Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: :D Hi everyoneeee  (Read 1077 times)

Jenny

:D Hi everyoneeee
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:26:53 pm »
My name is Jenny! I found this forum on Tumblr today and I just posted my first character profile. I'm very excited to start roleplaying! There's not enough good futuristic roleplays in this world and I find the thoroughness of this setting really conductive. I've also felt pretty inspired by Cowboy Bebop and Serial Experiments Lain, and this sci-fi book I've been reading.. I'm not usually into futuristic sci-fi stuff, though. My interests are pretty much in weird historical stuff like Downton Abbey, BBC's Sherlock.. You know how it is. I like books,  I read a lot more than I watch movies or TV shows. So that's pretty much it! I'M EXCITED.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Aska

Re: :D Hi everyoneeee
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »
Helllo Jenny! :D Its nice to meet you! I hope you like it here! I myself joined a few days back and already love it, mainly just been putting up my character profiles~ Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorites... -Casually glues self to your face-

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »
Sweetastic. We should all play.

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45:50 pm »
@Aska Cowboy Bebop is the best! I love the setting and story so much :) and any fellow fan can glue themselves to me<3 Also dude your character names are badass.

@kindofabigdeal Absolutely!
Where's everyone's characters? My Rian is in Haviah.

Aska

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:48:01 pm »
@Jenny - Hehehehe, I'm still working on getting all of my characters on here, most of mine are wanderer's from my own sort of.. eh star system, so until I work more out they are where every they decide to travel too x'D And thanks, xD I take forever picking names.

@kindofabigdeal That sounds like a good idea, although I'm still working out mine and where they would go and such, so its a slow process, I might just have to make someone that's not from you know completely different planets that isn't here. x'D

Jenny

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:58 pm »
@Aska I know what you mean- Rian was floating around my head for awhile and he had to be tweaked to suit this setting but I think his characterization is more dense now. It helped having boundaries. In my mind there are limitless worlds.. hahaha. But I'm sure your wanderers can wander into Haviah for one reason or another

Aska

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:00:24 pm »
@Jenny- Yes, I'm sure one of my wanderers can wander his booty over to Haviah, I'll just have to decide... which one, I have to many and I'm having to re do some of my profiles because I got the places/planets they are from named wrong so yay redoing things! If you have an MSN feel free to message me at Captainaska@hotmail.com it helps keep better contact, I also have AIM as well which is Queenofdragons23

Jenny

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:57 pm »
Certainly! For now I'm  going to get some much needed sleep, but I'll shoot you a message tomorrow!

Aska

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »
Alright! Sleep well!

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 08:37:44 am »
I haven't decided where Galileo is from yet. ...Guess i should probably get on that.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:09 am »
Cowboy Bebop. <333 Also, what sci-fi book are ya reading if you don't mind my asking? :3 I love sci-fi but often have a hard time picking out books! xD There's so much to choose from and it's a far broader genre than other fantasy genres.

I'm also more of a reader than a TV-watcher. And working in a bookstore only enables me, ahaha. xD

BUT YAY! Welcome to the game, Jenny! <3 Rian sounds awesome and we should do something. |: I have a ton of Aedolian characters I could toss their way. xD
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:06 am »
You should read the Uglies series. It's pretty good.

Jenny

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 04:22:43 pm »
@Aska I dunno why, I guess I was so tired when I posted that I didn't realize, but I don't even have AIM or MSN... Hahaha what is wrong with me? I'll shoot you a private message.

@kindofabigdeal I've read Uglies! A long time ago though. It was interesting!

@Rhi-Rhi OH SHIT admin up in here. (; Well it all started with this fan fiction I read.. Even if you're not part of the fandom, I seriously reccomend reading it. It is incredibly written and the setting and plot is just, immaculate. (Linking here)

Anyway that lead me to reread a Christopher Pike book I had really liked as a kid, called Starlight Crystal, and The Star Group, too. Both stories based on very interesting ideas. CPike was a badass back in the day, I loved him.

Oh and I just started reading Wool, which is the best selling Cyberpunk book on Amazon and the highest rated as well. It's good so far!

Okay enough about that, hey, LEGEND OF KORRA! Love it so much. <3

You work in a bookstore? I just quit my job working at the library. It was a hell of a job though, I worked a seven day week in the Children's section. Talk about memories. I was always reading Silverstein and wanting to cry.

Okay finally, I'm going to post a thread, I guess I'll leave it open until you pick your character. How does Synesthesia sound? Rian's a bartender so that's probably a pretty likely place for him to be.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:03 pm »
UHHH EFF YEAH LEGEND OF KORRA! (Im rewatching A:TLA right now...)

Pancake

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 08:56:51 pm »
ooh Rian sounds really cool. o:

I guess I can throw my Aedolian popstar dual-life/almost-a-split-personality girl at him! but I dunno if they'd get along. Roxie's definitely not that intelligent sounding, and Ragna's really more insightful than intelligent. if even that. ahaha I guess it might be worth a try though /o/

oh. welcome too. : D
looking forward to seeing you around! o: when I'm here anyway, kind of an on and off player here.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 12:10:02 am »
ATTACK OF THE ADMIN, NYAHAHA. Jaykay, jaykay. ;D

Uglies! 8D I will have to read that! I picked up Leviathan by Westerfield and love it so far! ^^ And I'll have to check out Wool, too! It sounds fascinating and I added it to my wishlist so I don't forget! xD

Bwaaah! That fanfic is for Big Bang, awesome. xD

And omg Legend of Korra. <333 God I was such a skeptic when it was announced. I was very cautiously intrigued but also very "B| Wtf, steampunk, 1920s-themes, swing music, and cars? In MY Avatar?! IT'S ONLY BEEN 70 YEARS!" Never mind that TLA has steampunk, tanks, and freakin' zeppelins. I think I was mostly just buttmad because Korra was next-gen and I was mad about no Zutara and the original cast being all dead. *cough*

...Now I'm utterly hooked and IDGAF. xD It needs to be Saturday now.

And ho snaps, 7 days work weeks. o.o Dayum. (Though Silverstein is the bomb.) I don't technically work with the books since I work in the bookstore cafe as a barista, but I still get to be surrounded by them (and coffee) all day so life is pretty good. 8D

(Also I replied to the thread. ;D)

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Jenny

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
@kindofabigdeal & Rhi, Aw yes, Legend of Korra fans, WASSUPPPP my homies!

@Rhi I was skeptical too! I really liked the idea of a female lead, but I wasn't sure about the plot. Now I adore it. The steampunk undercurrent is totally hardcore.. LOL Zutara, omg. Yes. I miss that too, even though I wasn't a hardcore shipper. I just liked to think about it. And hello, Sokka? Funniest, best character ever. I miss him so much.
Aw coffee and books- your life is perf?
Btw I was reading about Gabriel and I found it so funny that he's a prude.. And so is Rian. This is good, they are definitely going to get along. Let's make them friends. ?

@Pancake THANK YOU. Yes, we can do something! Maybe when I make a new character if you don't think any of your's would get along with Rian
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:28:43 pm by Jenny »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »
Exactly! 8D I was so thrilled about the idea of a female lead and felt that if anyone could pull it off, they could, since they had a great cast of awesome gals. <3 I haven't been disappointed! I'm really loving Korra's character. *__* The other characters are boss, too. And bawww, Sokka! D8 I miss him. And everyone else. Zomg that speedy flashback in the last episode! MAJOR BEARDAGE GOIN' ON. xD

Ahahahaha! I found that hilarious as well! Finally he doesn't have to be the only weirdo! xD And he definitely needs more friends! 8D So yaaaay!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal