Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Unauthorized Landing (Nix!)  (Read 3738 times)

Katie

Re: Unauthorized Landing (Nix!)
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 03:07:45 pm »
Ly put a hand on Hanguin's shoulder. "'s no trouble."

"Think of it as us protectin' our business interests," said Lissa, giving up on the cooler and opening the pantry. "You keel over, we don't get paid. How you feel about wheat flakes?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Nix

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 03:19:47 pm »
Han flinched at being touched. There was no skin to skin contact but in his weak state he was still getting some emotions off of the man, though he couldn't make heads or tails of anything other than maybe some concern and worry. These really were good people weren't they? He looked up at Ly for a moment before turning to Lissa. "A-Anything is fine..." He said after a moment, giving in to their help.

Katie

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 05:14:16 pm »
"Good," said Lissa. She fixed it--with minimal milk, last thing Hanguin needed was something that would upset his stomach. She set the bowl in front of him and perched on Ly's knee. Ly put a hand up to her hip automatically.

"We'll finish this when you're not half-dead," she went on. "Got a way to talk to your ship?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »
"Thank you..." Han took the bowl and slowly ate. He looked between the two siblings. His head was spinning but he couldn't help but think there was something strange between these two. He wasn't half dead... just not doing well... "Yes... of course." He had a communicator and could contact his ship... actually Tahshkei was probably worried and freaking out already. He ate some more and set the bowl in his lap. "...you are both very kind..."

Katie

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 06:11:02 pm »
"Just good manners," said Ly.

"You should call in," Lissa said. "Tell 'em...well, tell 'em what you want, just as long as it means they don't land inside the gate." The corner of her mouth tilted up. "Cows taste better when they ain't been scared to within an inch of their life before the slaughter."

That was a terrible joke.

Like you're any better, brother mine.

Offline Nix

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 07:11:31 pm »
Han nodded. He should call Tahshkei at least... let him know what was happening and have him bring the ship around... and... The bowl slid from Hanguin's lap and clanked on the floor, at least he had eaten it all. He couldn't help it... he just, passed out.

Katie

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 07:59:31 pm »
The twins just looked at the man now slumped over their kitchen table for a minute, and then they looked at each other.

Does he get a bed? asked Lissa.

Don't see why not, sent Ly. Customer. Manners. She sighed.

You do that. I'll call the ship. You see anything that looks like it could do that on there?

Ly sent one second and started looking for pockets. Gently, couldn't be getting too handsy with a client. And there--small and round and a metallic gray. Ly tossed it to Lissa, who caught it, and then, very carefully, picked up Hanguin. Didn't want to bang anything. Guest bed for him. They had plenty, this house had been home to a big family before they all split off and left it to the man they'd bought it off.

Lissa fiddled with the circle until it clicked it open (which spooked her more than she'd like to admit). Alright. Buttons. There were buttons--ah, there. Now she just had to figure out which one to press. She pushed her thumb down on one. Nothing. Next one, and it lit up. Progress. "Hello?" she said doubtfully.

Offline Nix

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »
Even being unconscious he could feel Ly's emotions as he was carried. Two minds... two bodies... the love... the connection... all one. The feelings flooded his mind as he slept.

The communicator connected to Tahshkei on the ship, who answered quickly. "Captain? Are you finished? Should I land the ship?" He was worried about the captain being down there all on his own.

Katie

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:35 am »
"Oh, good, it's on," said Lissa, "He passed out. Hasn't been eatin', he said. Think you may want to come get 'im, but you'll have to land outside the fence. And if you want to finish the business without 'im, be my guest. Don't exactly have all the time in the world down here."

Offline Nix

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 04:03:25 pm »
Tahshkei paled when he heard the woman's voice on the other end. For a split second he thought this could be a trap, but then overwhelming guilt and worry hit him. Captain Hanguin hadn't been eating? How had he not noticed that? He couldn't remember the last time he saw the captain eat though... Shassshanm! How had he been so blind? So stupid? "Is he alright?" Tahshkei asked trying to keep his voice from shaking. The crew around him all started taking notice and asking him what was wrong, he had to shush them to keep quiet.

"Is the Captain alright ma'am?" He instinctively was a bit harsher than he intended to be despite his polite words. The captain was very special to him- to all the crew, and he was now torn between doing his job as the captain instructed, and rushing down there to get him. "...I am not authorized to land the ship without the captain's express orders." He said finally. If it was a trap... well he could not risk it. There were innocent people on board from the overflow... not just crew members.

"I am sorry for your inconvenience... but until the captain tells me to do so... I cannot land the ship. Please take care of him till he wakes up." Tahshkei was shaking as he said this, but he had to. He had to follow orders.

Katie

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 04:26:53 pm »
"He's gonna be just fine," said Lissa. Guy up there sounded pretty unhappy about this. Not like she could blame him, this sounded pretty shady to her and she was saying. "Wouldn't dream of doin' otherwise. I'll warn you, though--this'll take a good while. Eight hours is my guess."

Offline Nix

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »
"...Thank you. I will keep in touch." Tahshkei had to muster all his strength and courage to say those words without his voice shaking, and then he disconnected the communication and sat there with his head in his hands for a moment before alerting the crew.

Hanguin turned in his sleep... he could see the two siblings so clearly in his dream... speaking as one... sharing everything... their touches... it was strange but so right... he felt that connection in his dream. The way they felt it... like he was part of it for a moment. Like he was them...

Katie

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »
It was actually seven hours later--hours in which only half of what should actually be getting done got done, because somebody had to be in the house. It took Ly a good half of the seven hours to get the cows over to the other side of pasture (two-man job, that), and then Lissa took the rest of it to finish up with the barn and the stables.

Hey, he's up, sent Ly as she was scrubbing the uck off of her hands.

Right, call his friend. Be right in.

Ly flipped open the communicator and clicked it on. "Your captain's up," he said, "Passin' him over in a second." He turned to Hanguin and held it out.

Offline Nix

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »
Tahshkei had checked in with the farmers a few times since their first conversation, and felt a sort of... comfort. They seemed like they were helping the captain after all, but he was so relieved when the man said that the captain was awake. "Thank you..." He let out a sigh of relief.

Hanguin felt unsteady as he awoke... he felt like he was moving even though he was lying down.... and in a bed too. He tried to sit up but wasn't able to right away... but he saw Ly and felt at ease. Why? The next thing he knew he was handed his communicator. "H-Hello?" He said softly.

"Captain? Are you alright!?"

"Tahshkei... yeah, yeah I'm alright."

"They said you passed out..."

Hanguin sat up. "Yes... I suppose I did... I was really dizzy..."

"You haven't been eating captain?"

"...no. I'm sorry... I was trying to help you all and I only caused trouble for my entire crew..." Hanguin looked at Ly and knowing that even though Lissa wasn't there she was. "...and the nice people here."

"...as long as you are alright everything else can be worked out. I wouldn't land the ship without your orders... I wanted to though... we all did." Tahshkei said seriously.

"I'm sorry... come get me. It's safe."

"I'll see you soon then captain."

Hanguin hung up and looked at Ly. "Thank you and Lissa for everything..." He said slowly trying to get to his feet.

Katie

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »
"Welcome to it," said Ly. Lissa came in, through the kitchen, and down the hall. She was tired, he could tell. The ache in her arms started to spill over into Ly's, and she pushed him out gently.

"Hey," she said, sticking her head in. "Hate to be rude, but this is a matter of business. You wanna finish up yourself, or is your second steppin' in?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 04:35:07 pm »
"No, I'll finish our business. Tahshkei wouldn't make a decision without me anyway." Hanguin said looking at the two of them. If someone had tried to explain to him that these two people were one he wouldn't have understood it... but having felt it... somehow it made perfect sense. "You run this farm all alone?" He asked amazed that they could manage it all by them self.

Katie

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 05:42:49 pm »
They looked at each other and laughed. "No," said Ly. "We have a hired hand." Both faces sobered abruptly.
"He's sick," Lissa said. "Fever. Harmless but takes a stone's age goin' away." She huffed a sigh. "Look. How much cash are you willin' to pay for a hundred head, here?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
"I am sorry your worker is sick..." That was something his people didn't have to worry about, but starvation was a real concern. "I hope he gets well soon. I am sure it is hard for just you..." He wished that he had the means to get the farmers medicine. Even though his people were used to make medicine, they had no way to get or distribute the meds.

He looked at Lissa when she brought up price. "What is your usual rate?" He didn't want to low ball them or haggle really. He liked these weird siblings and wanted to do right by them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal