Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What a friendly greeting! (OPEN)  (Read 1655 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 07:25:16 pm »
"Ok, then I'll see what my crew and I could find." Svindri said it without noticing, though she did realise that throughout the whole time she had been talking to Nraig not once had he commented on her repeating what he said or her snorting. She noted it down and wondered whether it was because he was polite, whether he was freaked out or if he just hadn't noticed it at all.

She nodded and fell into step with him, willing to follow him until it looked like he might be leading her in a direction she didn't want. "What sort of jobs are the most abundant here?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 07:32:39 am »
Nraig absentmindedly scratched his arm and he ran through his mind several of the jobs he knew, "Uh...we've got...we've got...janitor...bar keeper....cooks, waiters/waitresses, trashmen and women, moped taxi drivers, all sorts, just think of one and I believe they have it here.  Of course you'd have to jump on it quick, everyone is looking for jobs nowadays, what with the market crashing and all." Nraig shrugged, he just told her something he'd never admit to his crew, the fact that he watched the market, most people shunned that as the last market crash pretty much fueled the biggest war in history and further added to the pollution of the earth.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 01:36:25 am »
Svindri listened to his list quietly, snorting a few times. "Well. I can hopefully get a job, then. We should just go for the nearest - or the safest ones. Being capable doesn't meant I'm stupid." After talking she realised what he'd said. "The market is crashing? What market, why?" She wasn't very economically savvy, but even she knew that a market crash was not a good thing for most people involved.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 03:05:13 pm »
"Hmmm...can you cook then?  Safest I can think of at the moment." He scanned the shops looking for a resturaunt they could possibly visit, at the same time he regarded her question, "The market is a country's or territory's foundation for it's economic state, if it goes down, the less money the government gets, basically, and the whole thing goes down the tubes.  Right now, it's inching it's way back up, the gods of theiving be praised, but not quick enough.  No, it's already crashed, or did, it's ok now, sorta, yet-" He was cut off suddenly by his breast pocket vibrating, pulling out a palm's length screen, he peered into it's flickering surface for a moment before a purple humanoid appeared onscreen, Capn', those guys had friends, they've got a fix on your position, and they're headed torward you right now. Nraig cursed, stuffing the screen back into his pocket and beckoning Svindri, "Might wanna keep your head low, Miss, those guys I killed had friends, and they aren't too keen on having their buddies killed it seems.  Stick close to me and stay low, as I can't dispose of them, seeing as it upsets you and all, I'll do my best to lose 'em, follow me." Crouching low he started his way through the crowd.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 01:40:55 am »
"Hmmm...can you cook then? Safest I can think of at the moment." Svindri thought about her cooking for a moment. It was pretty good by her people's standards but Bellinese stomachs were tough and a lot of the things they ate were deadly to humans. This meant that cooking was suddenly a greatly reduced matter, because the amount of foods humans could have was much smaller. But, if she was careful, and made sure to find an experimental restaurant (or insanely fancy) then she could experiment and everyone would know it was expected for the meal to taste kinda funny. "Yes, I can cook," she said after a while and then snorted a few times.

His explanation confused her greatly and he did not even answer which market. She supposed he might have been getting around to it when his pocket vibrated. She laughed when the thing on screen relayed its message, an unlikely reaction, considering the circumstances. "Serves you right for killing them, doesn't it?" She was not unduly bothered by the idea of people hunting for them, now she had gotten used to this place and its lawlessness. That didn't mean she approved of it, but she wasn't surprised that some men were planning on killing them.

It was probably some sort of shock.

"Okay, I'm coming with you," she said comfortably as she tried to work out how she would get as low as Nraig was. Dropping the tension on her abdomen and chest muscles, she suddenly flopped a long way, her body leaning backwards as she selectively worked on certain back muscles, halting her fall so that she was upright until her hips, then almost horizontal backwards until her shoulders, and her neck and head were vertical again, so that she could look forward. It gained her a lot of odd looks but it didn't impede her movement and she could stay low without any trouble.

"So what are you going to do, Nraig?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 02:21:49 pm »
To be quite truthful, Nraig was very irritated by her laugh.  'Serves me right, my ass,' he thought angrily, fighting the urge to turn and snap at her, 'She would be happy getting shot, I'll bet' He also refrained from drawing his pistol as that might set her off and instead continued to move quickly.  Soon, shouts were heard over the general noise of Red District, looking back, he nearly fell over in shock to see how strange Svindri looked.  He stopped, mouth gaping open in shock, until a new shout, much closer to him this time set him back into motion.  "You can cook?  Good, I can find you something." he said as they dodged appendages and bodies, "I'll get to work on it, as soon as we can lose these guys, and I have no bloody hell where we are going, just as long as I can get 'em off our tails."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:45 pm »
Svindri caught his anger and flinched. She realised he was angry because of her callous comment. Kind of sorry about the way she'd acted, considering he'd apologised for what he'd done, she vowed to be nicer.

Snorting softly, her nostrils flaring, she followed him, moving smoothly despite her strange position. When he turned around she dropped her jaw, literally letting her muscles drop lower than the jawbone did for humans. The effect was usually quite startling.

Waves of indignance and anger started buffeting her from behind so she imagined that the people after them were starting to be a bit rough to the crowd. When a few fears hit her she wondered if they'd started threatening to shoot people. That was quite scary; if they did shoot random people it made her fear what they'd do to her if they caught her. "You can cook? Good, I can find you something," she repeated before snorting quite hard and shaking her head. I feel like a horse, she thought ruefully.

Twitching her cat-like ears, she heard one of the men curse. He sounded quite close to them. She sped up and tapped Nraig on the shoulder. "They're getting pretty close. What about those people you were talking to with your devices? They near enough to help us?" If they could find nothing else, she supposed she could try screaming again. It hurt her to cause others pain, because she felt what they did (their emotions), but if it had to be done it had to be done.

[[Sorry it took so long, love!]]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal