Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Ode to a hangover. [Aska!]  (Read 741 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Ode to a hangover. [Aska!]
« on: April 26, 2012, 01:13:19 am »
Good thing he'd lived it up yesterday, because today he wanted to die.

Cringing, Ari popped two pills into his mouth and washed them down with a gulp of water. The hangover wasn't so bad anymore; he'd already puked himself free of toxins and was now nursing the remnants with headache pills and bread. Pity he only remembered bits and pieces of that day--the good parts, at least. The parts that counted.

Yeah, it had been a while since he'd been back to the Cancer and they'd started to run low on booze which was an utter travesty he was hell bent on fixing.

Probably shouldn't have crammed a couple months worth of drinking into a single outing.

And yet even nursing a hangover, he still wound up back at his favorite haunt: a little pub that served greasy food and cheap drinks which, as a result, was filled with loose tongues. It was a great place to get information and he'd known the owner for years.

Currently, he was in it for the greasy food and info and was skipping on the drinks and only half listening to the conversation. Sitting at the bar, one elbow on the table and his chin propped on his hand, he picked at the last of his bread and willed his stomach to cool its tits. It was working gradually, the mild food helping and the pills starting to bring his headache from a skull-splitting pound to a dull, annoying throb.

Problem was, he was out of bread, the bartender was way on the other side, and he was lazy as fuck.

Turning to the guy next to him, he arched an eyebrow and glanced down at his own bread.

"Hey, ya done with that? Good!" Without waiting for the guy's answer, Ari pulled the bread basket over to himself and dug in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Aska

Re: Ode to a hangover. [Aska!]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:22:14 am »
Reginald was just calmly enjoying his peace of mind while oh so very calmly eating some bread. He had to calm that monster of a stomach of his some how didn't he? Yeah he did, of course he did, if he didn't then he wouldn't hear the end of the growling fucker when he decided not to eat.

The expression on Reginald's lips was a straight line while he chewed; sucked for the guy next to him, seemed the poor fellow had a hangover from hell. Well that's what one gets when they drink. Reginald on the other hand chose to keep away from booze due to the fact if he drank even one drink he'd be drunk off his ass faster than a high school girl at a weekend party.

He finished some of the bread, and right as he was about to reach for another...

The god damn fucking bread basket was snatched from him. His personal space was just broken into.

"What the fuck?... What the fuck.." He said with a bit of a grumpy tone, as he slowly looked at the man next to him, his eyes narrowed behind his goggles. Of course no one could tell he had his eyes narrowed due to how dark they were.

"Have you ever heard of ASKING? Perhaps I would of GIVEN you some." He grumbles out, a scowl forming on his lips as he reached over to snatch the basket back. For fucks sake some people just knew how to bug him without even knowing him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:18:11 pm »
The guy snatched the bread-basket back, but not before Ari snagged the last piece of bread.

"Yeah, thought about it, decided I didn't care. Perhaps ya woulda said 'no'," Ari said, taking a bite of the bread and chewing lazily, "and then I woulda puked and then nobody'd be happy. So cool your tits, buddy. It's bread."

He took another bite, found he was growing full and didn't actually want an entire piece and, after a brief pause, shrugged and offered the bread back with a small grin. "But hey, if ya want it, it's all yours."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Aska

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »
He just blinks a few times as he stares at Ari; his jaw almost dropping.

"It may just be bread but its still- Oh never-mind." He huffs a bit and just goes to take a sip of his drink, which of course he had forgotten what it was. Though he did stop drinking for a split second, "I'll cool my tits when your balls fall off."

He looks back at Ari and then at the bread that the other had eaten off of. "...No, you keep that, besides you already ate off of it." He said as a matter of fact, his brow raising a bit. "So what do you want?" Yeah, Regi had one of those feelings in his gut.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:36:25 pm »
"Ohhh," Ari said, grin broadening. "I get it. You're one of those people. Don't eat after people, afraid of gettin' their icky germsies?" He waggled the bread in front of the guy's face before letting it plop back into the basket.

"No worries. I ain't got much. Anyhow, I just wanted the damned bread before ya went and made it an issue, but if ya got more to offer I'll take that, too," he said, nudging the guy in the side with his elbow and winking exaggeratedly.

Hey, the guy had started it. He made it too easy. The indignation, the huffiness, the grumping--well, it was all the perfect cure for his own current misery.

Aska

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:42:08 pm »
Reginald swatted at the mans hand that held the bread before it was plopped back into the basket. "No, I'm not one of those people, I just don't eat after other people unless I have too. In which I don't.. need too."

Alright, see, Reginald was getting over the whole bread thing, but then Ari just had to nudge him in the side. See, that was breaking the personal space bubble; which Reginald did not enjoy one bit. "Nudge me again and I might just shoot that arm off." His hand went to his own hip, ready to grab at the gun that rested there. Hey, he would do it too; well... Maybe, sorta, really as long as he didn't get into trouble he would. Yet knowing him he'd probably get into trouble. Damn it all.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 12:25:18 am »
Ari raised his eyebrows and feigned hurt shock. "Whoa. You'd shoot an unarmed, hungover guy?"

He wasn't lying about being unarmed, either. He wasn't fooling anyone; right now, he was in no condition to fight and pulling a weapon was just a good way to get it turned on him, so in the end it was just safer to go without.

Ari shook his head--and immediately regretted it when the world kept moving even after he'd stopped. "Shit, man, that's cold. How ya ever get laid with an attitude like that?" Reaching into his pocket, Ari fished out a cigarette out of habit, was about to light up, and then scowled and put it back away. Damn fuckin' hangover. He needed nicotine but knew he'd only end up feeling worse.

Aska

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:35:42 am »
"If it came down to it... Yes, I would shoot an unarmed, man that had a hangover from hell." He just smiled a little before rolling his eyes behind his goggles and went back to sipping at his drink.

Though, Ari had said something that in turn caused Reginald to sputter and start choking on his drink. After a bit of a coughing fit he looked at Ari. "Who said I ever want to get laid? I'd prefer... to just keep to myself." He sighs a little and wipes his mouth off on the sleeve of his hoodie.

Reginald threw his hands in the air and shook his head. "Okay look, I give in. I'm not going to fuck around with a man that's hungover..." He scowled a little, "Sorry for-" A pause and another roll of his eyes, "Getting all bitchy on your ass over a damn bread basket."

Oh lord, it was like the word sorry just made Reginald want to bash his face in a wall.. He rubbed his temples a little, "I have a feeling you want something, what other reason would you still be sitting there with a possible headache talking to me... So.. What is it?" Yeah, Reginald may of been the silent type, which clashed with some of his personality- Hell the whole man was a clash fest, but there was times he wanted to get to the point.. This, being one of those times.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 01:55:15 pm »
"So frigid," Ari murmured, and tried not to grin too broadly at the apology. Ah, it was like magic. He knew well and good that he was being an asshole (he was honest with himself like that), so it was all the more amusing that he'd somehow gotten this guy to apologize when he really hadn't done a thing wrong and had reacted like any person would.

What a great pick-me-up.

The bartender came by and Ari asked for some water, which he took a long gulp of. He set the glass down and glanced sidelong at his new "friend". His eyebrow arched. Oh? Well, Ari had[ been honest the first time around. All he'd wanted was the guy's bread, that's it. He really was a simple guy with simple needs and rarely had hidden motives when it came to complete and total strangers--unless they had something he wanted which, in this case, was just the guy's complimentary bread.

But this guy seemed a paranoid sort, the type that saw hidden motives everywhere and that you could never convince that no, really, it was that simple.

Those types were fun.

Ari smiled and turned to look at him, letting his eyes roam up and down what he could see of him. "Your skin would be nice," he said, completely deadpan. "It's quite lovely. I'd like to wear it."

Aska

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:57 pm »
His eye twitches, in which he just stares at Ari with narrowed eyes behind goggles.

"My skin? The fuck?"

That was his only answer as he shakes his head and keeps a hand on his gun, he uses the other to finish off his drink before slamming the glass down. At least it didn't break.

"And maybe I want you to be a moving target practice, I have some weapons that I need to try out to make sure they won't back fire on me..." His lips twist into a smirk. "I mean... You want my skin right?" His hand twitches, "Maybe a trade?" Ha, Reginald was just wiggling his way around in this one.

Boy was his paranoia kicking in full time, which was a little irritating for Reginald.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 02:49:01 pm »
The guy freaked the fuck out so beautifully! Ari lasted only a few seconds into his paranoid, twitchy rant before his deadpan expression cracked and he burst into laughter--that he quickly regretted as it set his head to pounding again.

"Holy shit, are ya for real?" he laughed, holding a hand up to his temples to try and soothe the throb. "Calm down, cowboy. If I wanted to skin ya, I wouldn't be tellin' ya. Naw, I'd be stakin' myself outside, makin' myself real unnoticeable, follow ya home, and then..." He drew a finger across his throat. "Lights out. Or, y'know, I could just be tellin' ya this now so ya don't think I'm a serial killer, 'cause what serial killer spills their plan before they carry it out? Anyone'd laugh it off as a joke."

He smiled brightly. "Guess you'll never know."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal