Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Here's to the friends that were alibis  (Read 1010 times)

Anonymous

Here's to the friends that were alibis
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »
Most of the time, Valor Vice stuck to routine, but when you played by your own rules for too long, then life started getting boring. Ever since Val had left the Libra, he had been playing this game with himself – to see how long he could stave off the boredom, to see how fast he could get his adrenaline pumping. But even the best ship had to stop and get refueled every now and then. If Val could have it his way, he’d just keeping going on forever, endlessly. He didn’t know why, but when he thought like that, it felt like he was running from something. He scoffed at the idea. Him? Running? From what?

His ship was parked at the refuel center, in a tiny little bar in the middle of nowhere. He leaned against the refuel center, his ship parked in front of him, his headphones clamped around his ears as usual. The din in his ears was tuned to a low volume – everyone around him perfectly audible, although it was amazing, how people acted, when they were sure that you couldn’t hear them. For example, because he had his headphones on and was staring intently at his cell phone, he was waiting thrice as long for someone to come and refill his damn ship because all the attendants were sure that he wouldn’t mind waiting, since he was so preoccupied.

Either that, or they were stupid.

Val frowned at his phone – reception out here was total shit. He turned his head just as an attendant walked by, narrowing aubergine eyes at him. “Hey, baldy,” he called, his voice deadpan. The attendant growled at the sudden name call, but stopped nonetheless. “I’ve been waiting here for like, forty-five minutes? You gonna fill her up or what?” He shifted his weight to his other foot, tapping it impatient. Damn, that meant he hadn’t eaten in a whole forty five minutes! God, he was starving…

The bald attendant nodded grudgingly, looking at the ship with wide eyes. Most of the ships in this refuel center were small time stuff – he had probably never seen something this big before. Granted, it was no OZ pilot ship, but hell, it was something. He was fiddling with the tank now, and Val, snapped his gum, standing up a little straighter. “Hey, wise guy, be careful – that’s not…”

He had been messing with the ship’s radio instead. In an instant, the man had pushed the wrong button, and had turned the ship’s radio up to its highest volume. His music – a mix of screamo and metal – blasted through the refuel center, and Val winced. Not because of the man’s mistake, but because of the song – it was an old one he used to listen to, back on the Libra, back before he had disappeared.

“You do know how to turn it off, right?” Val called over to him, but the man didn’t want his help. And so the song blared on – remnants of his past played out in that haunting tune. He sighed, a long drawn out breath. How long had it been?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Here's to the friends that were alibis
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »
Kain had been busying himself bumbling around space and staying away from the reaches of Libra. They always had an eye open for his OZ ship that he had refurbished and painted, though his sister's good graces kept him from harms way. He just couldn't go back to that. He just couldn't do all of that trouble anymore.

Her warnings had pushed him further and further from Libra, and he found his ship running nearly on empty before long. He had no choice but to pull in to this refueling station that couldn't have been any further away. Though, it was packed because of that. His silvery skin glistened in the lighting, and his green eyes seemed to give off their own glow as he turned to look up at his ship until a lady who worked for the fueling station handed him a clipboard for his order and he turned his attention to filling it out.

It was rather easy, really. He needed fuel and bullets. All of which he could get there, though he would have to wait. But that was fine to him.

When he finally managed to fly in, he got a spot right behind this rather large ship that was currently blasting music rather loudly, though inside his ship he couldn't hear it very well-- until he had gotten up and went to the door. Opening it and jumping out onto the platform.

He lazily handed over the clipboard when he was done with it, then ran a hand through his short, dark purple hair, seeming to be lost in thought about something. But the thought left him when he looked down to his scuffed up boot. So he bent over and wiped it off. Finishing that cleaning by looking over his tight black pants, then his black turtle neck shirt that had the sleeves cut off, a bloodied bandage on his upper right arm showing that he had recently been in a brawl.

He turned and looked up at the large map before he started to head off to the dining hall.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 12:51:34 am »
So this bald guy had been fiddling with the radio on his ship for a good ten minutes now. Val snapped his gum again, looking up at the baldy with a blank expression, texting on his phone without even looking down at the keyboard. “If you don’t need my help, then I’m leaving,” Val dared, and still the bald guy insisted that he was fine. Eventually, the radio did die down, but not before that infernal song was stuck in Valor’s head. Damnit. Just when he thought he had forgotten about all of that.

But with his ‘condition’ he could never truly forget anything.

He pocketed his cell phone, and bit his lip, looking over at the baldy once more. If I have to wait around here any longer, I’m gonna go crazy… he realized, chewing on his bottom lip. He adjusted the headphones around his ears, silently slipping away from the bald attendant, deciding it’d be best to go find someplace to eat around here. Gods, he didn’t even need proper food really – just… a candy bar? A pack of sour gummy worms? Was that too much to ask for? Apparently, it was. This sort of run down refuel center in the middle of flippin’ nowhere was too good to have one little convenience section.

They had a dining area though, but the very thought of going in made Valor cringe. He didn’t do… well, he hated eating in large public areas – it was so weird. He didn’t care if it was a cafeteria or a five star restaurant – hell no was he about to sit amongst strangers and just start chowing down. But his stomach was grumbling and he didn’t have much of a choice. To the dining hall…

The dining hall seemed to be part bar and part buffet style restaurant – they were both vibes that Valor couldn’t ride. He was so hungry, but he was surprisingly picky today – and his gum was slowly losing its flavor. He snapped it again, spat it into the nearest garbage can. Deciding he’d rather not take his chance with the food here, he slumped into a table in a shady corner of the hall. From here, it’d be hard for anyone to make out his form, but he had a great view of the whole hall from here. His cell phone was out again – just to give him something to do with his hands.

Aubergine eyes scanned the hall lazily, taking in features and faces – more useless data that he’d memorize without a thought. But then, as his eyes waltzed across the hall, he froze, coming across an all too familiar face – one sculpted from silvery skin and green eyes – Kain. His eyes widened, fingers froze on his phone – was this real life? He blinked and did a double take, but no, that was… that was definitely Kain. He hitched a breath, sitting back in his seat.

Okay. So what was he supposed to do? Waltz up to him and say, ‘Hey Kain, remember me? It’s been how long…’ Hell no. He’d look needy and clingy and… He clutched his phone a little tighter, biting his lip. Damnit! After all this time, he was here and he didn’t know what to say? Was he really going to just let this chance slip?

“Can I get you anything, sir?”

Valor looked up to find a waitress that had been standing at his table. Wasn’t this is a buffet style hall?

“A drink, maybe, sir? If you’d rather not go up to the bar, I can mix one and bring it here.”

Oh, so that’s what this was. He was about to send her away, but then something dawned on him. He looked back down at his phone while talking – it calmed his nerves if he talked like this. “Can you mix a black velvet and bring it to someone for me? He’s…” Val looked for him, finally spotting him in the crowd again. “…he’s the guy with green eyes and purple hair.”

The only guy in this bar with green eyes and purple hair. He pulled out some credits, paying her in full. “Tell him… it’s from a secret admirer.” He couldn’t help but grin at that. “You can tell him what table I’m at – but only if he asks.” And Val was totally serious.

Gods, Kain, that whore, there’s no way he’d pass up trying to figure out who the hell was hiding in the corner sending him drinks, like he was some girl to court. As the waitress went off to mix that drink, Val smiled, kicking his legs up on the table, adjusting his headphones around his ear, bringing up his favorite anonymous message board of choice, waiting, grinning like a fiend.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:46:58 am »
He had lazily sauntered over to a table and sat down. He wasn't one for buffets, but this one was here and he should eat-- hell, it did look like he forgot what food was. He was very skinny and the only weight he could attribute from was muscle weight and innards. He had no fat.

Though, he seemed to lull off as he stared out a window into space. That was until a drink was set down in front of him and he eyed it curiously. "Here is a b-" "A black velvet..." He cut her off. He hadn't had one in a long time, but it was his drink of choice when he was with Valor. He looked up at the woman and made a face. "From..?" "Well, he said 'your secret admirer.'" "Aa... interesting. And, where is this 'he'?" She pointed towards the table. Trying to keep things a little on the secret side.

So he grabbed the drink and downed it, then stood up and walked off in that direction. Soon spotting Valor. His eyes widened, though he still walked over and slipped into the seat in front of him. "...Secret admirer?"

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:12:32 pm »
And there he was – just as planned.

Valor removed his feet from the table as soon as he saw him approach, still wearing a wry grin when Kain had taken his seat. Sure, he looked confident, but the truth was that Valor’s heart was beating out of his chest right now. He was nervous as all hell and he wondered if Kain could tell. After all, he had just left so long ago without even bothering to tell him, maybe he didn’t want anything to do with him anymore, maybe he had done something wrong back then, maybe…

He shoved those thoughts out of his mind, pulling his headphones off his ears, letting them rest around his neck, shaking his hair back into place. It was a rare gesture, taking his headphones off – something he only did around Kain. If was anything else, he would’ve kept them on, to have them wondering if he was really paying attention to them or not. But if it was Kain, he had his undivided attention.

“Of course,” Val began, grinning at his query. “After you left so suddenly, that’s what I was reduced to, after all.” He looked down at his phone, flicking it off, but still holding it. “Just a lonely little pilot, abandoned, left to wonder where you had run off to~” He was playing it off, wearing a carefree smile, but he cast his aubergine eyes away from Kain as he said it, afraid of what he’d find there, afraid that the hurt he had felt when realizing he was gone back then would resurface. Hell if he wanted to seem weak.

His voice grew a little more serious, and he asked quietly, “What happened, back then?” He dared to bring his eyes towards Kain again. Despite everything, Val's damn aubergine eyes – they were the only spot where his vulnerability would leak through.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »
His eyes followed Valor's hands as they moved to pull off that headset-- and he remembered the significance of that. He had Valor's attention. His full attention.. But, what would come of this meeting after over five years of being away..?

Kain looked to the tabletop and rubbed the back of his head. Listening to Val's halfhearted explanation of what he had become, but when his voice got more serious he looked back up to him and bit his bottom lip. "I fled." he said softly. Looking away. "I couldn't stand it anymore. Hiding who I was. I was a mut-- and half of my blood was not accepted at Libra. But my parents thought it funny to leave my sister and me there. Where my sister could meld easier-- but me..? With my strange skin tone? I couldn't do it anymore. The second they put me in that fighter I just snapped and took off, and never looked back."

He licked his lips, nervous. "I didn't know how to tell you.. but I kept telling my sister to tell you I was sorry, but she could never find you. I figured you were avoiding her because we look so alike. So... I gave up. I figured you hated me. And.....and I'm sorry. I didn't know I was going to run.."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 03:20:23 pm »
Val had known that Kain’s bloodline had always been a source of turmoil for him, back at the Libra – but he hadn’t realized to what extent it had bothered him. All this time, the thought that he had left because he just couldn’t take it anymore hadn’t even occurred to the vagabond – what kind of person was he, to not notice the strife it had caused Kain? He bit his lip, feeling stupid – he should’ve known.

So he had tried to tell him, through his sister… It wasn’t that he had been avoiding his sister specifically; he had just avoided everyone back then. He had been antisocial shell of his former self after Kain had left – thinking back on it, it was embarrassing how much Val had closed in on himself after it had happened. Plus, he hadn’t spent too much time on the Libra after Kain had left – not long after, he had stolen his aunt and uncle’s flighter, and took off.

At his apology, Valor shook his head. “Dude, don’t worry about it. I should’ve figured you left because of something like that…” He frowned a little, rubbing the back of his neck. “I mean, I was your…” He froze, immediately cutting himself off. Val wasn’t sure if what they had been should be brought up, even if everything he had felt for Kain was still as strong as five years ago. Maybe stronger. But the last thing he wanted to do was come across as clingy. “…and it didn’t even occur to me how much you were hurting, because of your bloodline. I’m the one who should be apologizing.”

I figured you hated me.

Val shook his head. “All this time, I thought you hated me. I thought maybe I had done something wrong, you know?” He laughed a little at himself. “I was stupid to think that. I should’ve had more faith in you.” He grinned a little, wondering if he could get Kain to do the same – to see him happy, like old times. “But c’mon – smile.” He winked – a subtle gesture. “You look loads better when you do.”

Val had told himself that he wasn’t going to be flirty or anything – they hadn’t seen each other in five years and he wasn’t sure where he stood. But when he looked at Kain – and saw his vibrant green eyes, contrasted against his silvery skin – it brought back so many memories... Did Kain feel the same? Or was Val the only one being pulled in?

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 04:22:16 pm »
He stared at Valor curiously as he spoke. It seemed like they both had gotten mixed signals from everything, and in truth, he was glad it turned out that way instead of one way or the other. But, this was all too strange to him. Kain, the one that was usually bubbly and flirting with everyone, a bit of a whore when he was single, but always faithful to his lover when in a relationship. So, it was no secret that he had had many one night stands in the five years.. But seeing Valor made him question that all.

And then, Valor's witty flirting actually brought a smile to his face and he shook his head. "You're horrible.. I have pouty lips and you always tell me to smile~ What, are my lips not good enough for you?" He teased, but ended it with a chuckle. It was fun to get to relax and joke with Valor. Though, he had managed to snake around that 'I was you..' comment. Not on purpose, but because his mind had snapped to the flirting.

Did this place come with rooms?

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 05:49:38 pm »
Valor let an easy grin etch itself onto his features as Kain smiled, and called him horrible. Gods, but it was great to see him smile again. That was the Kain he remembered – the bubbly Kain who had been the only person Valor had given a damn about, back on his days at the Libra.

At Kain’s comment about his lips, Valor laughed, shaking his head. “Pfft, shut up, you know your lips are the only ones good enough for me.” And there a mischievous glint in his eye at his said it – for it was the truth, really. It had been five years since they had been away from each other – sure, Valor had tried the whole one-night-stand thing but none of it was really enjoyable. Maybe it was fun for like, a couple minutes, but it only made his thoughts wander back to Kain. He hadn’t fooled around in a little over two and a half years.

He smirked, leaning over the table, closer to Kain. “Let me prove it to you.” His lithe fingers grabbed Kain’s collar, pulling him in closer. Val’s lips met Kain’s in a hungry kiss, one that he’d been dying to have for five years. Maybe he could feel Val’s urgency, the lust and tension that had been building for so long, ready to explode.

Damn, what happened to not flirting or pushing his boundaries? Well, that rule was out the door. It had been so long, and when Kain smiled at him like that – well, what was he supposed to do?

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »
He chuckled. "So you've told me before, but how can I believe you when you keep telling me that I look better smiling~" He said, pouting more so that it was over exaggerated.

Though, then Valor leaned over the table and grabbed his collar, yanking him close and then.... kissing him! His eyes widened at first, since he was the one that normally was pushy like this. But, it was nice so he retaliated by grabbing Valor's shoulder and pulling him closer. Deepening the kiss for a moment before he pulled back and sat down. "... People are going to think I'm a cheap whore."

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 06:30:21 pm »
Even before, back when they had been in a relationship, Valor had never been the bold one – he took things as they came and let Kain run the show. And he knew it would probably be better to take things slow – because that’s how Valor operated, beneath his pretty mask was a calculating tactician – but rules and logic weren’t applicable when it came to matters of the heart.

As he deepened the kiss, Valor felt his heart racing, but couldn’t help but pout as Kain pulled away. Val blinked- remembering where they were. Right, right – they were only in the middle of a buffet hall. Granted, the table they were at was out of the way, but they were still in public. The vagabond couldn’t help but grin, though. “So? Who gives a damn about them. Hell, maybe they’ll enjoy the show~”

He was kidding, of course! Kain did have a point. Val bit his lip, rubbing the back of his neck. “Hey, do you… wanna get a room?” He was being a little daring today – aubergine eyes meeting Kain’s green, hitching his breath, awaiting his answer. Gods, he wasn’t the aggressive type – but today, today was a day that he’d thought would never come. After so long, he was sure he’d never see Kain again, so now… couldn’t he seize this moment for the both of them?

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 06:42:40 pm »
He let out a light chuckle at the comment. "Not many people like seeing two guys go at it. Let alone a silver mutt and a hot guy." He stated bravely, but nothing would have prepared him for Valor's next question. But, he froze and stared at him for a moment before finally grinning.

"Well, I see the years have given you some nerve." So he stood up and moved to Valor's side and held out his hand. "Well, let's go then."

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 07:39:17 pm »
Had the years given him nerve? Perhaps that was true. He wondered if Kain would believe him if he told him about all the crap he’d gotten into after he’d left the Libra – someone who just took what he desired, if he fancied it. Granted, there was a difference between raiding the hell out of people who had stuff that he wanted, and initiating something like this, but that was digressing from the original point.

Val grinned, lazily getting up and out of his chair. He took Kain’s hand as he offered it, entwining his fingers with Kain’s, sporting and easy smile. “Like I’d let this opportunity slip by? Not a chance in hell.” So long, too long, he had been pining – it had made him feel like a pathetic weeping schoolgirl back then if he had even thought of Kain for a second. And now that he was here – damn straight he’d work up some nerve!

He had scoped this place out before – the barkeep apparently was in charge of the rooms, and for some credits, he’d probably cough up a key. Val strolled up to the bar, tilting his head. “Yo, barkeep – you got any empty rooms left?” The barkeep didn’t seem to mince words and tossed a key Val’s way, the room number inscribed on the card key’s front. Val fished up some credits from the depths of his pocket, tossing them his way.

Down the hall was where all the rooms were kept – apparently theirs was at the very end, room 5A. He slid the card key through the door’s sensor, unlocking the door, and stepping inside. “Finally, some privacy,” he breathed, shaking his head. “All that noise was killing my ears.”

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 07:51:34 pm »
He gripped Val's hand tightly, almost as if fearful he would disappear if he let go. Letting Val lead the way to the bartender who simply tossed them a key. Kain rose a brow at how quiet he was, but it wasn't important. What was important was getting Valor into this room and showing off his new scars.

Once they got to the room, he practically tugged Valor in. Taking a moment to look around the room before making sure Valor had the key and he turned to lock the door. Then pushed Valor right up against a wall and kissed his lips again. "There was much more than just noise that was bothering me. The beautiful man that bought me a drink was that hardest to bare." he pouted cutely. "I missed you Valor."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 11:28:15 pm »
He had been expecting it – the shove against the wall. Kain had always been rough – just like the old days on the Libra. Right after the academy let out for the day, they’d up in in either Kain’s quarters or his, playing this same game. Valor savored their brief kiss, and as he drew back, he couldn’t help but take in Kain’s brilliant green eyes.

I missed you, Valor.

His words, finished off with that adorable pout, it was enough to drive Valor wild. He pressed a hand softly to Kain’s face, brushing his thumb across his cheek, a nostalgic smile on his face. “Damnit, Kain,” he muttered breathlessly. “It’s been hell – living without you, for all this time…” Val drew him in for another kiss – because those pouty lips of his seemed to just beg for it. He chuckled, his voice a soft whisper, “How are you gonna make this up to me, huh~?”

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 05:50:56 am »
He leaned into the gentle touch to his cheek and sighed. "I know the feeling." he said as he was being pulled in. Their lips touched again and he leaned up into it. His eyes closing for a moment until their lips parted and his eyes snapped back open. He smirked at Valor's comment and stepped back a bit, grabbing his shirt.

"Oh, I'm sure we haven't been away long enough for you to not know what I'm going to do." He said and pulled Valor towards the bed. "Now... just put up a little struggle~ I don't want it to seem like you've been counting down the days." he joked.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 10:10:51 pm »
Of course Valor knew what he was going to do. While he may not have been counting down the days (maybe the years, but not the days), there weren’t times when he didn’t fantasize about what would happen if he should find Kain again. And he was living the dream right now, being told to put up a struggle, when all he wanted to do was surrender himself to him.

“Struggle? Against you? That might just be impossible,” Valor confessed, letting himself be lead over to the bed. He let himself fall on the bed and pulled Kain closer towards him, grinning, so that their faces were dangerously close. Kain’s face had always been arresting – those green eyes set in his silver skin could not be compared to anyone else in this godforsaken galaxy. Valor knew from experience – he had tried to forget them, but alas, they would forever mesmerize him.

“Or maybe it would be more fun, if I teased you a little…” Valor mused. The vagabond’s lips had been so close to Kain’s before, and it seemed like he would kiss him again, but he drew back, and his aubergine eyes seemed to grin as he did so. He could be a tease – but not for long. He had been dying for this for way too long to play the role of a flighty coquette.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 11:56:49 am »
"Yes, struggle~ You know I don't like to have a dead fuck." he said, jokingly, but looked down at Valor and shook his head. This was far too much for him to handle. Struggling or not, it had been a while even with others. So he leaned in to kiss Val but stopped when he spoke.

"Tease...me?" he wondered. Val wasn't one to come up with ideas on his own-- he was the impatient type that just wanted it all all the time, and right away. Though Valor leaned up for a kiss so he leaned in.. Only to have Val pull away and he pouted. "Mean." he muttered. But leaned in quickly and stole Valor's lips. Kissing him deeply.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal