Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Reporting for ass-kicking, sir. |:  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Reporting for ass-kicking, sir. |:
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:34 pm »
...Oh. Well then!

Gabriel released Bart then and tried again, going for his knees this time as instructed. Dammit, but the guy had smacked him enough with that freakin' magazine that he was determined now. It was the principal of the matter!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 09:24:07 pm »
Bart actually let him connect this time and he went down. And then promptly flipped Gabe onto his back and twisted his arm behind him in a hold, "There ya go! Gettin' better alraedy!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »
Hah! Got him! Grinning, Gabriel exalted in a brief moment of victory before, with a surprised cry, the world suddenly turned upside down and he landed on the mat with a grunt. And then Bart was on him, twisting his arm back, and he let out a yelp and started to squirm and kick. "Ow! Ow! Hey!"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 09:29:34 pm »
"You callin' uncle then?" Bart grinned, "Ya got some spunk, I'll give ya that."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »
Gabriel glowered at Bart, then aimed a kick at him, if a sloppy, untrained one. "Ow, yeah, uncle! Unless ya wanna tell me how the heck to get out of this!"

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »
"Not yet. This is a basic class." Bart took pity and smacked the kick away, standing up after letting Gabe's arm go, "Well, now, how do ya think ya did? Got an ideas what yer doin' wrong?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 09:40:42 pm »
It was a relief when Bart let go, because it felt like he'd been about to break his arm. With a small groan, Gabriel sat upright on the mat and rubbed at his shoulder, rolling it to work the tightness out. He gave Bart a bland sort of 'do you really have to ask?' look in response to his question.

"I think I did pretty terrible," he muttered, frowning down at the mat. "Uh, you're bigger and more experienced and I kinda don't know what I'm doing, so..."

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 09:42:33 pm »
"That's a start." Bart grinned, ruffling the kids crunchy hair, "No worries kid. Ya actually didn't do too bad. Ya just got ta learn some stuff. That's what I'm here for."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 09:47:25 pm »
Gabriel tried to duck from the hair ruffle but was too late. But before he could complain about it, what Bart said made him blink in surprise. "That wasn't too bad?"

Alright, so he was feeling a little sour about the whole thing. After getting owned in the cafeteria, it wasn't the most awesome feeling to get thoroughly schooled again. Granted, this one was a Pilot and they could make anyone cry, but still! It was a matter of pride.

And right then, sitting there on the mat, he had no idea how he'd ever get to be Bart. A Pilot. Badass and amazing when all he'd ever aspired to be was, well...a geek.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »
"You'll get there no problem." Bart smiled, hard to miss the chaotic thoughts the untrained ones tended to project everywhere, "Just takes practice. And a good way to start is buildin' up that frame of yours."

He held out a hand, "Come on up. We'll get ya punchin' a dummy for a bit. In no time, I'll have ya able ta kick the shit out of any candidate that tries ta mess with ya."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 10:31:33 pm »
Grasping Bart's wrist, Gabriel hauled himself to his feet and dusted off his pants. "Think so? That'd be awesome." On his feet again, he stretched his arms over his head and arched his back until it popped.

"You know some chick actually got me in the kidneys? Like, kneed me. Repeatedly. I peed blood, sir. That was so not fun, so yeah, I'll punch a million dummies to avoid a repeat."

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:07 pm »
"Ooooh. Ouch. I've had that happen." Not quite the same way, but close enough Bart could sympathize, "Come on. First, let's warm you up a bit. Know how to stretch your arms?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 10:39:18 pm »
"Yeah? What happened?" Gabriel asked, suddenly curious. All he knew about Pilots was what you saw on TV, and they didn't really go into detail about their mishaps. They'd seemed like...superheroes. Something more than human.

At Bart's question, he nodded. "I think so? I did take gym, but that was just like...dodge ball and running laps and stuff." Gabriel stretched an arm over his chest and hooked his other arm under it. "Like this, right? And then the ones sorta over your head and behind your back?"

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:23 pm »
"Like that. Do them until you feel nice and limber." Bart chuckled, hooking his hands into his belt loops, "Oh man. Which time? Well, lesse. I was a candidate and I ain't never been real big on bullies. Some kid was gettin' pushed around and I just had ta be the big old' hero, ya know? Well, there were a lot of them and one of me and I ended up gettin' held down and some guy thought it would be fun to kick my back. Hit the kidneys a few times."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:27 pm »
Gabriel stretched while Bart spoke, trying to imagine him as a candidate and failing. When the story got to the beating up part, he winced sympathetically. "Ooh...yeah. That's sorta how it went down with me, too. Helping a friend. Didn't go that well for us."

He frowned, letting his arms drop once he'd finished stretching them out. "A lot of candidates are assholes."

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:59 pm »
"Oh yeah. Lots of people are assholes, that's the problem." Bart motioned Gabriel to follow, heading over to a punching bag, "Now, when ya punch, the power comes from your back, not yer arms. And don't punch with yer knuckles. This ain't a boxin' match."

Bart held out his hand, the heel forward, "Like this." He slammed his hand into the bag, rocking it back, "Now you try."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 11:59:10 pm »
Gabriel stared at the bag, rocking back and forth, and then grinned. "Ahhh, sweet, a palm strike! Just like in martial arts films!" He could do that! Which was good, because the one time he'd actually tried to punch someone with his knuckles, he'd nearly broken his hand.

He rolled his shoulders in preparation and, when the bag had finally stopped swinging, he stepped up to it and took a deep breath. Holding his hand out, he took aim, drew back, and put his whole body into the motion as he struck out as hard as he could--

His hand thumped against the bag, which didn't budge an inch, and he let out a hiss and shook out his hand, palm stinging. And then he just stared at the bag in dismay. Okay, while he hadn't expected the bag to swing like it had with Bart, this was just embarrassing. "For cereal? C'mooon!" he groaned, and punched the bag again.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 10:29:29 am »
Bart let out a quick burst of laughter before he quickly contained it, "Good try kid. Alright, try again." Moving closer, Bart adjusted Gabriel's stance a little, "Now, stop swingin' yer fist. Yer still tryin' ta get the power from yer arm. It's all in yer back. Try again."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:39 pm »
Ha ha, funny. Gabriel frowned at Bart but adjusted his stance as directed and gave it another shot, turning into the punch this time and throwing his frustration into it. The bag didn't move much, but this time it at least moved, and Gabriel shook out his hand and  and shot Bart a look. "Like that?"

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 11:47:07 pm »
"Yeah, you'll get it. Let's do a few more. It's gonna hurt til ya build up a tolerance." Bart then spent the next solid hour making Gabriel punch. This was punishment after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal