Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: New roomie? [Nix!]  (Read 6434 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: New roomie? [Nix!]
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »
Asher gave Hanguin an odd look. He hadn't really thought of himself as treating him kindly or anything and didn't really make a special effort to curb his behavior toward anyone. He'd just been blunt and honest.

Ah well. Whatever.

"They're probably watchin' us right now. Hey there, motherfucker! Ya like this?" Asher grinned up at the ceiling and flipped both middle fingers at their invisible audience, if there even was one. Looking back to Hanguin, he dropped his voice. "Ain't no way to be sure. Just gotta be real quiet, is all."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 04:03:49 pm »
Hanguin looked up at the ceiling when Asher flipped it off. It was kind of amusing to see but it was also serious. He wasn't sure how to say what he wanted to, but he lowered his voice and looked at Asher. "...do you think they is any way to find out if.... if someone was a subject here?"

He knew it was a long shot. He remembered them rattling off a number of some sort early which he ws fairly sure was supposed to be him... even if they did keep names with their test subject numbers he figured only higher ups knew them or had access to such files. Hanguin had to know if Kyssimri had ended up here. He knew he had promised Jahsklo when they smuggled Kyssimri out of the colony that they would never try to find out about how Kyssimri was. They couldn't know, because it put all three of them in danger, but that was out there. In here, well he had to know one way or another.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 05:29:10 pm »
"Might be. Ya could probably jus' ask." Asher gave Hanguin a curious look, pushing his leftovers around on his plate without even realizing he was doing it.

"A lot of the people here ain't all that fussed about us, don't take us seriously. Ain't nothin' we can do, so they talk. Not like ya could do anythin' with the info, ya know. Why? Ya lookin' fer someone?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:02 am »
Hanguin was surprised. The possibility of just asking had never occurred to him. But if it was possible... well he would just ask and see and go from there. He looked up at his roommate when asked if he was looking for someone. He hadn't spoken about Kyssimri in years and he felt like there was a lump in his throat. He swallowed and took a deep breath.

"...yes. I just, I need to know if my little brother was here. I hope he is safe and has never been anywhere near here but... I have to know."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »
Asher made a face at that. "Well that's jus' stupid."

Pushing his plate away, finished with his meal, he sat back with his arms folded across his chest. "Why would ya want to know? If he's here, he's bein' tortured and there ain't nothin' ya can do, 'cept now ya know he's sufferin' and got somethin' else to torture yerself with. If he's dead, ain't nothin' ya can do, 'cept now ya know he's dead and got somethin' else to cry about. If he's alive, great, he's alive and well. Guess tha's reassurin'. But why not just assume th' best? Ain't nothin' ya can do anyway, and at least then ya got some peace of mind."

Offline Nix

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »
Hanguin had to admit that Asher had a point, but not knowing was worse sometimes. "I... I understand what you are saying, but I just have to know. Maybe I will just try this positive thinking for now..."

If Kyssimri was here... had been here, what would he do? What could he do? Then again not knowing hurt almost as bad. "...he's my little brother but... my older brother and I raised him, I will always worry about him." Han said softly, wondering if there was anyone out there that his roommate cared about or worried about but he wasn't about to ask.

Already he had shared more about himself with Asher than he had with even his crew.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 04:15:22 pm »
"Ain't no point in worrying no more," Asher said with a shrug. "Not like ya can do anythin' so it's a waste of energy." He glanced at Hanguin. "It's best ya just forget."

Offline Nix

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:45 am »
No worrying. That's right. It would take some time to get used to that. Hanguin let out a sigh. "So then what should I do?" He looked at Asher wondering briefly how this man still had his wits about him despite being in here, how anyone could. Hanguin was worried about that too.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 02:14:59 pm »
Asher shrugged again. "Worry about yerself."

Offline Nix

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2012, 06:09:42 pm »
"...Alright." There was nothing else to say on that front. He would have to just... not worry about Kyssimri and the others now. Easier said than done though. "So... what usually happens after meal time?" He wasn't looking forward to anything in this place but being able to rest would be nice.

Now that he ate at least... of course he would be hungry again soon too. Worry about himself. Well, all he could worry about right now were his bodily needs.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 12:49:38 pm »
"After meal time comes clean-up, then it's back to th' cell to sit 'round some more. After a few hours, it's exercise time, then dinner. Other than tha', ain't much of nothin' goin' on, unless they decide to use ya, if ya know what I mean."

He smiled, though it never reached his eyes. "An' they will."

Offline Nix

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2013, 09:37:42 pm »
Hanguin wasn't sure how to respond to that. The smile on Asher's face probably should have unnerved him, the statement should have unnerved him. It didn't though. For some reason it just made him sad. Even with his ability dampened by the technology here he could still sense the other male's pain, not in a psionic way, but it the way any person should for another.

"...right." He said finally. He had to remember that he should worry about himself now, and not about others. That was what Asher said to do. It just happened to be the one thing Han couldn't fully wrap his mind around.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »
Asher nodded. "Right. So."

He tilted his head, eyed the guy curiously. "How ya get caught?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 10:52:57 pm »
"...I landed on Edanith's frontier in hopes of securing provisions for my crew but ended up getting kidnapped by bandits and sold here. Of course many of my people are sold here straight from our mothership so I have no right to pity myself. I only pray my crew is safe." Hanguin explained before hesitantly adding. "...and yourself?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:53 am »
"Oh, ya know, I killed a cop," Asher said without looking at Hanguin, adding on a little shrug. He hoped he at least looked indifferent.

"So yeah. 'Nuff about that. Whatcha mean ya get sold from yer mothership? Yer people sell ya out or what?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2016, 12:02:04 pm »
Somehow the attempt at indifference made it all the cleared that it wasn't that simple. Asher didn't seem like he was the type to just kill nonchalantly. He didn't want to pry, and he really didn't want to know.

The question caught him off guard though. He wanted to defend the name of his people, of his family- explain the history and circumstances behind it but, essentially what Asher so indelicately said was absolutely true. Still. He had to say something on the subject. "Yes. Its... A situation we seem perpetually stuck in. My people don't have a home other than our three ships and we became dependent on people who treat us like cattle. Essentially we live on ships that just hold us till we end up- well, here."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 10:04:21 pm »
Asher arched a brow at that. "Ya all end up here eventually?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:31 pm »
"....technically, yes." Even the bodies were sent here, or another facility if not TRIM itself. It was hard to talk about. Hard to explain. Hard to justify that the way his people lived now was better than it had been. Better than being slaves. He wasn't sure they weren't still slaves though. They certainly were not truly free.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2017, 10:25:02 am »
"'Technically'...?" Asher pressed, still frowning deeply.

Offline Nix

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2017, 10:39:43 pm »
Hanguin sighed, he didn't want to discuss this any more. It was ingrained in him not to discuss it. "Yes. Technically." Was all he said. He felt sick, he was still worried about his people, it wasn't something he could just turn off. "Can we talk about something else?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal