I Can't Take My Coffee Break (Rhi!)  (Read 5595 times)

Katie

Re: If I Can't Take My Coffee Break (Rhi!)
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 04:53:46 pm »
She rolled her eyes. "What ice? Just 'cause I won't sleep with you doesn't mean I don't get any."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »
Ari arched an eyebrow. "Ykan?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Katie

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 05:17:22 pm »
Alia had taken a drink of her coffee right before he said that, and she almost choked on it laughing. "No," she said, when she'd managed to get a measure of her dignity back. "Renna Mae's, when we're docked here." That was a brothel--a clean one, as much on the level as those ever got, but a brothel anyway. She went for Hyacinth, mostly. Nice girl, funny as hell, and she had magic hands.  "Why do you care who I screw anyway?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 05:31:31 pm »
Ari managed to hold the expression until Alia nearly choked, drawing out a laugh of his own.

"Oh, don't get me wrong, darlin'. I don't care who ya screw or how many or when or what. It's the fact that ya screw at all that's relevant to my interests." He gave a little nod and a smile. "Renna Mae's, huh? Been meanin' to check that place out."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Katie

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 05:54:25 pm »
"Don't know why you keep trying, cause you're never getting a yes," said Alia. "Yeah. Nice place. Price'll get marked down if you tell Kittie I sent you."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 10:45:56 am »
"Kittie, huh? Mrowr," Ari said with an eyebrow waggle. "I'll be sure to hit her up. As for you, m'dear..."

He leaned his elbows on the table and leaned toward her. "Maybe I just like the thrill of the chase. Or maybe it's 'cause I'm a masochist and the rejection hurts so good."

Katie

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 12:44:05 pm »
"She's the secretary, not one of the girls." Alia raised her eyebrows. "Really, now? Real convenient for you, cause I don't intend to be caught. And if it's pain you like, ask for Leena. Just not before we have a business run, cause you'll be stiff for a day or so." Alia'd tried her once, asked her to be gentle. It'd been good, but the bruising on her thighs had been real inconvenient.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 07:11:36 pm »
"Leena...ah, I like the sound of her. Anyhow!" Ari gave Alia a light punch in the shoulder. "Sounds like we got a great workin' relationship goin' on here, you and me. You run, I chase, and on and on we go, one big uroboros minus the bitin'. Works for me if it works for ya, sweetheart."

Katie

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:22 pm »
"Hate to see what you call unprofessional if this is working." (Not that he was wrong, though Alia wouldn't exactly class what she was doing as running.) She nudged him back and smiled just wide enough to show a little tooth.  "But it's not too bad, I'll give you that."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 02:50:14 pm »
Ari grinned. "Glad it ain't terrible, 'cause if it was, well, tough shit. You're stuck here 'til the next port in fuckall knows when."

Finishing off his coffee in a long gulp, Ari slid his chair back and rocked a little, balancing it on its back legs so he could prop his sock-clad feet up on the table. "Speakin' of which, what do you do to keep from goin' batshit crazy on long hauls like this?"

Katie

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »
"Lots of stuff." Alia shrugged. "I read a bunch of shitty Aedolian web serials. Comics, too. Mostly the indie ones about singularities and stuff. Plus there's upkeep to do. These muscles don't make themselves." She took another swig of her coffee. "What about you? I know you can't spend all your free time banging Ykan."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »
"Nah, not all of it. Guys need a little recovery time between rounds, y'know." Ari shrugged. "Aside from bangin' and super important captainly duties, I happen to be workin' on the next great Edani novel. It's gonna be a classic, lemme tell ya."

Katie

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 11:34:35 am »
...well, that was unexpected. Ari as an author? Not something she'd have thought of. Then again, most people wouldn't peg her as a comics reader. Layers and all that.

"Okay, I'll bite," Alia said. "What's it about?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 01:20:54 pm »
"Ah, darlin', I thought you'd never ask!"

Ari slid his feet off the table, let his chair drop back to all fours, and leaned forward with his arms on the table. "Alright! So I don't wanna give too much away but suffice to say it's a pulpy space opera about this group that goes where no man's gone before. Action! Adventure! Explosions! Aliens! Oh, and y'know steamy romance of the whip and leather variety, but it's got a relevant plot purpose. It's a big character development moment, see. It's touchin', really, and not at all gratuitous."

Katie

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »
"Yeah, sure it is," Alia said. "Plot sounds interesting, though." She wasn't going to admit she wanted to know more, much less that she might want to read the thing. (If he ever finished it, anyway.) It was a pride thing, which was why it made almost no sense.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 06:27:27 pm »
"Yeah, it's gonna be pretty epic. Might make a series of it, dependin' on how the first does." If he ever finished it. He'd scrapped so many first drafts already. "Then disappoint the shit outta all my adorin' fans when I die young and leave the entire thing forever unresolved. It's the perfect plot for immortality. The characters'll live on in speculation and fanfic, and I'll live on through 'em."

Ari feigned wiping a tear from his eye. "It's all beautifully tragic, don'tcha think? I've really thought this out. So! What kinda comics ya read, anyway?"

Katie

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 06:27:21 am »
"Hey," Alia said, "Don't go jumping the gun. I don't want to take orders from Ykan." That was a joke. Mostly. "Besides, I get my way, we all die old and rich." She probably wouldn't, of course--the most likely way for her to die was some kind of systems failure that blew out the cockpit--but it was nice to think about.

"Like I said, indie stuff. About zombies and mad scientists and shit like that."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »
Ari let out a laugh at that one. "Good point. I'm just cringin' at the thought of Sassy in anyone else's hands, to be honest. The things they could do to my baby..." He shuddered visibly. "Oh, yeah, and riches are good, too. The old and wrinkly part, not so much, but the riches, sure!"

Tilting his head, he then gave Alia an odd look. "Zombies and mad scientists, huh?" He raised an eyebrow. "Huh. Never saw that comin'."

Katie

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 05:22:17 pm »
"Right?" Alia didn't have the same relationship with the Sassy as Ari did, but she handled beautifully for her and even the paint job had sort of grown on her. It was still ugly, though. She finished off her coffee and winced. Cold. And grainy. "I'll take double my share of wrinkles if I end up with the money for real coffee."

She looked sidelong at him. "Yeah, and you look like an author. It was my ex got me into them--she was way back. I was what, twenty? Younger than you, anyway."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:21 am »
"Hey! What're ya implyin'? Ya sayin' I'm old"?" Ari said, and laughed, shaking his head. "Yeah, well, the author bit, that's our secret. Can't be lettin' others know, it might ruin my hardass pirate rep. You keep that to yourself, I won't tell folks ya still read picture books."

He added a wink to the end, showing he was just kidding. Honestly, he didn't care who knew--most people just didn't ask.

"On the condition, of course, that ya stop bein' so stingy and gimme the names of some of these titles."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:12:04 am by Rhi-Rhi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal